PDA

View Full Version : Are The Steelers Acting Their Age?

SteelersFever
03-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Title: Are The Steelers Acting Their Age?
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Marc Simon

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0712.html

Counselor
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Good points.

There is the theory out there that the Super Bowl run was less the beginning of a dynasty and more the "last gasp" of a veteran team that added the missing piece (quarterback) just in time.

The good thing is Tomlin has no loyalties to older vets who can't/don't perform---he'll bring some young guys in where needed, keep vets where they perform. In the era of free agency, every year is a little bit of a rebuilding year.

tony hipchest
03-06-2007, 08:56 AM
i wonder if this article will go over better than my suggestion to trade ward and faneca to infuse some much needed youth on the team.

mark is spot on.

wardswarriors86
03-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I agree, mostly on the defensive side of the ball. That's why I am not as upset over the decision to release Porter. There are several talented OLBs available in the draft that could infuse some youth while also fitting the new scheme better. I do think they have a good mix on offense with Ben, Parker, Holmes, Starks, Miller to go with Faneca, Ward, and the like.

polamalufan43
03-06-2007, 02:13 PM
I agree. We definately need some young blood on the D. It seems like the offe3nse is pretty toung with the exception of some lineman, FB, and a TE. Who knows, maybe this year the D will getsome younger players just like the offense did a few years ago.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelShooter
03-06-2007, 05:08 PM
Although the points he made were spot-on, it kind of gives you a foreboding feeling for this upcoming season.............

The Duke
03-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Time to get back on track Steelers, all of you, let's not make this season a 6-10 or something lower as the pattern says.

polamalufan43
03-07-2007, 06:50 AM
Time to get back on track Steelers, all of you, let's not make this season a 6-10 or something lower as the pattern says.

Yes, please don't. My nerves and my screaming throat can't take another season like that one....

~Polamalufan43:tt02: