PDA

View Full Version : Winslows career over?

Livinginthe past
03-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Courtesy of PFT.

The 'career over' angle seems dramatic, but I would fully agree with the stance that playing an injured Winslow in an already dead season was a very bad idea.

Its the type of decision that keeps the bad teams...well....bad.

In response to a tip that we recently received regarding the condition of Browns tight end Kellen Winslow following microfracture surgery on the knee that he initially injured when he made like Evel Knievel in May 2005, we've checked with a couple of our sources and we've determined that the powers that be in Cleveland are not counting on Winslow to be available for the 2007.

"There really is a good chance he won't play this season," a league source told us.

The bigger question, as the source pointed out, is why didn't the Browns shut Winslow down earlier in the 2006 season? They were out of the playoff hunt, and yet Winslow (to the pleasure of fantasy owners only) continued to play despite being listed as questionable nearly every week due to his knee.

"I would have made him have the surgery earlier to make sure he'd be ready for this upcoming season," said the source.

But there are also whispers that, in the wake of the procedure for creating scar tissue that will simulate knee cartilage, Winslow might never be able to play again.

Stay tuned.

TackleMeBen
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Well if his football career is over he can always try to be the next Evel Knievel ...lol.. he already has some practice

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Don't you have to have a career before it can be over ??

polamalufan43
03-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Don't you have to have a career before it can be over ??

Yeah, but in Brownieland the laws of reality dont work. Like when they lose in our world, they win in their world.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-19-2007, 06:41 PM
Its too bad........he could have been a good football player.......bad attitude......maybe a browns or bengals career player.....but a good football player

fansince'76
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Yeah, but in Brownieland the laws of reality dont work. Like when they lose in our world, they win in their world.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Best explanation of the Stains' and their fans' mentality I've seen yet! :toofunny:

polamalufan43
03-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! Best explanation of the Stains' and their fans' mentality I've seen yet! :toofunny:

TY Fansince, I'm thinking about writing a book. After all, this mentality has most people perplexed, so much so that they dont feel like researching it at just call it stupidity.
THE WORLD WILL FINALLY KNOW THE TRUTH!!!!!!
(But then again, that would mean I'd be strange enough to spend my free time writing a book about the browns, which is an obvious best-seller, but still is pretty lame)

fansince'76
03-19-2007, 06:48 PM
TY Fansince, I'm thinking about writing a book. After all, this mentality has most people perplexed, so much so that they dont feel like researching it at just call it stupidity.
THE WORLD WILL FINALLY KNOW THE TRUTH!!!!!!
(But then again, that would mean I'd be starnge enough to spend my free time writing a book about the browns, which is an obvious best-seller, but still is pretty lame)

Actually, pfan43, it's already been covered - you ever hear of "Bizarro Superman?" :chuckle:

polamalufan43
03-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Actually, pfan43, it's already been covered - you ever hear of "Bizarro Superman?" :chuckle:

No, but I've heard of "Bizarro Stuntman" and it pretty much covers Kellen's career, or in reality's case lack there of.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
it certainly wouldn't bother me any to never here winslows name again.

fansince'76
03-19-2007, 07:02 PM
it certainly wouldn't bother me any to never here winslows name again.

Me neither - that's one apple that fell very far from the tree. His old man was a class act, and still the best TE I've ever seen.

CantStop85
03-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Why does the Browns medical staff seem to suck so much?

verks36
03-20-2007, 04:58 PM
he was a ****y kid who was good in college but never lived up to potentail of i think a 5th overall selection

Borski
03-20-2007, 05:14 PM
That sucks for him, I'm not one to kick someone when their carrier is over, even if he does play for the browns.

hopefully his carrier inst over so we can whoop his arse for many browns games to come!

RoethlisBURGHer
03-20-2007, 06:28 PM
If he's done,oh well.He brought it all on himself,the dumbass.

polamalufan43
03-20-2007, 08:58 PM
If he's done,oh well.He brought it all on himself,the dumbass.

Well, I'm sure he had some talent in college, but that doesn't really count that much now.

BettisFan
03-20-2007, 10:11 PM
it would be good for us but suck for the browns if he was done

FeaR #83
03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
unlucky for the Browns but he was very overrated and never really looked at him as a threat, although being on the Browns made him look a LOT better :sofunny:

Edman
03-22-2007, 03:07 PM
If this was out of his control and he was in an accident that couldn't be prevented, I would've felt different about this. But this was an accident he could have prevented if he didn't act like a damn jackass on that bike.

If his career truly is over, feel free to add him to the list of overhyped 1st Round draft busts for the Browns. Thanks for taking the Soldja so we could have Ben, Cleveland.

ChronoCross
03-22-2007, 06:11 PM
From PFT;

WINSLOW SAYS HE'S FINE

At the tail end of a puff piece on the Browns' official web site, tight end Kellen Winslow insists that he'll be ready for the 2007 season.

Of course, the article never acknowledges that Winslow had microfracture surgery earlier in the offseason in order to spark the regeneration of cartilage in his knee.

And though the item makes vague reference to our article from Monday regarding Winslow, the writer erroneously claims that we have reported that Winslow won't play at all in 2007.

We did not. We wrote that the team isn't counting on him for the coming season, and that there's a very good chance that he won't play.

"I don't even know where that came from -- I don't know who said that," Winslow said in response to the report that we didn't report. "But I love to prove people wrong. That's fuel for me. I'll be back. People continue to count me out, and that lights my fire."

Hey, K -- the only reason anyone is counting you out is because of your own stupidity nearly two years ago, when you risked your football career to get a few kicks on a motorcycle.

[UPDATE: Lest there be any confusion on this, we fully stand by our report. We believe that the article on the Browns' official web site was a reaction to rumors of Winslow's inability to return from microfracture surgery, and as in most cases like this we refuse to accept the official word that a team puts out at face value.]

Suitanim
03-22-2007, 06:50 PM
So, let me get this straight: PFT posts that his career is over, and it's posted here.

Then PFT posts that he's fine, and THAT is posted here.

PFT=World Weekly News of the NFL. The next thing they'll be posting is that Bat Boy is the new NFL comish...

Stlrs4Life
03-22-2007, 09:33 PM

You know what? Sad but true!

BettisFan
03-22-2007, 10:02 PM
how old is winslow?