PDA

View Full Version : Islamist Website intructs use of Forums

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-20-2007, 06:28 AM
http://www.memri.org/bin/opener_latest.cgi?ID=SD150807

Islamist Website Instructs Mujahideen in Using Popular U.S. Web Forums to Foster Anti-War Sentiment among Americans

In the past few months, Islamists engaged in "media jihad" have increased their efforts to expose as broad a Western audience as possible to their jihad films, which purport to document the growing success of the mujahideen in Iraq and Afghanistan. As part of this endeavor, they have posted jihad films on popular free video-sharing websites such as YouTube, LiveLeak, and Google Video, hoping that such films will tip public opinion in the West against the war in Iraq and Afghanistan - thus pressuring Western governments to withdraw their troops from these countries.

As part of the campaign to foster anti-war sentiment among Westerners, and more specifically among Americans, a member of the Al-Mohajroon Islamist website with the username Al-Wathiq Billah instructed mujahideen in how to infiltrate popular American forums and to use them to distribute jihad films and spread disinformation about the war.

The following are excerpts: [1]

"Raiding American Forums is Among the Most Important Means of Obtaining Victory in the Fierce Media War? and of Influencing the Views of the Weak-Minded American"

"There is no doubt, my brothers, that raiding American forums is among the most important means of obtaining victory in the fierce media war... and of influencing the views of the weak-minded American who pays his taxes so they will go to the infidel American army. This American is an idiot and does not [even] know where Iraq is... [It is therefore] mandatory for every electronic mujahid [to engage in this raiding]."

"It is better that you raid non-political forums such as music forums and trivia forums... which American people... favor... Define your target[ed forum]... and get to know it well... Post your contribution and do not get into... futile arguments..."

Indicate You Are an American

"Obviously, you have to register yourself using a purely American name... Choose an icon that indicates that you are an American, and place it next to your nickname [in the forum]."

"In my experience, the areas most visited in American forums... [are titled] 'Random Thoughts' and 'What's going on in your mind?'... [The former] takes priority in the American forums, and is highly popular. You should post your contribution there... This should include films of the mujahideen in Iraq, mujahideen publications in English, and images and films of the Americans' crimes, [such as] killing unarmed civilians in Iraq... etc."

"Invent Stories About American Soldiers You Have [Allegedly] Personally Known"

"Obviously, you should post your contribution... as an American... You should correspond with visitors to this forum, the frustrating situation of their troops in Iraq... You should invent stories about American soldiers you have [allegedly] personally known (as classmates... or members in a club who played baseball and tennis with you) who were drafted to Iraq and then committed suicide while in service by hanging or shooting themselves..."

"Also, write using a sad tone, and tell them that you feel sorry for your [female] neighbor or co-worker who became addicted to alcohol or drugs... because her poor fianc?, a former soldier in Iraq, was paralyzed or [because] his legs were amputated... [Use any story] which will break their spirits, oh brave fighter for the sake of God..."

[B]How to Make Americans Feel Frustrated With Their Government

"You should enter into debate or respond only if it is extremely necessary... Your concern should [only] be introducing topics which... will cause [them to feel] frustration and anger towards their government..., which will... render them hostile to Bush... and his Republican Party and make them feel they must vote ton bring the troops back from Iraq as soon as possible."

"Do not... discuss issues pertaining to Arabs or Muslims at all, whether negatively or positively... because this could be a trap for you... In addition, do not ask people to circulate the material [you have posted] in other forums... as these types of requests will expose you..."

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-20-2007, 07:38 AM
All of the posts by Ralph the Troll in the Porter and Levi thread are now starting to make sense. He's actually part of the Mujahideen. Matter of fact, I think all Bengals fans are!

Seriously, thanks for enlightening us w/this post LLT. It definitely is something worth keeping an eye out for. I mean, according to the article, we are just 'weak-minded Americans'!

I think we have become a society of lemings...easily pursuaded by percieved news blurps and group mentality

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
That seems like cheating really.

I cannot beleive these fundamentalist Islamists are playing dirty by launching an underhand media campaign to sway opinion away from a country that has invaded them.

What happened to the days when countries would do things the old fashioned way? - get your troops together and invade your enemy - pillage, rape, imprison illegally...thats the stuff of real men.

We can only thank American Intelligence for shining a light on the despicable, manipulative world of the fundamentalist Muslim.

One only hopes that America itself, would never stoop so low as to release war related mis-information and proganda.

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 07:46 AM
I think we have become a society of lemings...easily pursuaded by percieved news blurps and group mentality

I think you are right.

Question EVERYTHING.

SteelCzar76
03-20-2007, 07:54 AM
I think you are right.

Question EVERYTHING.

I knew it,.... I knew it Pats ! There was always more to you than just simply 'Pie and Chips'. Go ahead and admit it,.....your here to undermine American 'authora Ty' ain't ya ?!

