PDA

View Full Version : New Browns Logo ( browns are retarted)

BettisFan
03-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Cleveland Browns yesterday unveiled a new logo that will be used on everything from game pants and jersey trim to company letterhead.

The team, which has used the color Cocoa Powder Brown as their logo since entering the league in 1946, said the transition to a new logo is meant to usher in a new era of Cleveland Browns football.

"It was time for a change," said Browns Owner Randolph Lerner. "Our logo, Cocoa Powder Brown, no longer truly reflects who we are as a franchise."

The Browns replaced the old logo(left side)
with this new one(right side) http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/MBell1992/cleveland_browns_logo.gif

The new logo, Chocolate Sprinkles Brown, was designed by New Image Solutions of Cleveland at a cost of $23,500, said Ken Mather, media relations manager. The company said a total of 10 employees were involved in its planning and design.

“Cocoa Powder Brown was a logo that certainly served the team well for the past 50 years, but I think we were all in agreement that it needed more attitude.” said New Image Solutions Creative Director Todd Bergen. “There really wasn’t anything wrong with it. I guess it just seemed like it could be a little more hip.”

Although everyone on the design team agreed the logo needed to be more contemporary-looking, agreeing on a new look wasn’t easy.

verks36
03-22-2007, 11:22 PM
haahah LOL wow

more from a poop stain brown to a dog poop stain brown

BettisFan
03-22-2007, 11:26 PM
ha LOL

MACH1
03-22-2007, 11:38 PM
I thought it would be something like this :poop:

BettisFan
03-22-2007, 11:47 PM
nice!!

touchdownward
03-23-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm sure all "real" Browns fans are elated. :wink02:

BettisFan
03-23-2007, 09:16 AM
yea

FeaR #83
03-23-2007, 09:26 AM
wow... that the most pointless logo change ever

memphissteelergirl
03-23-2007, 09:29 AM
It took over $20K and 10 people to come up with that??? Somebody in their Marketing office needs a :kick:

stlrtruck
03-23-2007, 12:36 PM
This is killing me. I could have given them some better ideas for half the price.

Like just fold up the team for good! I mean the team didn't win a Super Bowl until they moved to Baltimore. Maybe they can move to LA and win another one!!! LOL

steelerbackr4life
03-23-2007, 12:53 PM
that is awesome lol

meanjoecoop
03-23-2007, 08:49 PM
wtf?

Brownies better worry about more important things than the team color.

...like the upcoming draft maybe??? Sheesh.

BettisFan
03-23-2007, 09:29 PM
haa lol they are retarded

PAMillerGrrl83
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Brilliant just brilliant.

SteelShooter
03-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Dude....................is this for real? LMAO!!!!!!!!!

BOXCAR JOEY
03-24-2007, 12:44 AM
Cleveland Browns yesterday unveiled a new logo that will be used on everything from game pants and jersey trim to company letterhead.

The team, which has used the color Cocoa Powder Brown as their logo since entering the league in 1946, said the transition to a new logo is meant to usher in a new era of Cleveland Browns football.

"It was time for a change," said Browns Owner Randolph Lerner. "Our logo, Cocoa Powder Brown, no longer truly reflects who we are as a franchise."

with this new one(right side) http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u256/MBell1992/cleveland_browns_logo.gif

The new logo, Chocolate Sprinkles Brown, was designed by New Image Solutions of Cleveland at a cost of $23,500, said Ken Mather, media relations manager. The company said a total of 10 employees were involved in its planning and design.

?Cocoa Powder Brown was a logo that certainly served the team well for the past 50 years, but I think we were all in agreement that it needed more attitude.? said New Image Solutions Creative Director Todd Bergen. ?There really wasn?t anything wrong with it. I guess it just seemed like it could be a little more hip.?

Although everyone on the design team agreed the logo needed to be more contemporary-looking, agreeing on a new look wasn?t easy.

I always thought there colors were DOO DOO brown.

SteelerFanInCA
03-24-2007, 02:32 AM
My side is hurting from laughing so hard. :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
03-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Is this for real? Going to a lighter shade of Brown, and they consider this a change?

BettisFan
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
come one we already know how stupid the browns fanchise is

polamalufan43
03-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Is this for real? Going to a lighter shade of Brown, and they consider this a change?

It was either that or out of envy change to black and gold. But if they did that, people might mistake them for the Steelers, in that case they would have people cheering for them. And having a fan base would of course be to much of a burden for them.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

AvoidLlyod
03-24-2007, 05:07 PM
I remember reading this same article last off-season.

It wasn't real then, it's not real now.

stillers4me
03-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I remember reading this same article last off-season.

It wasn't real then, it's not real now.

ummmmm......I knew it was a joke.......

silver & black
03-25-2007, 10:15 AM

?Cocoa Powder Brown was a logo that certainly served the team well for the past 50 years, but I think we were all in agreement that it needed more attitude.? said New Image Solutions Creative Director Todd Bergen. ?There really wasn?t anything wrong with it. I guess it just seemed like it could be a little more hip.?

Although everyone on the design team agreed the logo needed to be more contemporary-looking, agreeing on a new look wasn?t easy.

Is this for real? If it is, I'm going to have a lot of fun with this at work! :toofunny: