PDA

View Full Version : calvin johnsons pro day work outs today

tony hipchest
03-15-2007, 06:11 PM
standing broad jump- 11'7" :jawdrop:

vertical leap- 42" :jawdrop:

chris mortenson reported these are the best numbers for any player in recent history. add that to his 4.35 at the combine in borrowed shoes, and 6'5", 239 lb measurements and you get :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

SteelCzar76
03-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Beast 'Squared'

MasterOfPuppets
03-15-2007, 07:04 PM
kinda be difficult for any team to pass on him reguardless of thier needs.

Suitanim
03-15-2007, 07:11 PM
Detroit? I think the natives burn down Ford Field if the Lions drafted another WR with their first pick...

tony hipchest
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Detroit? I think the natives burn down Ford Field if the Lions drafted another WR with their first pick...shame on them for painting themselves in a corner where they would have to pass on a player like this.

johnson seems to be of primo character too. i doubt his main focus is burning the ganga like charles rodgers.

lilyoder6
03-15-2007, 07:39 PM
calvin johnson is going to be a beast his rookie yr.. i look at tampa picking him up to upgrade there off.. would be nice if we could get him... but can only wish

GBMelBlount
03-15-2007, 07:59 PM
standing broad jump- 11'7" :jawdrop:

vertical leap- 42" :jawdrop:

chris mortenson reported these are the best numbers for any player in recent history. add that to his 4.35 at the combine in borrowed shoes, and 6'5", 239 lb measurements and you get :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

I think the QB/WR convert Jacksonville picked up in the first round - Matt Jones - is 6'5" , weighs 230's and ran a 2.39 at the combine. Comparable in those stats, but he had no track record. This guy still sounds like an absolute freak. Thank god we're never bad enough to get a shot at these guys.....I think.

Suitanim
03-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Calvin Johnson played on a mediocre GT team with a horrible QB, and still put up good stats. With some good coaching, a little discipline and an NFL QB to toss the ball to him, he should be a stellar NFL WR.

SteelCzar76
03-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Detroit? I think the natives burn down Ford Field if the Lions drafted another WR with their first pick...

Actually Suit Detroit's fans may not react the way some would think if the Lions were to select Johnson. (IMO) What i mean by this is,....anyone with any measure of football knowledge understands that he is a once in a generation type player.
And it's not as though Mike Williams,.... or even worse yet Charles Rodgers,......have become the 'threat' opposite Roy Williams that many expected them to be.
Do i think they take him ?,.....no,.... it's about time they got a QB. But if they did,.....i believe many would be hard pressed to honestly find fault with the pick. (He's just simply that good)

Suitanim
03-16-2007, 03:02 PM
It would open up old wounds, though. Detroit football fans aren't stupid, and this would be a huge reminder of how many first round picks they've wasted.

Then again, if they weren't perennial losers, they'd have no shot at this pick HAD they picked like a rational NFL team would in 3 of the last 4 drafts...

tony hipchest
03-16-2007, 04:54 PM
you know raider fans are pissed that they coulve been witnessing a leinart to johnson combo for years to come.

Suitanim
03-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Hey, Crazy ole Al knows best!

It must suck ass to be a Raiders fan now...on one hand, you have to pay lip service to Al because his maverick ways worked back in the 80's and he got lucky once a few years ago, but the harsh reality is that the raiders will suck until Al Davis dies or is committed...

Infamix
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
shame on them for painting themselves in a corner where they would have to pass on a player like this.

johnson seems to be of primo character too. i doubt his main focus is burning the ganga like charles rodgers.

was this post made before or after we found out he lit up the blunt?

Dynasty
04-19-2007, 02:31 PM
The Lions won't take Johnson for two reasons.

1. Their fans will mob team HQ for taking so many first round WRs.
2. They already have one of the best WR tandems statistically.