PDA

View Full Version : BBQ - Texas Style

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Not sure if this should be in the recipe section? ARKIE, I know you love your BBQ but don't get any ideas. :wink02:

Man Kills Then Grills Girlfriend

Mar. 25 - For at least two days, neighbors at a city apartment complex noticed an acrid aroma, black smoke and leaping flames coming from two barbecue grills on the balcony of a second-floor apartment.

What, neighbors at the Red Oak Place apartments wondered, was going on in the unit where 27-year-old Timothy Wayne Shepherd lived? What was he burning at all hours, for days at a time? The answer turned their stomachs.

According to law enforcement officials, Shepherd dismembered, and then burned the body of his former girlfriend, Tynesha Stewart, a 19-year-old Texas A&M University student. Nothing remains of Stewart's body, Harris County Sheriff Tommy Thomas said at a press conference Saturday.

"I just don't know what to think about it," said Louis Evans, whose balcony faces Shepherd's in the quiet tree-lined enclave in northern Houston. "I thought he was a nice normal person. I guess you never know what your neighbors are doing."

Authorities said Shepherd has confessed to strangling and dismembering Stewart, a college freshman who was home on spring break, because he was angry that she had started a new relationship.

Officials first thought Shepherd had disposed of her remains in a large commercial trash bin that had since been emptied, launching an intense debate in the area about whether the Sheriff's Department should conduct a massive and expensive search of area landfills for Stewart's remains.

Stewart was last seen March 15 and was reported missing March 19. The next day the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division launched its investigation.

On March 16, neighbors said they first noticed the unusual activity and the unpleasant odor on Shepherd's balcony.

"The smell was awful," said Evans, who also became alarmed after seeing a blaze shoot out from the grills. "I was wondering: What is he burning? Not cooking, but burning. There is a difference."

At times, Evans said, the flames from the grills leapt dangerously close to the roof of the balcony. Evans says he called 911, but when firefighters arrived, the flames had calmed and Shepherd assured them everything was under control.

A leasing agent at the apartment complex also noticed the thick dark smoke and the intense flames and asked Shepherd what he was doing, Evans said. Another neighbor, 18-year-old James Hebert, told The Houston Chronicle that he often cooked out with Shepherd, and even left his grill at Shepherd's apartment. When he wasn't invited over, he asked his neighbor what was going on. Shepherd replied that he was cooking for a wedding, the newspaper said.

Dionne Whitaker, 31, who lives in the complex, said she saw Shepherd carry the grill and smoker to a garbage bin a day or so later, the newspaper said.

Human remains generally require extremely high temperatures to destroy, and authorities have not said how it is possible that Stewart's remains could be completely burned on a patio grill.

"This certainly turned out to be one of the most heinous crimes I've ever seen in my 38 years (in law enforcement)," Thomas, the sheriff, said Saturday.

Shepherd, who is charged with murder, is being held on $250,000 bond in the Harris County Jail. Telephone message left with his attorney, Chip Lewis, were not immediately returned. On Sunday, the door to Shepherd's apartment was covered with plywood boards.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=nation_world&id=5150100

tony hipchest
03-26-2007, 04:36 PM
geeze. what ever happenend to fileting someone in the bathtub and flushing their pieces down the toilet? :dang:

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 04:46 PM
geeze. what ever happenend to fileting someone in the bathtub and flushing their pieces down the toilet? :dang:

Or just chopping them up, throwing them in the fridge and cooking it up on the stove? Why bother the neighbors and destroy two perfectly good grills?

It's a damn shame.

tony hipchest
03-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Why bother the neighbors and destroy two perfectly good grills?

It's a damn shame.

:toofunny: thats funny you say that cause while reading the article im thinking "did he use a propane or charcoal grill?"

after meditating on it for a few minutes i realized it had to be propane, but some hickory or mesquite chips woulda definitely helped with the smell.

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 05:04 PM
My other question, why would it take two days? Even if she was chunky you can get that job done in a day. Guy sounds like a slacker if you ask me. I tell ya, they don't make American homicidal maniacs like they used to.

tony hipchest
03-26-2007, 05:21 PM
My other question, why would it take two days? Even if she was chunky you can get that job done in a day. Guy sounds like a slacker if you ask me. I tell ya, they don't make American homicidal maniacs like they used to.he doesnt even lie that well (although this was the best line in the article):

Shepherd replied that he was cooking for a wedding, :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
03-26-2007, 05:35 PM
My other question, why would it take two days? Even if she was chunky you can get that job done in a day. Guy sounds like a slacker if you ask me. I tell ya, they don't make American homicidal maniacs like they used to.
i've always found the wood chipper by the river to be the most cost efficient meens to get rid of my ex's. the guy had to go through a hellof a lot of propane in 2 days!:dang:

SteelCzar76
03-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Not sure if this should be in the recipe section? ARKIE, I know you love your BBQ but don't get any ideas. :wink02:

Man Kills Then Grills Girlfriend

Mar. 25 - For at least two days, neighbors at a city apartment complex noticed an acrid aroma, black smoke and leaping flames coming from two barbecue grills on the balcony of a second-floor apartment.

