PDA

View Full Version : McGahee a Raven

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2007, 01:18 PM
McGahee traded to Ravens for multiple picks
By Michael Smith
ESPN.com

The Ravens and Bills agreed to a trade Thursday that will send running back Willis McGahee to Baltimore in exchange for the team's third and seventh-round picks in this year's draft, along with the Ravens' third-round pick in 2008.

Baltimore announced the deal Thursday afternoon.

Buffalo dealt McGahee in anticipation of difficulty with his contract, which has one season remaining at $2.155 million. The Ravens and McGahee have already begun negotiations on a contract extension, McGahee's agent Drew Rosenhaus said.

It's the second year in a row the Ravens pulled off a trade for a marquee veteran. Last year they dealt for Tennessee Titans quarteback Steve McNair, who led the Ravens to the AFC North title.

The Titans were also reportedly interested in dealing for McGahee.

The Bills, whose remaining running backs are Daimon Shelton and Shaud Williams, are now in the market for multiple backs. They have shown interest in the Colts' Dominic Rhodes and the Titans' Chris Brown, and both have visited the team. Former Patriots running back Corey Dillon has not visited Orchard Park, but the Bills are said to be interested.

Buffalo's first-round pick out of Miami in 2003, McGahee is coming off a down season in which he finished with a career-low 990 yards rushing, but led the team with six rushing touchdowns in 14 starts.

In 2005, he had 1,247 yards rushing and five touchdowns in 15 starts. He established himself as the Bills starter in 2004 with 1,128 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns in 11 starts. That performance led the team to trade former starter Travis Henry to Tennessee the following summer.

McGahee sat out his rookie season recovering from major knee surgery.

The Bills have been disappointed in McGahee for conducting most of his offseason workouts in his native Miami, rather than traveling to the team's Orchard Park headquarters. McGahee also created a stir when he was quoted in a magazine article suggesting the NFL consider moving the Bills to Toronto, a comment he later said was taken out of context.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 02:21 PM
McGAHEE TRADE HINGES ON NEW DEAL

We were caught up in some day-job stuff earlier today, and we're catching up on the flow of the NFL info.

Here's what we know about the McGahee deal, plenty of which is already reported elsewhere. The Ravens sent a third-round pick and a seventh-round pick in 2007 and a third round pick in 2008. The deal hinges on the Ravens working out a long-term extension with McGahee, and the deadline is March 13.

Stay tuned.

Big D
03-08-2007, 03:48 PM
How ungrateful can one man be? If it wasnt for the bills I hardly doubt mcgahee would have been drafted in the first round. I also think he is very overrated

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I also think he is very overrated

My thought exactly. The Ravens are not getting anything special. The guy has zero character and the Ravens can also have fun dealing with Drew Rosenhaus.

Big D
03-08-2007, 04:02 PM
My thought exactly. The Ravens are not getting anything special. The guy has zero character and the Ravens can also have fun dealing with Drew Rosenhaus.

I was telling my raider buddy that i'm more worried about jamal lewis in cleveland then gary coleman in baltimore

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2007, 04:08 PM
I was telling my raider buddy that i'm more worried about jamal lewis in cleveland then gary coleman in baltimore

I found out yesterday (never had a reason or desire to check) that J. Lewis was only 27 years old. For some reason I thought he was older than that.

Guess you learn something new everyday. :smile:

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 04:59 PM
McGAHEE DEAL: SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million. The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Boy do you see the back load on this contract.

paw-n-maul-u
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Well looks like the steelers lost out on the punter Andy Lee from SF. they matched the offer. Not really a big loss here seeing as there are a couple very promising punters that can be had in about the same round.

Willis Mcgahee got traded to the ravens. two thirds and a 7th i believe ... one third this year and one next. Not really sure what to think about this, jamal lewis ... willis mcgahee. I would rather see Jamal Lewis twice a year than I would mcgahee but I'm not really enamored by either runner. Surely not worried about the self proclaimed "best running back in the NFL" by any means vs. our run D. Looking at his stats he's beat up on some pretty pathetic defenses over the past few years ... most of his 100 + yard games coming against NYJ. joke. then again i could make the same arguement for willie parker.

