PDA

View Full Version : Drew Rosenhaus cashin in- wanna be an agent?

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 07:21 PM
in the past 10 days he has done $255,000,000 worth of deals. (i think nfl network said 64 mil guaranteed.) i forget what minimum agent pay is exactly, but im pretty sure its 3-5%.

verks36
03-12-2007, 07:26 PM
but he is a huge jackass. All he does is ruin franchises buy making them over pay there players

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
but he is a huge jackass. All he does is ruin franchises buy making them over pay there playershe never held a gun to the owners heads. notice how the rooneys dont deal with many of his clients?

actually i wonder how many steelers he represents. i know its not many (probably 0). i cant think of 1. it seems he is disliked by many but hes got a killer job, is shrewd, and does quite well at his profession. no one ever said the business side of the nfl is gumballs and ice cream

MACH1
03-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Cant say he's not out there trying to earn his keep.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2007, 09:03 PM
Drew is excellent at what he does - he drives a hard bargain and I think he does well by his players.

When you compare the way he goes about business to the Poston Bros.....well...there is no comparison.

As Tony says, no-one forces franchises to deal with the players he represents(unless its someone on the current roster).

Its a business - teams are mostly trying to pay the player the least possible for his services and Rosenhaus (and his ilk) is pulling the opposite way.

Thats how deals are made.

PisnNapalm
03-12-2007, 10:10 PM
I found this on Wikipedia.

Some of Rosenhaus' NFL clients include:

* Anquan Boldin, wide receiver, Arizona Cardinals.
* Lance Briggs, outside linebacker, Chicago Bears.
* Plaxico Burress, wide receiver, New York Giants.
* Najeh Davenport, running back, Pittsburgh Steelers.
* Darnell Dockett, defensive lineman, Arizona Cardinals.
* Reuben Droughns, running back, Cleveland Browns.
* London Fletcher, inside linebacker, Washington Redskins.
* Frank Gore, running back, San Francisco 49ers.
* Tommie Harris, defensive tackle, Chicago Bears.
* Edgerrin James, running back, Arizona Cardinals.
* Grady Jackson, defensive lineman, Atlanta Falcons.
* Chad Johnson, wide receiver Cincinnati Bengals.
* Thomas Jones, running back New York Jets.
* Jevon Kearse, defensive end, Philadelphia Eagles.
* Sam Madison, cornerback, New York Giants.
* Jerome McDougle, defensive end, Philadelphia Eagles.
* Willis McGahee, running back Baltimore Ravens.
* Dan Morgan, middle linebacker, Carolina Panthers.
* Santana Moss, wide receiver, Washington Redskins.
* Sinorice Moss, wide receiver, New York Giants.
* Adewale Ogunleye, defensive end, Chicago Bears.
* Greg Olsen, tight end, University of Miami, and 2007 NFL Draft prospect.
* Terrell Owens, wide receiver, Dallas Cowboys.
* Antonio Pierce, linebacker, New York Giants.
* Clinton Portis, running back, Washington Redskins.
* Warren Sapp, defensive lineman, Oakland Raiders.
* Jeremy Shockey, tight end, New York Giants.
* Dwight Smith, safety, Minnesota Vikings.
* Donte' Stallworth, wide receiver, New England Patriots.
* Duane Starks, cornerback, Oakland Raiders.
* Marcus Stroud, defensive lineman, Jacksonville Jaguars.
* Fred A. Taylor, running back, Jacksonville Jaguars.
* Sean Taylor, safety, Washington Redskins.
* Zach Thomas, linebacker, Miami Dolphins.
* Billy Volek, quarterback, San Diego Chargers.
* Javon Walker, wide receiver, Denver Broncos.

Livinginthe past
03-12-2007, 10:23 PM
I think his next big deal is going to be with Frank Gore - apparently the 49ers want to get him re-signed before his rookie deal finishes.

He is an awesome back.

NM

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 10:32 PM
I found this on Wikipedia.holy shit. nice (and informative) find. i knew he had alot of clients but most of those are high profile players. without doing all the research and math myself, im gonna say drew has negotiated about
$2,000,000,000 (yes, thats BILLION) worth of deals.

so his gross earnings are probably between 60-100 mil. not too shabby for crunching numbers and brokering deals. and just think, he can keep doing this for the next 20-30 years if he wants.

MACH1
03-13-2007, 12:45 AM
WOW

Now I know what I want to be when I grow up. :jawdrop:

jjpro11
03-13-2007, 01:04 AM
hes freakishly rich.. espn did a bit on him a year or two ago and he lives like a king.. hes not married and doesnt have a gf, just business... although im sure he gets plenty with his fortune.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
The only reason we really know who he is,is because of the Terell Owens saga in Philly.

Drew didn't broker TO's original deal in the City of Brotherly Hate,so he got exactly nothing from that contract.

Also,Drew rarley represents someone who isn't (a) a first or second round selection,or (b) already a star.Anyone projected after round two isn't gonna get him the monet he desires.

Suitanim
03-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Agents are capped at 3-4%, but they get up to 15% of endorsements, and THAT's where the real money is. Endorsements are what kept Michael Jordan in Chicago, and are what will probably get LeBron to billionaire status.

Unfortunately, agents and powerful players unions have combined forces to create a multi-headed Hydra of greed. Take A-Rod. He makes $44,000 every time he steps into the batters box. I'm sorry, but there is no human worth that kind of money to play a game. We keep hearing about how there HAS to be a market adjustment, but it hasn't happened in any sport other than maybe hockey.