PDA

View Full Version : Last season of the Sopranos!

augustashark
03-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Will Tony flip? Will AJ take over? Will Christopher OD and go out a junkie? Many questions left to be answered. I hope David Chase does not disapoint on this last season! I will miss this show, best tv show of all time!

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2007, 08:39 AM
It's strange, I watched season six over again and it was pretty damn good up until about episode 5 or 6. After that it went completely downhill.

Anways, I see Tony flipping before being killed off. He was shot once already. AJ can't take over because Christopher is next in line. If Christopher dies then it would go to either Paulie or Silvio. Eitherway, if AJ is head of the New Jersey La Cosa Nostra you know they are falling on very hard times. That kid can hardly manage his sock droor let alone a family. Hell, Meadow is more capable.

Also, I don't see Christopher OD'ing. If anything I see Phil sending somebody from his crew to take out Christopher. While the heart to heart moment between Tony and Phil at the hospital was warm, it's not going to last. Phil still holds a grudge for the death of his brother by Tony Blundetto. Tony ordering the bombing of Phil's front in North Bergen. There was also that little incident when Tony chased Phil down in his SUV and ended up beating his head against the dashboard. Yeah, bad blood....lol. Those incidents are not easily forgotten.

But as always with David Chase, you never know what's going to happen. 12 more days A.S.!!! :bouncy:

Also worth noting that while David Chase did not state he was going to make a movie dealing with the Sopranos, he did not count it out.

Stlrs4Life
03-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I love the Sopranos, I hope Tony stays alive. If not, to me it will ruin the entire show. If he does, I think Sylvio or Phil take over. And I think Chris if clean would be good, but also think he gets hit.

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Phil can't take over Jersey. He's part of the NYC family. I mean, if they want to keep the show realistic Phil will stay in NY and continue to fill in as street boss for Johnny Sack while he's doing 15 years. Normal protocal. Plus, Phil's hated in NJ and not just by Tony. It would end up like the real-life John Gotti vs Paul Castellano situation. Castellano was hated in many cirles when he took over as boss and he ended up dead in front of Sparks Steakhouse in downtown Manhattan.

While Silvio taking over is much more likely compared to Phil taking over, we already saw what happened to him when he became street boss while Tony was in the hospital. He couldn't handle the responsibilities and he eventually ended up in the hospital with asthma attacks brought on by stress. The guy panicked when having to deal with the day to day issues Tony has to put up with as the Capo di Tutti Capi of NJ.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out. I'm pumped for these last nine episodes.

83-Steelers-43
03-30-2007, 09:23 AM
Tony Soprano Looks for the Road Less Traveled
By JERRY CAPECI
March 23, 2007

The steady genius that David Chase and his crafty crew of co-conspirators have brought to "The Sopranos," their award winning HBO series, has been to blend the antics of genuine wiseguys with a whiff of whimsical fantasy, ranging from pesky ducks to dream sequences.

Given that extra pinch of oregano that Mr. Chase mixes in each week, it would be foolhardy to predict what he has in store for Tony Soprano and all the familiar characters as the show sets out for its homestretch on April 8.

This is television, after all, so Tony could become the first mob astronaut and fly solo to Mars to launch a new extraterrestrial Bada Bing (which could then be used for a spin-off series). But he could easily end up like any number of real New York or New Jersey Mafia bosses. The question is, after nearly a decade of watching this family life, of loving and hating this Jersey giant, how will we judge Tony Soprano in the end? In the real world of the Mafia, there are four ways out of the business:

WHACKED There are good odds that Tony will end up like Paul " Big Paul" Castellano ? dead on the sidewalk with consigliare Silvio Dante sprawled alongside him on the street after arriving for a dinner meeting at Artie Bucco's joint. That's how Castellano and Tommy Billotti famously got theirs outside Manhattan's Sparks Steak House when four assassins dressed in trench coats and Cossack-style fur hats gunned them down a few days before Christmas, in 1985. Castellano, a cousin and brother-in-law of crime family patriarch Carlo Gambino, had been trained as a butcher (like Tony Soprano's old man) and became very successful in the meat and poultry business. A hand picked successor of Gambino's, Big Paul forgot that the rules gangsters live and die by are different from those governing most businessmen. Ambitious underling John Gotti reminded him.

Or Tony could end up like Carmine "Lilo" Galante, shot dead, an after-dinner cigar still clenched in his teeth, with Artie and Paulie Walnuts also blown away as collateral damage in the bloodletting.

Galante, a notorious heroin trafficker who had run the Bonanno family's drug importation business from Montreal in the 1950s, got his on the outdoor rear patio of Joe and Mary's Italian American Restaurant in Bushwick, Brooklyn, in the summer of 1979. The cigar-chomping Galante was marked for death by the Commission, the mob's ruling body, for attempting to take control from the reigning Bonanno family boss, who was imprisoned at the time. He paid with his life. So did the restaurant owner and his son.

IMPRISONED Like Gotti, Tony could be convicted of murder and sentenced to life, not for killing his boss, but for whacking any number of other victims, including his cousin, Tony Blundetto, or his nephew's fianc?e, Adriana La Cerva. Christopher could play the major turncoat role in a final act of betrayal.

We could imagine a last scene of a grim and time-ravaged Tony, sitting alone on a thin mattress in a gray cell muttering to himself, his only audience a metal toilet with no lid.

That's how Gotti spent his last years. After a brief reign, which began when the swashbuckling Dapper Don ordered the spectacular Midtown assassination of Castellano, Gotti died of cancer in a prison hospital at 60. In a Gottilike plot twist, Tony's son, A.J., could reluctantly take over the crime family and later beat a racketeering charge. Meadow could drop out of law school and become a best-selling author and star in a reality show about her life as the daughter of a Mafia don. Carmela could dabble in water colors, specializing in still-life landscape.

Or Tony could end up in the same boat as a real-life waste management expert, Anthony "Tony Ducks" Corallo, the boss of the Luchese family who was sentenced to 100 years in prison and died therein at 88.

Corallo, who earned his nickname from an uncanny ability to "duck" under the long arm of the law (that is, until he was nailed along with the other four family leaders in the historic Commission case), was the last Mafia boss to do right by his crime family when he was convicted back in 1986. Unlike all the others since, he abdicated, giving the Lucheses the opportunity to shift for themselves rather than be guided by an egotistical, jailed-for-life boss more interested in himself than the welfare of the soldiers still on the street.

RETIRED There are also the happily-ever-after possibilities. Like Joseph " Joe Bananas" Bonanno, who stepped down and retired to Tucson in the late 1960s to end family feuding and appease the Commission, Tony could give up the reins of the family entirely in a special new-age mob deal to avoid looming bloodshed.

Bonanno, who wrote a book about his life and enjoyed the royalties until the ripe old age of 97, lived the life of a millionaire while serving less than two years in prison. The youngest of 24 Mafia bosses to be sanctioned by the newly formed Mafia Commission in 1931, Bonanno drew the ire of the ruling body 33 years later for plotting to whack two of his rival bosses. Rather than be killed, he wisely accepted their offer to get out of town. He relocated to Tucson, where he became a self-described "venture capitalist."

Tony could also follow the lead of the boss of the so-called real Sopranos, the New Jersey-based DeCavalcante family, whose boss, Simone "Sam the Plumber" DeCavalcante, retired to Florida, where he died in 1997.

Inducted into the mob by his wiseguy father in the 1940s, Sam the Plumber was family boss in the early 1960s when the FBI, which was involved in widespread illegal bugging of mobsters across the country, tapped a Kenilworth, N.J., plumbing company that served as his headquarters. Thousands of hours of conversations became public ? and the subject matter of two books ? when DeCavalcante's lawyer demanded that the feds turn over all illegally obtained conversations of his client, and the feds obliged by filing them in court.

THE INFORMER Then there is the unthinkable, the ultimate insult. As burly Bonanno family boss Joseph Massino did three years ago, Tony could join Team America and confound Christopher, Uncle Junior, Bobby Bacala, and all the rest by becoming a turncoat. Massino, the so-called Last Don who was convicted of seven murders on the testimony of eight mob turncoats, including his brother-in-law, caved in and looked to cooperate right after the jury pronounced him guilty.

Tony might be so inclined. During a dream sequence in one Season 5 episode, he was seen clutching a copy of the "Valachi Papers," the story of the first mob turncoat. "I've done my homework," he told a bystander. Tony might see the light before he gets arrested and make a deal for himself to pursue the other American dream out in the Heartland, where he could become Kevin Finnerty, a solar-heating systems salesman from Arizona, the alter ego he became last season when he was shot and nearly died.

This suggests one last hybrid possibility, one that might appeal to Mr. Chase's mordant humor: Tony, now a workaday schmo picking up his morning coffee at a Dunkin' Donuts someplace in Middle America, gunned down by some petty criminal trying to steal a few lousy dollars from the cash register. Fadeout: Tony, blood mixing with spilled coffee, staring at the ceiling. Are those ducks flying overhead? Roll credits.

http://www.nysun.com/article/51075?page_no=1

augustashark
04-05-2007, 03:14 PM
Just a few more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Paulie Walnuts!!!!!

augustashark
04-07-2007, 11:44 AM
little over 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel the final season will start with a " BANG "!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering who if anyone will get iced in the first episode.

I'm sure you're ready 83!

83-Steelers-43
04-07-2007, 12:12 PM

I feel the final season will start with a " BANG "!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wondering who if anyone will get iced in the first episode.

I'm sure you're ready 83!

I've been ready for 15 months now..lol. Sort of a minor spoiler, but TV guide had a special on these upcoming 9 episodes. As expected, Tony and Phil are back at each other's throats and Christopher's movie dreams come true.

That's about all they divulged. In honor of the last nine I'll join you and get my Soprano avatar up and running..lol.

Stlrs4Life
04-07-2007, 01:40 PM
Just a few more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long live Paulie Walnuts!!!!!

I hear ya. Paulie is my favorite also!

83-Steelers-43
04-08-2007, 09:46 AM

10 hours and 14 minutes AS!!! :wink02: :banana:

83-Steelers-43
04-08-2007, 09:00 PM
I've always wondered who would win in a fight between Tony and Bobby. Now I know. I'm sure that incident will brew in Tony's mind through these next eight episodes. At the same time I think Bobby is going to resent Tony sending him out on his first hit. At some point I'm sure it will all come to a head.

Oh yeah and Janice makes me sick. That is all.

augustashark
04-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree with the Janice part, how funny was it when Richie punched her right in that big ass dome of hers.

With Tony questioning himself about how tough he is and getting older and add in the rico case being built....I don't know, can he flip just to get out?!

Hope the 2nd episode picks up some steam on the others.

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I hear ya. The reco case is interesting, how will he beat that? I also think Chris gets involved in the next couple of episodes also.

83-Steelers-43
04-09-2007, 11:15 AM
If they build a strong RICO case against Tony he better start counting his blessings. There must be another rat in the NJ crew. They didn't get anything big from Eugene Pontecorvo. They didn't get anything big from Adriana LaCerva and they didn't get anything big from Ray Curto who croaked right as he was going to tell the FBI what he had on Tony. Maybe one of these three gave them something big that they (David Chase) has chose not to divulge to us directly? Or they have a bug at the Bing or Satriale's? That's my only guess.

Also, the NY crew either has a rat or they're joint is bugged. Last season FBI agent Harris came up to Tony and told him that somebody in his crew is in grave danger after Tony fire bombed one of Phil's joints and killed Fat Dom. Obviously there wasn't an FBI agent in the room when that was discussed so they either have a rat or the joint is bugged.

Jeremy
04-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Did anyone else see Bobby drop the gun in the hallway? As soon as I saw that, I thought Bobby was going to be in deep trouble. The guy isn't a killer and nothing good is going to come from his first hit.

83-Steelers-43
04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Did anyone else see Bobby drop the gun in the hallway? As soon as I saw that, I thought Bobby was going to be in deep trouble. The guy isn't a killer and nothing good is going to come from his first hit.

Nothing out of the ordinary. Normally after a hit the gun is immediately dropped. In The Godfather after Michael kills McCluskey and Sollozzo he drops the gun on the floor. For the most part, through all six episodes in The Sopranos you have seen the hitter drop the gun next to or near the target. Also, Bobby had rubber gloves on during the hit. No prints.

If anything, I'm more concerned with Bobby's psyche after his first hit and how it will effect his "job" in the future. Add that to his bitter feelings towards Tony and you might have a recipe for disaster in the next eight episodes.

Jeremy
04-09-2007, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=83-Steelers-43;235819] Also, Bobby had rubber gloves on during the hit. No prints. QUOTE]

I didn't notice that. He was visibly shaken after the hit. I don't see Bobby as being like the rest of the crew. He's not as callous as the rest. I've never seen him with a mistress and he's a lot better to his kids.

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Bobbys psyche is going to be shaky for awhile, you could just tell by the way he was holding his daughter. How about watching that 1 Duck fly, and the littlke girl singing the 7 little duckies song!

Jeremy
04-10-2007, 09:42 AM
The boat and the water are going to be big symbols this season.

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Anybody wonder about that big hunk of shirt that bobby left when he poped that dude??

Prosdo
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM
I did Arkie. Going to be evidence on it.

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 12:07 PM
I'm not exactly sure what they can get on Bobby from a torn piece of shirt. Unless the Canadian grabbed chest hair? That's my only guess.

Eitherway, if Bobby does get pegged for that murder I strongly believe he will flip. Bobby can't do hard time away from his kids. If anybody should have been nicknamed "Big *****" in The Sopranos it should have been Bobby "Baccala" Baccalieri. Sal deserves the nickname since he flipped, but Bobby should have been "Little *****" Baccalieri.

That's what's great about this show. So many question marks and hypothetical situations to debate after one episode. It's good to see Chase get this show back on track.

Interesting little tidbit about the Sopranos. The actor Chase wanted first and foremost to play the role of Tony Soprano was Ray Liotta. I was not aware of that up until a few weeks ago.

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
What was the big deal about hollow points I have 1000's of rounds of that stuff around the house and I aint breaking any law???

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 12:17 PM
What was the big deal about hollow points I have 1000's of rounds of that stuff around the house and I aint breaking any law???

Good question ARKIE. I have no idea. My only guess is that there might be a state law in Jersey not permitting hollow point rounds? That's just a guess on my part.

ARKIESTEEL
04-10-2007, 12:22 PM
Good question ARKIE. I have no idea. My only guess is that there might be a state law in Jersey not permitting hollow point rounds? That's just a guess on my part.

Hollow points would be safer for by standers and cops alike. They dont go thru vest as well and they dont shoot thru walls as well as other types of rounds. Seems like a silly law if it be one

83-Steelers-43
04-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Hollow points would be safer for by standers and cops alike. They dont go thru vest as well and they dont shoot thru walls as well as other types of rounds. Seems like a silly law if it be one

Googled and found this Arkie......

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/about/fire_hollow.html

augustashark
04-17-2007, 01:06 AM
RIP Johnny Sac!

Boy did this episode set up some serious stroy lines......The story line with Tony and Christopher could turn ugly! I think next week we may see some real action.

83-Steelers-43
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Man, there's so many directions this season can go.

It seems like Phil is going through what Tony went through after junior shot him only ten fold. Before you know it we will witness Phil going door to door selling bibles and spreading the word of the God.

If I'm Tony, I would be more concerned with old school gangster "Doc" Santoro than Christopher or Phil at this point in time. This is a guy who hit Gerry Torciano in the middle of a restaurant while using one of Tony's guy's (Sil) as a diversion. Tony even stated he would rather see Phil as capo di tutti capi in New York over Doc Santoro and he basically begged Little Carmine to take the spot. Little Carmine declined and Phil wants no part of it.

So far I'm very pleased with the way this season is going. Not because there has been two hits in two episodes, but because Chase decided to stay on track instead of beating a storyline (Vito) for 10 straight episodes. You get the feeling that next week and the week after will only get better. I couldn't say that about last season.

Prosdo
04-17-2007, 11:04 AM
This season is living up to my hopes so far. The whole Vito storyline killed last season for me. It seems like he has gotten back to the roots of the show.

augustashark
04-18-2007, 01:05 PM
The previews for the upcoming episode kinda shows paulie in some hot water and makes you think he may get iced!

I would be very shocked if they had paulie getting wacked this early into the final season.

I still believe that there is a war brewing between NY and NJ.

Philly can not let go of the fact that his brother Billy is dead.......This may be his downfall.

Stlrs4Life
04-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Man, there's so many directions this season can go.

It seems like Phil is going through what Tony went through after junior shot him only ten fold. Before you know it we will witness Phil going door to door selling bibles and spreading the word of the God.

If I'm Tony, I would be more concerned with old school gangster "Doc" Santoro than Christopher or Phil at this point in time. This is a guy who hit Gerry Torciano in the middle of a restaurant while using one of Tony's guy's (Sil) as a diversion. Tony even stated he would rather see Phil as capo di tutti capi in New York over Doc Santoro and he basically begged Little Carmine to take the spot. Little Carmine declined and Phil wants no part of it.

So far I'm very pleased with the way this season is going. Not because there has been two hits in two episodes, but because Chase decided to stay on track instead of beating a storyline (Vito) for 10 straight episodes. You get the feeling that next week and the week after will only get better. I couldn't say that about last season.

Very well said. I too believe Tony is also a step ahead. He thinks prety far in advance. The Torciano killing confused me?

83-Steelers-43
04-18-2007, 04:46 PM
The Torciano killing confused me?

It basically boiled down to a power struggle between Torciano and Doc Santoro.

Gerry Torciano, Phil Leotardo, Little Carmine Lupertazzi and Doc Santoro were all viable candidates for head boss of NY. Phil and Little Carmine have shown very little interest. That left Torciano and Santoro. Torciano was very interested in the opportunity. Doc Santoro did not like that idea and decided to "take" Torciano out of the equation.

83-Steelers-43
04-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Also, since Doc is a "new" face on the show it will be interesting to see how him and Tony do business together.

Johnny Sac and Tony (while tense at times) kept a pretty solid and calm relationship. Tony and Phil's relationship was heated the majority of the time but things have cooled down. Example, I forget which one of Phil's guys insulted Tony in private, but Phil glared him down in either the first or second episodes this season. While he is still upset over his brother's death, I don't think he blames Tony. I think he blames the "life" in which they live. I believe he is starting to resent his decision to join La Cosa Nostra.

Then there is Doc Santoro who killed Torciano while using Silvio as a diversion. Not exactly a healthy way of starting off a relationship in that business. If you recall Tony was pretty upset with that move. It shows a sign of total disrespect. The guy used Tony's consigliere. It's not like Doc used some low level NJ street soldier.

augustashark
04-19-2007, 01:05 PM
Also, since Doc is a "new" face on the show it will be interesting to see how him and Tony do business together.

Johnny Sac and Tony (while tense at times) kept a pretty solid and calm relationship. Tony and Phil's relationship was heated the majority of the time but things have cooled down. Example, I forget which one of Phil's guys insulted Tony in private, but Phil glared him down in either the first or second episodes this season. While he is still upset over his brother's death, I don't think he blames Tony. I think he blames the "life" in which they live. I believe he is starting to resent his decision to join La Cosa Nostra.

Then there is Doc Santoro who killed Torciano while using Silvio as a diversion. Not exactly a healthy way of starting off a relationship in that business. If you recall Tony was pretty upset with that move. It shows a sign of total disrespect. The guy used Tony's consigliere. It's not like Doc used some low level NJ street soldier.

I don't know 83, I think that he is still upset that Tony took out Tony B. I know that Phil wanted that honor and when Tony took it from him I think he buried it deep down and it will turn it's ugly head. More then likely I'm wrong, but it would not shock me.

It would not be a stretch for David Chase to set up the viewers to think that Little Carmine does not want to be the "BOSS" and then turn and make a run at the top position.

Stlrs4Life
04-19-2007, 08:01 PM
83, it was last weeks episode. The bald guy.

83-Steelers-43
04-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Well, Doc is "out" and Phil is in. I didn't see that coming (at least not this early). I'm not exactly seeing where the Uncle Junior and the Asian kid story is going? I hope that storyline doesn't drag on for the next six episodes. A buddy of mine was on the edge of his seat while Tony and Paulie were on the boat. I kept telling him "He's not going to do it. He's not going to do it"...lol.

IMO, this past episode wasn't exactly the greatest episode up to this point in the season. I wish they would have focused more on Phil's intentions towards Doc instead of Uncle Junior in the looney home. It seemed like Chase spent 55 minutes inside the looney home and then "threw" in the Doc Santoro hit to liven it up a bit.

pittsburghp8baller
04-23-2007, 11:57 AM
i think in the end either Christopher or Tony will end up dying by each others hands. someone from Tony's crew will get locked up another one dead. AJ doesnt have what it takes to be a boss. i dont know who would take over if something happens to Tony.

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 12:53 PM
The Asian kid either A. killed Junior or B. will kill Junior.

Am I the only one rooting for Paulie to get killed?

83-Steelers-43
04-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, whatever happens next with the Asian kid and Junior, hopefully it happens quick and we can get back to business.

I'm a Paulie fan. I like Tony the best with Christopher coming in as a close second, but if there is one person on that show who I would like to see gone it's Anthony Jr. I don't like the character and I think Robert Iler is a horrible actor. I was hoping for an O.D. last season.

Jeremy
04-23-2007, 03:09 PM
Well, whatever happens next with the Asian kid and Junior, hopefully it happens quick and we can get back to business.

I'm a Paulie fan. I like Tony the best with Christopher coming in as a close second, but if there is one person on that show who I would like to see gone it's Anthony Jr. I don't like the character and I think Robert Iler is a horrible actor. I was hoping for an O.D. last season.

His voice sounds like someone running over a cat with a vaccum cleaner.

As long as Meadow doesn't get caught in some kind of freaky cross-fire, we're good to go.

83-Steelers-43
04-23-2007, 03:16 PM
As long as Meadow doesn't get caught in some kind of freaky cross-fire, we're good to go.

Caught in a cross-fire? No. Caught in more lingerie? Oh yeah. :wink02:

Atlanta Dan
04-23-2007, 03:20 PM
The Godfather references are coming fast and furious this season:

Tony sitting alone at the lake in Episode I with the empty boat bumping up against the dock (end of Godfather II)

Tony checking tomatos last night (Brando died in the tomato patch)

"Doc" getting a Mo Green bullet in the eye last night

Junior stroking the cat as in the Brando opening of Godfather I

It as if every major character is getting a farewell episode - last night showcased physical/mental decline with Uncle Junior and Paulie. I am hoping Chase links this all up rather than just letting every character get quality time with Tony as the show wraps up

I also do not see where Asian kid fits in but after what happened at VT last week it was eerie for an emotionally disturbed Asian American guy in his early 20s with major anger managment issues to be showcased last night

I am convinced Tony gets whacked but do not know if it will be family (Janice/Christopher) or Family (Phil/Sil)

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2007, 07:00 PM

Yeah. I admit to bieng on the edge of my seat when Paulie and Tony were on the boat, but just knew he couldn't kill Paulie.

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2007, 07:06 PM

Yeah. I admit to bieng on the edge of my seat when Paulie and Tony were on the boat, but just knew he couldn't kill Paulie.

I'm basically in the same thinking you are 83. I believe AJ does something stupid, like it's not something that he hasn't done before. Or Christopher gets whacked.

83-Steelers-43
04-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm basically in the same thinking you are 83. I believe AJ does something stupid, like it's not something that he hasn't done before.

In one of the previews HBO has shown for future episodes they showed AJ blowing up over something. Hopefully it ends in tragedy.

Edited post. Saw this later today and figured I would post it.....

Per HBO:

This week, Tony hits an unlucky stretch and AJ makes a life-changing decision. Meanwhile, Vito's widow Marie turns to Tony for help with her troubled son. Watch Episode 81: "Chasing It" this Sunday at 9PM.

Stlrs4Life
04-26-2007, 06:09 PM
Life changing decision? Hmmm, don't believe him and that girl get married, she doesn't seem too happy with him right now. Tony, and unlucky steretch. Should be interesting.

83-Steelers-43
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
IMO, lame episode. Vito Jr. is in some Idaho boys camp to get straightened out so he doesn't look like a mix between Boy George and Casper the Friendly Ghost on heroin. Tony has a gambling problem. Hesh and Tony are butting heads over cash. Hesh's woman died in bed. AJ got dumped by that PR chick.

I thought this was pretty obvious in seasons past, but something is definately up with those two Arabs who hang out (or used to) at the Bing. Nothing good is going to come from that situation. Where is that Homeland security? Or are they too busy trying to pin a RICO on Tony?

Jeremy
04-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Letardo is walking on thin ice.

Just as an aside, Nancy Sinatra looked like death warmed over. Couldn't makeup do something more with her? Good Lord.

83-Steelers-43
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
IMO, Phil Leotardo is sailing smooth at this point. He doesn't have anybody in the NY faction stepping up to the plate and trying to knock him off his high horse and New Jersey is a mess. Uncle Junior is talking to the walls and Tony has a gambling problem.

On top of Tony having a gambling problem, his own guys are slowly starting to turn on him. Christopher is drifting away from the family to a degree and still has Adriana on his mind. Baccala and the incident up at the cabin. Paulie and Tony on their little trip. Tony and Hesh in this past episode. Tony and Carlo had a nice little exchange in the car in the last episode with Tony stating something along the lines of "Vito made triple what you make in construction" leaving Carlo to give Tony a prolonged stare down from the backseat. I might as well include Patsy Parisi to the growing "list".

At this point, Tony/NJ is on a downward spiral and Phil is king of NYC. It's not looking good for NJ. The way this season is panning out, the more I see Tony taking a bullet in the back of the head when all is said and done.

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Was anyone else really disturbed by the poop in the shower scene?

Buzz05
05-01-2007, 08:42 AM
I wouldnt call it disturbed...but more like puzzling...like how could the writers come up with something like that...it was a little out there...

83-Steelers-43
05-01-2007, 09:55 AM
I wouldnt call it disturbed...but more like puzzling...like how could the writers come up with something like that...it was a little out there...

I agree. I felt there were other ways for Chase to make his point. Then again, the kid looking like a little freak and knocking over tombstones kind of punched the point home for me earlier in the episode.

Buzz05
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
What was your view at the end when the Shrink told Tony he was wasting her time..do you think she is giving up on him? Maybe that is how it ends, she gives up on him. He goes nuts and ends up sitting next to Junior in the nut house...

83-Steelers-43
05-01-2007, 10:55 AM
What was your view at the end when the Shrink told Tony he was wasting her time..do you think she is giving up on him? Maybe that is how it ends, she gives up on him. He goes nuts and ends up sitting next to Junior in the nut house...

Good point. Another person in Tony's life who is starting to get fed up with him. IMO, I don't see Tony going nuts. I see somebody close to him putting a bullet in his head.

Buzz05
05-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Good point. Another person in Tony's life who is starting to get fed up with him. IMO, I don't see Tony going nuts. I see somebody close to him putting a bullet in his head.

Def. a possibility

Stlrs4Life
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM

I see your point 83, just don't want to see it that way. More fallout between NY and NJ is going to happen also. I thought Rhil basically wanted out, but now I'm not so sure. And the Arab guys that are hanging out and around are interesting.

Jeremy
05-01-2007, 10:20 PM

Only one way to do that. Someone they know did it already.

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I see your point 83, just don't want to see it that way. More fallout between NY and NJ is going to happen also. I thought Rhil basically wanted out, but now I'm not so sure. And the Arab guys that are hanging out and around are interesting.

You and me both. I would rather see him happily retire (Joe Bonanno style) or get things straightened out in both of his families and continue to run the organization. I just don't see either occuring with the amount of tension in the air in this final season.

As for Phil, I also felt he was going to settle down and let Doc take over NYC which would cause friction between Tony and Doc. Then all of a sudden Doc was on the side of the road with a bullet in his eye.

The two Arabs are definately up to something. A terrorist attack of some sort(?). Those credit card numbers are going to something and I doubt it's for mass quantities of turbans.

augustashark
05-02-2007, 10:39 AM
All over the board is all I can say! I mean, Hesh's girlfriend dying......Vetos kid......arabs......AJ.....

I just don't know how all this can be tied together.......Chase is driving me nuts.....

I do think the terrorist angle will rear its ugly head....

Paulie and Christopher's relationship has to come to ahead!!!!

Plus I'm still waiting for the the Interior Decorator from Russia to pop up........LLLLL

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 10:41 AM
Paulie and Christopher's relationship has to come to ahead!!!!

Yeah, after the last episode they showed previews for future episodes and those two were bumping heads. That should be a very interesting altercation...lol.

augustashark
05-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Yeah, after the last episode they showed previews for future episodes and those two were bumping heads. That should be a very interesting altercation...lol.

IMO, Paulie wins hands down! Hell, this is the guy that bumbed off the old lady because he was short and late with his payment to Tony. Remember, she said in front of Paulie that she keep $$ under the mattress.....LOL....Paulies eyes light up like a christmas tree.:sofunny:

Serious though, Who makes it? Give me your guesses.....I still think Sil or Bobby makes it all that way to the end...Well see.

Jeremy
05-02-2007, 02:13 PM
IMO, Paulie wins hands down! Hell, this is the guy that bumbed off the old lady because he was short and late with his payment to Tony. Remember, she said in front of Paulie that she keep $$ under the mattress.....LOL....Paulies eyes light up like a christmas tree.:sofunny:

Serious though, Who makes it? Give me your guesses.....I still think Sil or Bobby makes it all that way to the end...Well see.

I'm thinking some kind of massacre near the end. Paulie, Christopher, Bobby.....

83-Steelers-43
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM

I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out who get's put on ice and who stays alive, but if I had to guess.....

Tony = Dead.

Paulie = Comes out clean.

Christopher = Dead.

Bobby = Comes out alive, but not clean (strong possibility he ends up becoming a rat).

Silvio = Comes out clean.

Carlo = Dead.

83-Steelers-43
05-03-2007, 06:28 AM
The "Real" Sopranos......

WARNING: Explicit Language

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f0dZMuhCmM&mode=related&search=

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkxmzoNAERI&mode=related&search=

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4VrpmQ6OY&mode=related&search=

Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCdHw_YrOyY&mode=related&search=

Part 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX6m38EZPz4&mode=related&search=

83-Steelers-43
05-06-2007, 11:10 AM
This week, A.J. struggles with depression. Meanwhile, Kelli's dad is the unwitting catalyst of a new feud between Christopher and Paulie in Episode 82: "Walk Like a Man" this Sunday at 9PM.

What do you think AS? A possible A.J. suicide or D.O.?

Here's to hoping Chase doesn't focus on the A.J. saga for 45 minutes. It's going to be interesting to see how Kelli's dad get's swept up in the feud between Christopher and Paulie.

Jeremy
05-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Once again, I hate Paulie.

Buzz05
05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Paulie is a tool, plain and simple. Im kind of curios to see whats going to happen now that Chris is drinking again and it seemed like AJ was enjoying himself with the frat guys and the numbers business. Could AJ be looking into the family business?

Personally I think Chris and Paulie kill eachother or Chris becomes a rat to save his family, this whole thing with Tony and the Arabs is weird. I would like to know where Chase is taking this angle.

Jeremy
05-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Christopher is going to die, it all depends on who kills him. Tony is already setting him up to go down.

Buzz05
05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
If Chris dies I think its Paulie that does the deed

Jeremy
05-07-2007, 08:53 AM
If Chris dies I think its Paulie that does the deed

Paulie then gets dead from Tony. He's waiting for an excuse to knock off Paulie.

Buzz05
05-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Do you think Chris turns states evidence to protect his family, or do you think he just goes off the deepend. Because I could really see Chris turning after he popped the guy in the head. If this guy is a high end writer then his condo prob has video cameras or whatever and Chris could be busted...he turns, rats out Tony, Paulie and Bobby go after Chris and it turns out to be a blood bath

Jeremy
05-07-2007, 09:50 AM
Do you think Chris turns states evidence to protect his family, or do you think he just goes off the deepend. Because I could really see Chris turning after he popped the guy in the head. If this guy is a high end writer then his condo prob has video cameras or whatever and Chris could be busted...he turns, rats out Tony, Paulie and Bobby go after Chris and it turns out to be a blood bath

It's going to get messy, that's for sure.

Buzz05
05-07-2007, 09:55 AM
Yea I def. agree

Stlrs4Life
05-07-2007, 09:30 PM
I don't know, but surely, either Paulie or Christopher is going to die.

83-Steelers-43
05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
IMO, Christopher's situation could go eitherway. Rat or dead. I'm definately leaning towards death.

As for Paulie, Buzz, I'm a Paulie fan. Old school gangster for the most part (compared to the likes of Christopher). He has his faults, but he's dependable for the most part. Between Christopher's big mouth, turning Mr. Hollywood, not staying on point with the day to day operations and not being able to deal with the stress that comes along with the territory (ends up either snorting, shooting or drinking something), I see him taking two behind the ear. He's weak.

AJ, I have no idea where that will end up. At first I thought (was hoping) he would be out of the picture by now. The kid who was burned with the acid could either rat or it get's back to Tony.

Buzz05
05-08-2007, 09:58 AM
See I duno 83, I see where you are coming with Paulie. He is old school and a bad@ss. And is fun to watch. But it seems like he is Chris' kryptonite. He knows how to push his buttons. After a while it just kind of gets old I guess. But I def agree with Chris being weak. If he doesnt rat he ends up dead either by Paulie or Bobby.

AJ I think tries to break into the family business. Whether he succeeds or not who knows.

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I thought Paulie offering Christopher a free steak dinner was a classy move. Christopher's problem is that everybody in that organization is a bad influence on him. Example, when Tony and Christopher hijacked the cases of wine from that biker gang (wha, wha, we are the Vipers...lol).

Christopher is in a bad, bad situation. IMO, Paulie didn't make him (or push him) to have the drink near the end of the last episode. While Paulie was egging him on, Christopher did go overboard by pushing Little Paulie Germani out of a three story window (possibly paralyzing the guy). At the same time, Tony should have nipped it in the butt before it got to that point. Still, you can't do that to a capo's nephew and right hand man.

I can't wait to watch these last four episodes. Wish it would never end.

Buzz05
05-08-2007, 10:17 AM
See at the end I thought it was classy at Paulie's part to order him a Club Soda but Chris stupidity to get drunk. If he was sober, he never would have shot JT and he never would have let Paulie push his buttons..even though it was funny. Tony should take some of the blame for not ending it from the beginning when Chris wanted to talk. I understand why Chris was upset though, it was his father in law, but man Little Paulie felt the rath. I think Chris has to realize he cant have both worlds, sobriety and the family. Atleast thats why he says he isnt around as much.

I seriously think this show could go on for years to come if it wasnt for the high price of the actors.

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 10:24 AM
I seriously think this show could go on for years to come if it wasnt for the high price of the actors.

I agree completely. I don't see why not. The ratings are excellent year after year. Although last season took a hit which was understandable in my opinion. If Chase wanted to continue the series he would have to keep Tony alive. I can't imagine that show getting huge ratings minus James Gandolfini. He has the role down to a tee. I can't believe Chase wanted Ray Liotta to play the part in the beginning.

