PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hunt or Michael Bush

TJSteeler
03-25-2007, 10:24 AM
I think everyone believes the Steelers will be looking to add a "big" back in the 2nd or 3rd round in this years draft. Wanted to get thoughts on Tony Hunt vs Michael Bush. I think both will be available in 2nd and possibly 3rd round.

Stats:
Tony Hunt : 6'2" 230lb 1386yds and 5yd avg in 06
Michael Bush : 6'2" 247lb 1143yds and 5.6yd avg in 05 (injured in 06)

My pick would be Tony Hunt but my friends are all in the Michael Bush camp.

I like Tony Hunt because he played behind a mediocre offensive line with a poor passing game against stiffer competition. He reminds me a bit of Larry Johnson that he runs hard, breaks tackles and never stops driving forward. (PSU fan so yes I am biased)

Hard to fairly judge Michael Bush after injury in 06 but that alone makes me think Hunt is the better pick.

Anyone else think Hunt is the better back for Steelers?

tomlin
03-25-2007, 10:34 AM
neither!check out this guy (jackie battle)rb/u.of houston@condraft.com

tomlin
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
sorry its just condraft.com
cds news

Believe43
03-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I am more familiar with Micheal Bush, Big back with quickness, but
Tony Hunt really impressive also. I would say whoever is still available in 2nd round, both would make a good 1-2 combination with Willie Parker.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-25-2007, 12:43 PM
Tony Hunt

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-25-2007, 01:52 PM
If you would have asked me two weeks ago I would have said Bush...IF...IF..we are willing to use a 2nd round pick on a RB...Go with Hunt

SteelCzar76
03-25-2007, 04:07 PM
If you would have asked me two weeks ago I would have said Bush...IF...IF..we are willing to use a 2nd round pick on a RB...Go with Hunt

My sentiments exactly LLT. (Regarding Bush) The news of his surgery has perhaps all but wiped him off of our 'board' IMO. And though i like what Hunt may be able to bring to the table as far as our 'ball control' ground game,.....i wouldn't take him or any other 'second tier' backs any earlier than the 3rd round. (more than likely the 4th)

Suitanim
03-28-2007, 06:08 PM
A few questions:

Who is the better blocking back?
Who has better hands?
Who has the higher football IQ?

An NFL back MUST be able to pick up the blitz and be able to block, as well as catch the ball out of the backfield.

AZ_Steeler
03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
neither...

BettisFan
03-28-2007, 11:57 PM
HUNT!1 but we don t want either of them

DACEB
03-29-2007, 08:08 AM
A few questions:

Who is the better blocking back?
Who has better hands?
Who has the higher football IQ?

An NFL back MUST be able to pick up the blitz and be able to block, as well as catch the ball out of the backfield.

The answer to these questions is B. Leonard, oh wait this is about Hunt and Bush.

I like Hunt and Leonard, but I think it's possible Bush has the most upside and will probably last longest on the draft board due to the injury. Hunt IMO is the most seasoned back and would fit in our system and what we want to do.
I would agree with others that the earliest we take a back is in the 3rd round. If any of these guys are available it would be a value pick IMO.

As far as Bush and the injury, we've had others fall into our laps due to injury (H. Miller). I don't believe the injury will effect him long term.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 10:04 AM
The answer to these questions is B. Leonard, oh wait this is about Hunt and Bush.

I like Hunt and Leonard, but I think it's possible Bush has the most upside and will probably last longest on the draft board due to the injury. Hunt IMO is the most seasoned back and would fit in our system and what we want to do.
I would agree with others that the earliest we take a back is in the 3rd round. If any of these guys are available it would be a value pick IMO.

As far as Bush and the injury, we've had others fall into our laps due to injury (H. Miller). I don't believe the injury will effect him long term.

Good call on Leonard!!!!...Alot of people have him at fullback...but he started at halfback for over 2 years. 6'1 230 lbs....45 college TD's ...2775 yards (lost yardage due to being a fullback last year)...averaged 4.3 yards as a junior and 4.5 as a senior...
Excellent hands...better than most H-backs this year..so he is a double threat and a red-zone nightmare!!!

