PDA

View Full Version : Ben Grubbs

miked626
03-13-2007, 09:18 AM
do you guys think we have any shot of drafting him or well he already be gone.... if we cut chucky we save 2 mil and have simmons or phillips back up mahan and have grubbs play gaurd now think of that line.. what do you guys think...

03-13-2007, 09:24 AM
I like Grubbs. May be the best G in the draft. I do not see the Steelers drafting him at 15, and I doubt he falls to Pittsburgh in the second. Only way I see Steelers drafting him is if he somehow falls to us in the second, or the Steelers make some sort of trade to either move down in the first, or up in the second to draft him.

coachspeak33
03-13-2007, 09:47 AM
We dont to use a day 1 pick on an O-lineman....

Starters as of 3/13- Smith, Faneca, Okobi, Simmons, Starks
Also- just signed Mahan to starter money....he can play RG or C

Backups- Colon (G/T), Essex (T), Kemo (G), Phillip (C)

The signing of Mahan leads me to believe:

A- Faneca may not be resigned after 07
B- Okobi's ability to be an effective starter is in question by the FO
C- Simmons days could be numbered
D- Colon's future is more than likely at T....before this offseason I would have guessed his future would be at G

coachspeak33
03-13-2007, 09:48 AM
we dont need to use a day 1 pick on an O lineman ..... sorry .... typo

paw-n-maul-u
03-13-2007, 12:31 PM
we dont need to use a day 1 pick on an O lineman ..... sorry .... typo

are you serious? what black and gold team were you watching last year? simmons struggled very badly, as did starks and hartings. the line got completely abused vs. the better defenses in the league. see san diego, b-more, and jville games just to start.

Faneca is still solid and one of the best at his position, coupled with the fact that hes going to be playing for his last big payday, i expect a big year outta him.

Smith- before last year I would have easily rated him as a top ten LT. After last year, who knows.

CENTER- well hartings is gone and we have three different guys who could possibly be the starter next year. Chucky, Mahan, and Simmons are all getting paid starter money. three people for two spots. and seeing as mahan and simmons are versatile enough to play guard and center, I think Chucky needs to go.

Simmons- He got abused last year. absolutely abused.

Starks- not a fan, although it was only his second full year starting.

all of our backups have shown some potential but I'd like to see ATLEAST one day 1 pick spent on an OL-men. let it be known to simmons that the steelers arent messing around.

GBMelBlount
03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
are you serious? what black and gold team were you watching last year? simmons struggled very badly, as did starks and hartings. the line got completely abused vs. the better defenses in the league. see san diego, b-more, and jville games just to start.

Faneca is still solid and one of the best at his position, coupled with the fact that hes going to be playing for his last big payday, i expect a big year outta him.

Smith- before last year I would have easily rated him as a top ten LT. After last year, who knows.

CENTER- well hartings is gone and we have three different guys who could possibly be the starter next year. Chucky, Mahan, and Simmons are all getting paid starter money. three people for two spots. and seeing as mahan and simmons are versatile enough to play guard and center, I think Chucky needs to go.

Simmons- He got abused last year. absolutely abused.

Starks- not a fan, although it was only his second full year starting.

all of our backups have shown some potential but I'd like to see ATLEAST one day 1 pick spent on an OL-men. let it be known to simmons that the steelers arent messing around.

I'd like to see DE/LB addressed first and then I think your right, we have to draft at least one maybe 2 SOLID guys on O-line. When our O-line sucks, we suck.

Elvis
03-16-2007, 07:37 PM
I agree with pretty much everyone on this so far. But I dont realy think that we will draft an OL in the first round, I think that our number 1 pick should be DE Adam Carriker from Nebraska myself.. he is my odds on favorite and then the LB from Florida could also be that pick as well..
Jesus Loves You
Elvis