PDA

View Full Version : adam archuleta to the bears

tony hipchest
03-20-2007, 07:02 PM
for a conditional 6th round pick. i think if he was cut by the redskins he was gonna count in 9 mil dead money against the cap. nfl network says he restructured his deal to lessen the blow. now he reunites with lovie smith.

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Interesting move - he was signed by the Redskins for such big money yet its hard to work out exactly what he is good at.

As far as I can tell he is a safety who is good close to the LOS but terrible in coverage, but then i've also heard that he isnt great at tackling either.

He sounds like a heavier older Cato June - in fact June might make a better safety.

Best I can guess, is that he piggy backd a reputation from playing on one of the most talented teams in recent times - the St Louis Rams of the early 2000's.

verks36
03-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Wow the redskins sighned him for such big money and then realease him the next year WTF.

I have always been a archelta fan he hits hard and is always around the ball. BUt he is terrible in coverage. I quess reuniting with Lovie will work well for him

ChronoCross
03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Wow the redskins sighned him for such big money and then realease him the next year WTF.

I have always been a archelta fan he hits hard and is always around the ball. BUt he is terrible in coverage. I quess reuniting with Lovie will work well for him

They signed him for big money and he warmed the pine a lot.

tony hipchest
03-20-2007, 07:52 PM
he never even really lived up to the rams expectations, but then again, neither did trung candidate. while mike brown is injury prone, and a 6th round pick is pretty cheap i really wanna see what adam will be making. giving him good money while playing tightwad with briggs isnt the best move.

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 08:02 PM
If I had to guess I would say $8.1million over 3 years with...oooooooo...approximately $5million in guaranteed money.

The deal will be condusive to rebuilding his shattered reputation - and lets face it if you wanted to play on the D of any NFC team next year it would be the Bears.

With all the athletic talent around him they can afford to play him very specific rols and situations - ones that make him look better than he probably is.

The draft pick is a 'conditional' 6th for this years draft - that condition would be his fitness I presume?

tony hipchest
03-20-2007, 08:36 PM
If I had to guess I would say $8.1million over 3 years with...oooooooo...approximately $5million in guaranteed money.

The draft pick is a 'conditional' 6th for this years draft - that condition would be his fitness I presume?thats definitely more in line with 'bears money" ass opposed to the "grasping at straws" redskin $$$.

i think the condition of the pick would favor the redskins. it probably moves up the more adam contributes. i doubt it would drop to a 7th if hes fat and out of shape cause the bears are getting a fairly low risk deal as it is.

Livinginthe past
03-20-2007, 08:51 PM
thats definitely more in line with 'bears money" ass opposed to the "grasping at straws" redskin $$$.

i think the condition of the pick would favor the redskins. it probably moves up the more adam contributes. i doubt it would drop to a 7th if hes fat and out of shape cause the bears are getting a fairly low risk deal as it is.

It would be interesting to know what sort of conditions have to be met - the Bears were a little suscptible to the run last year - maybe thats why he is being brought in.

FeaR #83
03-20-2007, 09:01 PM
each passing year adam gets worse and even around such a talented defense such as the Bears in think his form will get further worse!

'Skins got of lightly if you ask me they would ave probably accepted a lot less

verks36
03-20-2007, 09:07 PM
At one time during 2000 he was considered on of the premire safteys in the league.

I just cant see how u can drop so fast when he isnt even that old...

He still has to have a little gas in the tank maybe 2 or 3 decent seasons

ChronoCross
03-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Well when Hester and Arch are both in the secondary, QBs know were to throw - We have found the weakest links.