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 07:59 AM
I knew it,.... I knew it Pats ! There was always more to you than just simply 'Pie and Chips'. Go ahead and admit it,.....your here to undermine American 'authora Ty' ain't ya ?!

Good sir.

I have been clearly instructed not to enter into debate on these matters.

I have stated my position - it is only a matter of time before everyone who reads my posts becomes more and more convinced by its validity.

You have about 34 mins before you are one of us. :wink02:

SteelCzar76
03-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Good sir.

I have stated my position - it is only a matter of time before everyone who reads my posts becomes more and more convinced by its validity.

(Good ole boy voice:)

'Now you just wait a minute buddy" "I don't participate in no Ishkabibilism":sofunny: :sofunny:

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 08:08 AM
(Good ole boy voice:)

'Now you just wait a minute buddy" "I don't participate in no Ishkabibilism":sofunny: :sofunny:

:sofunny: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

HometownGal
03-20-2007, 09:23 AM

Sad, but true, though I'm not personally persuaded by media outlets of any kind or a bunch of turban topped wahoos. :propeller

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Good sir.

Don't know about him questioning American authority... but I will say he's trying to question the STEELERS authority...:bouncy:

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 11:41 AM
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/deputycartman.jpg

RESPECT MAH AH-THOR-AH-TAY!

Suitanim
03-20-2007, 06:36 PM
There was actually a piece in my local paper last weekend about a soldier in Iraq who blogs who supports the war he's fighting. I was pretty shocked, because my local paper only reports the negatives from Iraq. Here is a link to the story and also to the blog.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
If you live in a Utopian dreamworld of peace love and flowers, you should not educate yourself by reading further! Your delusions and fantasies could be shattered...

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/16924349.htm?template=contentModules/printstory.jsp

A modern war journal
Blogging soldier posts from the combat zone
Ravenna High School graduate chronicles opinions, observations overseas
By Jim Carney
Beacon Journal staff writer

U.S. Army Sgt. Brandon White's war journal is not kept in his pocket or his duffel bag or his footlocker.

His observations are not scribbled on a notebook or in letters to home.

He arrived four years ago Monday to take part in the initial invasion of Iraq, and now he is in Afghanistan.

And what this soldier writes about what he has seen, felt and learned at war is posted on the Internet for all the world to read.

``I have been doing a great deal of thinking about this war, how support for it keeps slipping into nothingness lately,'' he wrote on his Web log (or blog) a few days before Christmas. ``I simply don't understand the rationale behind many of my fellow Americans' thinking.''

His blog can be found at www.gwot.us, which stands for Global War on Terror.

White is one of a new generation of warriors who have been writing about their experiences as bloggers.

White, a 25-year-old from Milton Township in Mahoning County, is a 2000 graduate of Ravenna High School.

He joined the Army right out of high school and served in Iraq from the outset of the war through February 2004 with the 101st Airborne -- The Screaming Eagles.

He was placed on active duty in the Individual Ready Reserve after he got out of the Army in June 2004 and the following year began attending Hiram College.

By Christmas, however, he got a letter from the Army, recalling him to service.

After six months of training, he arrived in Afghanistan with the 41st Brigade Combat Team in June 2006 and began blogging right away.

``My original intent with the blog was to simply keep my friends and family informed about my day-to-day routine and, in a less direct way, let them know I was still alive,'' he wrote in an e-mail to the Beacon Journal. ``I soon realized that my audience had quickly grown from simply my friends and family to people all around the U.S. and then people from around the world.''

White said there are many restrictions on blogging from a combat zone.

``One of which is having my blog posts reviewed by my command before they are posted,'' he wrote. ``This ensures that I am not inadvertently giving my enemy too much information.''

White's wife, Ashlee White, 22, who is learning to become a veterinary assistant, can instantly find out what her husband is up to by clicking onto his Web site.

She said her husband's blog is a great way for people to view the war through a soldier's eyes.

She said she thinks her husband wants to let the American people know of the sacrifices that he and his fellow soldiers, as well as their families, make every day.

``The war on terror isn't just in Iraq and Afghanistan; it's all around the world,'' she said.

On Sept. 11, 2006, White posted this:

``Today marks the 5th anniversary of the September 11th attacks made on our country. In many ways, September 11th, 2001, is the `first space shuttle launch' of my generation. No other event in my lifetime has had such a profound impact on not only my life but my memory as well.''

In January, he weighed in on the the milestone of 3,000 U.S. deaths in Iraq.

``Although many like to complain about the monetary price of a free Iraq, let's not forget the human price. Yesterday marked the 3000th U.S. service member death in this war. The cost of freedom has always been high, paid with the blood, sweat and tears of your sons and daughters.

``Do not let this sobering reminder dissuade your opinion on whether this war is right or wrong, rather, let this number be your strength, determination and resolve. `Is it worth it?' you may ask yourself. This veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan says, `Yes.' Many of my brothers and sisters in uniform agree. If you believe in your freedom fighters' mission, you believe in them. Many of these great American heroes went to their grave believing in what they were doing with all of their heart and might; honor them by believing in them.''

On Feb. 18, he wrote a long poem titled The Reality of War.

It was about the journey of soldiers from childhood to adulthood and warfare in the military:

He was that tiny baby, who stared in bright-eyed wonder

Into his mother's eyes, the blanket of security that he was under.

He was that young man, who always made you smile;

You wonder what became of him, you haven't seen him in a while.

The poem finished with:

That kid who meant so little to many, yet so much to a few;

His life was cut short, and it was still very new.

That boy who used to be in your life, and whose fate you will not allow;

Oh him, that guy. He's gone now.

White used his blog to explain what motivated him to write the poem. He said his emotions ranged from anger to sorrow and everything in between at the time.

``Many of my fellow Americans feel that this war is distant, that it concerns them none,'' he said. ``Heck, they don't even know anyone in the service or haven't even had a family member in the service in all of the generations. This poem shows them that they have known someone in the service, whether they realize it or not.''

He said the poem's message was to make clear the sacrifices made by troops and their families.

``The reality of war is ugly, and I've always been a direct kind of guy, so there you have it. Have faith in the mission of your troops.''

Recently, he posted an entry about the poppy fields in Afghanistan and another about the children of Afghanistan that included a photograph:

``Who are these rag-tag bunch of misfits? These are the real intel gatherers, the eyes and ears of any given village in the land. Just to make it clear: We do not employ children for this purpose; it is too dangerous for them. With that said, I have no doubt that our enemy does, and with that knowledge, it is a good idea for us troops to befriend these kids (this is easily accomplished with the aid of some candy and bottles of water).''

White wrote about the children crowding around his Humvee to look at the equipment.

``Within minutes, all four door windows had faces pressed to the glass, peering in, no doubt fascinated by all the gear and gizmos,'' he wrote. ``One of them spotted the bag of Tootsie Rolls stashed next to a seat. Knocking on glass commenced, as well as finger-pointing to the bag, along with numerous `mista mistas.' In the interest of silence, I grabbed the bag, gave it to the gunner and he dispensed the contents. I was then left in peace to scan the horizon for any enemy activity.''

White said he will pursue his education when his tour ends this summer.

He said since he has been writing his blog, he is leaning toward a major ``more suited to my writing ability.''

Some of his offerings have appeared on Doonesbury creator Garry Trudeau's Web site of blog postings from troops serving in Iraq and Afghanistan called The Sandbox at http://gocomics.typepad.com/the_sandbox.

Nearly 6,600 people have visited White's Web site since mid-December.

``It is great to be able to read about his thoughts, feelings and what he's been up to,'' his wife said.

``By reading the stories, it allows for me to feel like I'm by his side.

``It is important for us to feel involved in each other's lives, even when we're thousands of miles apart.''

Mosca
03-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Funny, I don't think I've ever seen anyones' opinion on anything changed by what they've read on an internet forum.

All I've ever seen is opinions get harder and harder as people argue. Another instance of Middle Easterners not understanding the American mind.

Tom

verks36
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Wow those towelheads think we are pretty dumb. How funny would it be if some random muslim started posting that same exact stuff in are forum we would know it was him instantly. Plus i bet there is a muslim out there looking to do that to are forum and sees this post and is like dang they found out...LOL

http://arabic.cnn.com/2004/middle_east/8/5/saudia.election/story.saudi.king.fahad.jpg~1073939237370264300.jpg

This is my DAD.............NOT

SteelCzar76
03-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Funny, I don't think I've ever seen anyones' opinion on anything changed by what they've read on an internet forum.

All I've ever seen is opinions get harder and harder as people argue. Another instance of Middle Easterners not understanding the American mind.

Tom

Well said Mosca. (Dramatic pause) But possibly at the expense of the great amount of intellectualism on the part of you and Suit,.... i prefer the comfort of the simplicity of the 'bottom line'.
Which is,........"America,.......f##k yeah" LOL

Suitanim
03-20-2007, 07:24 PM
That's exactly why you should check out Sgt. Brandon White's blog. He's the classic "everyman", and a great example of the kind of soldier we have fighting in Iraq. Intelligent, informed, dedicated, with a great sense of duty and integrity. This kid is no baby-killer, and he has one advantage over all of us: He's actually there.

tony hipchest
03-23-2007, 07:16 PM
hmmmm. i still find it fishy. a day after this thread is started, this thread (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15815) pops up, tugging at the heartstrings we have for our steelers.

:chuckle:

BettisFan
03-23-2007, 07:29 PM
g-d dang islams always tryign to take over something now the internet!!!!

Mosca
03-24-2007, 09:29 AM
The idea is to get those that don't have an opinion of their own.

LOL, as soon as I've found one....

And SteelCzar76, every time I start feeling a little too smart someone comes along and punctures my balloon. In the end I'm just another guy with a keyboard and an opinion. No matter how many words anyone uses, it still only boils down to one thought.

Tom