PDA

View Full Version : waves shyly

Kittyfish
03-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say "hi". I am a johnny-come-lately football fan - didn't see the big deal about football until 2001, when my mother-in-law asked me to keep an eye on a Packers game she was unable to watch. For some reason, I was finally able to see the excitement and beauty of the game that day, and started following the Steelers and football in general when Tommy Maddox had a good year (and then unfortunately crashed and burned) - 2002?

Never mind that my father was a huge sports fan (all sports) and followed the Redskins religiously. Unfortunately, he died Christmas 2001 and he is no longer around to answer all my questions, give his opinions and teach me about the game. I look forward to learning more from all of you, and reading your opinions in his stead. My husband is not a sports fan in particular - I am the fan in the household.

I doubt I will be posting much, as I am not very knowledgable about the subtleties of football, though I am trying hard to learn! Even Football for Dummies and the Idiot's Guide to Football have so much information it is hard to process it all - guess I rank below a dummy/idiot. Is there a "really stupid questions" thread anywhere around here? I daresay I will have a few...

Though I have mentioned the Packers and the Redskins in my ramblings so far, rest assured I am a STEELERS FAN and try to never miss a game. My son doesn't like to be in the same room with me when I watch a game as I tend to get rather, um, enthusiastic, though I am generally fairly a low-key sort. Being a fan has added a lot of stress in my life that I didn't have before, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Off to start reading...

steelerbackr4life
03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the board post all you like. Dont be afraid of lack of knowledge there is always the very real possibilty of a Bungle fan coming in and making even the least knowledgeable fan feel like a rocket scientist!

verks36
03-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Feel free to ask stupid question i can assure you willl get you question anserwed without being made fun of. This is a great steeler community with a common theme a love for da stillers. So as long as you love the steelers you are fine.

WELCOME TO SAN Francisco
JK STEELERS FEVER

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Like the other guys said - feel free to ask any football related question on the forum or if you don't want to do that feel free to pick one of the Mods - myself, HometownGal or Steelcityman786 and PM (privatel message) us.

:cheers:

polamalufan43
03-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Welcome to Sf, Enjoy:cheers:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelShooter
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey There Kitty!

:whatnow: Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ....................and did I say "Hey There!" :whatnow:

Kittyfish
03-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Hee, SteelShooter - I REALLY feel welcome now! Thanks!

Elvis
04-02-2007, 11:58 AM
:hug: :wave: Welcome home Kitty.. good to have ya and look forward to reading your post and answering any questions that ya have. May God Bless You Always..
Jesus Saves
Elvis

steel4me88
04-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome! Don't feel bad about not knowing to much the more you watch the more you will pick up. Before long you will know every thing there is to know :)

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Welcome aboard.

HometownGal
04-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Welcome to SF.

YAY! (lol)....:smile: