PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Sign Kelley Washington

Livinginthe past
03-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Looks like Troy Brown is going to retire before the start of the year then.

Early details have this down as a simlar value deal to the Stallworth contract - it could possibly be worth $22million/5 years but there is a decision to be made at the end of the 1st year.

The New England Patriots have signed another free-agent wide receiver, this time former Cincinnati Bengal Kelley Washington. The Patriots gave Washington a five-year deal worth up to $22 million, including a $300,000 signing bonus. The deal is similar in structure to the one that Donte' Stallworth signed with the Patriots. It contains a $4 million roster bonus payment that the Patriots will have to decide whether they want to pay a year from now. Washington turned down the chance to play in Miami, opting instead for New England.

NM

polamalufan43
03-12-2007, 02:40 PM
Hmmm, I wonder why he turned down Miami...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Hmmm, I wonder why he turned down Miami...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:probably cause miami sucks.

well, if c. wilson is cut, atleast he knows hes got a sure spot in new england.

polamalufan43
03-12-2007, 02:53 PM
probably cause miami sucks.

well, if c. wilson is cut, atleast he knows hes got a sure spot in new england.

Well, I dont know about that, but it's a good possibilty.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Well, I dont know about that, but it's a good possibilty.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:im pretty sure miami sucks.

it seems the pats now have 5 #3 wr's and a #2 at wr. its extremely odd they would show such a lack of faith so soon in their 2nd round pick from last year. he must have a horrible attitude and work ethic, or his injury is much more severe than anyone outside the pats locker room knows.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Chad Jackson has torn his ACL - there is a large question mark about whether he will be on PUP for the first part of the season.

Thats the extent of the injury as far as anyone outside the Patriots organisation knows.

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Chad Jackson has torn his ACL - there is a large question mark about whether he will be on PUP for the first part of the season.

Thats the extent of the injury as far as anyone outside the Patriots organisation knows.the pats will probably err on the side of caution and take the appraoch that its a culpepper type of injury as opposed to a palmer knee tear.

im sure jackson can come back but for a wr, even losing a fraction of a second can mean the difference of a starting job and potentially millions and a long career.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2007, 03:36 PM
the pats will probably err on the side of caution and take the appraoch that its a culpepper type of injury as opposed to a palmer knee tear.

im sure jackson can come back but for a wr, even losing a fraction of a second can mean the difference of a starting job and potentially millions and a long career.

I think you are exactly right - its not as if we have gameplanned alot of yardage from him anyway after last years injury troubled effort.

They'll be very cautious and not rush him back - its frustrating though.

NM

Jeremy
03-12-2007, 03:55 PM
The Patriots are doing what they are good at, adding a lot of nice additional pieces. I'm kind of surpised they haven't tried to add some depth at running back but they could be looking at that in the draft as well.

CantStop85
03-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Good luck to Kelley...he's a pretty good receiver who never got the chance to shine in Cincinnati, stuck behind Chad, TJ, and Henry.

He's in much the same mold as TJ, a big possession receiver. If nothing else, he can do the squirrel dance.

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 05:22 PM
If nothing else, he can do the squirrel dance.does that have anything to do with how many nuts he can stuff into his cheeks? :jerkit: :monkey:

:chuckle:

Livinginthe past
03-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Good luck to Kelley...he's a pretty good receiver who never got the chance to shine in Cincinnati, stuck behind Chad, TJ, and Henry.

He's in much the same mold as TJ, a big possession receiver. If nothing else, he can do the squirrel dance.

He's a nice option and some competition for TC - as you say he's been stuck behind some excellent receivers in Cincy.

Mind you...now he's stuck behind Gaffney, Caldwell....... :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Ok so maybe thats not quite the same thing. :wink02:

NM