PDA

View Full Version : Dukes loses again.

Jeremy
03-09-2007, 08:45 AM
This year's Duke team has to be the single most overrated team in the history of college basketball. These clowns can't win a big game to save their lives. I don't think Duke should even be in the NCAA tournament.

SteelCityMan786
03-09-2007, 10:11 AM
They'll be in the NCAA Tournament. Don't worry. Unless the selection committee goes bonkers.

fansince'76
03-09-2007, 11:37 AM
That's the beauty of NCAA basketball - in the end, the sportswriters' rankings don't mean jack. I'm looking forward to the tourney.

Jeremy
03-09-2007, 11:39 AM
It's so hard for me to take the NCAA tournament seriously when the bracket is based on a lot of reputation and myth. I was watching ESPN last weekend during the halftime of one of the games. I saw one of their talking heads say that there was a team (I forget who it was) that was in because of who they are. Let's be real for a second, there is no team in America right now that's earned a free pass into the tournament. Even mighty Duke has been a shadow of it's previous self for going on a decade now.

fansince'76
03-09-2007, 11:44 AM
It's so hard for me to take the NCAA tournament seriously when the bracket is based on a lot of reputation and myth.

Well, no system is perfect - I have a hard time taking NCAA football seriously for the same reason. And don't even get me started on the occasional season when "co-champions" are named.

Jeremy
03-09-2007, 12:11 PM
The NCAA could correct both systems right now by making two changes.

1. Football playoff. 16 teams and no excuses from the Boise State Broncos of this world about how college football is so unfair.

2. Increase the size of the NCAA tournament to 96 teams. That's an additional 32 teams and should eliminate the bubble teams. The NIT is a joke anyway, so nobody is going to shed any tears for them.