PDA

View Full Version : This offseason is going slower than usual.

Edman
03-19-2007, 10:02 AM
The main cause of it? I believe it's the fact that our Steelers are going into a time of transition and evolution for the first time since a time when "The Bodyguard" was in theatres, "Seinfeld" was running on TV, the likes of MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice were rather popular, and I was at the tender age of 3; too young to understand football at the time.

Most of the familiarity is gone now that Cowher has left and young Mike Tomlin has the reigns. So many questions are surrounding our favorite warriors in black and gold. At least Big Ben is taking it easy, especially after last year. So that's good to know at least.

Have any of you noticed this offseason has been moving slower than usual? I mean, it's slow, but this feels different.

ARKIESTEEL
03-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah we need another motor bike wreck or a major organ to be removed from one of the starters:wink02:

maybe a drug bust or 2 hold on thats what the bunguls do in the off season

Statik
03-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah, with Hines holding out last year, and then Ben's incidents......seems to be a slower than normal offseason.

TackleMeBen
03-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah we need another motor bike wreck or a major organ to be removed from one of the starters:wink02:

:sofunny:

vasteeler
03-19-2007, 12:17 PM
slow is good:thumbsup:

memphissteelergirl
03-19-2007, 12:25 PM

Hey! Be careful what you wish for, man! :dang: :jawdrop:

steelerbackr4life
03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Quiet is good. We had enough off season news last year for the rest of this decade!

steelerbackr4life
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
That was my 500th post!
:banana:

BOXCAR JOEY
03-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I know how to make steelers headlines. I'll go the burgh, have my friend try to mug me in front of a player, then have the player save me and make them headlines. " Savior of Steel" it will read.

sound like a plan to make for an interesting off season?

ARKIESTEEL
03-19-2007, 02:10 PM
:thumbsup: :jammin: Sorry guys was just makeing a joke

memphissteelergirl
03-19-2007, 02:51 PM
:thumbsup: :jammin: Sorry guys was just makeing a joke

No prob! :hug:

Stlrs4Life
03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
It onbly seems longer because, unlike last year we played into February. This season we were done at the end of December.

TackleMeBen
03-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Thank god for off season workout ..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_498541.html

Counselor
03-19-2007, 04:35 PM
so so slow. it a combination of the fact that we didn't make the playoffs, and we are anxious about all the changes.

Isn't it draft day yet?

At least the Pens and March Madness are keeping me busy. Although MM has not been crazy like it usually is---no double digit seeds in the sweet sixteen!!! shocking!

SteelCityMan786
03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Hang in there guys. The Draft will be here before ya know it!

HometownGal
03-19-2007, 05:29 PM
I hadn't noticed this offseason going any slower than any other offseason. The Steelers football withdrawal is just as bad every year! I don't calculate the offseason in months - I prefer to calculate it in days - makes it seem a lot closer! :cheer:

NFL Draft - 39 days away
Steelers Training Camp - 130 days away

Both will be here in a jiffy! :banana:

Preacher
03-19-2007, 05:43 PM
I hadn't noticed this offseason going any slower than any other offseason. The Steelers football withdrawal is just as bad every year! I don't calculate the offseason in months - I prefer to calculate it in days - makes it seem a lot closer! :cheer:

NFL Draft - 39 days away
Steelers Training Camp - 130 days away

Both will be here in a jiffy! :banana:

Hey.. Don't forget, last year, we saw the Steelers playing all through January and the first week of FEb. At this point, there was only six weeks since the SB, a week or so from the look of the rings, a couple weeks away from the Steelers showing up to Whitehouse, etc.

After the rush with a new head coach, there is nothing this year.

HometownGal
03-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey.. Don't forget, last year, we saw the Steelers playing all through January and the first week of FEb. At this point, there was only six weeks since the SB, a week or so from the look of the rings, a couple weeks away from the Steelers showing up to Whitehouse, etc.

After the rush with a new head coach, there is nothing this year.

I understand what you're saying, Father, but withdrawal is withdrawal no matter how long you gotta wait for your "fix". :wink02: :cheers:

klick81
03-19-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree...as much as I hate it, a slow off season is a good off season.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Im just glad there are no arrest on the team........guns, rapes, beating........although i would have supported and still do support the beating porter gave Levi....

Im glad we have a classy team.........I just hope ben and the receivers are working hard

GBMelBlount
03-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Im just glad there are no arrest on the team........guns, rapes, beating........although i would have supported and still do support the beating porter gave Levi....

We love you Joey, once a steeler, always a steeler!!!!!!!