What, neighbors at the Red Oak Place apartments wondered, was going on in the unit where 27-year-old Timothy Wayne Shepherd lived? What was he burning at all hours, for days at a time? The answer turned their stomachs.

According to law enforcement officials, Shepherd dismembered, and then burned the body of his former girlfriend, Tynesha Stewart, a 19-year-old Texas A&M University student. Nothing remains of Stewart's body, Harris County Sheriff Tommy Thomas said at a press conference Saturday.

"I just don't know what to think about it," said Louis Evans, whose balcony faces Shepherd's in the quiet tree-lined enclave in northern Houston. "I thought he was a nice normal person. I guess you never know what your neighbors are doing."

Authorities said Shepherd has confessed to strangling and dismembering Stewart, a college freshman who was home on spring break, because he was angry that she had started a new relationship.

Officials first thought Shepherd had disposed of her remains in a large commercial trash bin that had since been emptied, launching an intense debate in the area about whether the Sheriff's Department should conduct a massive and expensive search of area landfills for Stewart's remains.

Stewart was last seen March 15 and was reported missing March 19. The next day the Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide division launched its investigation.

On March 16, neighbors said they first noticed the unusual activity and the unpleasant odor on Shepherd's balcony.

"The smell was awful," said Evans, who also became alarmed after seeing a blaze shoot out from the grills. "I was wondering: What is he burning? Not cooking, but burning. There is a difference."

At times, Evans said, the flames from the grills leapt dangerously close to the roof of the balcony. Evans says he called 911, but when firefighters arrived, the flames had calmed and Shepherd assured them everything was under control.

A leasing agent at the apartment complex also noticed the thick dark smoke and the intense flames and asked Shepherd what he was doing, Evans said. Another neighbor, 18-year-old James Hebert, told The Houston Chronicle that he often cooked out with Shepherd, and even left his grill at Shepherd's apartment. When he wasn't invited over, he asked his neighbor what was going on. Shepherd replied that he was cooking for a wedding, the newspaper said.

Dionne Whitaker, 31, who lives in the complex, said she saw Shepherd carry the grill and smoker to a garbage bin a day or so later, the newspaper said.

Human remains generally require extremely high temperatures to destroy, and authorities have not said how it is possible that Stewart's remains could be completely burned on a patio grill.

"This certainly turned out to be one of the most heinous crimes I've ever seen in my 38 years (in law enforcement)," Thomas, the sheriff, said Saturday.

Shepherd, who is charged with murder, is being held on $250,000 bond in the Harris County Jail. Telephone message left with his attorney, Chip Lewis, were not immediately returned. On Sunday, the door to Shepherd's apartment was covered with plywood boards.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=nation_world&id=5150100

'Killing' amongst warriors whether in self defense or in the name of ones nation and or 'family',....is terrible but sadly sometimes neccessary. This however is an entirely different matter. And i find no humor in it at all.
This guy is a weak, sick F##k. This young woman was a 'civilian' that this P###y murdered and mutilated simply because he couldn't man up and except that fact that life moves on and change is inevitable.
And justice will be served accordingly,.....and i'm not speaking in terms of the 'laws' of man .

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 05:37 PM
i've always found the wood chipper by the river to be the most cost efficient meens to get rid of my ex's. the guy had to go through a hellof a lot of propane in 2 days!:dang:

Yeah, the Fargo technique seems efficient.

SteelCzar76
03-26-2007, 05:51 PM
"May you be finished by you own cowardice, madness and impotency"

MACH1
03-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs....:sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
I want my baby back, baby back, baby back ribs....:sofunny:

LOL. Oh man that was good. Sheperd's...........baby back ribs........BBQ sauce *deep voice*. :wink02:

Maidenarcher
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
'Killing' amongst warriors whether in self defense or in the name of ones nation and or 'family',....is terrible but sadly sometimes neccessary. This however is an entirely different matter. And i find no humor in it at all.
This guy is a weak, sick F##k. This young woman was a 'civilian' that this P###y murdered and mutilated simply because he couldn't man up and except that fact that life moves on and change is inevitable.
And justice will be served accordingly,.....and i'm not speaking in terms of the 'laws' of man .

I agree with you.....That's just sick and not funny at all............Maybe we are in the presence of some sicko's ourselves.......Not trying to be ugly, but seriously..........

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Maybe we are in the presence of some sicko's ourselves.......Not trying to be ugly, but seriously..........

I don't know about the rest of the folks simply joking around in this thread, but I'm craving for an ex-lover's BBQ'ing.

tony hipchest
03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
I agree with you.....That's just sick and not funny at all............Maybe we are in the presence of some sicko's ourselves.......Not trying to be ugly, but seriously..........
whoa! chill... i dont think anyone finds it funny that a woman was murdered. we live in a society where murder is a common answer to peoples problems.

and it is not even shocking that a man would kill an ex girlfriend because she had left him. it happens every day. what is shocking is that somebody would actually decide to rid of the victim on a bar-b-q grill. not only is that stupid, its boardeline retarded.

the joke here isnt on a murder victim but our society as a whole that has become so desensitized to these sorts of stories. i dont expect everyone to get or understand satirical, tongue in cheek comments used to cope or deal with a horribly disgusting situation and the degrading society we ALL live in and face on a daily basis. but its not all that uncommon. doctors use humor all the time to learn to deal with the fact that they are in a profession where death stares them in the face, every day. military men do it, those who work in law enfocement, morticians, etc. all do it too.

i, for one, will not apologize for any of my comments in this thread, as i feel i dont need to. there are those who will "get it" and those who wont. and i wont try to squash any false perceptions my posts may generate (such as being a sicko). the picture in my avitar is a perfect example of a false perception, as it paints a pictue with broad strokes and ignores all the details of one who is not known.

and for what its worth, i think chopping of a mans member and tossing it out the window of a moving car is horrible but that doesnt mean i didnt laugh when i heard a john bobbitt joke.

83-Steelers-43
03-26-2007, 09:30 PM
whoa! chill... i dont think anyone finds it funny that a woman was murdered. we live in a society where murder is a common answer to peoples problems.

and it is not even shocking that a man would kill an ex girlfriend because she had left him. it happens every day. what is shocking is that somebody would actually decide to rid of the victim on a bar-b-q grill. not only is that stupid, its boardeline retarded.

the joke here isnt on a murder victim but our society as a whole that has become so desensitized to these sorts of stories. i dont expect everyone to get or understand satirical, tongue in cheek comments used to cope or deal with a horribly disgusting situation and the degrading society we ALL live in and face on a daily basis. but its not all that uncommon. doctors use humor all the time to learn to deal with the fact that they are in a profession where death stares them in the face, every day. military men do it, those who work in law enfocement, morticians, etc. all do it too.

i, for one, will not apologize for any of my comments in this thread, as i feel i dont need to. there are those who will "get it" and those who wont. and i wont try to squash any false perceptions my posts may generate (such as being a sicko). the picture in my avitar is a perfect example of a false perception, as it paints a pictue with broad strokes and ignores all the details of one who is not known.

and for what its worth, i think chopping of a mans member and tossing it out the window of a moving car is horrible but that doesnt mean i didnt laugh when i heard a john bobbitt joke.

THANK YOU.

MasterOfPuppets
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
holy crap!!!:dang: ....busted by the moral police again!!! :coffee:

excellent responce tony. couldn't have said it better myself. you were right on with the bobbit example. i'd like to offer another. micheal jackson....ever laughed at a joke involving him? is child molestation funny?

Maidenarcher
03-27-2007, 06:42 PM

There is actually nothing to chill about..I was just expressing my opinion as you were expressing yours.....I actually do not think this guy killing his girlfriend is funny in any way and when you joke about stuff like that it only desensitizes people and lightens the seriousness of things like that.....HOWEVER, I was hoping that someone would at least pick up on my sarcastic comment about you people being sicko's....You may have a sick sense of humor as mine is more of a smart arse sense of humor...And, that doesn't make either of us wrong....It just makes us different. I was just trying to incenuate that we may have some sick people in our mist on this site who might be compared to a man who bbq's a woman? So, pardon moi if I did not communicate myself properly in that post. Sometimes when I write I am doing many things all at the same time........

SteelShooter
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM

Wasn't that in the movie: "Fargo?"

MasterOfPuppets
03-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Wasn't that in the movie: "Fargo?"

yep...i believe it was. i guess that makes me a sicko hack...:shake01: