PDA

View Full Version : IF Maddox went to the Bears...

TasmanianTroy271
08-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Ok, I've heard a couple places saying that the Bears are looking at Tommy, but if we were to do this, who should we do it for? I don't know much about the Bears roster, or maybe draft picks? what do you guys think?

clevestinks
08-28-2005, 01:23 PM
I think this would be a stupid move on our part. Ben has not played well, and he needs Tommy as a mentor. Also we may need Tommy as a qb.

TasmanianTroy271
08-28-2005, 02:07 PM
I know it wouldnt be a good move, i'm saying IF we did trade, what should we do it for? a veteran RB? draft pick? a CB? that's what I mean.

LambertIsGod58
08-28-2005, 02:13 PM
Trade for Thomas Jones...But, I think that Parker will suffice. I think we should leave well enough alone.

bengalsfan21
08-28-2005, 03:02 PM
They wanted Kitna right after Rex went down, I think they will just about give anything up for a veteran QB...They are unsure of Grossmans abilities and they know hutchinson isn't worth anything......It will be interesting to see who they end up with...They signed Jeff Blake for crying out loud, and if he ends up beating out Hutchinson everyone will know they have qb problems.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2005, 07:54 PM
Tommy won't go anywhere.. the Steelers are not going to go into this season w/ expectations this high.. and have our backups be a guy who hasnt taken an nfl regular season game snap in almost 3 years(batch) and guy who has almost never taken one (bsp).

Prosdo
08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I don't think the Steelers would give them Maddox. If they would trade a QB I think it would be Batch.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2005, 12:10 AM
I agree.. even though the press thinks BSP will be the one to be released, Im still thinking it will be batch, it just makes more sense. IMO

Prosdo
08-29-2005, 01:13 AM
I agree with you Blitz. I rather see them trade Batch and maybe get something for him. Not sure what all they would get. I think right now BSP makes more sense at the number 3 spot.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Batch will be FA after this year, so if we're gonna do it, now is the time.. although I think the highest we could get for him would be a 4th round pick.. But I'd take it!

pitt
08-29-2005, 10:48 AM
We need Tommy. Let the Bears look somewhere else.

Steel - X
08-29-2005, 11:02 AM
:jammin: Tommy gun has to stay.

SteelR1
08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
I dont think we should trade Tommy to anybody, although I also think he would do pretty good in Chicago...

Big Ben certainly needs him behind him!!

melroseplace
08-29-2005, 12:34 PM
I agree that we should hang on to BSP and try to get something for Batch...hm, I guess we'll see

RoethlisBURGHer
08-29-2005, 01:05 PM
IF we were to trade him,I'd want thier 1st round pick...but if they refused to give it up...I'd take thier second rounder.They really don't have anyone I'd want...besides Urlacher and they ain't giving him up.

I'd much rather ditch Batch.They know him well enough,he played in thier division (Lions).

bengalsfan21
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
IF we were to trade him,I'd want thier 1st round pick...but if they refused to give it up...I'd take thier second rounder.They really don't have anyone I'd want...besides Urlacher and they ain't giving him up.

I'd much rather ditch Batch.They know him well enough,he played in thier division (Lions).

A 1st or 2nd rounder for Batch? a 4th even? come on he is not worth it maybe a 6th or 7th....They can go other places and find a QB better then Batch...Drew Henson is a back up and I am sure if the right offer came the Cowboys would trade, or they could even trade away Drew Bledsoe...That is just an example of the better talent out there that could be traded...Not to mention thay already have Jeff Blake, he is just as good as Batch if not better.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-29-2005, 03:47 PM
A 1st or 2nd rounder for Batch? a 4th even? come on he is not worth it maybe a 6th or 7th....They can go other places and find a QB better then Batch...Drew Henson is a back up and I am sure if the right offer came the Cowboys would trade, or they could even trade away Drew Bledsoe...That is just an example of the better talent out there that could be traded...Not to mention thay already have Jeff Blake, he is just as good as Batch if not better.

No BF21,a 1st or 2nd for Tommy...Batch might get you a 5th if the team is desperate enough.

clevestinks
08-29-2005, 04:46 PM
Screw Chicago. They can have Batch for a draft pick thats it.

bengalsfan21
08-29-2005, 06:05 PM
No BF21,a 1st or 2nd for Tommy...Batch might get you a 5th if the team is desperate enough.

:D my mistake, but I see Chicago sticking with what they have.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-30-2005, 11:28 AM
:D my mistake, but I see Chicago sticking with what they have.

LOL,it's cool BF21.Kyle Orton has looked good all preseason...maybe Grossman might find himself a permanent spot on the pine behind Orton.

LambertIsGod58
08-30-2005, 11:47 AM
I hate to say this, but Tommy Maddox is not worth a 1st or 2nd round pick. It's great to be a fan, but the NFL is a business. And Tommy Maddox was out of it for TEN YEARS! I don't think he's achieved any other success in Pittsburgh other than being a better option than Kordell. Which isn't saying all too much. Kordell had one good year.

atlsteelers
08-30-2005, 09:05 PM
i heard the ratbirds where interested in the tommy gun they are giving kyle boller two games to pull his shit together, the ratbirds are a veteran team and the need a good quarterback. the veterans have approached newsome and billichick about aquiring a veteran qb, deion is talking about walking away if boller stinks it about early. there is some real truth to this. i.e. primetimes big mouth