PDA

View Full Version : Steelers interested in..................

Stlrs4Life
03-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Here are some of the guys the Steelers have shown interest in leading up to the draft. The link is at the bottom. Apparently, this interest has been shown at workouts, the Senior Bowl, combine, and other areas.....

Pittsburgh Steelers

Quarterbacks:

Cullen Finnerty, Grand Valley State, Isaiah Stanbeck, Washington

Running Backs:

Tony Hunt, Penn State

Fullbacks:

None

Wide Receivers:

Dwayne Bowe, Louisiana State, Rhema McKnight, Notre Dame, Steve Smith, Southern California

Tight Ends:

None

Offensive Tackles:

Ryan Harris, Notre Dame, Tony Ugoh, Arkansas

Offensive Guards:

Ben Grubbs, Auburn

Centers:

Samson Satele, Hawaii

Defensive Ends:

Jay Alford, Penn State, Adam Carriker, Nebraska, Tim Crowder, Texas, Brandon Mebane, California, Amobi Okoye, Louisville, David Patterson, Ohio State

Defensive Tackles:

Alan Branch, Michigan

Outside Linbackers:

Gaines Adams, Clemson, Noland Burchette, Virginia Tech, Prescott Burgess, Michigan, Quentin Moses, Georgia, Jay Moore, Nebraska, Jarvis Moss, Florida, Lawrence Timmons, Florida State

Inside Linbackers:

None

Cornerbacks:

Jonathan Wade, Tennessee, Eric Wright, UNLV

Safeties:

Aaron Rouse, Virginia Tech

Kickers/Punters:

None

http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=33&a=103

coachspeak33
03-15-2007, 05:57 PM
Those names lead me to believe a LB/DL is gonna become a Steeler after the 15 pick in the draft...

tony hipchest
03-15-2007, 06:04 PM
yesterday nfl network showed mike tomlin at jamarcus russels pro day work out and asked him his thoughts. i was wondering who he was really there to see and figured it was a wr.

ChronoCross
03-15-2007, 06:09 PM
You cannot always believe the team is interested in everyone on the list. There is a lot of smoke screens sent out to make other teams think your going after this guy but when it comes down to it they pick another not even on the list.

Pretty wicked game they play. Nice site, did not have that one. Thks.

Jeremy
03-15-2007, 06:24 PM
Timmons would be a hell of an addition! Florida kid, so you know he can play, and he hits like a ton.

GBMelBlount
03-15-2007, 06:32 PM
So there actually hasn't been official team interest in Posluszny at OLB? How solid is Branch, I've seen him pretty high on some draft rankings? Would a DT be worth considering at 15?

Jeremy
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
One of the best in the draft. Mainly a run stopper though, not really a guy who's going to get after the QB.

Not surprised that there's no interest in Posluzny. He doesn't really have the speed the Steelers normally put a high value on.

tony hipchest
03-15-2007, 06:40 PM
So there actually hasn't been official team interest in Posluszny at OLB? How solid is Branch, I've seen him pretty high on some draft rankings? Would a DT be worth considering at 15?if the steelers are interested in getting rid of hampton for salary cap purposes (in 08), branch would be a steal at 15. i dont think hampton has much to worry about though.

Jeremy
03-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Hampton is still cap friendly. Plus he's never made any noise about a holdout like Porter did.

SteelCzar76
03-15-2007, 06:45 PM
You cannot always believe the team is interested in everyone on the list. There is a lot of smoke screens sent out to make other teams think your going after this guy but when it comes down to it they pick another not even on the list.

Pretty wicked game they play. Nice site, did not have that one. Thks.

Exactly. Often a great amount of suppossed 'Pre Draft interest' is a matter of smoke and mirrors on the part of many teams. (It's good buisness if you think about it)
As Chrono stated in his post,.... it's not to say that they may not be interested in filling certain needs at those particular positions.
But it's a matter of 'appearing' to have various players in mind,....when in reality they have already made their choices in regards as to whom they feel is the best 'fit' for them. (And many times it's the prospect that the so called experts didn't even expect)

Stlrs4Life
03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Timmons would be a hell of an addition! Florida kid, so you know he can play, and he hits like a ton.

Like Max Starks?:flap: :wave:

Elvis
03-16-2007, 06:30 PM
:tt02: I would like to see the Steelers to use their pick on the Defensive side of the ball, especially in the secondary. What ya think about Merriweather at FS from Miami, Fla. ?
I love the guy and think that he could also play DB if needed, and he Does Hit Like A Mack Truck....
God Bless
Elvis

SteelCzar76
03-16-2007, 07:04 PM
:tt02: I would like to see the Steelers to use their pick on the Defensive side of the ball, especially in the secondary. What ya think about Merriweather at FS from Miami, Fla. ?
I love the guy and think that he could also play DB if needed, and he Does Hit Like A Mack Truck....
God Bless
Elvis

Merriweather has got great range, instincts,speed, aggression and coverage skills. He even saw some spot duty at corner at the Senior Bowl. (At which he performed very well) The knock on him is his lack of 'bulk' and possible "character" concerns.
The latter of which,...along with the fact that he's a safety.....means he probably won't even 'get a look' from Colbert and Co. (Unless he was to drop to the second day,....and there's no way that happens IMO)
Which i can understand because he's a safety. But with that said,..... Laron Landry is an entirely different story. (Rare player) LOL

GBMelBlount
03-16-2007, 08:02 PM
if the steelers are interested in getting rid of hampton for salary cap purposes (in 08), branch would be a steal at 15. i dont think hampton has much to worry about though.

Agreed. However, if we changed to a 4-3 wouldn't we have two tackles? Hampton is unbelievable. I think he is one of the smaller DT's in a 3-4 in the league. He takes a beating and is fantastic! Would never want to replace him.

DACEB
03-17-2007, 12:52 PM
looking at this information, I would say the Steelera are looking at;

Carriker, Okoye, Branch and Adams at 15, possibly Bowe at WR.

I think they probably feel Carriker and Okoye are similar players. Each could play DE or DT, each can stop the run or get after the QB.
Branch, even though not a need, would be hard to pass if at 15.
Adams could play DE in the 4-3 or OLB in the 3-4.

After that I think it's possible they could look at Moss, Moses or Timmons at 15 or possibly trade down for those players. I think we could possibly trade down to about the 20th or 21st spots and still grab one of those players.

The other players listed would not be 1st round picks for us IMO. They would be looked at depending what we did in the 1st. I still believe we will take two defensive players in the first two rounds.

SteelFist
03-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Interesting!! I've never seen that site before. Thanks for posting, but we have to take it with a grain of salt ;)

Elvis
03-27-2007, 04:28 PM
:wink02: I guess we will find out who we are truly interested in in a few weeks wont we ? I'm thinking that it is gonna be a Pick That Suprises All Of Us...:thumbsup:
Thank Goodness God Loves Sinners
Elvis

Elvis
03-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Merriweather has got great range, instincts,speed, aggression and coverage skills. He even saw some spot duty at corner at the Senior Bowl. (At which he performed very well) The knock on him is his lack of 'bulk' and possible "character" concerns.
The latter of which,...along with the fact that he's a safety.....means he probably won't even 'get a look' from Colbert and Co. (Unless he was to drop to the second day,....and there's no way that happens IMO)
Which i can understand because he's a safety. But with that said,..... Laron Landry is an entirely different story. (Rare player) LOL
Sorry but I would like to have Merriweather over Landry myself..
Jesus Saves
Elvis

BettisFan
03-27-2007, 04:56 PM
i would love if we got some new corners

faneca05
04-01-2007, 10:20 PM
ive heard that tomlin plans on staying with the 3-4 so i dont think we would take a DT