PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Sign 49ers punter to offer sheet

paw-n-maul-u
03-06-2007, 06:27 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/74335/

Steelers Sign Andy Lee To Offer Sheet

PITTSBURGH ? The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed restricted free agent punter Andy Lee to an offer sheet, the team announced today.

The San Francisco 49ers have seven days to match the offer sheet by the Steelers. If the 49ers do not match the offer, Pittsburgh has to give its sixth-round pick in this year's NFL Draft to San Francisco in return.

Lee was originally drafted by the 49ers in the sixth round (188th overall) of the 2004 Draft out of Pitt. He averaged a career-high 44.8 yards per punt in 2006, ranking sixth in the NFC and seventh in the NFL. Lee had 81 punts for 3,625 yards this past season.

At Pitt, Lee became the only player in Big East Conference history to be named league Special Teams Player of the Year twice and ranks first in school history in career punts (244) and second in yardage (10,353).

Hopefully this will help out our special teams. a definite upgrade over gardoki.

19ward86
03-06-2007, 08:05 PM
he isnt very good, at this point i would rather draft a guy, or just pay gardocki a mil to stay.

The Duke
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
he isnt very good, at this point i would rather draft a guy, or just pay gardocki a mil to stay.

Yeah if we are going to give up our 6th round pick why not draft a punter in the sixth round, some new blood that can replace Gardocki

Stlrs4Life
03-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I guess the Steelers really don't like Barr.

wise1s
03-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Are we going to sign anyone that will make an impact? or wait for the draft? Gardocki has always done well for us. I don't really understand what we are doing!! But I will hang in and see where we are going!!

Newzfoxjr
03-06-2007, 09:26 PM
o_o

I just want one exciting thing to happen. :(

jjpro11
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
im going to have to quote faneca and ask wtf are we doing? why waste a 6th round pick on a punter like this? either draft a guy or use barr. i thought barr did very well last preseason.

NV STEELERS 723
03-06-2007, 09:58 PM
I could be wrong, but didn't the STEELERS already sign Gardocki for a mil this year?

dunkuntou
03-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Well they didn't sign Gardocki this year but he is under contract for a little over $1 million

Andy Lee is a very similar punter to Gardocki although I think there would have been better options to explore

I will say this...Lee's net was close to Gardocki but the 49ers had the worst kick coverage in the league. He averaged nearly 45 yards a punt which was up from his 41.6 from the previous 2 years

polamalufan43
03-07-2007, 07:39 AM
I don't really think this was a good choice. No matter how much Gardocki sucked last season I'd rather have him.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

HometownGal
03-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Gardocki had one bad season with the Steelers last year - hell - other than Parker, who didn't? I'm not going to throw the towel in on him yet. Lee doesn't appear that he would be a tremendous improvement at that position, but obviously the coaches see something in him that we don't. Put the job up for grabs in camp and let the best foot win!

polamalufan43
03-07-2007, 07:46 AM
Gardocki had one bad season with the Steelers last year - hell - other than Parker, who didn't? I'm not going to throw the towel in on him yet. Lee doesn't appear that he would be a tremendous improvement at that position, but obviously the coaches see something in him that we don't. Put the job up for grabs in camp and let the best foot win!

Agreed, although I am doubtful about him, things might happen, as always, during camp.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

ajs8207
03-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Are we going to sign anyone that will make an impact? or wait for the draft? Gardocki has always done well for us. I don't really understand what we are doing!! But I will hang in and see where we are going!!

I disagree. Gardocki was terrible last year. Whether its Andy Lee or somebody else, he needs to be replaced.

SteelerFanInCA
03-07-2007, 11:09 AM
I can't believe we gave up a draft pick for a frickin kicker. We could have found a kicker on the street. Gimme a break. :dang:

drew102e
03-07-2007, 02:09 PM
craptastic

abgroove
03-07-2007, 02:11 PM
im going to have to quote faneca and ask wtf are we doing? why waste a 6th round pick on a punter like this? either draft a guy or use barr. i thought barr did very well last preseason.
Who drafts punters? What are we doing?

drew102e
03-07-2007, 02:37 PM
invite this guy to camp, hes a gamer and can backup jeff reed as well:

http://ohiobobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lasher_matt00.html

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Steelers' offer to punter Lee revealed
Wednesday, March 07, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The offer sheet that punter Andy Lee signed with the Steelers on Tuesday is for a reported $7.1 million over six years that includes a $1.66 million signing bonus.

Since Lee is a restricted free agent, the San Francisco 49ers have until next Tuesday to either match the offer and retain him or to pass on it and receive a sixth-round draft choice from the Steelers in return.

The contract did not include a so-called "poison pill" clause that would make it hard for San Francisco to match.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07066/767644-100.stm

HometownGal
03-07-2007, 04:21 PM
I disagree. Gardocki was terrible last year. Whether its Andy Lee or somebody else, he needs to be replaced.

Because of one bad season? Might as well get rid of the majority of the team, too, if you are basing your opinion on last season. Before this past season, he played a part in the Steelers' success getting to and winning XL.

ajs8207
03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Because of one bad season? Might as well get rid of the majority of the team, too, if you are basing your opinion on last season. Before this past season, he played a part in the Steelers' success getting to and winning XL.

You have to remember the guy is 37 years old. Do you really think hes gonna get better this late in his career? I know kickers and punters can last a while longer in the league than the average player, but eventually they need to be replaced. Gardocki isn't gonna get any better. He is just going to keep getting worse. I'm not saying giving up a 6th round pick for Andy Lee is a good thing, but I'm saying we need some other punter other than Gardocki next year.

4n2t0
03-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Everyone keeps saying this guy isn't any good but he ranked 7th in the NFL last year, what's not good? If the offer sheet speculation is correct he will be paid a whopping $906,000 per year, big deal.

HometownGal
03-07-2007, 05:14 PM
You have to remember the guy is 37 years old. Do you really think hes gonna get better this late in his career? I know kickers and punters can last a while longer in the league than the average player, but eventually they need to be replaced. Gardocki isn't gonna get any better. He is just going to keep getting worse. I'm not saying giving up a 6th round pick for Andy Lee is a good thing, but I'm saying we need some other punter other than Gardocki next year.

Remember a gentleman named Ray Guy? Now I'm not saying that Gardocki has the same credentials, but Guy still had a 40+ avg. when he retired at the age of 37. I don't have a crystal ball to know what Gardocki can or can't do in the upcoming season, but I'm not going to ride him out of town because of one less than stellar season. Whatever the Steelers decide, we have no control over, but I still say - let 'em all go to camp and battle it out and may the best shoe win. :tt02:

Anthony_Smith27
03-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Gardocki is a bum, and has been for a few years now, the only thing that he has with him is he hasn't been blocked, wow, what an accomplishment :rolleyes: he don't get block cause he gets it and kicks it, he never puts his full force into it. it's time for him to go. hell he should've never even came here

ajs8207
03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Remember a gentleman named Ray Guy? Now I'm not saying that Gardocki has the same credentials, but Guy still had a 40+ avg. when he retired at the age of 37. I don't have a crystal ball to know what Gardocki can or can't do in the upcoming season, but I'm not going to ride him out of town because of one less than stellar season. Whatever the Steelers decide, we have no control over, but I still say - let 'em all go to camp and battle it out and may the best shoe win. :tt02:

I'm all for a camp battle. However, will there really be a camp battle if we give up a 6th round pick to land this guy? This move is looking pretty stupid to me now.

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Gardocki is a bum, and has been for a few years now, the only thing that he has with him is he hasn't been blocked, wow, what an accomplishment :rolleyes: he don't get block cause he gets it and kicks it, he never puts his full force into it. it's time for him to go. hell he should've never even came here

I think calling the guy a "bum" is a little harsh. The guy is a Steeler. What I do agree with you on is that I feel it's time to move on and bring in some younger blood. Before this past season began I stated Barr should have won the starting job.