All I can hope for is that Chase decides to go ahead with a movie in the future. He hasn't ruled it out completely. I guess it depends on how this season ends?

Buzz05
05-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I agree completely. I don't see why not. The ratings are excellent year after year. Although last season took a hit which was understandable in my opinion. If Chase wanted to continue the series he would have to keep Tony alive. I can't imagine that show getting huge ratings minus James Gandolfini. He has the role down to a tee. I can't believe Chase wanted Ray Liotta to play the part in the beginning.

All I can hope for is that Chase decides to go ahead with a movie in the future. He hasn't ruled it out completely. I guess it depends on how this season ends?

I liked Ray Liotta in Goodfellas, but I love Gandolfini in the Sopranos.

I was actually having this convo with my boss yesterday. I could see someone snitching (Like Christopher) and Tony goes to jail in the final episode. Then release a movie about it and how Tony goes to trial and what ensues after...that movie would be huge. I think that would be a cool way to see it end though.

83-Steelers-43
05-08-2007, 10:36 AM
I liked Ray Liotta in Goodfellas, but I love Gandolfini in the Sopranos.

I was actually having this convo with my boss yesterday. I could see someone snitching (Like Christopher) and Tony goes to jail in the final episode. Then release a movie about it and how Tony goes to trial and what ensues after...that movie would be huge. I think that would be a cool way to see it end though.

I'm a huge Ray Liotta fan, so I guess hinesight is 20/20. I probably would have enjoyed the show just as much if Liotta was Tony Soprano. It's tough though after seeing Gandolfini pin the role...lol.

I could easily see your scenario panning out. Although I wonder if that tid bit of information Tony gave the FBI agents on the three Arabs will come into play if comes down to Tony going to the slammer? It's not exactly a get out of jail free card (especially when it comes to RICO), but it could help.

It's crazy thinking about all the scenario's which "could" happen in the weeks to come, but I still think Christopher is going to take a bullet in the back of the head before he has a chance to open his mouth to anybody. That boy is driving 95, going the wrong way on a one way street with the lights off.

Buzz05
05-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Yeah with all the possibilities I cant wait to see how it ends. I have a feeling its gonna be one of the biggest finale's ever.

Stlrs4Life
05-08-2007, 10:14 PM
I believe the ending leaves us hanging either way. Movie or not! Seems like alot of answers to dish out in 4 episodes.

Buzz05
05-09-2007, 07:20 AM
I dont know, do you think some of the questions arent going to get answers. What if some of th issues are just smoke screens to keep everyone guessing. Like the Arabs, maybe they are just a ploy so no one can figure out the ending. Same thing with Chris putting a bullet in JT's head or when Bobby killed that Canadian guy he he tore his shirt..for all we know it could be one giant smoke screen for something even bigger.

83-Steelers-43
05-09-2007, 07:32 AM
IMO, the JT killing and Bobby's shirt in particular are non-factors. As for the Arabs, that storyline has been going on long before this season started. It's not as if Chase threw those two in the storyline this season. Those two are definately up to something. Just my hunch/opinion.

But, you never know. Chase has been known in past seasons to leave us hanging (The Russian) or bringing in people who have absolutely zero impact on the show (Tony's father's gumar).

Buzz05
05-09-2007, 07:38 AM
IMO, the JT killing and Bobby's shirt in particular are non-factors. As for the Arabs, that storyline has been going on long before this season started. It's not as if Chase threw those two in the storyline this season. Those two are definately up to something. Just my hunch/opinion.

But, you never know. Chase has been known in past seasons to leave us hanging (The Russian) or bringing in people who have absolutely zero impact on the show (Tony's father's gumar).

This true, I just wish I didnt have to wait an entire week between episodes. I wanna watch them back to back. The suspense is killing me.

83-Steelers-43
05-12-2007, 10:51 AM
This week, an asbestos-disposal impasse raises tensions between Jersey and New York. Meanwhile, Tony has a revelation while Paulie gets upstaged in Episode 83: "Kennedy and Heidi" this Sunday at 9PM.

83-Steelers-43
05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Take care Christopher.

Stlrs4Life
05-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Wow! I for one thought they were both dead in the accident. And don't know why Tony had to do that, I think Chris was done pretty much on his own. Tony just took advantage of the situation. Good call on Chris 83. What was the point of Tony going to Vegas though???? And Paulie felt so bad about his mom, after the way he treated her? Do yas think the last episode will be a 2 hour ending show? Or just the normal 1 hr.?

83-Steelers-43
05-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Wow! I for one thought they were both dead in the accident. And don't know why Tony had to do that, I think Chris was done pretty much on his own. Tony just took advantage of the situation.

That's what I figured up until somebody in the family stated that Christopher might have had a chance to live. But no doubt Christopher was in the bad shape.

Good call on Chris 83.

Thanks man, one of the few calls I got correct this season...lol.

What was the point of Tony going to Vegas though????

If I had to guess, just to simply get away from the situations. Between the asbestos situation, Paulie's mom and Christopher, I think the guy needed a break.

And Paulie felt so bad about his mom, after the way he treated her?

They made up recently and were on good terms.

Do yas think the last episode will be a 2 hour ending show? Or just the normal 1 hr.?

Just a guess on my part, but I think it will only be a one hour show.

I wonder what's up with "The Sopranos" and Pink Floyd this season. Tony was singing "Comfortably Numb" in the last episode when he was walking down the stairs after waking up and then tonight it was playing inside Christopher's truck directly before the accident.

Buzz05
05-14-2007, 05:11 AM
Well so far for Chris being a rat. Although Tony kind of elluded to that during his dream. So I think deep down he knew Chris would eventually rat him out. Like Tony said though, he was week and a liability. I wonder if the asbestos angle will be played out more in next weeks episode though with the guy dumping it at the end

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I wonder if the asbestos angle will be played out more in next weeks episode though with the guy dumping it at the end

IMO, the asbestos situation will be Tony's downfall. Whether it be from the authorities or NYC. When you start dumping in the waterways your asking for it and the relationship between Tony and Phil has definately heated up since their heart to heart talk when Phil was laid up in a hospital bed.

For some reason I can see Butch DeConcini putting a bullet in the back of Tony's head.

Buzz05
05-14-2007, 09:56 AM
the relationship between Tony and Phil has definately heated up since their heart to heart talk when Phil was laid up in a hospital bed.

well since my thinking of Chris being a rat was wrong I kind of thing its going to be a mob war with Tony and Phil. The obviously have issues now and that could be the angle

I did get a laugh out of Paulie feeling remorseful for Chris...and then resented him all over again when no one showed up to his mother funeral.

rbryan
05-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I don't think this season will be the end of the sopranos. Too much $ involved.
These guys are gonna end up making more comebacks than Michael Jordan and Mario Lemieux combined.

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2007, 12:19 PM
I don't think this season will be the end of the sopranos. Too much $ involved.

Are you thinking a movie or another season?

Buzz05
05-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I could see a movie, not another season. Although maybe there could be a spin-off of some sorts.

PAULIE WALNUTS GETS HIS OWN SHOW!

83-Steelers-43
05-14-2007, 12:39 PM
I could see a movie, not another season.

I can see that. As I stated before, Chase never ruled making a movie but he has made it clear on a number of occasions that this will be the last season of "The Sopranos". Although I'd have to see how this season ends before stating my opinion on if they even should make a movie.

Buzz05
05-14-2007, 12:42 PM
I just wish i didnt have to wait all week to see the next episode.

Atlanta Dan
05-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Powerful episode with great moments such as Tony trying to get Carm to agree it was a relief Chris was dead (first you try to get your wife to blow her real estate nest egg on the Jets & then try to get her to agree it is good her cousin who has left a wife and baby behind is dead - that marriage is sunk)

With Christopher gone (it was a nice twist to have his death occur at the beginning of the episode with consequences to follow rather than have the episode end cliffhanger style as the SUV rolled over) the clear line of attack on Tony is Phil - question is whether one of Phil's capos pulls the trigger on Tony or Paulie flips now that he is estranged again due to the low turnout for the wake & takes Tony deep sea fishing. The asbestos now gives the Feds the predicate act for the RICO charge, so the other pincer is federal prosecution.

With three episodes to go my bet is A.J. dies next through suicide - cannot put that off until the last episode (which is when Tony either gets whacked or enters the witness protection program for a life of taking hallucinogens & watching sunsets in the Southwest) so that may be the end of next week - cannot wait.

Buzz05
05-14-2007, 01:58 PM
With Christopher gone (it was a nice twist to have his death occur at the beginning of the episode with consequences to follow rather than have the episode end cliffhanger style as the SUV rolled over) the clear line of attack on Tony is Phil - question is whether one of Phil's capos pulls the trigger on Tony or Paulie flips now that he is estranged again due to the low turnout for the wake & takes Tony deep sea fishing. The asbestos now gives the Feds the predicate act for the RICO charge, so the other pincer is federal prosecution.

With three episodes to go my bet is A.J. dies next through suicide - cannot put that off until the last episode (which is when Tony either gets whacked or enters the witness protection program for a life of taking hallucinogens & watching sunsets in the Southwest) so that may be the end of next week - cannot wait.

I can see Phil putting a hit out on Tony. Only the hit is at Tony's house when he doesnt expect it. Only they get AJ instead. Then Tony goes to war with Phil and a lot of people die in a blood bath, but in the end Tony walks away or turns states evidence.

Atlanta Dan
05-14-2007, 02:13 PM
I can see Phil putting a hit out on Tony. Only the hit is at Tony's house when he doesnt expect it. Only they get AJ instead. Then Tony goes to war with Phil and a lot of people die in a blood bath, but in the end Tony walks away or turns states evidence.

Or the payback for Phil's relative getting killed several seasons ago is not by killing Tony but intentionally killing A.J.? (given my recollection Phil wanted to kill Christopher in revenge)

Atlanta Dan
05-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Yet another reason to like Tomlin - Peter King says he is a big Sopranos fan.

Getting back to the events of this week, I was sitting with Tomlin last week and talking about the show. He's a huge Sopranos fan. He thought that the climax of the show was going to center around the unraveling of Christopher Moltisanti. In a way, it did, but not quite in the way Tomlin thought. He figured, as I did, that Christopher the zombie would try to whack Tony in the last show, or something like that. But Tony beat him to it. Kind of a shock, wasn't it? It was to me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/05/15/favre/1.html

Of course while Tomlin is a Sopranos fan, Cowher could have been a Sopranos character.

Stlrs4Life
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Hmmmmm, some wild possibilities there.

83-Steelers-43
05-19-2007, 02:37 PM
This week, Phil turns down Tony's offer of compromise and A.J. despairs about the world and his future. Meanwhile, Tony takes offense over an affront to Meadow in Episode 84: "The Second Coming."

Stlrs4Life
05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
I think something is going to happen to AJ, or he's going to do something stupid himself.

83-Steelers-43
05-20-2007, 08:57 PM
And war it shall be.

Atlanta Dan
05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
But Tony may be given up by his own crew - the preview had Sil talking to Tony about working "both sides" - sounds like the word is out Tony is talking with the FBI.

Tony may not be the only one worried about a co-worker flipping and cooperating with the Feebs.

Buzz05
05-21-2007, 05:16 AM
Ok I understood Tony beating the guy to a pulp...but why did he have to crub stomp him?

83-Steelers-43
05-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Ok I understood Tony beating the guy to a pulp...but why did he have to crub stomp him?

Finding a tooth in his pant cuff was beautiful...:toofunny:

Eitherway, it's not the smartest idea to mess with an Italian father's only daughter. Mob boss or not. IMO, Coco was out of line and he paid the price. He should be lucky he's still alive.

