PDA

View Full Version : Activist to zoo: Wrong to save baby polar bear

tony hipchest
03-24-2007, 06:22 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17703212/

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/polarbear.jpg

Updated: 8:16 a.m. MT March 20, 2007
BERLIN - Berlin Zoo's abandoned polar bear cub Knut looks cute, cuddly and has become a front-page media darling, but an animal rights activist insists it was wrong to intervene and save the cub.

"Feeding by hand is not species-appropriate but a gross violation of animal protection laws," animal rights activist Frank Albrecht was quoted as saying by the mass-circulation Bild daily, which has featured regular photo spreads tracking fuzzy Knut's frolicking.

"The zoo must kill the bear."

BettisFan
03-24-2007, 06:49 PM
omg this is horrible how could anyoen let it die raise it until its to the age where it can live on its own in the wild!! why kill this cute innocent animal

FeaR #83
03-24-2007, 07:02 PM
this is ridiculous...

i thought activists were all for saving animals, no make up on monkeys and that shit why let such an awesome cub die

its plain insane! they need to be shot the activists

Suitanim
03-24-2007, 07:04 PM
This isn't much different from the US Congress...if you let a bunch of liberals have their way, they'll not only **** everything up, they'll also continue to **** it up more through infighting over which illogical stupid "solution" should be employed.

Kill a baby Polar Bear? Jesus...

FeaR #83
03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
lol bottom of the article, they suddenly changed their tune and now DONT want the cub to be killed

idiots!

stillers4me
03-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Guaranteed to make you smile.......video of da baby bear........awwwwwwwww!!! http://tinyurl.com/24p7dh

I agree.......shoot the activists!!

PAMillerGrrl83
03-24-2007, 11:29 PM
OMG how cute is that lil polar bear..gimme it and I'll raise it myself.

Livinginthe past
03-25-2007, 01:50 AM
I think the Bear should be forced to make Coca-Cola adverts for the rest of its life.

jjpro11
03-25-2007, 01:58 AM
what a sicko.. no doctor should ever treat that guy again and let him die. :jammin:

tony hipchest
03-25-2007, 02:21 AM
I think the Bear should be forced to make Coca-Cola adverts for the rest of its life.i liked your original response much better... BEAR KILLER!!!!!!

:chuckle:

Livinginthe past
03-25-2007, 02:52 AM
i liked your original response much better... BEAR KILLER!!!!!!

Ha ha.

You are too sharp - I had to censor myself a little. :wink02:

HometownGal
03-25-2007, 02:37 PM
OMG - how could ANYONE with even a fraction of a heart want to kill that adorable little critter? What's next - killing orphaned kids? :shake01: :horror:

HometownGal
03-25-2007, 02:39 PM
I think the Bear should be forced to make Coca-Cola adverts for the rest of its life.

Personally - I think the bear should feast on Pats' fans hineys for the rest of its life. :flap:

SteelCzar76
03-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Personally - I think the bear should feast on Pats' fans hineys for the rest of its life. :flap:

It wouldn't work babygirl,.........the Pats fans would enjoy it. And then it becomes a whole new atrocity !
(Lawrence Olivier voice:) "Oh yes,...that's it snuggles,.....earn your survival !"
"Make me feel as though i'm Tom Brady with two arses on a speedboat to 'Raining Men' island !"

:sofunny::sofunny:

tony hipchest
03-25-2007, 05:16 PM
What's next - killing orphaned kids? :shake01: :horror:maybe "clubbing baby seals" to replace curling in the next winter olympics? :bat::chair: :bash: :smashy: :mallet: :bonk:

HometownGal
03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
maybe "clubbing baby seals" to replace curling in the next winter olympics? :bat::chair: :bash: :smashy: :mallet: :bonk:

Hmmm - I wouldn't like that. Animals are better than most people, sad to say.

Hey - maybe we could get a two-fer and club Pats and Bungles fans instead - whaddya say? HEE....(lol) :smile: :wink02:

Livinginthe past
03-26-2007, 01:43 AM

You know, I didn't want to make this personal but 8 out of 10 Bears (surveyed) said they prefer 'Steeler hiney' - something about 'larger portions of hiney' always being wrapped in Black'n'Gold.

You'll have to ask the critters what they mean by that ....... :sofunny:

stillers4me
03-26-2007, 06:10 AM
You know, I didn't want to make this personal but 8 out of 10 Bears (surveyed) said they prefer 'Steeler hiney' - something about 'larger portions of hiney' always being wrapped in Black'n'Gold.

.....I'm sure you're NOT talking about us Steeler babes now, are you?????????????

FeaR #83
03-26-2007, 06:24 AM
.....I'm sure you're NOT talking about us Steeler babes now, are you?????????????