The way I look at it, when your 37 years old and your game is tailing off, it's time to cut ties and bring in new blood. If the guy was 28 and he had a bad year then I would give him a free pass. That's not the case. Eitherway, I think Gardocki is gone.

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 05:56 PM
well the terms of the deal make sense. in 5 years, having a punter on the books for only a million a year will brobably be a bargain. i dont really mind giving up a 6th if this lee guy was ranked 7th last year in punting. we have 10 picks in the draft and most people cant even agree on 5 players to get cut to make room for half of them.

he has nfl experience which is something i dont think barr has. im not gonna get too worked up over a punter. all he has to do is keep his mouth shut, kick the ball (and the way our special teams have played) make lots of tackles. can anyone compare his tackling skills to gardocki's or barrs? maybe he excels there.

people hated it when we brought in gardocki just because he was a brown. people will hate this too. if he is cheap and makes tackles on players like d. hester im good. :rolleyes:

hmmmm... 6 ft tall 206 lbs four career tackles, averages over 40 yds a kick and is getting stronger (44 last year)

and in his 3 years he has only allowed ONE td returned and NEVER HAD A KICK BLOCKED.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492992

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
I watched him with the 49ers all last year, and he's just not that great. He's OK, but he never really bails you out of any jams, and it seemed like whenever he had a bad kick, it was always at an inopportune time.In his defense that stadium is a very tough place to kick.

Anthony_Smith27
03-07-2007, 07:18 PM
well the terms of the deal make sense. in 5 years, having a punter on the books for only a million a year will brobably be a bargain. i dont really mind giving up a 6th if this lee guy was ranked 7th last year in punting. we have 10 picks in the draft and most people cant even agree on 5 players to get cut to make room for half of them.

he has nfl experience which is something i dont think barr has. im not gonna get too worked up over a punter. all he has to do is keep his mouth shut, kick the ball (and the way our special teams have played) make lots of tackles. can anyone compare his tackling skills to gardocki's or barrs? maybe he excels there.

people hated it when we brought in gardocki just because he was a brown. people will hate this too. if he is cheap and makes tackles on players like d. hester im good. :rolleyes:

hmmmm... 6 ft tall 206 lbs four career tackles, averages over 40 yds a kick and is getting stronger (44 last year)

and in his 3 years he has only allowed ONE td returned and NEVER HAD A KICK BLOCKED.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492992

one thing i like about this dude is that he spent his college career punting at Heinz field so he won't have to learn how to kick in the crazy winds of this place

Anthony_Smith27
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
I think calling the guy a "bum" is a little harsh. The guy is a Steeler. What I do agree with you on is that I feel it's time to move on and bring in some younger blood. Before this past season began I stated Barr should have won the starting job.

The way I look at it, when your 37 years old and your game is tailing off, it's time to cut ties and bring in new blood. If the guy was 28 and he had a bad year then I would give him a free pass. That's not the case. Eitherway, I think Gardocki is gone.

so because he wears a steelers jersey i can't call him a bum? well sorry, but he is, he's washed up and sucks, i've wanted him gone as soon as he signed here, we could've done better and now we finally are

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 07:59 PM
so because he wears a steelers jersey i can't call him a bum? well sorry, but he is, he's washed up and sucks, i've wanted him gone as soon as he signed here, we could've done better and now we finally arelol. :yawn:

dont tell me youre the guy he flipped off while he was a brown. :sofunny:

know who i hate? i hate the oriental female trainer. shes a ho, and needs to go, fo sho!

theres no way her rubdowns could be as effective as a man's :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
one thing i like about this dude is that he spent his college career punting at Heinz field so he won't have to learn how to kick in the crazy winds of this placethat definitely cant hurt. i think hes an upgrad, but i almost think SF would be retarded not to match that offer.

Anthony_Smith27
03-07-2007, 08:05 PM
that definitely cant hurt. i think hes an upgrad, but i almost think SF would be retarded not to match that offer.

an 80 year old with no legs would be a upgrade over this bum of a punter we have now

jjpro11
03-07-2007, 08:53 PM
looks like he isnt coming back to heinz.

profootballtalk.com

NINERS MATCH LEE OFFER SHEET

A league source tells us that the San Francisco 49ers have matched the offer sheet that punter Andy Lee signed on Tuesday with the Steelers.

The Niners had until March 13 to make a decision.

It had been reported elsewhere on Wednesday that the offer did not include a poison-pill provision. By failing to use the device, the Steelers basically negotiated on the Niners' behalf a long-term deal for Lee.

If, in contrast, the Steelers had thrown a phony final year on the deal worth $15 million or so, and had included a term that would have made the entire package guaranteed if, for example, Lee played six games in California in any year of the deal, the Niners more likely would have let Lee walk.

So why didn't the Steelers use it? And, more importantly, why did they even bother to make the offer if they weren't going to try their best to land the player?

Look for the union to grouse about this one, since the NFL clearly doesn't like the poison pill -- and since the union clearly believes it's a valid tool to promote player movement.

If the Niners had opted not to match the deal, they would have gotten a sixth-round pick as compensation from the Steelers.

NV STEELERS 723
03-07-2007, 09:00 PM
Well..... then lets plan on not punting that much....Indy does'nt

Dynasty
03-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm actually very glad about this. Since we didn't get him, this makes it so that we are more likely to draft Daniel Sepulveda, who is a better punter than Lee. In fact, we will probably get him with the 6th-round pick we wold have given up to the 49ers.

ajs8207
03-07-2007, 10:21 PM
San Fran matched

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2007, 10:42 PM
so because he wears a steelers jersey i can't call him a bum? well sorry, but he is, he's washed up and sucks, i've wanted him gone as soon as he signed here, we could've done better and now we finally are

Sorry, I'm just not fond of calling a Steeler player a "bum" no matter how bad I feel he is on the field. I will express my displeasure with his on-field play, but I will not stoop to the level of calling a Steeler player a "bum". I'll leave that type of low class B.S. up to Philly trash and Cincinnati bandwagon fans.

But hey, you want to call him a bum, more power to you buddy. Your choice. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
03-07-2007, 10:44 PM
thats too bad, although the 9ers woulda been stupid not to match that offer. it is a hell of a bargain to lock him up for that long at that price. im wondering though... does lee have to accept such a low ball offer?

anyways, the above write up from pft seems to promote the use of the "poison pill". i wouldnt think the rooneys would go that route. that is a pu$$y tactic used by pu$$y teams and owners, that blatantly goes against the integrity of the league.

im sure many fans would promote the use of this bush league manuever, but under handed approaches like that are better left for the teams who arent used to winning w/o such desperate measures.

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
BARRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Newzfoxjr
03-07-2007, 10:46 PM
Good. We should just draft one if we're so desperate.

Anthony_Smith27
03-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Sorry, I'm just not fond of calling a Steeler player a "bum" no matter how bad I feel he is on the field. I will express my displeasure with his on-field play, but I will not stoop to the level of calling a Steeler player a "bum". I'll leave that type of low class B.S. up to Philly trash and Cincinnati bandwagon fans.

But hey, you want to call him a bum, more power to you buddy. Your choice. :thumbsup:

yup, it sure is my choice, and soon he won't be a steelers player so he's a bum and never brought anything to the table while being here

83-Steelers-43
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
yup, it sure is my choice, and soon he won't be a steelers player so he's a bum and never brought anything to the table while being here

So because the guy's game is slipping (he is 37), he's a "bum"? You make it sound like it's his fault the Steelers signed him. If you feel the need to blame anybody for the signing, blame the Rooney's. Your blaming a guy for signing a contract and for his game dropping off with age. Wow.

Like I said, your choice. :thumbsup:

Anthony_Smith27
03-07-2007, 11:03 PM
is there a legit source to them matching??? i'm sure they did, but i don't like the website this is coming from

aww well if it's true, the dude from baylor would be a good pick in the 5th or 6th

GBMelBlount
03-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Gardocki's numbers are ridiculously low. If we can get a better punter in the later rounds, go for it!:tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-07-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm glad the Steelers did not put the "poisn pill" in the contract......It shows their class

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2007, 12:28 AM
here's the guy we want...

Adam Podlesh

Hometown:
Pittsford, N.Y.

High School:
Pittsford Sutherland

Height / Weight:
6-0 / 205

Position:
Punter

Experience:
4L

A four-year starter at punter and two-time Ray Guy Award semifinalist ... only player in Terps history to be named All-ACC four times in his career ... also earned honorable mention All-America honors as a senior ... started all 48 games in his career ... a four-time Academic All-ACC selection ... a good athlete with a strong leg ... extremely consistent, averaging between 42 and 44 yards per punt all four seasons ... excels at placement and directional kicks ... ranked among the top-25 nationally in punting average in each of his final three seasons ... career average of 43.1 ranks second in school history and ninth in ACC annals ... his 9,314 punting yards are also second in school history and ninth in the ACC ... his 216 punts are fourth on the Terps career chart ... all four of his season punting averages rank among the top 10 in school history ... 38 percent (83 of 216) of his career punts landed inside the opponents' 20-yard line and 16 percent (35 of 216) fell inside the 10-yard line ... did not have a punt blocked in his career ... also served as the holder on place-kicking attempts ... an Iron Terp with impressive strength and speed numbers ... set the school record for a punter in the spring with a 325-pound clean and a 4.44 time in the 40-yard dash in 2006 spring testing ... played in the 2007 Senior Bowl ... punted five times with a 44.4 yards per kick average, including a long of 67 ... placed one punt inside the 20-yard-line ... ranked as No. 1 senior punter in the nation by ESPN.com at the end of the 2006 season ... invited to the 2007 NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Ind.

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm glad the Steelers did not put the "poisn pill" in the contract......It shows their classowners like Kraft and Wilf were shittin their diapers while people like the rooneys were building this league...

rooneys make the rules, they dont break them (or try to circumvent them)

some teams have the leagues best interrests in mind, while other are just out for personal gain.

Anthony_Smith27
03-08-2007, 12:50 AM
here's the guy we want...

Adam Podlesh

Hometown:
Pittsford, N.Y.

High School:
Pittsford Sutherland

Height / Weight:
6-0 / 205

Position:
Punter

Experience:
4L

A four-year starter at punter and two-time Ray Guy Award semifinalist ... only player in Terps history to be named All-ACC four times in his career ... also earned honorable mention All-America honors as a senior ... started all 48 games in his career ... a four-time Academic All-ACC selection ... a good athlete with a strong leg ... extremely consistent, averaging between 42 and 44 yards per punt all four seasons ... excels at placement and directional kicks ... ranked among the top-25 nationally in punting average in each of his final three seasons ... career average of 43.1 ranks second in school history and ninth in ACC annals ... his 9,314 punting yards are also second in school history and ninth in the ACC ... his 216 punts are fourth on the Terps career chart ... all four of his season punting averages rank among the top 10 in school history ... 38 percent (83 of 216) of his career punts landed inside the opponents' 20-yard line and 16 percent (35 of 216) fell inside the 10-yard line ... did not have a punt blocked in his career ... also served as the holder on place-kicking attempts ... an Iron Terp with impressive strength and speed numbers ... set the school record for a punter in the spring with a 325-pound clean and a 4.44 time in the 40-yard dash in 2006 spring testing ... played in the 2007 Senior Bowl ... punted five times with a 44.4 yards per kick average, including a long of 67 ... placed one punt inside the 20-yard-line ... ranked as No. 1 senior punter in the nation by ESPN.com at the end of the 2006 season ... invited to the 2007 NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Ind.

the heck with him

Daniel Sepulveda

Has an extremely strong leg...Handles the ball well...Shows good placement and can pin opponents...Very good athlete for the position...Has a big frame and solid build...Physical and can tackle...Very smart and a hard worker...Also a PAT holder.