Willis will probably get injured anyways.

Dear santa,

... lance brigss.

The end.

SteelShooter
03-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Boy do you see the back load on this contract.

Yep! That pretty much tells me that the Ravens are only planning on keeping him for 3-4yrs. I do not think it would be less due to the large signing and option bonus. But use him up in 3 - 4 years and then kick him to the curb for something younger .

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 05:12 PM
i think willie parker (in his 1st year carrying a full load) had more yds or td's than mcgahee has in any of his seasons. wasnt willie supposed to have durability issues? willis has never played a full season.

i hope baltimore has a nightlife and plenty of clubs to keep him happy while he is rehabing his next injury or he may ask that the team be moved to l.a.

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 05:15 PM
holy cow! 6 duplicate threads on a punter???

please steelers f.o. do something and do it QUICK!

willie>willis

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Welp you have a thread that you already started a Thread on Andy

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15480

And there is already a big thread also on McGahee

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15513

So yet another useless multiple thread.

fansince'76
03-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I would rather see Jamal Lewis twice a year than I would mcgahee but I'm not really enamored by either runner. Surely not worried about the self proclaimed "best running back in the NFL" by any means vs. our run D.

Considering that we held Tomlinson (who is legitimately the best RB in the game) to 36 yards on 13 carries this past season, you'll have to excuse me if McGahee doesn't exactly scare me....

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 05:37 PM
if you compare first year stats, Parker has more rushing and receiving yards and TDs then McGahee.

Parker sharing the load with the Bus the year before. Now McGahee has played 3 years and is just over 400 yards more then parker in 3 seasons, and has just a little over 200 more carries then Parker. Parker has played 2 seasons, compared to McGahee 3 seasons. Give parker 150 more carries and he has trashed McGahee in stats.

ChronoCross
03-08-2007, 05:40 PM
Well I guess its a .2 upgrade with McGahee for the Ravens.. Lewis avg 3.6 last season and McGahee avg 3.8 per rush last season.

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2007, 05:55 PM
Anybody hear the Ravens inked Lee? Oh yeah, McGahee is a 49er. Joey Porter is a Brown and Jamal Lewis is a Steeler. I also heard Ben Roethlisberger is Swiss and likes cheese. Anybody see that big chunk of cheese?

fansince'76
03-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Anybody hear the Ravens inked Lee? Oh yeah, McGahee is a 49er. Joey Porter is a Brown and Jamal Lewis is a Steeler. I also heard Ben Roethlisberger is Swiss and likes cheese. Anybody see that big chunk of cheese?

Actually, Ben is Dutch if you wanna split hairs about it. :flap:

83-Steelers-43
03-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Actually, Ben is Dutch if you wanna split hairs about it. :flap:

Damn it, I should have known that. See, that's why we need more threads pertaining to Ben and Switzerland. And pictures of cheese. Big, huge, gigantic chunks of cheese.

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Well I guess its a .2 upgrade with McGahee for the Ravens.. Lewis avg 3.6 last season and McGahee avg 3.8 per rush last season.

i'd venture to say the ratbirds had a better oline than the bills. lewis just doesn't run with much authority anymore.

CantStop85
03-08-2007, 07:07 PM
If McGahee can stay healthy, he will add a new dimension to the ravens' running-game.

Certainly a huge upgrade over Jamal Lewis.

lilyoder6
03-08-2007, 07:54 PM
willis will be a huge upgrade to there off.. i just don't see how the ravens traded 3 draft picks for him.. i think thats a lil bit too much for him.. but he is a good player... fun to watch him play twice a yr.

GBMelBlount
03-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Damn it, I should have known that. See, that's why we need more threads pertaining to Ben and Switzerland. And pictures of cheese. Big, huge, gigantic chunks of cheese.

