PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else follow college baseball?

Jeremy
03-11-2007, 10:28 AM
If so, who's your team? I'm a big Florida State fan. No real reason for it, just a team I started watching when I was a kid.

polamalufan43
03-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Hmm... well, I've just been getting into that recently, so Im learning alot about that now.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Jeremy
03-11-2007, 12:21 PM
That's cool. I really enjoy the college game. A little more offense and a faster pace than MLB. The thing that's bad about it is that we don't have much quality college baseball locally. Slippery Rock is a pretty good Division II school. Frostburg State down in Maryland is a pretty solid Division III school. And now the powers that be at ESPN have decided that college lacrosse is a better choice for Saturday afternoons on tv than college baseball.

polamalufan43
03-11-2007, 12:24 PM
That's cool. I really enjoy the college game. A little more offense and a faster pace than MLB. The thing that's bad about it is that we don't have much quality college baseball locally. Slippery Rock is a pretty good Division II school. Frostburg State down in Maryland is a pretty solid Division III school. And now the powers that be at ESPN have decided that college lacrosse is a better choice for Saturday afternoons on tv than college baseball.

That's very interesting, thanks for the info!

Jeremy
03-11-2007, 12:25 PM
No problem. If you get CSTV on your cable system, you should be able to pick up some games. If you want to see a game in person, I'd recommend SRU. If you want to drive, you can go and see Penn State's brand new stadium. The team is bad, but the ballpark is supposed to be really swanky.

polamalufan43
03-11-2007, 12:28 PM
No problem. If you get CSTV on your cable system, you should be able to pick up some games. If you want to see a game in person, I'd recommend SRU. If you want to drive, you can go and see Penn State's brand new stadium. The team is bad, but the ballpark is supposed to be really swanky.

Now I heard about the new stadium, I can't wait to go there and see how it is. As for the team, I heard also that they were having rough times, but I think they will get better.

Jeremy
03-11-2007, 12:32 PM
They beat North Carolina last weekend in one game, but lost the series 2-1. They've dropped a pair of games this weekend to Wichita State. I normally don't follow anything out there that closely unless it's football. Their current head coach was a top assistant at Oklahoma State, which is a big baseball powerhouse. So there are some fans who think they're bound to get better. The stadium also hosts the Pirate's low A team, the State College Spikes. The Spikes are owned by the same people who own the Pirates AA team, the Altoona Curve, so you know the facility is first class.