MasterOfPuppets
03-29-2007, 10:21 PM

what system??? remember this ain't the cowher steelers anymore. the only thing i've heard from this new regime is ariens wants to do more 4& 5 RECIEVER SETS. doesn't sound to much like cowhers ball control mindset. i do like that leonard kid. especially if he was around in the 4th.

tony hipchest
03-29-2007, 10:48 PM
heres a nice article on leonard i posted back in november. if the steelers found him, bush and hunt still on the board in the 4th i think they would be in a great (but tough) situation. i heard nobodys ever played with a metal rod in their leg before in the nfl. but nobody thought w. mcgahee would ever play. bush could be a player like him or frank gore who dropped big time due to injuries, but paid off huge divedends.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=176733

im not talking about replacing willie or jeromes career stats, but this guy seems like he would be the perfect addition and replacement for the role jerome had for his final 2 seasons. peter king wrote this after rutgers upset #3 louisville
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/13/week10/1.html

About an hour after the game, I got to meet the poster child for this moment -- a kid named Brian Leonard. You probably have heard of him in this wave of post-Thursday Rutgersmania. (I am not exaggerating when I say that in my town, Montclair, about eight miles west of the Meadowlands and 30 miles north of the Rutgers campus, interest in the Rutgers-Louisville game tripled interest in the Giants-Bears game last week.) The Leonard story has been told far and wide, but here is the very abridged version.

After his older brother went to Rutgers and loved it, Brian spurned Notre Dame to attend Rutgers in '02 ... and the Knights promptly went 1-11. One night, when some partiers discovered a football player's car was near, Brian got a beer bottle smashed on the roof of his car. He worked himself into a 6-2, 235-pound fullback, and after totaling 1,308 rushing/receiving yards and 17 touchdowns last year, thought seriously about declaring for the NFL draft. People in the know said he'd be a third-round pick, maybe second. But Leonard said no, he'd stay for his fifth season. He told a Rutgers basketball crowd at halftime of a January game that he was coming back to play in a BCS game. And this fall, as the closest thing Rutgers football has ever had to a cult hero, Leonard has seen RU grad James Gandolfini wearing his number 23 jersey to football games.

On this night, the game was tied at 25 with 2:18 to play. Rutgers had the ball at its 35, third and six. The most important third-down conversion of the year was about to be attempted. If Rutgers converted, the Knights would at least be able to play for overtime while keeping it away from Louisville. If Rutgers failed, Louisville would have enough time and timeouts to get into field-goal range -- provided the Cards could move the ball better than they had throughout a listless second half. Though the most explosive offensive player on the team clearly had become Rice, Schiano wanted the ball in the hands of his most trusted player on the biggest play of the night. Leonard took a swing pass up the right side, got great blocking and plowed 26 yards. Now it was a matter of time.

• Nov. 11, 2005: Louisville 56, Rutgers 5. With a 49-5 lead in the fourth quarter, Louisville throws seven passes on a 97-yard drive to a final touchdown. There are some stupid things you can do in college football, but kicking a rising team when it's down by throwing with a 44-point lead and a few minutes left is one of the big ones. Nice motivation, Cards.

"Sickest feeling I've ever had in my life,'' Leonard says.

The minicams, four of them, jostled with the print reporters last Thursday to get in a question to Leonard, a polite kid who patiently explained what this night meant.

"This is why I came back,'' he said. "This night. This game. My dream's coming true right now. I've been through the worst around here. My first year, we went 1-11. We had people swearing at us. I had my car smashed with a beer bottle. And tonight I stood on the field after we beat the number three team in the country, watching our fans swarm all over us. People thought I was nuts for staying here instead of going to the NFL, but no money can buy this feeling I have right now. None.''

The waves leave, and it's me and him now. I asked him if he was happy that he stayed, even though his draft stock might have fallen as his stats plummeted this year with Rice emerging.

"Very,'' he said. "This is the happiest day of my life.''

His voice began to waver.

"This is a dream we're all living right now, a dream you can't put a price on. I'm the type of guy who feels like every moment is good, no matter what the stats are.[b] Blocking for Ray is good. The little catches are good. The moment is good. This win is good. I love it all.

"The NFL's good. Money's good. But I never had money growing up. My family didn't have money. My mom's an accountant. My dad's a cable guy. They don't care that they weren't rich. They're the two happiest people on the planet. They live life the way it should be lived and passed that on to their kids. Money doesn't buy happiness. I'll tell you what is happiness to me: Jumping up and down on the 50-yard line, right on the "R,'' surrounded by three cops and my teammates. That's happiness.''

One last NFL thought from Leonard: "I don't like the 'me' guys very much. This is the biggest team sport in the world. I don't understand why a team fights so hard to get to the end zone, and one guy scores, and he just wants to celebrate by himself. He should be celebrating with his team, shouldn't he?''

I walked out of the stadium that night thinking: Once Tom Brady gets to know about Brian Leonard, he'll politic for the Pats to draft him next year. What a perfect sledgehammer and safety valve for the Patriots.

Or, for that matter, for any of the other NFL teams. I have a feeling we'll be seeing an influx of Leonard and his pals in the NFL in the next few years. But guys, we can wait. Enjoy this while you can. It'll never be better.

ive never really watched him play but this dude sounds like he was born to be a steeler. (especially if his stock plummets to beyond the 3rd round.

DACEB
03-31-2007, 12:50 PM
Mark my words. Not one of those three will make it to the 4th.

One4TheOtherThumb
03-31-2007, 01:44 PM
If you watched both of them play, I dont see how you can pass on Hunt. He ran behind what was arguably the worst 4 year stretch of O-lines during the Paterno era and still finished second on the career rushing list. He's a complete back that gets stronger with every carry, and hes more durable than Bush. Also, if we do go to more multiple WR sets next year, Hunts a great fit for that as well. After PSU brought in DWill, Butler, and Norwood, Hunt ran out of single back sets quite a bit and was just as successful.

Mosca
03-31-2007, 02:53 PM
WTF? We don't need any of those guys, we have John Kuhn.

Tom

BettisFan
03-31-2007, 03:03 PM
HUNT

Elvis
04-01-2007, 07:17 PM
If I had these 2 to chose from in the 3rd round then I would chose Hunt... but not any earlier on a RB..
Jesus Is Coming
Elvis

steelcitysfinestXL
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Im a HUGE PSU fan and Hunt is the real deal. Now w/ that being said, Michael Bush would be the better back for us.
+'s : Recruited as a Quarterback out of Highschool. Great hands,looks smooth and comfortable catching the ball. Great feet, 250lbs w/ straight line speed to outrun most college defenders (note: this will be a lil dif. w/ the speed in the NFL) GREAT VISION, finds holes quickly w/ a great burst and when he keeps his pads low he blows through tacklers. Vision helps him find cutback lanes very well.
-'s : Durability issues w/ broken leg and also missed 2 games in '05... will need technique help w/ blocking but the willingness is there ( anyone whos ever played football knows blocking is 2 thinks heart and footwork, so he should be fine w/ a lil coaching)

The biggest thing to me is in the year that Lindell White, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, Maurice Jones Drew, and Jerious Norwood were drafted Michael Bush led all RB's in the NCAA in TD's (23). If you havent seen him play he is an animal. If rehab goes well this guy could the steal of the century (well maybe 2nd to bush to New Orleans in '06) as a late second rounder possible 3rd!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
04-03-2007, 03:25 PM
all that was found on espn.com by the way

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Thanks...that's some stuff I didn't know.

I may jump on the Bush bandwagon before the draft is here...

jccshakyb
04-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I would take T Hunt, more comlete RB. Also concerns about Bush's injury healing correctly. He just had a second surgery to reposition the metal pin in his leg.
NFL teams need two backs these days.
jccshakyb

steelcitysfinestXL
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
The only concern w/ Bush is his injury, and thats it. If he would have played last year he would have been drafted top running back in my opinion ahead of Adrian Peterson.(taking nothijng away from AP he is the truth) I def would NOT say Tony hunt is more complete, just maybe less of a risk at this point but i think w/ Najeh, Kuhn, and Haynes( if he gets back from rehab he will be resigned this is something the steelers ahve done B4) its a risk we can take like the bills the year they drafted McGahee after EVERYONE said he wont make it with his injury.

steel-EERS
04-16-2007, 09:00 PM
if Bush is indeed dropped in the draft I would take a flyer on him in the late rounds if he is there. I would take either Chris Henry from Arizona or Hunt in round three or four. Though I am not sold on Hunt 100% I would have to ask; did he improve from his junior to senior years? I have a DVD of him against OSU his junior year and while he looked pretty nice I wouldn't say he didn't finished runs between the tackles but was pretty versatile. Kind of reminds me of the running back the Bungholes got from michigan a couple years back. Bush is IMO the best big back in the draft hands down; IF HEALTHY!

Preacher
04-16-2007, 11:44 PM
I would waste a 4th round shot at Bush. His upside is great... however, with his injuries in 2 of the last 2 years...

I would be VERY afraid to take him any higher. Here is the thing.. I also wouldn't pick another RB any higher. I know.. .I was saying take Bush in the 2nd. However, that was before we lost Peezy, Hartings, and saw Fanaca as the problem he very well may become.

1st round.. CB/LB.. that hasn't changed
2nd round... OL
3rd Round... CB/LB... the other of the first.. or OL if a CB/LB dropped to the second.
4th round... Bush... if he drops that far

Livinginthe past
04-17-2007, 12:23 AM
I am convinced that Bush will go alot higher than 4th round - a team with larger runningback needs with take a shot at him in the 2nd, I think.

Pittsburgh has other priorities - a 'big back' would be a luxury pick with Willie Parker already on the roster.

tony hipchest
04-18-2007, 11:04 AM
any thoughts that bush may be sitting around getting "fat"? this should dispell them some.
(if hes there in the 3rd i think we got to take the best player available)
\
http://www.nflplayers.com/Draft/what_drives_me.aspx#Michael_Bush

Talk about your determination to come back from the broken leg you suffered in September of 2006. Several people think you won't be the same. How do you respond to those critics? Just prove them wrong, you know. You've got a lot of people that are always going to doubt you from the jump. But right now, as far as my injury, I feel fine because I've been sitting out for what, six, seven, eight months just about. When I get out there, the will and determination is what keeps [me] going.

Why didn't you take a medical redshirt and return to Louisville next year? Well, I feel like my age probably played a factor. I'm 22 now, so by the time the draft came around next year, I'd be around 24. I felt like maybe teams would think I was getting old. Also, Coach Petrino left, so a lot of things changed and I just felt like it was time for me to go. The game was getting ... kind of easy.

How difficult was the decision to enter the NFL Draft vs. returning to school? It was kind of tough, because you always want to make the right decision. Dealing with the leg injury, under the circumstances, made it even harder. I didn't know I'd have to have a second surgery, so I went to the Combine. I struggled a little bit [with the decision] and I consulted with my parents and the coaches.

Being pegged as an early contender to win the Heisman Trophy last season, how disappointed were you when your season ended so abruptly? I really wasn't that disappointed; I know that everything happens for a reason. I was glad that my team still made it to the Orange Bowl and got a victory. I did everything I could to support them and keep them motivated.

Considering your injury, why do you think you'd be a good draft pick for an NFL team? Because it's just a broken bone. I don't have any ACL tears, I didn't dislocate my ankle and bones heal back. A lot of people have done it and it happens to people everyday. I think I'm a good player-I'm a motivated guy and I'll bounce back from it and be okay. I'm jogging right now, and I'll be up and running and going in mid-June or July. Right now I'm probably at about 75 percent full strength.

What's one story that describes your personal character? I can give you a good one. I don't have anything childhood-wise, but up until college, I used to play quarterback. My position got changed, and I took the role of sitting back and letting Coach do what he had to do and ... didn't get too overwhelmed or upset about anything and just played my role.

What type of person do you want to be known as? Just a humble guy. I always try to think positive about things and make the right decision. I think it's very important to be a level-headed guy. A lot of people do things without thinking first, so I think it's very important. The way I carry myself on and off the field is being a good guy, always smiling and enjoying life. Just know that I'm going to be there and work hard every time I step on the field.

Several scouts project you as a first-round pick and one of the top running backs in this year's class. What makes you stand out from others at your position, like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Kenneth Darby, Darius Walker and Kenny Irons? Maybe because I'm a little bit bigger than those guys. I think I have good hands and good feet for my size. Those might be the things that separate me. I might not have the speed of Adrian and Marshawn, but at the same time I bring different things to the game so I think that's why I'm different. Being a bigger back, you see what's going on-like Jamal Lewis, he's a big guy and he's running good-you've got Deuce [McAllister]-he's a big guy and he's running good. They're doing fine, and 'The Bus' (Jerome Bettis) had a great career in the NFL. Forty-yard dash time and game speed are totally different. I feel like I can beat you to the corner if necessary.

What are you like in the locker room and how important are relationships with teammates to you? Relationships with teammates are important. You don't have to be friends, but as long as you are doing your job you're going to be friends. Everybody has to do their assignments, and if guys do their jobs, you're going to have a successful team. But it depends on each person; a lot of players are different but it's good to earn the trust of players. I just feel like it opens up the door for different things-you could become close friends and you never know what's going to happen outside of football.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I am convinced that Bush will go alot higher than 4th round - a team with larger runningback needs with take a shot at him in the 2nd, I think.

Pittsburgh has other priorities - a 'big back' would be a luxury pick with Willie Parker already on the roster.

I'm inclined to agree...the closer we get to the draft..the more I think we may put off RB until the second day..and possible not pick up a Punter until after the draft!!

SCSTILLER
04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Out of the two I would take Tony Hunt, I do beleive he is the better of the two backs. Plus with Bush's history problems, that is another reason that Hunt gets the nod. Another running back that I think could be thrown into this question would be Kenny Irons out of Auburn. I know he had a down senior year, but I think he would be a decent second back. Also, with a last name like Irons in Pittsburgh, sounds like a good fit.

coachspeak33
04-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I would waste a 4th round shot at Bush. His upside is great... however, with his injuries in 2 of the last 2 years...

I would be VERY afraid to take him any higher. Here is the thing.. I also wouldn't pick another RB any higher. I know.. .I was saying take Bush in the 2nd. However, that was before we lost Peezy, Hartings, and saw Fanaca as the problem he very well may become.

1st round.. CB/LB.. that hasn't changed
2nd round... OL
3rd Round... CB/LB... the other of the first.. or OL if a CB/LB dropped to the second.
4th round... Bush... if he drops that far

If our current roster and salary breakdown is taken into consideration...there is little chance the steelers select a DB in Rd 1
&
Michael Bush unless Bush wrecks his motorcycle and has an apendectemy today....there is no chance he slides into Rd 4

verks36
04-20-2007, 11:01 AM
THE BOWLING BALL FRom hawia thats who we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coachspeak33
04-20-2007, 11:03 AM
The only way the steelers take a DB in Rd 1 is if somehow Landry slid doown to them at 15....this is HIGHLY unlikely however....

Intersting to think about however

If this happened (Landry was sitting there at 15) would you like them to draft him?

Consider also that this would probably seal the fate of Troy...making him (gulp) expendable

Livinginthe past
04-20-2007, 11:46 AM
THE BOWLING BALL FRom hawia thats who we need!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I take it that the 'bowling ball from Hawaii' is Nate Ilaoa - this years Cedric Humes - I don't understand the excitement regarding a 7th round pick - if he was worth picking he would have a higher draft rating.

I remember the craziness surrounding 'big back' 7th rounder Cedric Humes who, purely because of his big back status, was going to be a shoe-in replacement for Bettis.

6th rounders like Tom Brady, and UDFA's like Willie Parker are amazingly rare most of these guys don't make it past TC.

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Associated Press
Posted: 1 day ago

Michael Bush is up and running, his broken right leg nearly fully healed just in time for the NFL draft.

The former Louisville running back this week took part in his first full workout since he was hurt in September, and also received a thumbs-up prognosis from James Andrews, an Alabama-based orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports injuries.
"I reviewed an X-ray today and it looks like it is 99 percent healed," Andrews wrote in a letter dated Wednesday and obtained by The Associated Press. "I would estimate that Michael Bush will pick up in the NFL where he left off in college, and should be a top-ranked running back taken in the 2007 NFL Draft."

The letter was released by Bush's agent, Todd France, who said he is forwarding Andrews' letter, Bush's most recent X-rays and a DVD from his client's workout to all 32 NFL teams. The workout was held at Louisville on Monday and filmed by school officials, France said.

The agent hopes the updated information will clear up any doubts about Bush's status going into the draft on April 28-29.

"It's great news," said France. "It's huge. My thing was I wanted to take away any negative perceptions in people's minds where his health status is because he couldn't work out at the combine. Well, guess what, look at him now."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6703096

Livinginthe past
04-20-2007, 11:55 AM
The only way the steelers take a DB in Rd 1 is if somehow Landry slid doown to them at 15....this is HIGHLY unlikely however....

Intersting to think about however

If this happened (Landry was sitting there at 15) would you like them to draft him?

Consider also that this would probably seal the fate of Troy...making him (gulp) expendable

I've looked at some of Landry's scouting reports and can't work out if he will be a FS or a SS in the NFL.

Most reports suggest that he is very good in coverage and better than competent in run support, but I imagine him as a FS as he has the ability to play CB too.

If this were the case then you could pair Polamalu (SS) and Landry (FS) which would be pretty exciting.

I think he would be worth trading up a spot or two for, if he were to fall to the early teens..

billybob
04-22-2007, 10:10 AM
I,personally think that the boys should sure up thier secondary with a solid cover guy.

pittsburghp8baller
04-22-2007, 11:11 PM
i like hunt, leonard, and bush but i would go another direction. i would draft nate ilaoa out of hawaii. at 5-10 240+ lbs he is the perfect size for a short yardage back. and he can play third downs because in hawaii all they did was play out of the shotgun. he can catch run over players and just as good move out of the way. he came into college as a 175 pound slot receiver who ran a 4.40 40 yard, he obviously cant go that fast anymore but still is a home run threat. he would be everything the steelers are looking for and we wouldnt have to draft him until the 5th or 6th round.

if anyone wants to check out some highlights- go to youtube then jus type nate ilaoa highlights

Preacher
04-23-2007, 12:56 AM
I've looked at some of Landry's scouting reports and can't work out if he will be a FS or a SS in the NFL.

Most reports suggest that he is very good in coverage and better than competent in run support, but I imagine him as a FS as he has the ability to play CB too.

If this were the case then you could pair Polamalu (SS) and Landry (FS) which would be pretty exciting.

I think he would be worth trading up a spot or two for, if he were to fall to the early teens..

I don't see them doing that... as anthony smith was looking pretty good by the end of last year. Furthermore, the contract difference between a first round pick and a third round pick is pretty tremendous... why waste the money in a position that is well taken care of? We have two FS that can play the game at the level necessary. Clark is doing fine and Smith is an up and coming stud. If we pick in the DB's... it will be a CB. After watching them constantly gettin burned over the last few years ( i know, Chad Scott, Hank Poteat, and others were part of the problem), we STILL need to look at strenghening the CB position... changing schemes... or both.

lilyoder6
04-23-2007, 10:10 AM
i would like to see landry drop that far, he is an amazing player. but we also have anthony smith who i think will get plenty of playing time this yr..for the rb deal i would take hunt... but u could look at Selvin Young, RB, Texas Sr, 6-0, 215.. but oh well.. can't wait until sat.. draft party !!!

coachspeak33
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM

Obviously the odds of landing Landry are slim...
but with Anthony Smith showing promise and Ryan Clark providing exactly what the steelers FO desires (slightly above averge play and most importantly fairly inexpensive)
If they were to snatch him up...troys future immediately comes into question....

In the words of Sportscenter's Brian Kenny...OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
i like hunt, leonard, and bush but i would go another direction. i would draft nate ilaoa out of hawaii. at 5-10 240+ lbs he is the perfect size for a short yardage back. and he can play third downs because in hawaii all they did was play out of the shotgun. he can catch run over players and just as good move out of the way. he came into college as a 175 pound slot receiver who ran a 4.40 40 yard, he obviously cant go that fast anymore but still is a home run threat. he would be everything the steelers are looking for and we wouldnt have to draft him until the 5th or 6th round.

if anyone wants to check out some highlights- go to youtube then jus type nate ilaoa highlights

Leonard and Hunt would fit our system...Bush still scares me in regards to the bad wheel...and Nate is also a favorite of mine!!!..would love to see him get a chance