PDA

View Full Version : Cowher - Future in football still undetermined

Atlanta Dan
03-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Excerpts from Cowher speaking to high school football coaches - not stop the presses news but this is not exactly the peak of football season so read on if you are interested:

He hinted he might be interested in coaching again after his daughter finishes high school.
"I'll be there (with her) next year as well, this time next year," Cowher said. "I can tell you I will not take any jobs. I know there will be some offers."

He said he wasn't sure he would miss coaching during the season.
"I don't miss this time of year because Pittsburgh never signed any free agents anyway," he said.

Cowher said he needed to get better at golf and then joked that being at home with just his wife might make him want to get back to coaching.

Coach - that last "joke" is going to cost you some new furniture or some serious jewelry:smile:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_499285.html

Sounds like Cowher was enjoying himself.

tony hipchest
03-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Cowher said he needed to get better at golf and then joked that being at home with just his wife might make him want to get back to coaching.

Coach - that last "joke" is going to cost you some new furniture or some serious jewelry:smile:

:footinmou :dang: although him leaving was obviously a money issue an probably power play, its not like he left chump change on the table. its seeming more and more like the "family" excuse wasnt just lip service. sure hes still gonna find little things to do during the day to occupy some time but it seems like this time away is truly important to him.

im thinking him seeing what happened with andy reids sons just reinforced his decision.

HometownGal
03-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Excerpts from Cowher speaking to high school football coaches - not stop the presses news but this is not exactly the peak of football season so read on if you are interested:

He hinted he might be interested in coaching again after his daughter finishes high school.
"I'll be there (with her) next year as well, this time next year," Cowher said. "I can tell you I will not take any jobs. I know there will be some offers."

"I don't miss this time of year because Pittsburgh never signed any free agents anyway," he said.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/breaking/s_499285.html

Sounds like Cowher was enjoying himself.

How DARE Bill Cowher enjoy himself. First - a reality series with a trip down NASCAR Lane and now taking a playful jab at Kaye. Why-------- the nerve! :sofunny:

Thanks for the read, Dan. :thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Thank you Tribune-Review....

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i60/munchkin_2/Beat_Dead_HorseSanitysBlog.jpg

noto45
03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
can we take all the joey and cowher posts and create a new forum called " Insert whatever regurgetated post comment you want here" PLEASE NO MORE JOEY OR COHWER posts. They are GONE lets move on and focus on the 07 Steelers!

Atlanta Dan
03-23-2007, 07:51 PM
A modest proposal - If you do not want to read the subject matter identified in the post then do not open the thread

NM

BettisFan
03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
wow interesting

HometownGal
03-23-2007, 07:57 PM
can we take all the joey and cowher posts and create a new forum called " Insert whatever regurgetated post comment you want here" PLEASE NO MORE JOEY OR COHWER posts. They are GONE lets move on and focus on the 07 Steelers!

Aww c'mon noto - it's the offseason. :smile: I think Dan's advice above is solid. As long as people don't go overboard with the Cowher and Peezy threads, I don't see the problem.

GBMelBlount
03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
A modest proposal - If you do not want to read the subject matter identified in the post then do not open the thread

NM

Is that possible?:sofunny:

The Duke
03-23-2007, 11:51 PM

Why not, Once a steeler always a steeler

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-24-2007, 12:18 AM
what about post on KUHN??????

83-Steelers-43
03-24-2007, 05:05 AM
I would like to apologize to the Tribune Review and horse lovers everywhere for putting up that mean picture. It was a very cruel joke and completely uncalled for. The Tribune Review does not deserve that type of treatment.

My sincerest apologies,

83-Steelers-43

:rolleyes:

Stlrs4Life
03-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't know if this was already posted, found it on another site:

Posted: Friday March 23, 2007 2:22PM

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher still loves talking about the nitty gritty of football, but it's hard to get away from what people really want to know.

Cowher, who resigned in February after 15 seasons and a Super Bowl victory, talked Friday to high school coaches at a clinic at the University of Tennessee. After speaking more than 30 minutes, one of the clinic participants asked him about his future.

Cowher, who turns 50 in May, said he wanted to spend more time with his youngest daughter, who is a sophomore in high school, and his wife at their home in Raleigh, N.C. His other two daughters are in college.

Other than that he said he didn't have "a set plan."

"It was a great part of my life. I'm ready for something new," he said. "I love talking about football."

Cowher has signed on to be an analyst on CBS' Sunday "The NFL Today" studio show.

Cowher took other questions from coaches but didn't speak to reporters.

Cowher was a guest of Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer, whose staff also listened to Cowher's speech at the clinic.

Cowher told a story about cleaning out his desk in Pittsburgh and finding notes he made in 1992 when he was first hired. He had a list of candidates for some staff positions, including Fulmer as an offensive line coach. At the same time, Fulmer was promoted to head coach at Tennessee.

"So much for that guy," Cowher joked.

Does anybody else take sentiment to that statenet in red like me? Or am I taking it the wrong way?

If he meant in the way I think he did, so much for him.

ChronoCross
03-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Kinda already a subject on the same subject;

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15861

PisnNapalm
03-24-2007, 10:08 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. The Steelers never do much during free agency. Nothing he said there bothers me.

fansince'76
03-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Nothing to get mad about there - it's the truth. FA is overrated - just ask the Redskins.

HometownGal
03-25-2007, 05:26 AM
I combined this thread with Dan's thread. :smile: