PDA

View Full Version : Everyone is downing Willie, but Cowher is high on him...

BigBen2WardPITT
08-28-2005, 07:26 PM
alot of people here are downing willie parker, but i like the kid. He hasan't got alot of time out there so i cant judge him, but every time he comes in he looks good. He looked great at the skins game on that one play. He oplayed well in the game before against starters/ Cowher is really high on this guy, many reports have said he is. He really likes the kid. I trust Cowher too. We are a pure running team, and i think cowher knows when he sees talent. I have a feeling that Parker could have a breakout year. If not we gotta draft a RB in the first round of the draft. :D

Prosdo
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
I like Willie Parker as well. The only thing that bothers me is that our #1 and #2 backs may not be healthy. We know Duce isn't, but Bettis is up in the air. I have always wanted to see Parker get more snaps during the season. Maybe coming in to mix things up with Duce and Jerome. I must say I am nervous potentially going into a game with Parker, Haynes, and Herron.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Most of us are high on Willie,...he's got tons of speed, a big heart, and the desire is definatley there. All we are worried about is our bread n butter, our base offense being left in the hands of a relative unknown. For everything he has done awesome last year when he played in a few games, and in preseason, you have to be alittle concerened about the overall health of our RB's and of the inexperience of Willie.

Im pulling for him 110% and hope he blows everyone away each and every chance he gets...but we still need a big back, jerome/staley, etc to get those tough yards when u need em, a guy that can move the pile.

Prosdo
08-29-2005, 12:17 AM
That's the thing in my opinion. Say Willie does become the starter. We need a big back to compliment him. Right now behind him we have a draft pick with little experience Noah Herron and then we have Verron Haynes who seems to be slightly injuried.

Koopa
08-29-2005, 12:21 AM
to me willie is freakin crucial, i love underdog stories and he's gonna be one i can feel it. in madden 06 i made him my starting back he's fast but sucks in the game if i get bored i just might have to supe him up a little. i hope he starts at least one or two games, we all saw what he could do when he had second string line men blocking for him running against a very good defense that was fighting for their playoff lives last year. i think he was the only back all season to rush for over 100 yards on the bills last year. willie will shut all them haters up, por favor believe it

RoethlisBURGHer
08-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Williw Parker is the fucking future at RB for this team.I love him,and so does my grandpa.

clevestinks
08-29-2005, 03:51 PM
I don`t know how people could be down on him. All he does is gain yards every time he plays.

SteelerFanInATL
08-29-2005, 04:10 PM
Willie P. is going to do great things for the Steelers. Opertunity is knocking and he is going thru loud and proud. Look out Duce, this is your potential replacement. Overall the backfield has never looked this good and deep. Just goes to show what good scouting can do.

Avoid LLoyd1975
08-30-2005, 01:24 PM
I agree with Roethlisburgher. Damn bro tell us how you really feel....I like your reply. I like this kid alot. Hopefully the coaching staff puts him in the right position to succeed.

Stlrs4Life
08-30-2005, 07:34 PM
I'm not downing Willie Parker. He's going to be 1 good RB for us!

atlsteelers
08-30-2005, 07:56 PM
I Love Willie Parker. The dude is awesome, reminds me of barry sanders..while not quite...but who has not dreamed of having a running back with break away speed. do not get me wrong i love watching jerome putting his head down and just bulldozing someone, but i can already see that flash of black and gold shooting through the defensiive backfield..all the way to detriot!

Suitanim
08-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Parker suffered in a college system that didn't make the best use of him. The knocks on him are his ability to block and pick up the blitz (which he worked on extensively in the offseason), and his pass catching ability. I saw him drop a couple balls in training camp, but he has definitely improved his blocking ability. He also gained some weight.

That's another thing. 5'10' and 210 ain't all that small. Barry Sanders and Barry Foster are 2 guys who come to mind when I think of that kind of size...

bengalsfan21
08-31-2005, 07:07 PM
I hope he does something good I took him in the 14th round in my keepers league, hopefully he is your future then I will have him for life.

bigbensgirl7
08-31-2005, 07:20 PM
I think he'll fill in fine when the Bus and Staley are out...however, I want them back when they are ready.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2005, 08:08 PM
I just picked him up as a FA in 2 of my leagues.. so yeah, Im hoping he's got some good stuff this year too.

shevdog
09-01-2005, 10:55 AM
alot of people here are downing willie parker, but i like the kid. He hasan't got alot of time out there so i cant judge him, but every time he comes in he looks good. He looked great at the skins game on that one play. He oplayed well in the game before against starters/ Cowher is really high on this guy, many reports have said he is. He really likes the kid. I trust Cowher too. We are a pure running team, and i think cowher knows when he sees talent. I have a feeling that Parker could have a breakout year. If not we gotta draft a RB in the first round of the draft. :D

Willie Parker has always inpressed me with the Steelers. He kicked some serious tail in week 17 agaist the Bills. I think if the Steelers invest more play time and develop him, he is the half back to replace the Bus next year. It would be foolish to not have him out on the field during the regular season this year.