It's a shame, with all those teeth out of his mouth, I'm sure Vito would have been interested. I can see it now, Episode 85: From Johnny Cakes to Coco Puffs. :wink02:

Buzz05
05-21-2007, 06:11 AM
I can see it now, Episode 85: From Johnny Cakes to Coco Puffs. :wink02:

Vito's Revenge!

I did like how you could see it boiling inside Tony to where he snapped and he went to Coco's and went off. Everyone knew it was coming. I just wasnt expecting a curb stomp

83-Steelers-43
05-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Vito's Revenge!

I did like how you could see it boiling inside Tony to where he snapped and he went to Coco's and went off. Everyone knew it was coming. I just wasnt expecting a curb stomp

Yeah, didn't see the curb stomp coming either. I just figured a good pistol whipping would occur and that would have been the end.

For the most part, I found the episode kind of lame up until Tony's curb stomp. What I did find interesting were the upcoming previews for the last two episodes. Silvio walking up to Tony and saying something along the lines of "playing both sides of the fence".

IMO, that can mean two things. Tony's crew becoming upset over him talking to the FBI or Tony's crew playing boths sides of the fence by going behind his back and attempting to make peace with Phil/NYC in order to save their own necks leading to Tony being taken out by some of his own guys or his owns guy turning a cheek while NYC does the job.

It stinks we have to wait two weeks until the next episode, although being a history buff I'm looking forward to watching "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee".

Buzz05
05-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Yeah, didn't see the curb stomp coming either. I just figured a good pistol whipping would occur and that would have been the end.

For the most part, I found the episode kind of lame up until Tony's curb stomp. What I did find interesting were the upcoming previews for the last two episodes. Silvio walking up to Tony and saying something along the lines of "playing both sides of the fence".

IMO, that can mean two things. Tony's crew becoming upset over him talking to the FBI or Tony's crew playing boths sides of the fence by going behind his back and attempting to make peace with Phil/NYC in order to save their own necks leading to Tony being taken out by some of his own guys or his owns guy turning a cheek while NYC does the job.

It stinks we have to wait two weeks until the next episode, although being a history buff I'm looking forward to watching "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee".

Yeah Sivio saying that makes me wonder. However, Tony and AJ walking down the halls of the mental hospital together at the end. Do you think that could be a precurser to Tony's end? I do think Sil was talking about making peace with Phil though and trying to work both sides. I dont think they would turn on him though. Especially Bobby, he doesnt seem like he has it in him to go against Tony. Sil and Paulie yea in a heart beat. With Chris taking the dirt nap, and AJ in the nut house I could see the crew thinking Tony is on his last wits with him curb stomping Coco and trying to help themselves...but I dont see Bobby helping out. He seems too loyal.

Yeah I think they put the week gap in there because of the holiday weekend...but I could be wrong. 'Burn my heart on wounded knee' does look good.

83-Steelers-43
05-21-2007, 07:10 AM
IMO, I still see Tony ending up dead. I can't see him pulling a Vincent Gigante and walking around in his bathrobe pretending to be insane. Between his shaky(?) relationship with just about everybody in his own crew (except Silvio out of all people) and the extremely high tension with NYC, I can't see him making it out of these last two episodes alive.

As for Bobby, I feel he is just as capable of killing Tony as anybody else at this point in time. With Janice talking in his ear, Tony sending him out on that hit which I still feel he resents, the fist fight up at the cabin, Tony busting on Bobby's weight for six straight seasons and Tony busting on Janice's past sexual situations I feel Bobby has just as much if not more anger and hatred towards Tony than anybody else in the NJ crew. I've also noticed that Bobby has been very quiet since the events up at the cabin. IMO, I'm not buying the loyalty card. If there is one thing that is lacking in today's mafia, it's loyalty. From top bosses like Massino, to under bosses like Gravano to low level scum like Hill are proof that loyalty means nothing in today's La Cosa Nostra.

But who knows? I'm not stating Bobby will be the one to pull the trigger, but I do feel he's very capable at this point in the series.

Buzz05
05-21-2007, 07:30 AM
No matter what, I think by the end of the next episode we have a pretty good idea as to what is going to happen. I would like to see 2 hour final episode though just so everything can be wrapped up.

83-Steelers-43
05-21-2007, 07:32 AM
I would like to see 2 hour final episode though just so everything can be wrapped up.

Same here, I believe Chase has done a two hour finale in past seasons, but unfortunately I do not believe he will be doing it this season.

Jeremy
05-21-2007, 08:33 AM
My absolute favorite part of the episode is when he called AJ a mama's boy. God I have been waiting two seasons for him to finally say that and then tell Melfi that he was ashamed of AJ. That was sweet.

rbryan
05-21-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm getting tired of the shrink angle. Tony, AJ, Tony's shrink seeing her shrink, gimme a break, that took up half the episode last night. Anymore than 5 minutes of Tony with Melfi in one episode is too much IMO.

Buzz05
05-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Out of all my theories for the end only one could still stand. Tony turns to save his family. Phill is going to come at Tony because of CoCo. And with seeing the previews for next episode I could kinda see it. Because remember Tony told Melfi that family is most important to him. He turns to save everyone. I dont know if it happens but I could see it.

FOOTEupyourarse
05-21-2007, 03:27 PM
i hear that meadow borrows tony caddy and phil ends up wacking her, then AJ wacks phil, then phils crew wacks bobbi , then they wack paulie and sil in front of the bing, then tony struggles with phils guy, the gun goes off and kill carmella, then tony offs aj then himself.

Jeremy
05-21-2007, 04:47 PM
i hear that meadow borrows tony caddy and phil ends up wacking her, then AJ wacks phil, then phils crew wacks bobbi , then they wack paulie and sil in front of the bing, then tony struggles with phils guy, the gun goes off and kill carmella, then tony offs aj then himself.

You're kidding right

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Oh, Wise Guy! Huh?:flap:

Stlrs4Life
05-21-2007, 06:26 PM
I still don't think Bobby has the cajones to whack Tony, the anger maybe. Loyalty or not. I think some from both sides of the family are going to get whacked. I also heared about a 2 hr. finale, it only makes sense to end it that way.

Buzz05
05-22-2007, 07:03 AM

Thats gotta be a joke right?

83-Steelers-43
06-03-2007, 05:31 AM
Only two more left. It's a shame to see such a great drama come to end in the day and age of idiotic brain dead and fake reality tv shows.

Anyways......

This week, the allegiance of those closest to Tony is put to the test. Meanwhile, a case of mistaken identity has serious ramifications in Episode 85: "The Blue Comet."

Stlrs4Life
06-03-2007, 09:07 PM
I hear ya 83.

Well, tonites episode didn't surprise me. You think they will try to finish Sal off at the hospital? Hate to see him go. Going to be interesting. Also, guess no 2hr. finale obviously. And now I don't believe there will be any kind of movie afterwards either. IMHO. And who was that guy that Sal took out in the beginning?

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Excellent episode. I didn't expect Silvio to get hit. I was expecting NYC to collaborate with both Silvio and Paulie and turn the tables on Tony in order to save their own hides. Hats off to Paulie and Silvio for staying faithful in tough times. I'm not seeing Silvio making it out of this. Seems to me he will either eventually die from his wounds or end up like a vegetable.

It's been a long while since I watched The Sopranos with clenched fists/holding my breath. It was great!

It was pretty obvious at the start of the episode that Bobby was going to go, but I thought it brilliant the way it happened and where. His train hobby has caused him trouble before (Tony getting shot at Juniors). So, I thought it appropos that this innocent, yet fatal, hobby was the cause of his demise. The build-up and on-screen sequence was good. Poor Bobby and his kids, but no sympathy for Janice (even though she did seem genuinely upset .. probably more out of pity for herself/not being able to keep the house in the Adirondacks).

I have to say, other than the upcoming battle, my other interest will be what happens to Carmela. I sure can't picture her handing out free kielbasa samples at the local supermarket. I liked how Artie and Charmaine came out at Vesuvio. Carmela was putting on the dog and acting like it was fine that Meadow doesn't want to be a doctor. Even Tony looked over at her and said, "what are you talking about?" She and Charmaine have always had tension between them, not just because Tony dated Charmaine briefly in high school, but because each disdains the other's path in life. And yet, for all the gravy she's lapped up along this ride (beautiful houses, jewels, cars) - in the end, I think she'll regret not really wanting "a little hyundai and a simple gold heart on a chain.".

One more left. :wantsome:

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2007, 01:34 AM
And who was that guy that Sal took out in the beginning?

"Some things can't be discussed on the phone",

Apparently Burt Gervasi approached Silvio while Tony was at the hospital with AJ and discussed joining team Phil. Silvio told him "he would think about it". His answer to Burt was a gurot around the throat and to not "bother" Tony with the situation. Risky move by a consigliere. Making a move on somebody in your own family without the boss's consent is a good way to get yourself killed. Apparently Tony didn't mind after considering the situation.

Amazing, when all is said and done the one faithfully standing besides Tony is Paulie. The guy Tony was very close to killing not even four episodes ago.

Atlanta Dan
06-04-2007, 07:07 AM
So much for the guy Bobby whacked in Canada in the first episde coming back into the plot as anything other than Tony letting Bobby know who is boss by ordering him to do the hit. Tony had contempt/envy for Bobby not having murdered someone and Phil has contempt/envy for Tony not having served serious time in perison.

Phil appears in an outdoor shot for next week's previews - I see Tony going down but not at the house where he is holed up. Hopefully someone in Phil's crew betrys him or at least he gets indicted.

I assume Melfi shows up again next week - if not, Chase made sure her last image was an unsympathetic one.

As for the family, maybe Tony cuts a deal to save some income for them, although Phil does not look like the kind of boss to show mercy.

Buzz05
06-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Personally, I loved the ending. Tony sitting on the bed thinking of Bobby while holding the automatic weapon. When earlier he was yelling to Janice about him for feeling bad for Junior. I thought for sure someone was going to shoot through the window at Tony and leave him wounded. And when Sil stole Burt's shoes and was buffin them in Bing...hysterical. Not to mention when AJ came back with his now patented 'That makes me depressed' and Tony beat his @ss basically. I was kind of sad to see Sil go as well. Hard nosed old school guy who faught to the end.

I really dont think anyone is going to turn on Tony, they all had their chance to leave him in the house and no one did. Like Paulie said, 'Like I have someplace else to be?' If Tony is going down, which right now im not so sure he is, he is going to go down fighting with Paulie and the rest of the family.

Def. the best episode of the season....so far :m16::dualies::wantsome:

Sith Lord
06-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Excellent episode. I didn't expect Silvio to get hit. I was expecting NYC to collaborate with both Silvio and Paulie and turn the tables on Tony in order to save their own hides. Hats off to Paulie and Silvio for staying faithful in tough times. I'm not seeing Silvio making it out of this. Seems to me he will either eventually die from his wounds or end up like a vegetable.

It's been a long while since I watched The Sopranos with clenched fists/holding my breath. It was great!

It was pretty obvious at the start of the episode that Bobby was going to go, but I thought it brilliant the way it happened and where. His train hobby has caused him trouble before (Tony getting shot at Juniors). So, I thought it appropos that this innocent, yet fatal, hobby was the cause of his demise. The build-up and on-screen sequence was good. Poor Bobby and his kids, but no sympathy for Janice (even though she did seem genuinely upset .. probably more out of pity for herself/not being able to keep the house in the Adirondacks).

I have to say, other than the upcoming battle, my other interest will be what happens to Carmela. I sure can't picture her handing out free kielbasa samples at the local supermarket. I liked how Artie and Charmaine came out at Vesuvio. Carmela was putting on the dog and acting like it was fine that Meadow doesn't want to be a doctor. Even Tony looked over at her and said, "what are you talking about?" She and Charmaine have always had tension between them, not just because Tony dated Charmaine briefly in high school, but because each disdains the other's path in life. And yet, for all the gravy she's lapped up along this ride (beautiful houses, jewels, cars) - in the end, I think she'll regret not really wanting "a little hyundai and a simple gold heart on a chain.".