I wouldnt worry he seems confused and dazed

and has in fact confused Steelers with the Original Pats

8 out of 10 Bear prefer Pats hineys and 2 out of 10 like to munch on a blend of Ratbird, Browns and Bungals hiney :tt02:

HometownGal
03-26-2007, 08:12 AM

You'll have to ask the critters what they mean by that ....... :sofunny:

Those bears would be very dissatisfied with my hiney, LITP. Not much there to snack on. :wink02: However, you Pats fans do confuse those critters - they can't tell the difference between the hiney on the shoulders and the hiney on the backside. :flap: :wink02:

Livinginthe past
03-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Those bears would be very dissatisfied with my hiney, LITP. Not much there to snack on. :wink02: However, you Pats fans do confuse those critters - they can't tell the difference between the hiney on the shoulders and the hiney on the backside. :flap: :wink02:

Ha. I don't doubt it.

Look, lets just say the Bears might be concerned about the erratic nature of the Patriot fan supply - for years ya can't find one for love nor money.....then a few SB wins and they're everywhere!

tony hipchest
03-26-2007, 10:10 AM
no, no, no. bears dont munch patriots asses. dont you all remember the '85 superbowl?

the patriots had their asses handed to them :sofunny:

HometownGal
03-26-2007, 10:34 AM
then a few SB wins and they're everywhere!

Kinda like flies on doo doo? :flap:

SteelCzar76
03-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Those bears would be very dissatisfied with my hiney, LITP. Not much there to snack on. :wink02::

Yeah but i'm willing to bet the shape is niiiiiiiice. :naughty: "Did i say that ?",..... "I did'nt even just say that" LOL

83-Steelers-43
04-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Knut is now joining the likes of Joe Valachi and is being placed under protection.......

Germany's most famous orphan threatened
April 19 2007 at 10:01AM

Berlin - A polar bear cub that has become Germany's most famous zoo animal has been placed under protection after a death threat against him, police said on Thursday.

The threat against four-month old Knut was contained in a handwritten letter sent on Wednesday afternoon to Berlin Zoo where the fluffy white cub went on public show last month.

Police said they were taking the threat seriously, although it was written in a confused fashion.

A police spokesperson declined to elaborate on the protective measures, but the newspaper Bild said 15 security guards were on duty outside Knut's enclosure.

A zoo official said visitors would still be able to see the cub, who has become the zoo's top attraction, pulling in record crowds.

Bild said that after the threat was received, two police cars raced to the zoo and four officers took up position outside the animal's cage.

A plainclothes police officer with a walkie-talkie radio even hid behind a large rock overlooking Knut's enclosure, the newspaper said.

Knut was in the news earlier this week when his public appearance on Monday was abruptly cancelled after 20 minutes. Officials said later he had been suffering from toothache.

Knut, dubbed Germany's most famous orphan, was bottle-fed by his keeper, Thomas Doerflein, after his mother Tosca abandoned her twins shortly after their birth. The other cub died after four days.

The cub hit the headlines after animal-rights campaigners claimed he should have been allowed to die because he would become too dependent on humans. - Sapa-dpa

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=3&art_id=nw20070419092611427C482471

http://www.ganglandnews.com/geno8.gif http://images.scotsman.com/2007/03/23/2007-03-23T141215Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKOE-UK-GERMANY-POLARBEAR.jpg

tony hipchest
04-21-2007, 01:22 PM

this line particularly perked my ears:

Berlin - A polar bear cub that has become Germany's most famous zoo animal has been placed under protection after a death threat against him, police said on Thursday.

The threat against four-month old Knut was contained in a handwritten letter sent on Wednesday afternoon to Berlin Zoo where the fluffy white cub went on public show last month.

Police said they were taking the threat seriously, although it was written in a confused fashion. The letter was appearantly anonymous, although the acronym "LITP" was scrawled on the bottom of the page. Detectives are trying to determine whether this is a name or coded message.

A police spokesperson declined to elaborate on the protective measures, but the newspaper Bild said 15 security guards were on duty outside Knut's enclosure.

A zoo official said visitors would still be able to see the cub, who has become the zoo's top attraction, pulling in record crowds.

Bild said that after the threat was received, two police cars raced to the zoo and four officers took up position outside the animal's cage.

A plainclothes police officer with a walkie-talkie radio even hid behind a large rock overlooking Knut's enclosure, the newspaper said.

Knut was in the news earlier this week when his public appearance on Monday was abruptly cancelled after 20 minutes. Officials said later he had been suffering from toothache.

Knut, dubbed Germany's most famous orphan, was bottle-fed by his keeper, Thomas Doerflein, after his mother Tosca abandoned her twins shortly after their birth. The other cub died after four days.

The cub hit the headlines after animal-rights campaigners claimed he should have been allowed to die because he would become too dependent on humans. - Sapa-dpa
]

:hunch:

:sofunny: