PDA

View Full Version : EMMITT TO ESPN

ChronoCross
03-12-2007, 07:27 PM
EMMITT TO ESPN
As it turns out, the replacement for Michael Irvin on ESPN's pro football studio show apparently will be his former Dallas Cowboys teammate, Emmitt Smith.
Smith has been angling to get into the television business for the past couple of years. His victory in ABC's Dancing with the Stars arguably gave him some additional overall appeal, making it easier to justify giving him a seat at the grown-ups' table.
For now, the official word from ESPN's public relations department is that Smith will join "ESPN's NFL Studio Team." Whether this means that he's taking the Sunday seat previously occupied by Irvin or the periodic seat occupied by Sean Salisbury (a guy can dream, can't he?) remains to be seen.
ESPN will be conducting a media conference call at 2:00 p.m. EDT to formally announce the decision.
Former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells recently joined ESPN, primarily as a component of the Monday night coverage.

Ward 86
03-12-2007, 10:27 PM
where do you think irvin will end up next year if anywhere at all?

I personaly didnt mind him at all

GBMelBlount
03-12-2007, 10:36 PM
EMMITT TO ESPN
As it turns out, the replacement for Michael Irvin on ESPN's pro football studio show apparently will be his former Dallas Cowboys teammate, Emmitt Smith.
Smith has been angling to get into the television business for the past couple of years. His victory in ABC's Dancing with the Stars arguably gave him some additional overall appeal, making it easier to justify giving him a seat at the grown-ups' table.
For now, the official word from ESPN's public relations department is that Smith will join "ESPN's NFL Studio Team." Whether this means that he's taking the Sunday seat previously occupied by Irvin or the periodic seat occupied by Sean Salisbury (a guy can dream, can't he?) remains to be seen.
ESPN will be conducting a media conference call at 2:00 p.m. EDT to formally announce the decision.
Former Cowboys coach Bill Parcells recently joined ESPN, primarily as a component of the Monday night coverage.

As a reformed Cowboy fan, I can say that I never was a big Michael Irvin fan believe it or not. However, I wish him the best

tony hipchest
03-12-2007, 10:37 PM
smith could not be reached for comment but im sure he would say "it was a blessing in da sky"

ESPN hires Emmitt Smith as analyst

NFL.com wire reports

BRISTOL, Conn. (March 12, 2007) -- Former Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith has been hired by ESPN as a studio analyst for its NFL pregame coverage.

Smith, the National Football League's all-time leading rusher, will appear on the network's NFL Countdown and Monday Night Countdown shows. He will also appear as an analyst on ESPN Radio and ESPN.com, the network announced.

"I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and insight of football with the fans of the NFL," Smith said in a statement released by the network. "I am excited to be joining the ESPN family, particularly the highly respected Countdown crews."

Smith will join Chris Berman, analysts Mike Ditka, Tom Jackson and Ron Jaworski, and reporter Chris Mortensen on NFL Countdown. He, Berman, Jackson, Mortensen and analysts Bill Parcells and Steve Young will do the Monday Night Countdown show each week.

m. irvin was on "best damn sports show period" tonight and im sure he would be welcomed back with open arms. he was a natural fit for that show, where his style was much more appreciated and less scrutinized.

Stillers#1
03-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Man....and just when I thought I was going to watch Countdown again......

lilyoder6
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
i hate emmitt smith.. i would of seen irvin there instead of him. i'm suprised that tiki didn't interview for the job

fansince'76
03-13-2007, 06:56 PM
i hate emmitt smith..

I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate him - I do however think he's the most overrated RB in NFL history.

steelerbackr4life
03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
if his hosting skills arent up to par he could always resort to his dancing skills

lilyoder6
03-13-2007, 07:05 PM
yea i know hate is a strong word.. i do agree he is the most overrated Rb in the nfl...

ChronoCross
03-13-2007, 09:06 PM
well I would rather see the geico lizard there then irvin. So I am happy he is gone.

SteelerFan091472
03-14-2007, 07:26 PM
i hate emmitt smith.. i would of seen irvin there instead of him. i'm suprised that tiki didn't interview for the job

I thought NBC hired Tiki Barber already.

MACH1
03-14-2007, 07:50 PM
From one mush mouth to another. And yes smith is overrated