Prosdo
09-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Willie Parker has always inpressed me with the Steelers. He kicked some serious tail in week 17 agaist the Bills. I think if the Steelers invest more play time and develop him, he is the half back to replace the Bus next year. It would be foolish to not have him out on the field during the regular season this year.

I agree. I think he definitely needs more time on the field. I'm pretty sure this is the Bus's last year as you said. It would be a good thing to give this guy some more carries in a game in my opinion.

Steel - X
09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
If/when Bettis leaves which i am 99.9% sure this will be his last year who can you count on to run the rock? Staley? To me he is not the answer he is a injury prone third down back at best in my opinion. Give the ball to Parker and Bettis (when he comes back) leave Staley out of the mix and hope you have something in Parker. I am not saying he is the next coming of Emmit or Sander or Brown or Payton but who is left after the Bus retires? Give the guy some reps see if he can make it in this league so you dont have to waste time in the offseason on another back for next year if you do not have to. Just my .02!

Suitanim
09-01-2005, 04:39 PM
We'll be drafting RB next year 1st round, almost undoubtedly.

Prosdo
09-01-2005, 11:39 PM
During the offseason we will either pick up a good FA RB or take one within the first three rounds of the draft. I think Willie Parker will be either the #1 or #2 guy next year. Should be interesting to see who we get next year.

clevestinks
09-03-2005, 08:23 AM

Against the Bills, we used a second string offesive line! Against the Bills strong first team defense. This was a Bills team that had to win to get into the playoffs. And Willie responded. He is the back of the future, i think anyway. Good points Shevdog.

Prosdo
09-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Nice quote by Ben Roethlisberger

Said QB Ben Roethlisberger, "It's hard for me when I hand the ball off to Willie to carry out my fake because I want to turn around and see what kind of magic he's going to pull out."

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/home.htm

clevestinks
09-04-2005, 07:46 AM
Nice quote by Ben Roethlisberger

Said QB Ben Roethlisberger, "It's hard for me when I hand the ball off to Willie to carry out my fake because I want to turn around and see what kind of magic he's going to pull out."

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/home.htm

If Ben has confidence in him , then so do I. I really like Willie Parker anyway.

Nice qoute from Ben, Prosdo.

bigbensgirl7
09-04-2005, 07:49 AM
Love the quote Prosdo...Willie does make things happen when he's on the field and is very exciting to watch!

atlsteelers
09-04-2005, 10:58 AM
i have got willie on three of my fantasy football teams, i got lucky in the last draft, i picked right before my brother could draft him. bettis and staley were picked before "The Legend Willie Parker"

clevestinks
09-04-2005, 12:02 PM
" The Legend of Willie Parker" ??????

I`m liking it, but we will have to take a wait and see approach. If and when he plays well. Cowher better let him play. I cant stand the " A player cant lose his position due to an injury" unwritten rule.
Ben took over for Tommy after an injury and kept the job. Give me the best player for the job.

Prosdo
09-04-2005, 01:20 PM
" The Legend of Willie Parker" ??????

I`m liking it, but we will have to take a wait and see approach. If and when he plays well. Cowher better let him play. I cant stand the " A player cant lose his position due to an injury" unwritten rule.
Ben took over for Tommy after an injury and kept the job. Give me the best player for the job.

Has a nice ring to it. I agree Cleve. I really would like to see what Willie can do. I think it would also be interesting to see him be part of that #1 and #2 mix up. Having one of the bigger powerful backs then having elusive fast Willie in there. Might provide to be a nice 1 2 punch.

Koopa
09-04-2005, 01:49 PM
well bettis said he don't want to be the starting back and carry a the ball a lot, so if willie does good we won't have to worry about bettis takin over cause i'm sure he'll tell cowher or someone to roll with it, and since duce ain't ever healthy we won't have to worry about him takin the job anytime soon. so i hope willie runs all over the titans sunday and shows the world that he's for real.

clevestinks
09-05-2005, 08:00 AM
I agree with Bettis , I dont want to see him as our no. 1 back either. Parker must come up huge.

Koopa
09-05-2005, 02:28 PM
i think willie is ready for the challenge and will live up to the little hype we are kind of putting on him here. with our o-line and his speed it'll be hard for him not to do good.

redst3
09-05-2005, 07:26 PM
(in talking about underdogs and Willie Parker) the name of his High School team at Clinton, NC is the "dark horses." Is that great or what?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-05-2005, 09:50 PM
I agree with Bettis , I dont want to see him as our no. 1 back either. Parker must come up huge.

Absolutely!! Jerome wants to compliment our offense, be the short yardage and goal line guy. BUT he knows he may be called upon to do more so when he's healthy if the running game is sputtering they will most definatley stick him back in as the starter.

Black-n-Gold
09-05-2005, 09:52 PM
I was worried last year when Duce went down, but what an amazing year Bettis had. I'm sure he'll perform if called upon, hopefully Duce stays healthy takes care of business.

Koopa
09-05-2005, 09:56 PM
well first he gots to get healthy to stay healthy, it seems like he'll never be but hopefully he can get better, so him and willie can be a great one two punch.