PDA

View Full Version : 1 image in sig

verks36
03-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I have a question...

Why are we only allowed to have one image in our sig. Is it a space issue or what and is there any way we could have more than one image. Just a question

Thanks

-verks36:computer:

Livinginthe past
03-27-2007, 02:41 AM
I have a question...

Why are we only allowed to have one image in our sig. Is it a space issue or what and is there any way we could have more than one image. Just a question

Thanks

-verks36:computer:

The rules as I understand them only allow for one image in the sig.

However, im sure its possible to combine various images into a single sig using some sort of art software - I think 'Paint' would do it.

As long as you stick to the correct size I can't see there being a problem.

3. Ensure that your signature:

-Does not exceed 500 pixels in width and 150 pixels in height.
-Does not exceed 100 kb in size.
-Contains only 1 image. Although, multiple smilies are acceptable if accompanied by text only.
-Does not contain annoying animations.
-Follows all the rules applying to posts themselves.

Large, ugly and slow loading signatures visually pollute the forums, enlarge threads and slow down modem users. Show respect for your fellow posters by ensuring your signature, if used, is somewhat discreet, space efficient (avoid using vertical content) and quick loading.

verks36
03-27-2007, 08:51 AM
The rules as I understand them only allow for one image in the sig.

However, im sure its possible to combine various images into a single sig using some sort of art software - I think 'Paint' would do it.

As long as you stick to the correct size I can't see there being a problem.

all right thanks for the clear up

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 11:49 PM
it is also better so ur sig doesnt take up alot of room in the thread

slashsteel
04-10-2007, 06:01 AM
Some boards don't allow any images or for that matter animation in the sigs. I want to take the time to give props to this board for not being anal and allowing things that a decent amount of boards don't.

TX Steel
05-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Do you have to have a certain number of posts before you can upload a sig? I went to my User CP, clicked Edit Signature, and uploaded a sig. It appeared on my edit page under "your current signature." But I don't see it when I post.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I just need to be patient...

fansince'76
05-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Do you have to have a certain number of posts before you can upload a sig? I went to my User CP, clicked Edit Signature, and uploaded a sig. It appeared on my edit page under "your current signature." But I don't see it when I post.

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if I just need to be patient...

No, you should be able to add one immediately. I am thinking that it may be too large either in dimensions (more likely) or in the size of the file itself (less likely) - please ensure that it adheres to the following criteria:

Does not exceed 500 pixels in width and 150 pixels in height.
Does not exceed 100 kb in size.

SteelCityMan786
05-25-2007, 09:19 PM
LITP covers it pretty well.

We can only allow 1 image because it slows down the server.