PDA

View Full Version : STEVENS CATCHES CHARGES

ChronoCross
03-13-2007, 03:57 PM
STEVENS CATCHES CHARGES
Free-agent tight end Jerramy Stevens has been charged (http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0313sr-stevens13-ON.html) with driving under the influence and possession of marijuana, according to the Arizona Republic. (Thanks to our pal Gregg Rosenthal at Rotoworld.com for pointing this one out to us.)
Stevens was arrested early Tuesday morning after he was pulled over and admitted to drinking "four or five margaritas." He was busted for possession of marijuana after an officer found some of it in his back pocket.
Per the arrest report, "As [Stevens] exited the truck he dropped his cell phone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped as he started to walk in my direction."
For an ordinary person, dropping a cell phone and/or a wallet could be evidence of impairment. In the case of Stevens, who has proven time and again that he has the hand-eye coordination of a guy with no hands and no eyes, the fact that he was (allegedly) drunk might have simply been a coincidence.
It is Stevens' fifth brush with the law since 1998. His record includes: (1) allegedly breaking a man's jaw with a baseball bat; (2) allegedly drugging and rapping a 19-year-old girl while in college; (3) allegedly driving his car into a retirement home and then fleeing the scene; (4) allegedly driving drunk in 2003 when police found two empty champagne bottles in his vehicle during a traffic stop.

polamalufan43
03-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Porter's doing the boot in Miami right now.
As for me, this suprises me a little. No matter how much Stevens was a piss off before, I still wouldn't think he would get himself in trouble.
~Polamalufan43:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Haha what a lil pissant!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-13-2007, 06:47 PM
he can't hold a football but has a good handle on that do-bee.

The Duke
03-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Lol dropped his cellhpone and wallet

fansince'76
03-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Per the arrest report, "As [Stevens] exited the truck he dropped his cell phone and wallet on the ground, bent down to pick them up, then stutter-stepped as he started to walk in my direction."

Same old butterfingers....

lilyoder6
03-13-2007, 07:10 PM
i liked how he aswered that he had 4-6 magaritas... that doesn't help his problem of getting signed

Hawk Believer
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Should be interesting to see who picks him up now and for how much. All the other good TEs are off the market.

steelerbackr4life
03-13-2007, 07:18 PM
I believe it has been said before but that guy is soft

lilyoder6
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
seattle sign marcus pollard for 1 yr

SteelShooter
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Someone will sign him, they always do find a desperate team somewhere.

And he will probably get two days in a county jail, NOT to interfere with football, of course.

Once again, Celebs get away with, not even a slap on the wrist, but just a "Stern Glare."

Hawk Believer
03-14-2007, 12:10 AM
The thing about Stevens is that he is physically an incredible player. Consistancy is obviously an issue with him as well as the off field stuff. We'd kinda hoped the off field stuff had passed but this is his last strike for sure with the Seahawks.

The Seahawks are in a bad spot at TE. We may have considered re-signing him just because he is the best guy out there now that Graham and another guy whose name I can't remember have been signed. We just lost our backup TE Mili to retirement and our third TE hasn't shown that he is a starting caliber guy. We just signed Pollard today. I don;t know much about him. Hopefully he is a good blocker because he only had 100 yards recieving last year. Our offense really opens up with a good recieving TE. Maybe Pollard didn't put up big numbers because of the Lion's style of offense (or lack thereof).

So anyway, the Seahawks probably need to draft a TE. There are supposedly 3 good ones in the draft. We traded our 1st round pick for Deion Branch. Maybe one of them will still be around for the 2nd round. Or we could trade up. We are pretty deep at WR. But I am really concerned about how our offense will work without the threat of a good offensive TE. Stevens was a lot better than the Super Bowl suggested, especially the last couple years. Teams had to game plan for him because he created big matchup problems for LBs in the middle. Its just that nobody knew which Stevens was going to show up at the game.

klick81
03-14-2007, 12:23 AM
What a loser. These guys just can't appreciate what they have in life.

stlrtruck
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Should be interesting to see who picks him up now and for how much. All the other good TEs are off the market.

Off to Cinci with you Mr. Stevens! Enjoy your time in jail (would that actually be in a cell or on the field - I'm not sure)!

ChronoCross
03-17-2007, 07:34 PM
JERRAMY TO GET BOOTED FROM DEL BOCA VISTA?

Former Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens already was having a bad month. He hit the free-agent market, but has generated less interest than a mattress stuffed with cash. And we was arrested four days ago (we know this because of our "days without an arrest" meter) on charges of DUI and marijuana possession.

He's also facing a potential legal action aimed at getting him bumped from his $500,000 Seattle condo.

Per the Seattle Times, residents allegedly have found vomit on their decks and used condoms. Stevens allegedly has fired illegal fireworks from his fifth-floor digs, showering debris on the decks of those beneath him.

And he allegedly has given the building's security code to his friends, who come and go at all hours of the day and night.

Said condo president Jay Kasin: "[Stevens] just seems to ignore authority. I'm not bothered by him, but I do know a number of residents are afraid."

"It's not because he's black," said a resident who asked the Times not to be named. "It's because he's a big guy and he has a terrible history and everybody knows it."

He has been fined several times by the condo board for rules violations, but the problems allegedly continue.

The problem, however, is that Stevens owns the place. "We are officially trying to file a complaint," Kasin said. "But I'm pretty sure it's hard to kick someone out of a place that they own."

A meeting has been scheduled for this week, during which resident will confront Stevens with their complaints. Whether he shows or not remains to be seen; he's been out of town for a while.

"He's been gone for a month now," one resident told the Times. "And it has been like a vacation for us."

With the Seahawks now unlikely to re-sign Stevens, the vacation could be permanent.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-17-2007, 07:50 PM
This guy is a complete jagoff.

He's a soft-ass punk...and he is no longer a first-round bust like Peezy said...he IS a first round bust!