One more left. :wantsome:

Great post about Carmela.

This show is simply the best on television. read this link for some intersting info on Paulie Walnut's "supposed contract"

http://www.gambling911.com/The-Sopranos-The-Blue-Comet-Episode-Paulie-Walnuts-Rat-060407.html

Do you believe this????

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2007, 02:29 PM
I've read that about Paul Sirico a long time ago in another article and I don't doubt it for a second.

Before becoming an actor this was a guy who used to hold up NYC night clubs. He was a "feared shakedown artist". He was once quoted on this extortion technique, "You hit them over the head with a baseball bat, and they come around." After a dispute with a disco owner, Sirico threatened, "I'm going to come back here and carve my initials in your forehead. You better learn a lesson, you better show me the respect I deserve.". He also did 20 months in Sing Sing and once took a bullet in the leg (ever notice the limp when he runs?).

Interesting read on former Soprano actor "Big Mike" Squicciarini: http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/11-16-2002-30448.asp

Sith Lord
06-04-2007, 02:55 PM
I knew THAT about him, I was talking about the clause in his contract about his character never having anything to do with being a rat or turncoat.

83-Steelers-43
06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
I knew THAT about him, I was talking about the clause in his contract about his character never having anything to do with being a rat or turncoat.

That's my point, the reason why I do believe his contract states he will not be a rat is because of his past. Also, Tony Sirico and Vincent Pastore were seen coming out of a known Colombo hangout in NYC a few years back. Take that for what it's worth.

Also, some of these guy's who grew up in Brooklyn take the term "rat" very serious. Even if it ONLY means playing one in a tv series.

Sith Lord
06-04-2007, 03:07 PM
That was in the newspaper here in NYC. As recently as 2001, Tony Sirico still was living in Brooklyn. An old friend used to see him all the time in their neighborhood.

Hammer67
06-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Wow...my wife and I were both enthralled at last night's episode. We can't wait for next week.

I am betting that Paulie gets it, Tony lives, one of his kids gets it. And, Phil gets his as well.

But, we shall see. I can't really feel BAD for anyone getting hit in this show. They are all criminals and murderers!

Atlanta Dan
06-04-2007, 04:39 PM
If Chase is winding it up by having everyone who has inflicted evil on others getting their turn, then supremo slimeball Phil has to get whacked, or at least turn out to be having an in the closet affair with Butchie and see Butchie get hit next week (even though his bitching last night about the Soprano Family "making anyone over there, they don't even prick the finger for blood or use swords" was the LOL ranting of somone who regards the Mob as the ultimate treehouse for boys of all ages).:sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
06-04-2007, 09:02 PM
In addition to always attempting to pick up what music is on during a particular scene, this is one show where great throwaway bits always come out upon a second viewing - I was so fixated on wondering if the hit on Tony would be attempted while he was talking with Artie at Vesuvio that I did not catch to whom he told Carm he was going to walk over and introduce himself.

Listening to that exchange again tonight, it ties back to the NFL - turns out Tony said he was going over to introduce himself to "Eric Mangini, the Jets coach." Sure enough, in the final credits you see Eric Mangini and his wife listed as appearing as as themselves.

Buzz05
06-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I am betting that Paulie gets it, Tony lives, one of his kids gets it. And, Phil gets his as well.

If one of the kids gets it, im going to bet its AJ. With everything that has gone on with him lately I wouldnt doubt it one bit that he gets it in the end.

Although, here is a crazy idea. Might be a little far fetched..but then again look at the show. I bet Patsie is the NY snitch. Afterall he ran when Sil got whacked and you never saw him again, and it didnt exactly look like the 2 guys from Phils crew were trying to hit him. And who else could have told them everyones routine. Tony finds out about Patsie and tries to kill Patsie and Little Patsie, Meadow jumps in front of Little Patsie at the last moment and Tony kills his beloved daughter. Just a thought..like the million other ones floating around out there.

83-Steelers-43
06-05-2007, 07:54 AM
If one of the kids gets it, im going to bet its AJ. With everything that has gone on with him lately I wouldnt doubt it one bit that he gets it in the end.

Although, here is a crazy idea. Might be a little far fetched..but then again look at the show. I bet Patsie is the NY snitch. Afterall he ran when Sil got whacked and you never saw him again, and it didnt exactly look like the 2 guys from Phils crew were trying to hit him. And who else could have told them everyones routine. Tony finds out about Patsie and tries to kill Patsie and Little Patsie, Meadow jumps in front of Little Patsie at the last moment and Tony kills his beloved daughter. Just a thought..like the million other ones floating around out there.

IMO, I see Tony's kids making it out of this alive. I feel this last episode will come down "other" family casualties. Tony dies, Paulie dies, Phil and NYC prevail.

As for the snitch, (you thought your's was out there Buzz..lol) I think it's little Butchie. For some reason, when Tony was curbing Coco I found Butchie's actions a little odd/reserved, simply stating "your making a big *bleeping* mistake,". Maybe I'm looking way too far into this, but that comment stood out to me for some reason. Could that 'mistake' have been the possibility at the time of Tony murdering a man in front of a FBI rat or is it just a warning of the repercussion's from Phil?

Also, I've never seen Butchie kill a guy. Although he did drive the getaway car during the Doc Santoro hit I'm sure the FBI turned a cheek (as long as he didn't pull the trigger) or he could have simply lied to the FBI about it. This is the same FBI who basically let a man walk who killed or orchestrated up to sixteen murders over his life time.....Sammy "King Rat" Gravano.

Buzz05
06-05-2007, 08:58 AM
IMO, I see Tony's kids making it out of this alive. I feel this last episode will come down "other" family casualties. Tony dies, Paulie dies, Phil and NYC prevail.

As for the snitch, (you thought your's was out there Buzz..lol) I think it's little Butchie. For some reason, when Tony was curbing Coco I found Butchie's actions a little odd/reserved, simply stating "your making a big *bleeping* mistake,". Maybe I'm looking way too far into this, but that comment stood out to me for some reason. Could that 'mistake' have been the possibility at the time of Tony murdering a man in front of a FBI rat or is it just a warning of the repercussion's from Phil?

Also, I've never seen Butchie kill a guy. Although he did drive the getaway car during the Doc Santoro hit I'm sure the FBI turned a cheek (as long as he didn't pull the trigger) or he could have simply lied to the FBI about it. This is the same FBI who basically let a man walk who killed or orchestrated up to sixteen murders over his life time.....Sammy "King Rat" Gravano.

I hope Phil gets it in the end. I hate that slime ball. If Tony dies then I dont see a movie at all. Unless they do something with his early family and how they established the family. They always talked about the 70's and so forth, maybe they do something with a young Uncle Junior and Tony's dad and a young Paulie Walnuts. I would laugh if he had his hair style in the 70's as well.

Butchie could be a real possibility, he was oddly composed when Tony curb stomped CoCo.

Hammer67
06-05-2007, 10:05 AM
All I know is, I haven't seen an episode as good as that last one in a couple seasons. I still think the best episode were the one when they killed Puss and the one before that. I was completely amazed by the acting.

Atlanta Dan
06-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Taking a break from politics, Peggy Noonan reveals in this linked column (excerpts below)that she is a huge Sopranos fan and has some thoughts on why this show resonates so much for the times in which we live.

Old Jersey Real
The greatness of "The Sopranos."

"The Sopranos" wasn't only a great show or even a classic. It was a masterpiece, and its end Sunday night is an epochal event. With it goes an era, a time....

The Sopranos" first aired on HBO in 1999, but rewatching the first season, there's an air of preamble to it, as if something were coming. Something was, and the show really got its shape and mood from what followed in September 2001. ...

The drama of Tony, the great post-9/11 drama of him, is that he is trying to hold on in a world he thinks is breaking to pieces. He has a sense, even though he's only in his 40s, that the best times have passed, not only for the Italian mob but for everyone, for the country--that he'd missed out on something, and that even though he lives in a mansion, even though he is rich and comfortable and always has food in the refrigerator and Carm can go to Paris and the kids go to private school--for all of that, he fears he's part of some long downhill slide, a slide that he can't stop, that no one can, that no one will....

One of the reasons the show was so popular--one of the reasons it resonated--is that it captured a widespread feeling that our institutions are failing, all of them, the church, the media, the law, the government, that there's no one to trust, that Mighty Mouse will not save the day....

There have been shows on television that have been, simply, sublime. In drama there was "I, Claudius," a masterpiece of mood and menace--"Trust no one!"-- from which writers and producers continue to steal (see HBO's "Rome.") And PBS's "Upstairs, Downstairs." A few others. "The Sopranos" is their equal, but also their superior: It is hard to capture the past, but harder to capture the present, because everyone knows when you don't get it right. It takes guts to do today.

David Chase did, and he made a masterpiece. I'll be watching Sunday night, but I'll wake up that morning with a blue moon in my eyes.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/columnists/pnoonan/

83-Steelers-43
06-10-2007, 07:52 PM
10 more minutes!!!

I have looked forward to this all week long and now that it's here I'm kind of sad for a few reasons.

1) I've been watching this show for the last seven seasons.

2) It's the only series on TV that I actually enjoy.

3) After seeing the upcoming series on HBO, I'm not exactly jumping for joy. Nothing catches my eye. Being a history buff, they do have a series coming up dealing with John Adams but that's not until next year I believe.

Oh well, all good things must come to an end.

Sith Lord
06-10-2007, 09:09 PM
Sopranos? I dont even know what to say or do right now.

Sith Lord
06-10-2007, 09:12 PM
Someone pinch me..........please.

83-Steelers-43
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Tony is still alive..........Carlo was a rat..........a future movie?

ChronoCross
06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15927

Buzz05
06-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Tony is still alive..........Carlo was a rat..........a future movie?

AND PHIL TAKES A BULLET TO THE HEAD!

I would like to know why Chase ended it ubruptly with Meadow walking through the door....a little odd. But all in all a good ending.

pittsburghp8baller
06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
i dont think there is any way to make a movie phills own crews seems to not mind that he did die the only polt would be about indictment

83-Steelers-43
06-10-2007, 09:32 PM
I would like to know why Chase ended it ubruptly with Meadow walking through the door....a little odd. But all in all a good ending.

To me, it looked like there was a hit set up on Tony. Paulie leaving Satriale's with that shady look on his face for starters.

83-Steelers-43
06-10-2007, 09:33 PM
i dont think there is any way to make a movie phills own crews seems to not mind that he did die the only polt would be about indictment

IMO, as long as Tony is alive (if he lived through that assumed hit in my opinion) you can take that series in different directions. Just because Phil is dead doesn't mean there still isn't tension between NYC and NJ.

83-Steelers-43
06-10-2007, 10:13 PM
Tony Soprano meets real life: http://www.abcnews.go.com/US/WireStory?id=3262291&page=1

Buzz05
06-11-2007, 07:02 AM
To me, it looked like there was a hit set up on Tony. Paulie leaving Satriale's with that shady look on his face for starters.

Too bad we will never know...

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I've noticed alot of people are not happy with the final episode and I can't blame them. First off, it took 45 minutes for things to start happening (Phil getting it). I'm still trying to figure out why this was the year of AJ. Talk about a waste of film. A pointless storyline which completely dragged out (Vito anyone?). After coming off one of the better episodes in past seasons, I was personally let down by the final episode.

From MSN on the last episode: http://tv.msn.com/tv/sopranos?GT1=7703

One positive I can take away from this....Tony living. There's always a chance of a movie or maybe even another 'short' season down the road. Ya never know.

Atlanta Dan
06-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Last night was in keeping with the series, where the big action always happened in the next to last episode of the season. Lot's of loose ends that I guess were red herrings, but life does not always get wrapped up with a neat bow. At least Phil got whacked.