Two-time winner of the Ray Guy Award as the nation's top punter ('04 & '06)...A three-time All-American...Brother, Stephen, played linebacker for Baylor...Actually began his college career as a walk-on linebacker...Has a history of knee problems with his right (non-kicking) leg...A prolific collegiate punter and excellent physical specimen who has all the tools needed to compete for a starting job in the pros.

your guy is a runner up to this guy in the ray guy award.....for his career avg. 2 more yards per punt.....

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2007, 01:00 AM
the heck with him

your guy is a runner up to this guy in the ray guy award.....for his career avg. 2 more yards per punt.....

my guy was ranked as No. 1 senior punter in the nation by ESPN.com at the end of the 2006 season ... invited to the 2007 NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Ind. so.....:nana:

by the way...you forgot to add this...
weaknesses:
has had some trouble with out kicking his coverage...accuracy can get spotty at times and he needs to be more consistent..health and durability are concerns.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/p/danielsepulveda.html

jjpro11
03-08-2007, 01:44 AM
weaknesses:
has had some trouble with out kicking his coverage
they call that a weakness? :sofunny:

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 01:57 AM
I feel were loosing the field position battle way to much and we need improvement there to. Like other things we have let go we need to let Gardocki go and persue a improvement for that area also.

robzombie813
03-08-2007, 07:37 AM
Well, I've traversed a few of the 'usual suspects' (i.e ESPN, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, CBS, SI and the Steelers website itself) and none of them have any kind of information, other than how much exactly the Steelers signed Lee to.

So, either PFT gets their info super fast...or they're full of it. I'm kinda betting on the latter, but, we shall see as the day wears on.

abgroove
03-08-2007, 08:08 AM
is there a legit source to them matching??? i'm sure they did, but i don't like the website this is coming from

aww well if it's true, the dude from baylor would be a good pick in the 5th or 6th

PFT is pretty reliable.

Anthony_Smith27
03-08-2007, 01:33 PM
my guy was ranked as No. 1 senior punter in the nation by ESPN.com at the end of the 2006 season ... invited to the 2007 NFL Combine in Indianapolis, Ind. so.....:nana:

by the way...you forgot to add this...
weaknesses:
has had some trouble with out kicking his coverage...accuracy can get spotty at times and he needs to be more consistent..health and durability are concerns.

your guy has the same problem

Leg is so powerful that he will out-kick his coverage every once in a while...Was a little inconsistent at times as a senior...He has such outstanding triangle numbers that teams could get mesmerized and select him a little earlier than they should.

and my guy is ranked number one on nfldraftcountdown

nfldraftcountdown>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> espn

espn is retarded lol......... actually i wouldn't mind either guy, i just want us to draft a punter so we can have or franchise punter lol

Anthony_Smith27
03-08-2007, 01:34 PM
PFT is pretty reliable.

no it ain't............... i'm sure it's true, but more often than not pft is full of it.....i rather wait for a more reliable source

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Steelers lose bid for punter
Thursday, March 08, 2007

The San Francisco 49ers today matched the Steelers contract with punter Andy Lee and will keep him on their roster.

Lee, a restricted free agent, signed a six-year, $7.1 million contract that included a $1.66 million signing bonus Monday. The 49ers had until next Tuesday to match and keep him or pass on him and receive a sixth-round pick from the Steelers in return.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07067/767905-100.stm

Anthony_Smith27
03-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Steelers lose bid for punter
Thursday, March 08, 2007

The San Francisco 49ers today matched the Steelers contract with punter Andy Lee and will keep him on their roster.

Lee, a restricted free agent, signed a six-year, $7.1 million contract that included a $1.66 million signing bonus Monday. The 49ers had until next Tuesday to match and keep him or pass on him and receive a sixth-round pick from the Steelers in return.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07067/767905-100.stm

thanks for a reliable source

oh well, at least the rooney's tried to get better, to bad they have class and didn't put a "poison pill" in the contract lol

TackleMeBen
03-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Maybe the best option is to not punt, and just have Ben throw interceptions instead. That seemed to be the strategy for large stretches of last season.

or just let holmes fumble all the kick returns.. that way we wont be on the field to punt or let ben throw interceptions :flap: