PDA

View Full Version : Boy this goes thru there might not be any bengals;

ChronoCross
03-15-2007, 03:02 PM
NFL, Players Are Expected To Agree on Conduct Policy

Repeated Criminal Behavior Could Result in 1-Year Suspension

By Mark Maske (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/staff/email/mark+maske/)
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, March 15, 2007; Page E03

The NFL and the NFL Players Association are expected to agree this offseason to a new player-conduct policy by which a player would be subject to a one-year suspension for repeated criminal behavior and would have to apply to the league for reinstatement, according to Gene Upshaw, executive director of the NFLPA.

Rest of the Article;
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/14/AR2007031402709.html

Read the article and you will agree that the Bengals would be in trouble. :P. But I think it would be a great rule to put in place and scare some of this players into making them think before they do something wrong.

polamalufan43
03-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Hahaha, no Bungals.... but then we wouldn't find the joy in beating them...and that just sucks. Well, IMO I think it's a good rule and just might aid in the recent issues with NFL players and the law.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

fansince'76
03-15-2007, 03:31 PM
Good rule, but I think a felony conviction should garner a lifetime ban - that's about all I'd change.

ChronoCross
03-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Hahaha, no Bungals.... but then we wouldn't find the joy in beating them...and that just sucks. Well, IMO I think it's a good rule and just might aid in the recent issues with NFL players and the law.

Ya true so lets keep the bungals around so we can keep slapping them out of the playoffs.

Favorite Saying By Palmer;

Lets put a hurting on the Steel Curtain, Ouch why did I say that.

polamalufan43
03-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Ya true so lets keep the bungals around so we can keep slapping them out of the playoffs.

Favorite Saying By Palmer;

Lets put a hurting on the Steel Curtain, Ouch why did I say that.

Hey, we have to get our joy somewhere when we are in Cincy.

CantStop85
03-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I think you're catching on, Chrono...

MasterOfPuppets
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
heres the problem i have with that....repeated criminal bahavior usually results in spending time behind bars,not a 1 yr suspension from your job!!! the lack of significant punishment is the freakin cause of repeat offfences!!!