I guess Chase wanted to close on a final note of the ambiguity that characterized the show, as was the case with the classic Godafather I and II movies.

I agree that closure would have been nice, but that only could occur with Tony getting killed or going to jail and Chase has said he was not fond of ending up on a traditional "crime does not pay" theme like the 30s gangster films. Even if it would have ended with Tony as king of the NY mob as Butchie kissed Tony's ring or with AJ, Carm & Meadow getting whacked (as Tony sits alone in a chair staring like Michael Corleone at the end of Godfather II) he still would be looking over his shoulder, as was the case in the diner.

I do hope this is it - if anything could top Godfather III as a disappointment for mob sequels, it would be a "very special" 2 hour Sopranos movie in a few years (with Meadow channeling her inner Talia Shire/Connie Corleone and becoming the power behind the throne?) when Chase & the actors miss the paychecks.

Not what everyone wanted, but always remember life is a journey and don't stop believing.:smile:

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 09:51 AM
More articles pertaining to the so-called 'finale'....

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.html?id=357cd509-50e0-417a-a781-b31cd0814e8c

http://www.smh.com.au/news/tv--radio/sopranos-forget-the-tune/2007/06/11/1181414214695.html

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070611/ENT03/306110001&imw=Y

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20070610-2045-tv-sopranos.html

Buzz05
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Personally i think in a year or two you will see a movie announced. Way too many questions still on the table. And dont forget, with the loyal following this show has...it will bring in major major money. And as any mafia don knows...money talks.

Here are a few of my thoughts on the finale:

1) With Sil in a coma and likely never to come out, why doesnt Tony give Paulie the consigliere (Sp?) position instead of making him head a crew he doesnt want to head
2) What is going to happen with Uncle Juns money? Is it lost forever?
3) I still hate Janice
4)I now think AJ is a spoiled tool who always comes out clean in the end
5) Is Little Paulie about to get made? Tony said he is about to become a member of the family anyway
6) Is Tony going to be indicted?

Like I said too many questions that people want answered. In maybe 2 years a movie will be announced.

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Like I said too many questions that people want answered. In maybe 2 years a movie will be announced.

I agree. There are way too many questions to be answered. This is not a case of the missing Russian in the woods. These are actual storylines which need to be answered. I wasn't really expecting a Tony Montana type ending, but I did expect more questions to be answered.

As for a movie. It would make huge cash and I believe Soprano fans would come out in waves in order to see those questions answered. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if a movie came out in the distant future. I would definately welcome it.

Also, I have had Journey in my head all day long.

Atlanta Dan
06-11-2007, 11:55 AM
There has been a good blog on the series this season at this address with kibitzers including devoted Sopranos fan and NBC News anchor Brian Williams -= who knew?

http://www.slate.com/id/2163797/entry/2168225

Or you can read b****ing about the ending at this Washington Post Q&A here

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/06/08/DI2007060802423.html

Since Paulie apparently was not cooperating with Phil, one new scenario is that when Paulie turned down taking over Carlo's work and had that pained expression on his face it indicates Paulie also is cooperting with the Feds. An arrest scenario when we found out who was ratting out whom would have been fun, but it is Chase's bat and ball.

I agree the movie would make $$ but outside of the personal family Paulie is about the only major mob character other than Tony who is still functioning - hard to see sitting through 2 hours of Carm/AJ/Janice & Meadow whining.

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I'll take the Washington Post and the "b****ing"....:toofunny:

Here's more b****ing......

http://www.the-sopranos.com/forum.htm

and more b****ing.......

http://p196.ezboard.com/bsopranolandforum

and more b****ing......

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/010201.php

and more b****ing....

http://www.thesopranos.com/phpBB2/

I'm sure there are many, many more. :smile:

Black@Gold Forever32
06-11-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree. There are way too many questions to be answered. This is not a case of the missing Russian in the woods. These are actual storylines which need to be answered. I wasn't really expecting a Tony Montana type ending, but I did expect more questions to be answered.

As for a movie. It would make huge cash and I believe Soprano fans would come out in waves in order to see those questions answered. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if a movie came out in the distant future. I would definately welcome it.

Also, I have had Journey in my head all day long.

You to...I have been singing Journey all damn day at work....:sofunny: All day Don't Stop Believing....That was also the 2005 Chicago Whitesox theme song when they won the World Series...I live 55 miles from Chitown so I really hope I never hear that damn song again...:thumbsup:

augustashark
06-11-2007, 02:02 PM
Here are my thoughts:

I agree that there are way too many story lines that did not get tied up. There may be a movie or another season after some time to think about it. I think Chase left the door open for such a thing.

I also believe that last night was the final episode. We may get a 15 min ending in the future, but if you remember the talk that Tony and Bobby had in the canoe about when your shot you dont hear or feel anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you notice last night the guy goes to the bathroom and Tony is watching Meadow walk through the door and then BLACK AND SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even went back to that moment in the canoe last episode when Tony was lying in bed at the end......

I'm 85% sure that Tony was shot and that was it........

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
but if you remember the talk that Tony and Bobby had in the canoe about when your shot you dont hear or feel anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you notice last night the guy goes to the bathroom and Tony is watching Meadow walk through the door and then BLACK AND SILENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They even went back to that moment in the canoe last episode when Tony was lying in bed at the end......

I'm 85% sure that Tony was shot and that was it........

I read that theory earlier today. It's good and it's a strong possibility. The guy who walked into the place and sat at the bar was one shady individual for sure.

What was worse? Watching Vito's kid take a dump in the shower or watching AJ's jeep go up in flames? Both were equally pointless, just wondering your take? :wink02:

Atlanta Dan
06-11-2007, 03:14 PM
With regard to the final scene in the diner, here is a take in the Washington Post Q&A from someone who had the program on DVR and then broke the scene down frame by frame overnight like the Zapruder film.

The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely genius!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2007/06/08/DI2007060802423.html

Chase achieved his goal - raather than talking about what did happen fans are talking today about what will happen, which is no small feat to pull off for what is only a TV show.

There may just be a lot of apologtsts out there for Chase, but this reflects how TV watching is different when you can watch a show repeatedly and then bounce theories around the Internet - for better or worse the Sopranos is the show that best captures those changed viewing dynamics over the last decade.

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 03:19 PM
The guy at the bar is also credited as Nikki Leotardo. The same actor played him in the first part of season 6 during a brief sit down concerning the future of Vito. That wasn't that long ago. Apparently, he is the nephew of Phil. Phil's brother Nikki Senior was killed in 1976 in a car accident. Absolutely genius!!! David Chase is truly rewarding the true fans who pay attention to detail.

So the point would have been that life continues and we may never know the end of the Sopranos. But if you pay attention to the history, you will find that all the answers lie in the characters in the restaurant. The trucker was the brother of the guy who was robbed by Christopher in Season 2. Remember the DVD players? The trucker had to identify the body. The boy scouts were in the train store and the black guys at the end were the ones who tried to kill Tony and only clipped him in the ear (was that season 2 or 3?).

Absolutely incredible!!! There were three people in the restaurant who had reason to kill Tony and then it just ends. This was Chase's way of proving that he will not escape his past. It will not go on forever despite that he would like it to "don't stop."

Mrs. Chase is that you?....:sofunny:

Oh well. It is what it is. An ending with many questions to be answered. If that's what Mr. Chase wanted then so be it. He accomplished his.....'goal'.

83-Steelers-43
06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
You to...I have been singing Journey all damn day at work....:sofunny: All day Don't Stop Believing....

It is now 5:00 PM and I'm still singing the damn song...lol. I need another song. Anything....

Counselor
06-11-2007, 10:30 PM
My husband---who has an amazing memory for music and music groups ---said the guy who came in the restaurant in front of AJ was the lead singer of Journey.

can anyone confirm?

Buzz05
06-12-2007, 07:18 AM
My husband---who has an amazing memory for music and music groups ---said the guy who came in the restaurant in front of AJ was the lead singer of Journey.

can anyone confirm?

Which lead singer? They had had quite a few of them.

Atlanta Dan
06-12-2007, 09:13 AM
This is a link to an interview with David Chase in the Newark Star-Ledger (what other possible paper could there be?) where he discusses the series and last episode.

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/david_chase_speaks.html

And the Washington Post excerpt i posted yesterday regarding how other patrons at the diner in the last scene were all potential revenge killers has been debunked as being based on a bogus e-mail making the rounds

http://screens.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/06/11/sopranos-solved-or-i-guess-you-never-hear-it-coming-when-its-your-turn/

Buzz05
06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Chase speaks for himself about the last episode....

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/06/david_chase_speaks.html

Stlrs4Life
06-12-2007, 09:28 PM
I've noticed alot of people are not happy with the final episode and I can't blame them. First off, it took 45 minutes for things to start happening (Phil getting it). I'm still trying to figure out why this was the year of AJ. Talk about a waste of film. A pointless storyline which completely dragged out (Vito anyone?). After coming off one of the better episodes in past seasons, I was personally let down by the final episode.

From MSN on the last episode: http://tv.msn.com/tv/sopranos?GT1=7703

One positive I can take away from this....Tony living. There's always a chance of a movie or maybe even another 'short' season down the road. Ya never know.

Exactly. There is no doubt there will be a movie. It will be a HBO movie at the theaters, cause they know they will make huge $$$$.

I like the ending, but disappointed in the last episode. But believe it was done for a reason.

pittsburghp8baller
06-12-2007, 11:13 PM
theres no way theres a movie. what will it be about? they ended it like that to keep everyone on the edge of their seat. i just cant see a movie being made about whether or not sil lives; AJ continuing woes, and possible indictments. they is no more tension between NY and NJ as Phil was the only one creating the problems.

83-Steelers-43
06-13-2007, 12:16 AM
theres no way theres a movie. what will it be about? they ended it like that to keep everyone on the edge of their seat. i just cant see a movie being made about whether or not sil lives; AJ continuing woes, and possible indictments. they is no more tension between NY and NJ as Phil was the only one creating the problems.

There is always tension. Just because Phil is dead doesn't mean all is forgiven. I'm sure Coco would agree for starters. When John Gotti had Paul Castellano murdered it didn't just 'end' right then and there in front of Sparks Steakhouse. In actuality the violence among the families grew.

Chase can take a movie in many directions and money would be made hand over fist. Chase may have left that ending open for "cinematic artistic" reasons or whatever, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he also left that ending open for future endeavors.

And once again, Chase did not say he was going to make a movie nor has he counted it out. I'm not saying there will be a movie made, but there's always a chance.

Atlanta Dan
06-13-2007, 07:27 PM
It appears Chase knows a movie would be tough to do - as for future events almost all of the major mob characters other than Tony and Paulie got whacked. In the Star-Ledger article linked above, Chase did not rule out a movie and said perhaps (since the episodes apparently are intended to occur in the time they initially broadcast) that he could do a movie on a "missing" previous year (2006) in which episodes did not run - the problem with that is AJ and Meadow would not be their 2006 age in a future movie.

I hope this was it but if he does a movie I guess he could do a "Trial Of Tony Soprano" and have all the characters that got whacked appear in "flashbacks" of testimony regarding the crimes for which Tony is indicted.

It is time to let go, but for those who want to mainline this season one last time the final 9 episodes are being broadcast in 3 hour chunks from 8-11 EDT next Tuesday through Thursday on HBO2.

pEktaS
06-13-2007, 07:53 PM
i have mixed feelings about the ending, i like how the sopranos will really never end because you know even liek 5 years down the line its gonna pop into your head and your gonna be like what the hell happened and start thinking of the options all over again

BUT

i hate that after some people watched it religiously and loyaly for so long that he would just not commit to an ending whether tony dies or not it would just be to me the right thing to do

me i personally think it was meant to symbolize tony dieing just the way it all went about but noone will ever know except i guess chase and im sure even he isnt sure what he wanted which probably played a part in him doing an ending like that

im praying for a movie but i really really doubt it happens without the characters they killed off

83-Steelers-43
06-13-2007, 07:57 PM
i hate that after some people watched it religiously and loyaly for so long that he would just not commit to an ending whether tony dies or not it would just be to me the right thing to do

Thank you! A voice of reason. :cheers:

Stlrs4Life
06-13-2007, 09:35 PM

can anyone confirm?

