PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin good or bad choice

BettisFan
03-18-2007, 11:42 PM
well now that cower is gone(which totally sucks) how will Mike takeover, he is a defense guy and probally will spend alot more money on defense, how will the steelers be affected by this? also with cower legacy to live up to how will he do, will he take us to another championship or get us a first round draft pick? who knows but what do u guys think?

Preacher
03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
WAY too early to answer ANY of those questions.

All I can say is, I like what he has done so far.

BettisFan
03-18-2007, 11:50 PM
i liekd everything but the joey porter stuff , why let him go!

ChronoCross
03-19-2007, 12:08 AM
question has already been brought on this board several times. You need time to judge Tomlin if he is good are not. It will be a few years before we know.

The Duke
03-19-2007, 12:28 AM
question has already been brought on this board several times. You need time to judge Tomlin if he is good are not. It will be a few years before we know.

I don't think it'll be a few years, this year Steelers rebound. Just believe in Tomlin :tt02:

Big7BenHOF
03-19-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm going to say good choice, but that's totally bias. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edman
03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
We can't praise him, but we can't slam him either. Lets see how he coaches under pressure, or in the playoffs if he ever gets there. How he handles player personnel, and the most important of all: The Playcallng. I got fed up with the half-***ed playcalling in 2006.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2007, 01:47 AM
WAY too early to answer ANY of those questions.

All I can say is, I like what he has done so far.

:huh: what has he done?? let porter go...sign a lineman from tampa ? did he make those decisions?

Galax Steeler
03-19-2007, 05:04 AM
I think tomlin will be fine I like what I have seen so far.

abgroove
03-19-2007, 05:07 AM
It is far too early to judge our new coach. What I will do is give the Rooney's the benefit of the doubt. Who else can make the claim of hiring two HOF coaches in a row?

Stainless Steel
03-19-2007, 07:32 AM
It is far too early to judge our new coach. What I will do is give the Rooney's the benefit of the doubt. Who else can make the claim of hiring two HOF coaches in a row?
You have put it the best in my opinion. Trust is the big issue. The Rooneys have been around for a long time. They know what they are doing. Having said that, time will only tell how good a choice Tomlin is.

83-Steelers-43
03-19-2007, 07:36 AM
"Mike Tomlin good or bad choice"

I'll get back to you come late December......

HometownGal
03-19-2007, 08:57 AM
I have to agree with the consensus here - it is far too early to assess whether Tomlin is a good/bad choice.

All I can say at this point is that I like this guy's drive, ambition and spunk. Whether he can be an effective HC is impossible to determine right now.

DJfan
03-19-2007, 09:34 AM
What has he done so far? How about handling the players well (meetings, phone calls, etc.), losing a player who would have declined further and charged us too much to do it, ignored the "black coach" quicksand-debate, and most importantly, impressed a very impressive group of gentlemen who know how to hire great coaches.

Sound like he's on the right path.

GBMelBlount
03-19-2007, 08:48 PM
I think he has great potential. Is reported to be very smart & knowledgeable plus is supposed to be agreat motivator, which we maybe could have used more of in 2006.

BettisFan
03-19-2007, 09:43 PM
the only thing is we are moving from a mostly offense coach do a defense one

GBMelBlount
03-19-2007, 10:11 PM
the only thing is we are moving from a mostly offense coach do a defense one

Parker, if Tomlin "favors" defense, how will that adversely affect the offense other than maybe the draft? :cheers:

BettisFan
03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
i guess ur right

polamalufan43
03-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Currently, I would say excellent choice, cant wait for a season with this guy.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

GBMelBlount
03-20-2007, 10:23 PM

Dude, you nailed it. I think they made the best decision given the info they had. Tomlin has potential! They have a good track record but like everyone say, time will tell.