PDA

View Full Version : On second thought

figg
08-28-2005, 08:51 AM
I watched the Stelers 1st half again last night. Ben wasnt as bad as it seemed. Three guy's dropped passes and a couple guy's ran wrong routes. The int was on a hailmary. He did miss high a few times and had 2 guys open when we were at the goal line in Miller and Kreider. I do still think he's struggling but overall I think the timing is the biggest problem.

C5-R1
08-28-2005, 10:00 AM
I'm hoping we can just chalk it up to rust. The part that I don't like the most is that he seems to be throwing everything high. If he keeps that up he's either going to throw alot of interceptions or get his recievers killed or both.

clevestinks
08-28-2005, 10:27 AM
I understand the drops and the hailmary. but his missed passes, missed by miles. The right Safety in the right place, will pick overthrown balls the majority of the time. Rust?? I hope and pray its just rust. But he has been in Pittsburgh almost the entire off season throwing passes to El, Ward, Wilson and co.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah, thats the part that worries me is..he spent all the offseason working on the offense so Im sure its not that he doesnt know the plays anymore.. but having Hines out of camp didnt help much.

Timing takes time to develop, more than just a training camp..so it'll be a learning curve that I hope is accelerated greatly!

clevestinks
08-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Hines did make all the mini camps though. Like I mentioed before somewhere. He seems to have difficulty hitting a stationary target right now. I really cant put my finger on it. But his footwork when throwing seems either really off, or at very least unorthodox!

blairsummit
08-28-2005, 12:40 PM
i believe its just timing. come season start he'll be ok.

SteelersWyo
08-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Uh, no. He is stinking up the stadium along with the rest of the offense.

Justin Otstott
08-28-2005, 01:06 PM
^ damn man...Like I said in some other thread its pre-season, Ben will pick up his game come reg season! I Hope.

I.C. Lights
08-28-2005, 01:14 PM
Ben will be fine...He seems like the kind of player that thrives off of pressure, and the preseason doesn't supply that kind of enviornment - not to mention the play calling, which has been ridiculously choppy, isn't usually "designed" to attack the opponents weaknesses in PS either.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2005, 11:20 PM
If he thrives on pressure then he's definately w/ the right team, cuz there arent many places in the NFL that are as tough on QB's as Pittsburgh.. Just ask Bradshaw..