I do not believe that was Steve Perry.

Buzz05
06-14-2007, 05:30 AM
I do not believe that was Steve Perry.

Well it all depends on which lead singer..Journey had like 4 of them..but I am pretty sure it wasnt Steve Perry.

Also my boss told me that she heard a rumor that the dvd will have an alternate ending without the fade to black where Tony gets killed. She said she isnt sure if its true but who knows. She doesnt think its true since mob rules state that families dont get touched in the murders and the murders dont happen infront of the families. But try telling that to ol Phil...just a though.

Sith Lord
06-15-2007, 01:33 PM
jeez

Sith Lord
06-15-2007, 01:35 PM

can anyone confirm?

THAT is utterly ridiculous.

stlrtruck
06-15-2007, 02:04 PM
Having HBO On Demand, I was finally able to watch this episode and to say the least, I'm disappointed in the ending. I mean I've heard about it but you don't really catch the true disgust with it until you watch it.

First of all, what the heck was up with Meadow not being able to park her car. That was just flat out ridiculous, did Chase not have enough to build with that he had to have her park the car 5 different times (or whatever the total times)?

Second, having all those people walking in and focusing on them...like whoooo, look at this guy or gal.

Finally, as previously stated, END THE DARN THING...bring conclusion to it. That ending was just as bad as the ending to The Matrix trilogy!!

Atlanta Dan
06-15-2007, 02:53 PM
Having HBO On Demand, I was finally able to watch this episode and to say the least, I'm disappointed in the ending. I mean I've heard about it but you don't really catch the true disgust with it until you watch it.

First of all, what the heck was up with Meadow not being able to park her car. That was just flat out ridiculous, did Chase not have enough to build with that he had to have her park the car 5 different times (or whatever the total times)?

Second, having all those people walking in and focusing on them...like whoooo, look at this guy or gal.

Finally, as previously stated, END THE DARN THING...bring conclusion to it. That ending was just as bad as the ending to The Matrix trilogy!!

With all due respect - I do not share your view on this.

If you watched the last episode only after hearing about the ending, the cuts between the diner entrance/Meadow/ and Tony at the table probably had a much different impact than watching it without knowing the ending.

Meadow having trouble parallel parking may have seemed like nonsense if you were watching the episode only after hearing about the ending, but it was a tension building device if you were watching around 9:55 pm EDT last Sunday night; I was wondering if Meadow was going to get popped or walk in on a scene of carnage.

Same thing with everyone walking into the diner - shortly before 10 p.m. last Sunday watching all those characters walking in (notably the guys in the USA cap and the Members Only jacket guy who goes into the men's room) was tense - watching it only after knowing how it ended obviously does not have the same effect.

As for "end it already," IMHO Chase ended it - he has Bobby say in the first episode of this season 2 months ago when Tony and he were on the lake talking about getting whacked that it probably just "goes black" and then that same scene was repeated when Tony is on the bed with his assault rifle as the next to last episode ended. I give Chase credit for assuming his audience pays attention and does not need every plot point underlined in crayon. This article indicates I am not alone on this.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/06/15/television.sopranos.reut/index.html

Some people liked the ending and some did not - I can see why someone would not like it but it is not as if the opinion on this is uniformly trashing Chase.

In closing, anyone who can write lines like this deserves to be cut some slack::smile:

Meadow: "The state can crush the individual."
Tony (incredulously): "New Jersey?"

83-Steelers-43
06-15-2007, 07:40 PM

Let me be blunt: David Chase is a jerkoff . And he decided to go to France to "avoid the frenzy" of the finale? Oh, please. Yeah, I heard all the "it's what made the Sopranos from those who picked it up in season five and I heard that it's the cinematic expression" :blah::blah:

Lets all take a deep breath and start at the start. I own every season on DVD so I feel I'm at least entitled, almost vested, in opinion. The Sopranos was most likely the most brilliant tv production in history. What made seasons 1, 2 and 3 brilliant? It's edge, brilliant writing and acting. However, somewhere along the line, Chase's ego got out of hand. His ego sponged up the accolades, and, rightly so. However, it also got in the way of the writing...he started to spoon feed us things that were not consistent with the earlier episodes. And also made his characters seemingly act "out of character". Plus, his ego had the misfortune of thinking his own brilliance could make anything he wrote interesting. Sorry David but, I could care less if AJ was troubled with the world.

This is so akin of the Seinfeld thing. When "Seinfeld" decided to go out on top despite the many protests from fans, Jerry showed something similar to Chase. Jerry likened the audience to children, and that children need to have certain things taken away despite their wants. Blow me Jerry....it's just a tv show, shaddup and entertain me. Same deal with Chase.

The finale just sucked. As did plenty of the more recent episodes. Chase lost his original vision, which was a simple straight forward look into the eyes of mobsters. He became confused by complicating it, fueled by the glory he accepted. He tried to take something 100% perfect and make it perfecter (HA!) . The ending which sure, has plenty of fans, was a complete cop out. To let us try and decide what happened? Puh - leeeez, I don't watch good tv shows for interactive rapport. I watch good tv shows so I can be entertained, period. As the final episodes basically limped to the finish line, I was startled at my own apathy that was building over the final couple years. It's like he painted a mustache on the Mona Lisa then asked all of us if she actually grew it herself or was just painted on. Of course it was painted on, idiot. But a better question is why you painted it on in the first place.

3 thumbs down. Stlrtruck trust me..........YOUR ONE OF MANY....LOL.

stlrtruck
06-15-2007, 08:39 PM
The finale just sucked. As did plenty of the more recent episodes. Chase lost his original vision, which was a simple straight forward look into the eyes of mobsters. He became confused by complicating it, fueled by the glory he accepted. He tried to take something 100% perfect and make it perfecter (HA!) . The ending which sure, has plenty of fans, was a complete cop out. To let us try and decide what happened? Puh - leeeez, I don't watch good tv shows for interactive rapport. I watch good tv shows so I can be entertained, period. As the final episodes basically limped to the finish line, I was startled at my own apathy that was building over the final couple years. It's like he painted a mustache on the Mona Lisa then asked all of us if she actually grew it herself or was just painted on. Of course it was painted on, idiot. But a better question is why you painted it on in the first place.

3 thumbs down. Stlrtruck trust me..........YOUR ONE OF MANY....LOL.

I watched bits and pieces of it on Sunday but was unable to see the ending. Until watching it on HBO On Demand. I watched Soprano's from beginning to end. I mean my friend and I used to make sure we were home in time to watch it or that we recorded (way before I had a DVR) it.

Although I heard of the ending before seeing it, it doesn't mean that things were any less surprising (if you will). But to be that dramatic on so many different people in the last scene was just a flat out waste of time.

But I agree with you 83, entertain me - and Chase lost some of his crowd of the last 2 seasons and especially this season when he started showing things the regulars didn't want to see. But what does he care, HBO paid him, and he doesn't have to worry about it anymore!

However, I did see a site yesterday that offered a shirt that read, "Tony's dead - get over it!"

And with that - Here's to Chase and his ending :m16: :rocket: :ak47: :dualies: :crutches: :thmbdown: :thmbdown: :thmbdown: :thmbdown:

Atlanta Dan
06-18-2007, 07:12 PM
FYI is a link to an article in New York magazine on the entire Sopranos saga through the (grand for some, not so grand for others) finale. A long read but an interesting one for a hard core fan that remembers the many scenes that are discussed.

We can take pleasure in our favorite series and how much we?ve enjoyed it, how much we loved Tony, what a fabulous character, wasn?t he? And remember how cool that scene was, the one where Pop-Pop?s head got popped beneath an SUV?

http://nymag.com/news/features/33517/

augustashark
06-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I've had a while to think this over and........I think David Chase sucks!!!!!!!! I gave this guy props for the last eight years and he treats us with back to back horible seasons! Except for the second to last episode and maybe the first one of this final season it was at sometimes unwatchable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This schmuck took the best show ever made and turned it into a main stream debate with that final episode! I think 83 will agree that one of the best things about the show is that there were only a few of us that watched the show from season one to the final episode! And for this Schmuck to make millions feel like that invested time and emoitions into this show makes me sick. Unless you saw the episode where Jackie (not Jr) died from cancer THE FIRST TIME IT AIRED then you have no idea what a mess Chase did on this last episode!!!!!!

And as Tony Soprano would say "END OF STORY"!

Crushzilla
06-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Tony dies.

rbryan
06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Can't say I'm that disappointed since I didn't have very high expectations to begin with. Everything coming out of Hollywood sucks, the Sopranos finale was par for the course.

You guys complaining now will be the first ones to throw down your $ when the movie comes out next year.

83-Steelers-43
06-25-2007, 06:30 PM
You guys complaining now will be the first ones to throw down your $ when the movie comes out next year.

If it means bringing closure and answering some unanswered questions you better believe it. Judging that it's one of the most successful mini-series in the history of TV I'm glad to know I won't be the only one.

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
If it means bringing closure and answering some unanswered questions you better believe it. Judging that it's one of the most successful mini-series in the history of TV I'm glad to know I won't be the only one.since i didnt follow the series i havent chimed in but i did enjoy the last episode only if tony died. i thought it was done well, if that was the intent.

but i think it was a great disservice to all the diehard fans if the intent was to make millions off the casual fans the buzz generated in the future. an ingenious way to capitalize and cash in? of course. selling out the die hards who gave the platform for this to even turn into a money machine? i think so.

to me it would be like offering michaelangelo 10X as much money to halt work on the sistine chapel to go apply whitewash on graphitti on the great wall of china.

83-Steelers-43
06-25-2007, 07:06 PM
That's partly the way I look at it Tony. The ones who jumped on three or four seasons in then they might be content with the final episode. Me personally, it was a huge let down. Like I've said before, I've heard all the "well, it's cinematic art" bullshit. If I wanted that I would watch the Sundance Channel. Entertain me. I don't buy HBO to watch the likes of Bill Maher. Many felt the show lost it's edge and it's roots after season four, I'm one of those fans.

If I wanted "cinematic expression and art" reach arounds I would watch Logo or Sundance. Give me a break. Chase left himself open to make more money on a movie which I can easily see occuring in the future. Eitherway, there alot of hardcore, long time watching fans who are not happy with the ending. Plain and simple.

Atlanta Dan
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
The Onion figures out where the disappointment with the ending for some fans surely is heading

"Eight years of my life, and a fu****g artsy cut to black? It was eating me up inside."

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/james_gandolfini_shot_by_closure

83-Steelers-43
06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
At least somebody took action....lol. Unfortunately he hit the wrong target. Next time hit Chase. The Onion with great reporting as usual.

tony hipchest
06-25-2007, 07:39 PM
personally i thought the end of SCARFACE was "cinematic art". :chuckle:

if sopranos went down the way of "sex in the city" or "6 feet under" fans should feel robbed.

i think the writing was kind of a copout that you see alot in hollywood these days. that movie "my ex girlfiend is a superhero (or whatever) is a perfect example.

a plot starts out rather decent and then the writer realizes he has to wrap it up quicker than he intended. the result is usually crap.

atleast tarantino didnt make the same mistake with the "kill bill" series. a great story coulda been ruined if it were all crammed into 2 hours. some stories need their just due.

83-Steelers-43
06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
a plot starts out rather decent and then the writer realizes he has to wrap it up quicker than he intended. the result is usually crap.

That's the thing with Chase. He didn't have wrap it up quick. HBO actually made Mr. Big Time director add on more episodes during the last season. He had the time to wrap it up however he wished. He's now Scorsese.