PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw on Leno

TasmanianTroy271
03-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I was just watching Jay Leno, and Terry Bradshaw is one of the guests, and I just want to say that, and I hope everyone agrees with me, that Terry Bradshaw is quite possibly the classiest sports figure I've ever seen. Not only was he a prolific quarterback for us, but the guy is just great. He's funny, but he's not afraid to poke fun at himself, and you know that if you ever met him in real life, he'd probably be just as nice to you as he is to Leno or anyone else. I guess what I'm trying to say is, out of all the former Steelers, if I had to pick one to represent us. It'd have to be Bradshaw, he's just such a great character.

GBMelBlount
03-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Great pick,

Bradshaw had his struggles too! Watch the Steelers '74 Super Bowl Video. However, he clutched at the helm of a great team(s). I have a buddy who knows him through Mel Blount and said (as you said) that he is a very down to earth, humble, approachable guy...however not so approachable during his brooding portions of the 74 season! With Terry, what you see is what you get...rare indeed! By the way, I have probably watched his movie "Failure to Launch" 25 times with my wife. We love it and it is hysterical! Go Terry!:cheers:

LarryNJ
03-17-2007, 04:01 AM
I like Terry, but "classiest sports figure ever" is a probably a bit of a stretch. Funny? yes entertaining? yes If you say classy the first names that come to my mind are Andy Russell or Jack Ham. They did their jobs at a high level, didn't talk shit, cry or whine and never show boated. They were and still are very profesional on and off the field.

stillers4me
03-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Terry Bradshaw is one of the only athletes I'd love to meet someday......as previously posted, what you see is what you get. He seems like a a funny, likable, down to earth good ole boy!! (if I could just get the picture of the nekkid room out of my head.........).

Stlrs4Life
03-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Always did like Terry. He went through alot while he was here. But he had the guts to stick it out.

steelpinstripe72
03-17-2007, 09:32 PM
(if I could just get the picture of the nekkid room out of my head.........).

I saw Failure to Launch last year...my parents saw it last week. My mom says to me on the phone, "I can't believe Terry Bradshaw had a nude scene..." I was just like, "At least you had warning! I told you about that! No one bothered to tell me before I saw it and now I'm scarred for life!" Of course, being a Steelers fan, I may have been scarred for life even if someone had warned me, but anyway...

GBMelBlount
03-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I saw Failure to Launch last year...my parents saw it last week. My mom says to me on the phone, "I can't believe Terry Bradshaw had a nude scene..." I was just like, "At least you had warning! I told you about that! No one bothered to tell me before I saw it and now I'm scarred for life!" Of course, being a Steelers fan, I may have been scarred for life even if someone had warned me, but anyway...

dude, if you were scarred, think about those fish! Haaaaaa! Go Steelers!:cheers: With Terry, Wysiwyg! gb THE 70'S sTEELERS!:tt02:

Newzfoxjr
03-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow, I haven't even seen that movie and I'm scarred for life. x_x

Anyway, I caught this while it was on last night, it was cool. I usually miss stuff like that.

19ward86
03-19-2007, 07:33 AM
he is on there like every month, they are good friends, he talks too much when he is on the show.

klick81
03-19-2007, 09:53 AM
LOL...yeah. Jay and Terry always make fun of each other. Makes for good laughs!

Jeremy
03-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Terry is a big reason I sought help for my depression. The man is a huge hero of mine.

jtmill
03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
My sister met him at a United Way golf outing about 15 years ago. Said he was a real big womanizing jerk. I've never seen that in any interviews or anything, but I have to believe my sister.

Jeremy
03-19-2007, 11:52 AM
My sister met him at a United Way golf outing about 15 years ago. Said he was a real big womanizing jerk. I've never seen that in any interviews or anything, but I have to believe my sister.

She met him at a golf outing and was able to make a character determination right there on the spot huh? That's impressive. Remind me to stay away from her.

jtmill
03-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, well while he was joking with his buddies about getting into someone's pants, she made her determination. He was married at the time too. Has since divorced. Big surprise there. Don't get me wrong, I'm a 35yr. fan. Bradshaw was one of the greatest. I just don't know about the character thing this thread was started on.

Jeremy
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
I've had the chance to talk to some of the beat writer out here in the Desert about some of the athletes they see on a day to day basis. Based on my conversations with them, and my own personal observations, it's not a huge shock that athletes cheat on their wives. It's actually better than it used to be. Now, husbands and wives have a certain understanding about the nature of their relationship. Not all of them cheat, but many do. Back in the day, it was more like the orgy you saw in movies like North Dallas 40.

I've known plenty of guys who cheated on their wives, but I still thought were good guys. We all have flaws in our character. Some of us smoke, some of us drink, some of gamble, etc. Pretty much the only verse from the Bible I ever use is John 8:7 "But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."