Holy crap, this is funny! Good job 83steelers43!:cheers:

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

GBMelBlount
03-08-2007, 11:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

Tony, You are making me cry I am laughing so hard!:cheers:

tony hipchest
03-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Tony, You are making me cry I am laughing so hard!:cheers:lol :cool:

consider that your "welcome to the board" then. :cheers:

ChronoCross
03-09-2007, 01:14 AM
http://www.worth1000.com/entries/240500/240641nsVR_w.jpg

Elvis
03-09-2007, 06:20 AM
Well looks like the steelers lost out on the punter Andy Lee from SF. they matched the offer. Not really a big loss here seeing as there are a couple very promising punters that can be had in about the same round.

Willis Mcgahee got traded to the ravens. two thirds and a 7th i believe ... one third this year and one next. Not really sure what to think about this, jamal lewis ... willis mcgahee. I would rather see Jamal Lewis twice a year than I would mcgahee but I'm not really enamored by either runner. Surely not worried about the self proclaimed "best running back in the NFL" by any means vs. our run D. Looking at his stats he's beat up on some pretty pathetic defenses over the past few years ... most of his 100 + yard games coming against NYJ. joke. then again i could make the same arguement for willie parker.

Willis will probably get injured anyways.

Dear santa,

... lance brigss.

The end.
Good post..
McGahee is gonna put the Ravens over the top and the Steelers are oing nothing to prevent it!!!

83-Steelers-43
03-09-2007, 06:58 AM

OH..................MY...................GOD!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I've never seen anything like it. It's.......it's.......it's........so big, enormous, gigantic, voluminous, colossal, immense, mammoth, massive, whopping, astronomic, gargantuan, monstrous.

Stuart Mackenzie: Look at the size of that boy's heed.

Tony Giardino: Shhh!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, it's like an orange on a toothpick.

Tony Giardino: Shhh, you're going to give the boy a complex.

Stuart Mackenzie: Well, that's a huge noggin. That's a virtual planetoid.

Tony Giardino: Shh!

Stuart Mackenzie: Has it's own weather system.

Tony Giardino: Sh, sh, shh.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEAD! MOVE!

Stuart Mackenzie: I'm not kidding, that boy's head is like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy at parts! Now that was offsides, wasn't it? He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

Stuart Mackenzie: HEED! PANTS! NOW!

Big D
03-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Good post..
McGahee is gonna put the Ravens over the top and the Steelers are oing nothing to prevent it!!!

first of all what can the steelers do to prevent the ravens of making a trade like this. I would rather have willie parker and that's not homerism talking either. Mcgahee is overrated. This trade isn't going to put the ravens over the top

Big D
03-09-2007, 07:20 AM

Ben should have been a packer...

stlrtruck
03-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I believer that McGahee will be an huge upgrade for the ratbirds running game. As previously stated, the OL is better than the bills and a change of venue could be just what McGahee needed.

drew102e
03-09-2007, 10:15 AM
first of all what can the steelers do to prevent the ravens of making a trade like this. I would rather have willie parker and that's not homerism talking either. Mcgahee is overrated. This trade isn't going to put the ravens over the top

heres what we can do, we can bring in whoever the osu buckeye was who snapped his knee like a twig in the Nat. champ game and just have him stare at him...he'd be too scared to run the ball against us

Hines0wnz
03-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Less dink n dunk for McNair this season. Crap! :dang:

HometownGal
03-09-2007, 03:38 PM

What a cheezy pic there Tony. :toofunny: :toofunny: You're a trip without the acid. :sofunny:

I merged the threads together - sorry I didn't see the second thread pop up.

Bedo1234
03-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I hate the Ravens, this move makes me cringe. AFC North will be the best in the league again.

ChronoCross
03-09-2007, 07:49 PM
I believer that McGahee will be an huge upgrade for the ratbirds running game. As previously stated, the OL is better than the bills and a change of venue could be just what McGahee needed.

I doubt it is much of a upgrade when they have lost a few linemen and ogden most likely will retire. And by standards its only a .2 of a yard upgrade per yard.

Haiku_Dirtt
03-10-2007, 03:40 AM
I may be in the minority but this is an excellent addition to the Ravens. He's a nifty runner.