PDA

View Full Version : 72-39-1

Edman
03-15-2007, 01:55 PM
That's the record for the Steelers in this entire decade so far. 3 AFC Title Game appearances, a Super Bowl Championship, and only ONE losing season, but...

http://mboard.steelers.com/fanzone/mboard/news/67612

The Steelers FO must be doing something wrong according to this guy. Why oh why can't we compete? Woe is us.

ChronoCross
03-15-2007, 02:44 PM
So why post something from another forum that is a total garbage forum. That forum has 50 threads of the same subject at any given time taken up the entire front page. There mods do not combine post worth a crap our even take care of that forum well at that matter. There forum is junk and badly coded, post a reply are thread and sometimes takes 15 mins just to see it pop up. Start your own thread about the subject and not some other thread maker from another forum. And you have tools on that board who are not real Steeler fans and start arguments acting like one. At least around here if there not a Steeler fan they act like a Fan of the team they follow. I have seen some of there kind come here and try to start multiple threads of the same subject to clutter the board but we have good mods here. Bring something legit next time not some garbage from a worthless forum over there.

fansince'76
03-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Just another whiner complaining how the "Rooneys are too cheap" to play in FA. If he wants a big FA spender, he needs to start rooting for the Skins. Moving along now....

83-Steelers-43
03-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Every year around this time some "fans" of this team do the exact same thing. They moan about how we don't go out and start spending big money on FA's.

For some reason they have problems grasping the fact that the Rooney's are not big FA spenders. Do they think the Rooney's are going to turn around and take the Dan Snyder approach? Give it a rest and let them do what they have been doing for decades.

19ward86
03-15-2007, 04:49 PM
hes singin the same old tune to everyone else who thinks the FA is the way to build a team. i just dont get why these guys dont leave it alone since its worked for this organization for the last 74 years.

klick81
03-15-2007, 06:13 PM
That's a damned nice stat!

Suitanim
03-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Just posted this elsewhere, but seems apropos: The Steelers won Super Bowl 40 with 19 of 22 starters either drafted or signed as undrafted FA's.

Free Agency is VASTLY overrated, and ridiculously expensive...

PalmerSteel
03-15-2007, 10:09 PM
if you whine about the steelers and the way they do business in the free agency period, why would you even be a fan for this team? thats the way they have always done it, do it that way now, and always will. thats a big part of who we are! let them other suckers overpay free agents.

paw-n-maul-u
03-16-2007, 01:37 AM
So why post something from another forum that is a total garbage forum. That forum has 50 threads of the same subject at any given time taken up the entire front page. There mods do not combine post worth a crap our even take care of that forum well at that matter. There forum is junk and badly coded, post a reply are thread and sometimes takes 15 mins just to see it pop up. Start your own thread about the subject and not some other thread maker from another forum. And you have tools on that board who are not real Steeler fans and start arguments acting like one. At least around here if there not a Steeler fan they act like a Fan of the team they follow. I have seen some of there kind come here and try to start multiple threads of the same subject to clutter the board but we have good mods here. Bring something legit next time not some garbage from a worthless forum over there.

haha what a joke. knock on another steeler forum??? maybe if he had brought some garbage from a bengals or browns forum i would laugh a little bit. but it seems like a legit concern to be worried when one of the best teams in the league just got A LOT better ... and i mean a lot. If i had to guess right now ... being a realist ofcourse (something that may seem way out of line for a steeler fan of YOUR calibur) ... the patsies would give us a nice little butt kicking ... brady would eat our secondary alive. we wouldnt be able to get a consistent rush on him, and our offensive line would looked like a special olympics circus trying to figure out where the hell adalius thomas is at (a little exagerating on everything but might not be far from the truth). ... oh and they have two first round draft picks.

touche my fellow steeler fan.

This is the year that ben has gotta come out and be an elite QB. Has to. I think the steelers are banking on a lot of player development (like we most always do.) esp. from the 2nd/3rd/fourth year players ... mcfadden ike, a. smith holmes. ... but mostly big ben. If he doesn't seperate himself from the boys this year then i don't know if our defense will be good enough to carry the team like it has as of late.

paw-n-maul-u
03-16-2007, 01:45 AM
and on top of that ... I think next year we will be absolutely loaded in cap room. so a move on getting someone like lance briggs (a la the patriots getting adalius thomas for THEIR 3-4 scheme), could be the best move all FA if it happens to be the year we have more of a 4-3 look.

... ofcourse this is all just hypothetical but I think that some of the biggest FA moves the steelers have ever made have definitly been among some of the most successful.
Kevin Greene (no explanation needed)
James farrior (probowler with the steelers)
JEROME BETTIS (uhh ... hall of famer??)
Jeff hartings (probowl)
... now sure there are some moves/signings that have produced nothing more than a perrenial backup, but for the most part, the bigger signings that the steelers tend to make work out very well.

fansince'76
03-16-2007, 03:28 AM
haha what a joke. knock on another steeler forum??? maybe if he had brought some garbage from a bengals or browns forum i would laugh a little bit. but it seems like a legit concern to be worried when one of the best teams in the league just got A LOT better ... and i mean a lot. If i had to guess right now ... being a realist ofcourse (something that may seem way out of line for a steeler fan of YOUR calibur) ... the patsies would give us a nice little butt kicking ... brady would eat our secondary alive. we wouldnt be able to get a consistent rush on him, and our offensive line would looked like a special olympics circus trying to figure out where the hell adalius thomas is at (a little exagerating on everything but might not be far from the truth). ... oh and they have two first round draft picks.

You're right - we suck and should forfeit the season next year because we didn't land an overpriced FA. Woe is us. I don't think the signing of Adalius Thomas was a move of desperation to help shore up a D that got consistently gashed by LT in the divisional round and owned in the 2nd half of the AFCCG by Manning while allowing the largest comeback in AFCCG history, no, not at all....

abgroove
03-16-2007, 07:30 AM
Just posted this elsewhere, but seems apropos: The Steelers won Super Bowl 40 with 19 of 22 starters either drafted or signed as undrafted FA's.

Free Agency is VASTLY overrated, and ridiculously expensive...

Amen

dhosmer
03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
and on top of that ... I think next year we will be absolutely loaded in cap room. so a move on getting someone like lance briggs (a la the patriots getting adalius thomas for THEIR 3-4 scheme), could be the best move all FA if it happens to be the year we have more of a 4-3 look.

... ofcourse this is all just hypothetical but I think that some of the biggest FA moves the steelers have ever made have definitly been among some of the most successful.
Kevin Greene (no explanation needed)
James farrior (probowler with the steelers)
JEROME BETTIS (uhh ... hall of famer??)
Jeff hartings (probowl)
... now sure there are some moves/signings that have produced nothing more than a perrenial backup, but for the most part, the bigger signings that the steelers tend to make work out very well.

we got bettis through a trade

paw-n-maul-u
03-17-2007, 02:28 AM
You're right - we suck and should forfeit the season next year because we didn't land an overpriced FA. Woe is us. I don't think the signing of Adalius Thomas was a move of desperation to help shore up a D that got consistently gashed by LT in the divisional round and owned in the 2nd half of the AFCCG by Manning while allowing the largest comeback in AFCCG history, no, not at all....

Are you serious??? couldnt you think of something better than "some team getting gashed by LT" ... the MVP ... or "some secondary getting picked apart by manning". christ like those things dont ever happen. teams that shut down LT and Manning (oh only the two best players in the league at their position) are few and far between. But the patriots DID however use their available cap space to land a perfect fit and fill an enormous hole. I'm not saying anything about going out and wasting lots of money on ridiculously overhyped FA's, all i was trying to get across is that its not COMPLETELY out of line to have a concern about where we stand in the AFC when it seems a lot of our competition around us is getting better, while all the steelers have done is lose one of their most important defenders.

Jump on me all you want but i was merely defending the guy who posted this thread. not saying i have the same concerns (which i may or may not), but chronocross kinda went a little ridiculous with the whole "uhh worst forum ever tantrum" whatever...

as far as the bettis trade ... im pretty sure thats still considered FA pickup ... just like any other trade. regardless of when it took place.

paw-n-maul-u
03-17-2007, 02:33 AM
not to mention after all that LT gashing and manning picking apart, they were still just one dropped pass away from the SB, a pass that deon branch surely would have caught (or a receiver of equal or even better talent cough newly added dante stallworth cough)

fansince'76
03-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Are you serious??? couldnt you think of something better than "some team getting gashed by LT" ... the MVP ... or "some secondary getting picked apart by manning". christ like those things dont ever happen.

Sorry, both my points are valid - we held LT to 36 yards on 13 carries earlier in the season in the same building and we beat the Colts just a year ago - again, in the same building. Sorry if I'm not prepared to bow down to the Patriots' "overwhelming superiority." Chrono was right about the other forum as well - it DOES suck, which is why I post here now instead of there, and I was a regular there for several years.

tony hipchest
03-17-2007, 02:57 AM
lol. we may not even be able to keep polamalu and faneca next season, let alone be "loaded" in salary cap.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07005/751393-66.stm

with our current roster, our backs will be to the wall next year just like this year. we will have to cut about 5-7 of our stars just to find ourselves in the same cap situation the patriots were in this year.

for us to get to 28 mil under we have to cut hines, faneca, hampton, aaron smith, haggans, and farrior.

the only way for the steelers to be even remotely close to the same situation as the patriots are, is to trade ward and faneca, and no steelerfans want to do that.

fansince'76
03-17-2007, 03:04 AM
with our current roster, our backs will be to the wall next year just like this year. we will have to cut about 5-7 of our stars just to find ourselves in the same cap situation the patriots were in this year.

And yet we'll be hearing all over again ad nauseam about how "cheap" the Rooneys are.

fansince'76
03-17-2007, 03:11 AM
....all the steelers have done is lose one of their most important defenders.

Who would have held out and been a big distraction, probably for the entirety of training camp. It's no secret that Porter has been unhappy with his pay rate for at LEAST the last 2 years. Great way to break in a new HC.

tony hipchest
03-17-2007, 03:13 AM
And yet we'll be hearing all over again ad nauseam about how "cheap" the Rooneys are. see the link for the chart that shows the steelers have actually spent more money than the redskins recently:

I have often heard complaints about the Rooneys being cheap. They don?t sign free agents. They don?t use big signing bonuses. They don?t use all the salary cap rules to maximize the amount they can pay players. Well, I have to disagree, and a little research seems to say I am right.

First, total payroll is the actual amount the team spends in a given year ? not salary cap values. For example, in 2005 the Steelers signed Hines Ward to a $27.5 million contract, which included a $9 million signing bonus. This signing bonus was split - $5 million in 2005 and $4 million in 2006. For salary cap values, those signing bonuses were prorated over the length of the contract; however, for payroll it was not. Ward?s 2005 salary cap value was $2,168,960. In real money, Ward received a total of $5,668,960 - $5 million signing bonus, $665,000 base salary, and $3,960 workout bonus.

Most arguments I have heard use the Redskins as an example. The argument says the Redskins are able to sign free agents each year to large contracts. Therefore, I compared the Steelers total payroll to the Redskins total payroll.

(this says the steelers outspent dan snyder by 8 million between 2000-2005) :hunch:

http://www.steelersalarycap.com/articles/rooneysNOTcheap.htm

fansince'76
03-17-2007, 03:24 AM
not to mention after all that LT gashing and manning picking apart, they were still just one dropped pass away from the SB, a pass that deon branch surely would have caught (or a receiver of equal or even better talent cough newly added dante stallworth cough)

It wasn't me who told Schottenheimer to limit LT to 9 touches in the second half. Bad move by Marty - anyone else would have kept running LT at them until the Pats D stopped him, which they didn't that entire afternoon. And Deion Branch makes the catch that Caldwell dropped, and that occurred, why? Because Kraft was too "cheap" to pony up the money to keep Branch around, something Brady was VERY vocally pissed about, as I recall. Sucks for them that it cost them a trip to the SB. And compared to Kraft, the Rooneys are paupers. The fact remains that the Pats aren't nearly as strong on D as they were when they were winning 3 SBs in 4 years. Three years ago the Pats' D wouldn't have pissed away an 18-point lead. End of story.

ChronoCross
03-17-2007, 10:35 AM

Branch would not of made the catch for sure, he has dropped so many passes this year with seattle that he is on. And adding Stallworth who has hammy problems might only last a year with the patriots who might not play every game because of injury's, and might not be a improvement.

ChronoCross
03-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Are you serious??? couldnt you think of something better than "some team getting gashed by LT" ... the MVP ... or "some secondary getting picked apart by manning". christ like those things dont ever happen. teams that shut down LT and Manning (oh only the two best players in the league at their position) are few and far between. But the patriots DID however use their available cap space to land a perfect fit and fill an enormous hole. I'm not saying anything about going out and wasting lots of money on ridiculously overhyped FA's, all i was trying to get across is that its not COMPLETELY out of line to have a concern about where we stand in the AFC when it seems a lot of our competition around us is getting better, while all the steelers have done is lose one of their most important defenders.

Jump on me all you want but i was merely defending the guy who posted this thread. not saying i have the same concerns (which i may or may not), but chronocross kinda went a little ridiculous with the whole "uhh worst forum ever tantrum" whatever...

as far as the bettis trade ... im pretty sure thats still considered FA pickup ... just like any other trade. regardless of when it took place.

Loosing Porter was not a big deal as you and who ever are saying it is. We will have a monster in J. Harrison and who ever we pick up in the Draft. We have a team loaded with just as much talent as any other team in the NFL. So if you think the other teams are ahead of us then why not just go root for them.

The way it sounds to me, that you and others from the garbage forum are closet patriot fans.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-17-2007, 12:11 PM
We don't need to be big players in FA to have success,we draft our success.

James Harrison will surpass Porter's sack total in Miami and show a pick up from Porter's last two years in Pittsburgh,just watch.Not to mention we're gonna be drafting someone to play OLB who might be replacing Haggans who has gotten old and his production has dropped off.

Elvis
03-17-2007, 05:30 PM
:tt02: Super Bowl XL Champs:tt02:
:helmet: 6-2 In the Second Half Of '06:helmet:
I for one "am lookin' forward to '07 " and a rebound to the glory land...
Jesus Loves You..
Elvis

paw-n-maul-u
03-18-2007, 02:26 PM
man you guys can't read at all. did i ever say that losing porter was going to collapse our team and have us hanging out with the raiders and texans at the bottom of the AFC??? NO.I'd consider myself just as big a steeler fan as you. its always been about drafting. I don't think the rooneys are cheap at all, just smarter than everyone else.

HOWEVER, I am also a realist..

I don't think that an 8-8 team is just as good as a playoff team or superbowl winning for that matter.

I don't think that james harrison is some godsend that is going to REVAMP the steelers LBing core ... if hes soooooooooooo good then why doesnt he get more playing time ... oh and he's coming off an injury season. I'm hopeful just like you are, but surely not putting all my faith into harrison.

I don't think that a legitimate concern about which direction our team is headed should just be pissed on because a few of the extremebiased steelers homers on here are angry that someone is questioning thei steelers all mighty power and supreme reign over the league.

oh and thats weird. seems like a few of our players have the same concern as well ... just a few of the meaningless backups like faneca and ward. just listen to them. they'll tell you how much they petitioned for porter to get kicked to the curb and how much they hated him.

Weird. brady goes vocal about losing branch ... hes pissed. they lose out on the SB because of it.

ward and faneca go vocal about losing porter ... they are concerned. maybe we don't have as stellar of a season as everyone is hoping.

now that sounds like a pretty stupid argument doesn't it??? .... almost as stupid as: We lost our defensive leader, our biggest locker room motivator, but oh wait, we have three time pro bowl OLB james harrison waiting in the wings ... nooooo wait thats porter ... weird that he (porter) had 3 less sacks but almost mirror images of his stats in the 2004 and 2005 season ... he actually had more solo tackles this year in less games. not to mention probably not playing at 100% all year.

... but I'm sure james harrison is even better.

fansince'76
03-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I don't think that a legitimate concern about which direction our team is headed should just be pissed on because a few of the extremebiased steelers homers on here are angry that someone is questioning thei steelers all mighty power and supreme reign over the league.

oh and thats weird. seems like a few of our players have the same concern as well ... just a few of the meaningless backups like faneca and ward. just listen to them. they'll tell you how much they petitioned for porter to get kicked to the curb and how much they hated him.

No, I am, however, questioning your assertion that the Pats are so almighty. In past years, their D doesn't give up an 18-point lead, especially in an AFCC game and Caldwell's drop would have been a non-factor. Their D isn't nearly as strong as it was when they were winning 3 SBs in 4 years. FACT.

Let's see, we dump a highly paid veteran and Ward and Faneca show concern. Couldn't be that Ward and Faneca are worried due to the fact that THEY are also highly paid veterans, could it? Never mind the fact that both were "Cowher guys" and Cowher isn't around anymore. And what some consider "showing concern," others consider bitching. Ward and Faneca need to express their "concern" to the new regime and stop vocalizing their "concern" to the press, if you ask me.

ChronoCross
03-18-2007, 03:19 PM
man you guys can't read at all. did i ever say that losing porter was going to collapse our team and have us hanging out with the raiders and texans at the bottom of the AFC??? NO.I'd consider myself just as big a steeler fan as you. its always been about drafting. I don't think the rooneys are cheap at all, just smarter than everyone else.

I don't think that an 8-8 team is just as good as a playoff team or superbowl winning for that matter.

I don't think that james harrison is some godsend that is going to REVAMP the steelers LBing core ... if hes soooooooooooo good then why doesnt he get more playing time ... oh and he's coming off an injury season. I'm hopeful just like you are, but surely not putting all my faith into harrison.

Weird. brady goes vocal about losing branch ... hes pissed. they lose out on the SB because of it.

ward and faneca go vocal about losing porter ... they are concerned. maybe we don't have as stellar of a season as everyone is hoping.

now that sounds like a pretty stupid argument doesn't it??? .... almost as stupid as: We lost our defensive leader, our biggest locker room motivator, but oh wait, we have three time pro bowl OLB james harrison waiting in the wings ... nooooo wait thats porter ... weird that he (porter) had 3 less sacks but almost mirror images of his stats in the 2004 and 2005 season ... he actually had more solo tackles this year in less games. not to mention probably not playing at 100% all year.

Ward and Faneca and even Ben speaks out about Porter because they all became good friends. Its just normal there will be un-happy people and players about loosing Porter. If you do not get it that we did not have the money for porter are the time to sit there and watch Porter sit out creating a distraction and creating 1 less person on our defense because he does not want to play his last year of his contract unless he gets a big pay day. Its better to cut the loss and move on and save some money while at it and have no distraction. Dude just get over it. What is done is done for a reason and there was nothing anyone could do about it. If we kept porter we had oh lets see no cap room. No money to get help for the offensive line, no money for davenport, no money for anything. Lets go on to say they sign Porter in August to a big deal he wants just to get him to play without no distraction, then we loose troy, faneca, wait do we even have money for Ben after this. We already do not know if we can re sign faneca after this season, thats if we even try to re sign him. If we kept Porter we would of had to cut other quality talent to make cap room that would of hurt the team more. Its better to loose one then loose more then 5 players. I am a joey supporter and will miss him but it was something that had to be done.

Your dumb thoughts on Branch being there for the Patriots would of made the difference to get them the SB is all false. You do not know if he would of made the catches, you do not know if he would of even played, he might of been injured. Branch has missed 13 games since he became a patriot in regular season games, and he has missed playoff games to. There is a injury concern with branch and most likely one of the reasons they did not resign him, so get off the freakin kick on the ifs ans and butts about why the patriots did not make the SB because of 1 person.

Steelers is loaded with talent and just because we went on a SB high does not make us a bad team and behind on talent. 10 other teams loaded with talent also did the same thing as the steelers and did not make the playoffs the following year after the SB win. O and we do not even have the worse record of the teams to go on a SB high. We had lack of coaching, ben being pushed back to soon. Turnovers out the ass that cost us enough games not to get in the playoffs. Here let me throw in something like you do a big IF, so if we started Batch for the first 5 games we would of been back in the playoffs and would of had a healthy Ben back by game 6 and made another run for the SB.

fansince'76
03-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Your dumb thoughts on Branch being there for the Patriots would of made the difference to get them the SB is all false. You do not know if he would of made the catches, you do not know if he would of even played, he might of been injured.

Convenient how he didn't even address the fact that it was the Pats' D that gave up the largest lead in AFCCG history, isn't it? Of course, they dealt for Adalius Thomas, so their D should be all better now. Whatever.

ChronoCross
03-18-2007, 03:31 PM
No, I am, however, questioning your assertion that the Pats are so almighty. In past years, their D doesn't give up an 18-point lead, especially in an AFCC game and Caldwell's drop would have been a non-factor. Their D isn't nearly as strong as it was when they were winning 3 SBs in 4 years. FACT.

Let's see, we dump a highly paid veteran and Ward and Faneca show concern. Couldn't be that Ward and Faneca are worried due to the fact that THEY are also highly paid veterans, could it? Never mind the fact that both were "Cowher guys" and Cowher isn't around anymore....

Fansince I do not think pawn gets how much we would of lost if we did keep Porter and took care of him. We would of had to cut someone for cap room, not to mention multiple restructures if others wanted to stay, are even multiple cuts.

And his deal with loving branch and thinks branch was the key to Pats victory alone is purely speculation. I doubt he gets what you say in that they gave up a 18 point led with that D.

polamalufan43
03-18-2007, 07:36 PM
We don't need to be big players in FA to have success,we draft our success.

James Harrison will surpass Porter's sack total in Miami and show a pick up from Porter's last two years in Pittsburgh,just watch.Not to mention we're gonna be drafting someone to play OLB who might be replacing Haggans who has gotten old and his production has dropped off.

At this point I agree, my faith is in Harrison. And after what he did in Browineland who in Pittsburgh would not love the guy?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

GBMelBlount
03-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Loosing Porter was not a big deal as you and who ever are saying it is. We will have a monster in J. Harrison and who ever we pick up in the Draft. We have a team loaded with just as much talent as any other team in the NFL. So if you think the other teams are ahead of us then why not just go root for them.

The way it sounds to me, that you and others from the garbage forum are closet patriot fans.

Chrono, agree on Harrison filling in fine + want a beast OLB in the draft. Being a 110% Steelers fanatic, I still have respect for the Patriots being solid every year, like us. Also, I read our draft posts & everyone focuses on where they think our needs are. I agree we have a great team. That being said, there are positions that are weaker than others and those are the areas we look to address in the draft. So even with a solid team, it is only natural to want to improve/upgrade more.

paw-n-maul-u
03-20-2007, 12:51 AM
thanks mr. melblount. seems like a lot of people on here must feel their post count=dick size ... or steelers knowledge in this case. not even open minded to contradicting opinions.

tony hipchest
03-20-2007, 01:14 AM
seems like a lot of people on here must feel their post count=dick size ....
:dang: no wonder everytime i go to a natural wildlife park the female elephants and whales start running/swimming away

fansince'76
03-20-2007, 01:39 AM
thanks mr. melblount. seems like a lot of people on here must feel their post count=dick size ... or steelers knowledge in this case. not even open minded to contradicting opinions.

Apologies, paw-n-maul-u - I don't want to get into a pissing match with a Steelers brother. We're on the same side. I agree we have a tough row to hoe next year and I also think the Pats (unfortunately) will be right in the thick of things again as well, and I've said as much in the recent past:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=221554#post221554

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=210790&postcount=7

However, can you honestly say the Pats don't have some holes to fill on D, even with the acquisition of Adalius Thomas? Especially after giving up an 18-point lead in the AFCCG to a team they have historically owned in the playoffs? Sure, their D is still good, but not as good as it was when they were winning 3 SBs in 4 years. And despite the crappy year last season, I don't think we're that far from being a serious SB contender again either. However, we definitely could use help/added depth at OL, DL, LB and CB. Let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. Peace.

GBMelBlount
03-20-2007, 11:31 PM

Dude, you are all over the map with meaningless banter. Are you on drugs? Please stick to at least one point that makes sense. Pleeeeaaasssseeee!!!!!!!

GBMelBlount
03-20-2007, 11:40 PM

Maybe post count has to do with love for the steelers. Sounds like D.S. is more down your "alley".

SteelFist
03-26-2007, 01:40 PM
Dude, you are all over the map with meaningless banter. Are you on drugs? Please stick to at least one point that makes sense. Pleeeeaaasssseeee!!!!!!!

He was using sarcasm.......Amazing how you didn't get it!!!

GBMelBlount
03-26-2007, 10:27 PM
He was using sarcasm.......Amazing how you didn't get it!!!

Oh, wow, now that you explained it! thanks, you're the greatest!:tt02:

ben2hines=6
03-27-2007, 01:11 AM
with the talk about harrison passing porters number.....he never gonna get them numbers if we move to the 4-3......anyone else hear it....i mean tomlin did have a pretty dominant 4-3 in minn....that and whats ur guys take on this latest mock draft that keiper has with the bumgals taking someone from the U....haha i guess they're still not worried about character

SteelFist
03-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh, wow, now that you explained it! thanks, you're the greatest!:tt02:

You are quite welcome!

paw-n-maul-u
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
GBMel ... after everything i wrote back to you, the only thing you took from it was dick size ... incredible. anyways ... got anything to say back or are we gonna call it a deal and acknowledge that maybe not everyone is as confident in Harrison replacing our ex-best LB as you are?

zzzzzzzz

GBMelBlount
03-27-2007, 10:15 PM
GBMel ... after everything i wrote back to you, the only thing you took from it was dick size ... incredible. anyways ... got anything to say back or are we gonna call it a deal and acknowledge that maybe not everyone is as confident in Harrison replacing our ex-best LB as you are?

zzzzzzzz

Dude, I AM A STEELERS FAN!!!!! can't believe you post crap like what you originally posted. I think Harrison can fill the gap. If he doesn't, so be it. We'll see. Are you a Bunguls fan? Why the animosity, especially on this site.

SteelFist
03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Dude, I AM A STEELERS FAN!!!!! can't believe you post crap like what you originally posted. I think Harrison can fill the gap. If he doesn't, so be it. We'll see. Are you a Bunguls fan? Why the animosity, especially on this site.

Oh yeah every decision the Steelers make is the right one.....why? Because they're the Steelers. They went 8-8 but they're still a SB team....why? Because they're the Steelers. I'm always gonna agree with everything the Steelers do.....why? Because Im a Steeler fan.

Gimmie a break "DUDE"....lol. This is not fantasy, this is football....reality football. Just because you dont agree with every decision the Steelers make does not mean you're not a fan. And it doesn't make you any more of a fan than me or anyone else. Amazing how we actually have to explain that to you. I feel like I'm talking to a 10 yr old. And the question about being a Bengals fan was immature....you know....10 year oldish.

We as fans have the right to agree and disagree with our FAVORITE teams decisions. At least it shows we give a darn. You preach so much about this free country....Well put it to practice!

SteelCityPride
03-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I thought it was a good point to mention the calibre athletes that we have picked up in free agency, however you have to look on the other side also, most recently ryan clark and duce staley. Ryan Clark wasn't a terrible take, he was middle of the pack, but the deal we took with Duce. The bad thing is, if you asked me when we signed Duce, I was thinking we were set at the running back position for quite a few years. I was drinkin the Duce Kool-Aid. I think the free agency is a place to fill blaring holes, holes that have no other fix. We have Harrison and if you look at the Steelers past with linebackers, Linebackers are to the Steelers as Running backs are to kansas City. We have a scheme that allows players to excel and puts them in the right position and we take athletes at the linebacker position that are unique and don't fit elsewhere. For example, look what happend typically when linebackers leave the Steelers, they become non-existent. I praise the Steelers much more for their ability to find undiscovered talent and make the key picks in the draft than I do with their Free Agency moves. And to me it makes much more sense to get a potentially good player and pay him rookie wages versus getting a potentially good player and signing him to a lucrative free agent contract.

Just my thoughts.

GBMelBlount
03-28-2007, 10:43 PM

zzzzzzzz...

p, agreed, you introduced D.S. .... This is all opinion. How will Harrison do? I hope and pray the best. Do I know for sure....obviously not.... we'll see. Do I hope he fits the bill....obviously YES!!!!!!!! Go Steelers!