PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: Chris Henry arrested again last week.

Edman
03-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Probably so embarrassed by all the arrests that the Bengals or somebody wanted to keep it quiet.

http://fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=6285901

Less serious than the others, but this is arrest #10 for Cincy in 10 months. This is getting pretty ridiculous.

MACH1
03-27-2007, 12:56 PM
This guys not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

dhosmer
03-27-2007, 01:05 PM
what a f'ing idiot. you have a suspended license, but you're a professional athlete. just hire someone to drive you around, even if it's one of your buddies. stupid.

klick81
03-27-2007, 02:11 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous.

Getting? That boat sailed about 6 months ago. Anyway, as minor as it is, it's still an arrest! Haha...dumbasses. They're 10 in 10! Must be VERY proud.

verks36
03-27-2007, 02:15 PM
not surprised at all

floodcitygirl
03-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Who Dey'd a believed it???!!! :dang: :toofunny:

ARKIESTEEL
03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Them be fine folks over there in kitty cat land.:yawn:

Jeremy
03-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Freaking moron. Between him and Pacman Jones, they're sure embarrassing the hell out of WVU right now.

tony hipchest
03-27-2007, 03:07 PM
Freaking moron. Between him and Pacman Jones, they're sure embarrassing the hell out of WVU right now.and the rest of the human race.

confirmed: chris henry is a jackass

Preacher
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Here is what gets me... this is a minor infraction, as things go. However, NOW.. FINALLY... they are discussing the future of the player. Not after the drugs... the DUI's, etc. etc.

But driving on a suspended license.

The only thing I can see that would make sense is if they are waiting for the new rule to go into effect, so they don't have to fight with the union as much... or may get some cap room when they cut him.

Cape Cod Steel Head
03-27-2007, 03:30 PM
What an:moon: !

83-Steelers-43
03-27-2007, 04:02 PM
If the NFL wants to start getting serious when it comes to these thugs, how about they start with Chris Henry? I know Pacman Jones is getting all the attention, but this P.O.S. is just as bad.

It's amazing that ANYBODY can hold a job after ten arrests. That's a great message to send to the young kids coming up through the ranks.

Stlrs4Life
03-27-2007, 04:02 PM
LOL, here's the paper version:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070327/SPT02/303270037

tony hipchest
03-27-2007, 04:45 PM
just for the record, and official count keeping purposes, this is still #9 for the bengals. 9 players arrested (this is chris henrys 5th time alone) for a total of 16 arrests. maybe its 17.

ah hell, who knows. its so tought to keep track of especially with pac man and henry in a friendly game of "keeping up with the joneses" and 1 upmanship.

the best part of it all is reading all the bengalfans cry cause their most hated rival and enforcer kicked their soft linemans ass and how he should be suspended for a year as they beg for thurman come back along with henry to keep them from ultimate suckdom.

hypocrites

BettisFan
03-27-2007, 04:58 PM
my gosh this is unbeielvable

SteelShooter
03-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Here is what gets me... this is a minor infraction, as things go. However, NOW.. FINALLY... they are discussing the future of the player. Not after the drugs... the DUI's, etc. etc.

But driving on a suspended license.

The only thing I can see that would make sense is if they are waiting for the new rule to go into effect, so they don't have to fight with the union as much... or may get some cap room when they cut him.

I agree Preach. But is M. Lewis REALLY getting tired of it? Or just bending to the pressure? I'm not quite so sure, but then again...it's a start!

Check out what I found:

#15 Chris Henry

Position: Wide Receiver
Height: 6-4
Weight: 200
Birthdate: 5/17/1983
College: West Virginia
Hometown: Belle Chasse, LA
Acquired: D3 '05
Experience: 3

Continued to prove himself as a big-play threat during his second NFL season ...
- Tied for team lead in receiving TDs (9), and had three gains of more than 50 yards.
- Ranks third on team in catches (36)
- Third for receiving yards (605)
- Holds the League record for most arrests during a single active NFL career. :dang:

polamalufan43
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
I guess there going for 11 in 11 months. Way to go dudes, I bet kids all over Cinci want to be just like you now, and I hope they like cast iron....

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I agree Preach. But is M. Lewis REALLY getting tired of it? Or just bending to the pressure? I'm not quite so sure, but then again...it's a start!

Check out what I found:

#15 Chris Henry

Position: Wide Receiver
Height: 6-4
Weight: 200
Birthdate: 5/17/1983
College: West Virginia
Hometown: Belle Chasse, LA
Acquired: D3 '05
Experience: 3

Continued to prove himself as a big-play threat during his second NFL season ...
- Tied for team lead in receiving TDs (9), and had three gains of more than 50 yards.
- Ranks third on team in catches (36)
- Third for receiving yards (605)
- Holds the League record for most arrests during a single active NFL career. :dang:

You GOTTA be kidding me!

I gotta believe that was something you added!!!

I need the quoted source to believe that it was actually on there!!

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofu nny:

However true it is!

