PDA

View Full Version : Patriots vs. Green Bay

hardwork
08-26-2005, 11:33 PM
The Patriots looked good tonight. Of course the Packers don't have a defense, so I can't jump up and down over it. I can jump up and down over our defensive line though. They are young, and very good. If they can stay healthy, in a year or two they will be the best defensive line in football without question.

On another note. It looks like it's begining to pay off having drafted all those tight ends over the last few years. We got a stable of 'em. And they're all good.

I should add that the defensive backs played a great game tonight. They're going to have trouble cutting back there. Lots of talent.

Livinginthe past
08-27-2005, 02:01 AM
Quite agree Mr. Work.

Dillon looked powerful on his carries, Brady looked focussed on the job in hand - I can feel a steady momentum building towards the week1 match up.

I noted Watson hooking up for some impressive numbers 6 catches for 49 yards - which hopefully is a sign to come - for the first time I can remember Brady is embarrassed by offensive riches.

Hopefully we can scheme ways to limit the damage put on our run D during the season - one option would be to jump out to early leads.

I also noted with some humour that the Raiders got beat by the mighty Cards - they put up a rack of yardage but gave away the ball too often.....a peek of the future for Raider fans I feel.

Cheers

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
08-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Noticed you guys picked up Andre Davis from the clowns too. How's he working out for ya. ?

Livinginthe past
08-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Noticed you guys picked up Andre Davis from the clowns too. How's he working out for ya. ?

Hard to say so far Blitz.

Didn't see too much action against Green Bay, probably due to a lack of match practice.

Over in Patriotville we are trying to work out who is for the chop after this signing, we think Davis is all but guaranteed a place because we spent a 5th on acquiring him.

We will have a tightend (Jed Weaver/ Fauria) and a couple of receivers due to be cut - maybe the Steelers will be having a look to help your depth in these areas....maybe you want to trade us an ILB??

NM