PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating etiquette question.

Stu Pidasso
03-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey all, I have a question:

I'm from Youngstown, and I don't have but a few friends in the Pittsburgh area. None that tailgate. But I want to experience it, since I have never done so.

Can somebody explain the experience of tailgating if you don't park in the lot or bring food? Can you just walk up to a group, introduce yourself, and have fun? Do you pitch in $$$ for the food/drink you consume?

What I'm trying to ask is, what do I do if I show up at the tailgate lot, and want to party with fellow Steeler fans?

BOXCAR JOEY
03-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Thats a gray area subject. You may possibly show up to someones tailgate and they wont like you and kick your butt for trying to weeze in on their party. but then you get the opposite where you may be welcomed with open arms. I would just use your better judgement and bring a 12pack.

BOXCAR JOEY
03-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Bring a bottle of schnapps too. That breaks the ice nicely

Stu Pidasso
03-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Hey! Nice avatar! :fro:

PisnNapalm
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Shouldn't the logo be on the left side of Benders's head?

Stu Pidasso
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
Um... it IS on the left side. LOL

I know it's on the wrong side. But he just looks more badass this way.

PisnNapalm
03-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Doh... That's what I meant to say... I need a drink. Scotch anyone?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Preacher
03-20-2007, 01:50 AM
I would think a few Steelersfever friends around here should invite stu to their tailgating party!

BOXCAR JOEY
03-20-2007, 09:09 AM
well i for one would invite anyone to a TGP. As long as you bring something to the table (food, drink,women,football,beanbag game)

but yea nice avatar you got there. i thought i was going to be the only bender in town har har har

steelerbackr4life
03-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I would think a few Steelersfever friends around here should invite stu to their tailgating party!

I believe there is always an open invitation to tailgate with Dom and friends. Just check here prior to every game for details!:cheers:

SteelersHoss
03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
Dom and his friends are very welocoming and open. Bring a few beers, and some bucks for food, and you are good as golden. Just keep your eyes posted to this site, and you'll be fine Stu..

BettisFan
03-21-2007, 12:21 AM
hey if i am ever back in town and tailgate like i used to then yea just pop right into my party!!

Sith Lord
04-07-2007, 08:47 AM
Talk to Dom, he's your man. STLR4LIFE, or something close to that. He's very cool.

stlrtruck
04-09-2007, 09:41 PM
There are a few SF members that announce their tailgating plans ahead of schedule so you once you know what games you are going to - try the tailgating forum, you'll find someone to hang out with.

From what I've experienced, if you make plans ahead of the game, you bring money or food and your own drink and you'll be fine!

Stlrs4Life
04-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey all, I have a question:

I'm from Youngstown, and I don't have but a few friends in the Pittsburgh area. None that tailgate. But I want to experience it, since I have never done so.

Can somebody explain the experience of tailgating if you don't park in the lot or bring food? Can you just walk up to a group, introduce yourself, and have fun? Do you pitch in $$$ for the food/drink you consume?

What I'm trying to ask is, what do I do if I show up at the tailgate lot, and want to party with fellow Steeler fans?

Hey Y-Town. You're more than welcome to join our tailgate like it was said before. Justy check in here a week before each home game and look for my Thread on it. Usually you bring something to the tailgate, and your choice of beverage. Or donate cash.

ARKIESTEEL
04-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Hey Y-Town. You're more than welcome to join our tailgate like it was said before. Justy check in here a week before each home game and look for my Thread on it. Usually you bring something to the tailgate, and your choice of beverage. Or donate cash.

I would put this on a top ten list of things to do in Pittsburgh. I been to alot of tailgates but I have to say this was by and far the best. Dom and them are good people. Now if we could just get the girls from High Tops down the street to bring drinks around :dang:

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I would put this on a top ten list of things to do in Pittsburgh. I been to alot of tailgates but I have to say this was by and far the best. Dom and them are good people. Now if we could just get the girls from High Tops down the street to bring drinks around :dang:

That would be awesome Arkie!

boomor
09-13-2007, 12:45 PM
I am coming up from SC and would like to find someone to hang with prior to the 49ers game. We are stating at the Doubletree hotel and thought about just walking instead of getting a parking pass. I have never been to a NFL game before (only college) and I have alway been able to find people to tailgate with. I did not know though, if I do not have a pass to get into a parking place, can we walk in???? Any advice would be great. I know I brought this up a couple of months ago and it was suggested to wait until closer to the game and someone would most likely be accommodating! boomor@hotmail.com