SteelShooter
03-27-2007, 06:33 PM
You GOTTA be kidding me!

I gotta believe that was something you added!!!

I need the quoted source to believe that it was actually on there!!

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofu nny:

However true it is!

:sofunny:
Aw Preach! You don't believe me??? :hunch:

...o'course I added that last line! :checkit:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Why is he not kicked out of the NFL for ever.........??????

CantStop85
03-27-2007, 09:47 PM
If Ray Lewis and Leonard Little can murder someone and keep playing...well let's just say you'll be seeing Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry stick around for a little while.

BettisFan
03-27-2007, 09:52 PM
THE BUNGLES ARE THE MOST SQREWED UP TEAM EVER

RoethlisBURGHer
03-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Damn,is he getting some type of championship ring for this shit or something?

tony hipchest
03-27-2007, 10:22 PM
If Ray Lewis and Leonard Little can murder someone and keep playing...well let's just say you'll be seeing Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry stick around for a little while.well thats the typical marvin lewis type of thinking. chris henry should be charged with attempted murder every time he steps behingd the wheel of a car. after all, all little did was drink and drive and some poor lady just happened to get in his way.

and only a bunglefan would defend 2men dead in the street and 3 others shot up (1 paralyzed for life) outside a nightclub.

these people are the cause of innocent people dying, getting paralyzed and potentially being raped.

atleast porter just kicked the ass of a punk thug apologist.

stillers4me
03-28-2007, 05:48 AM
well thats the typical marvin lewis type of thinking. chris henry should be charged with attempted murder every time he steps behingd the wheel of a car. after all, all little did was drink and drive and some poor lady just happened to get in his way.

and only a bunglefan would defend 2men dead in the street and 3 others shot up (1 paralyzed for life) outside a nightclub.

these people are the cause of innocent people dying, getting paralyzed and potentially being raped.

Bravo!! Me and my family happen to drive on the same roads as the Chris Henrys and the Odel Thurmans of the Bungals organization. :dang:

ChronoCross
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Bengals | Team releases Henry statement
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:51:05 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals released the following statement after WR Chris Henry appeared in court Monday, March 26, for a traffic violation. "While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. The club will (delay) commenting on this specific matter until it is ruled on by the court, and Chris' overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL."

Man_Of_Steel
03-28-2007, 03:17 PM
Why is he not kicked out of the NFL for ever.........??????

I agree 100%! Why the heck is he still in the league? I'd love to take his place in the NFL and I guarantee you I would cherish every second of it. This has no place in the NFL.

TackleMeBen
03-28-2007, 03:43 PM
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/bungholesmonopoly2.gif

Edman
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Bengals | Team releases Henry statement
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 10:51:05 -0700

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports the Cincinnati Bengals released the following statement after WR Chris Henry appeared in court Monday, March 26, for a traffic violation. "While the incident involved a minor traffic matter, the club is frustrated that the issue arose at all. The club will (delay) commenting on this specific matter until it is ruled on by the court, and Chris' overall future with our team can be determined only after this and other pending matters are resolved by the NFL."

More lip service from the Bengal organization, in my opinion. This should have been addressed MONTHS ago around the 5th-6th arrest. Marvin Lewis or sombody at the top should be on the hot seat for blowing off the situation, not sending a message, and letting this embarrassment get worse.

polamalufan43
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
^^^Lol

Yeah, instead of actually committing a crime this pass will get you to jail right after you sign the contract!

SteelerFanInCA
03-28-2007, 03:54 PM
I can't believe this guy still has a job in the NFL. Are there no light bulbs to click on? :dang:

polamalufan43
03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I can't believe this guy still has a job in the NFL. Are there no light bulbs to click on? :dang:

I think they all burned out sometime in college.

CantStop85
03-28-2007, 06:35 PM
well thats the typical marvin lewis type of thinking. chris henry should be charged with attempted murder every time he steps behingd the wheel of a car. after all, all little did was drink and drive and some poor lady just happened to get in his way.

I'm not supporting or condoning these types of actions in the least bit...I'm just stating the facts. The most that these guys will get is a slap-on-the-wrist suspension.

Suitanim
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
"Nothing to see here...move along...nothing to see here..."

http://www.public.asu.edu/~mverdic/pics/barbrady.JPG

tony hipchest
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I'm not supporting or condoning these types of actions in the least bit...I'm just stating the facts. The most that these guys will get is a slap-on-the-wrist suspension.i fear youre right. i dont evel like the commish holding a fact finding mission w/ these 2 criminals next week. what more facts does he need? its almost like hes giving them a chance to plead their case.

godell has already met with the bengals and it wasnt enough to convince henry not to break the law, wether it be as big as dui, or small as driving on a suspended lisence, or using a seatbelt or turn signal.

whose it hurt if he doesnt use a seatbelt, or smokes a joint, or smokes a joint, drinks some brew, drives, doesnt use his turn signal, and kills somebody.

i hope he uses this fact finding mission to decide if they even deserve a 2nd chance cause after all this is their 1st strike since the league decided to take this crap seriously. they both deserve 1 year minimum and for the teams to have the opportunity to dump them and rip their $$$ away. this will hurt henry more than pac man cause he was playing on a low paying contract, and im sure the nfl wants to "make it fair" as far as a monetary punishment is concerned. wouldnt want to hurt their earning potential with the next team they sign with.

Godfather
03-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Damn,is he getting some type of championship ring for this shit or something?

Yep...it's the Bunghole version of One For The Thumb.

Livinginthe past
03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Yep...it's the Bunghole version of One For The Thumb.

Hey, if its jail time we are talking...

One for the 'bunghole' has a whole new meaning. :wink02:

Man_Of_Steel
03-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey, if its jail time we are talking...

One for the 'bunghole' has a whole new meaning. :wink02:

Now I've seen it all, LOL. A New England Patriots fan moderating a STEELERS board. I can't believe it. I seriously can't believe it. Just WOW! :rofl:

Livinginthe past
03-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Now I've seen it all, LOL. A New England Patriots fan moderating a STEELERS board. I can't believe it. I seriously can't believe it. Just WOW! :rofl:

You've only been here 15 months, I can see how something like that would pass right over your head :wink02:

Suitanim
03-30-2007, 05:31 PM
It's certainly worth posting this again:

http://www.thebrushback.com/bengals_full.htm

CINCINNATI--Frustrated by the recent arrests of linebacker AJ Nicholson and receiver Chris Henry, the Cincinnati Bengals have adopted a tough “Six-Strikes-You’re-Out” rule to deal with players who get in trouble with the law. Henry has been arrested three times so far and is dangerously close to being the first casualty of the new rule. Nicholson, too, is just five arrests from a substantial fine.

“At some point you’ve got to put your foot down, you’ve got to take a stand,” said Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis. “The players need to know that when they put that uniform on they are representing this organization and this city. That’s why we’ve decided, after a long and careful deliberation, to enact a ‘Six-Strikes-You’re-Out’ rule. Six offenses and you’re getting a fine, whether you’re the star quarterback or some rookie on the practice squad. It’s called ‘tough love’ people. Get used to it.”

Lewis, who came to the Bengals in 2003, has vowed to change the culture of the Bengals to remove the sense of entitlement that often goes along with being a professional football player. He compares the new rule to a “zero tolerance policy” multiplied by six.

“This is similar to a zero tolerance policy except we do tolerate it up until the sixth time,” Lewis said. “Once you get arrested for that sixth time, watch out. The hammer’s coming down, and it’s coming down on your head. I hope Chris is listening loud and clear to this warning. This is the last straw – the third to last straw, actually. But you’re running out of them. You know what happens when you run out of straws? People go nuts. Just ask that Dunkin Donuts over on Beechmont Ave.”

Henry was charged with marijuana possession in December but avoided jail time by agreeing to enter a drug rehab program. In January he was arrested once again and charged with pulling a gun on a group of revelers. Early Sunday morning, he was pulled over by police and charged with speeding and driving under the influence.

Nicholson, on the other hand, had a troubled history coming out of college, but the Bengals took a chance on him when he swore he’d learned his lesson. He was arrested on Saturday and charged with burglarizing the home of a former Florida State teammate.

The Bengals feel that the bad behavior will reflect poorly on their organization and want to “nip the problem in the bud.”

“We just want the players to know that we won’t tolerate this kind of behavior,” said Bengals owner Mike Brown. “I think this sends a message to the team and to the rest of the league that the Cincinnati Bengals are a team of integrity. When you put on that Bengals uniform you have to carry yourselves in a professional, law-abiding manner – especially if you’re some third string receiver or rookie linebacker. Players like that are not above the law.”

For the rest of the Bengals, the “Six-Strikes-You’re-Out” rule could not have come any sooner. Many of them have grown tired of being associated with criminals and have been waiting for management to take some kind of stand.

“It’s about time,” said running back Rudi Johnson. “It’s not really fair to the rest of us to have these guys getting into trouble and giving us a bad name. Still, I do wish they had a gone a bit further than six strikes. I mean it’s a start but that still leaves a lot of wiggle room for these guys. In my opinion if you break the law once you should be off the team. Zero tolerance. Not counting the time I got caught pissing in the bushes behind that strip club.”

Quarterback Carson Palmer, who has undergone grueling rehab in an attempt to come back from ankle surgery, resents his teammates for putting the organization in a bad light.

“I’m over here working my ass off to get back into shape and Chris Henry and some tool from Florida State are making us all look bad,” said Palmer. “We’re supposed to be focused on winning the Super Bowl. Last year we had a bad break, but this year I am on a mission – kind of like Peyton Manning was on a mission with the Colts last year. Okay, maybe not exactly like that.”

SteelCityMan786
03-30-2007, 06:15 PM
:rofl: poor kid.

polamalufan43
03-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Six strikes???? What happened to three??? Pfh, still going easy on them I see.