PDA

View Full Version : Steelers/Panthers

Kyle82
08-29-2005, 02:33 AM
Hey Guys,
Give me your thoughts on the Game this Thursday :busted:
The Panther's Starters will have limited action as I am sure you guys will be limiting your first string :jammin:
I still think the Cat's will come off with the win :bouncy:

SteelersWyo
08-29-2005, 09:24 AM
You will be lucky to see a few if any Steelers starters, and then maybe for 1 quarter. Injuries are starting to eat us up. Its probably best to work on our troubles in practice and save bodies for what looks like it could be a bad season. Panthers should roll.

SteelR1
08-29-2005, 11:06 AM
The panthers defense will certainly give our o-line a true test!!!!!!

I'm feeling a very slow game with a lot of punting...

Kyle82
08-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, two of our best defensive players will sit out Thursday; Julius Peppers (ankle sprain) and Kris Jenkins (sore back) :o
We will just be auditioning some guys fighting for roster spots before next weeks final cut, but it should be a good game anyway :chug:

Koopa
08-29-2005, 12:14 PM
You will be lucky to see a few if any Steelers starters, and then maybe for 1 quarter. Injuries are starting to eat us up. Its probably best to work on our troubles in practice and save bodies for what looks like it could be a bad season. Panthers should roll.

mayne don't lose faith so fast. it's only preseason, the offense will get better, ben will get better, you can't expect him to be god when he has a bunch of 4'2" wrs. he needs to adjust to their lack of height, and when heath gets better with the system he'll have him to throw the ball to. everything will fall into place and we'll make the playoffs, how far we go is still in the air but we will make it. just have faith!!

Koopa
08-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey Guys,
Give me your thoughts on the Game this Thursday :busted:
The Panther's Starters will have limited action as I am sure you guys will be limiting your first string :jammin:
I still think the Cat's will come off with the win :bouncy:

ya'll probably beat the crap out of us.

wcpf78
08-29-2005, 06:38 PM
ya'll probably beat the crap out of us.

What is wrong with the Steelers offense this preseason.

Blitzburgh55
08-29-2005, 07:51 PM
it dosent really matter who has a better 2nd and 3rd stirng thats it

tootalltoscore
08-29-2005, 08:06 PM

What's an offense?

Koopa
08-29-2005, 09:22 PM

i'm guessing they haven't been able to be on the field all that much together, that first games against the eagles they barely played, and against the redskins they ran 490 times and expected ben to be in a rythm. i think the offense will start clicking as soon as they start getting more reps together. to bad they couldn't do it in the preseason, the defense and special teams was just to good and didn't let the first string offense play all that much cause they kept scoring, and when they did get to play they looked like crap cause none of them were in a rythm.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Damn wyo, ur really starting to depress the hell outta me.. don't give up on us yet..its only preseason bro ! :)

One things for sure, u wont see parker in the game, that boy better be sitting on the bench drinking gatorade w/ an armed guard and an ambulance near him to keep him from getting hurt.

Should be a good game in terms of seeing all the youngsters putting it all on the line 1 more time to make the team.

clevestinks
08-30-2005, 10:00 AM
When the starters only play a series or two, who cares who wins.

When thregular season rolls aroundwe know we are the better team. The poor Panthers are in the NFL minor league system, The NFC

Avoid LLoyd1975
08-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I am sorry but I have to give the nod to the panthers on this one. Ben has been stinking it up and the receivers can't seem to catch a cold. The running back situation is slim and our run defense sucked it up last game. I see an 8-8 season at this pace. I know alot of people say that the preseason doesn't mean anything. Well tell that to Bill Cowher.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Won't see Willie Parker,that's for sure.You'll see a lot of Verron & Noah.

Ben might see some,but not lots of playing time.Maybe a drive or two.

Might see the starting defense for a drive or two.

clevestinks
08-30-2005, 03:45 PM
Thats too bad. Ben is the one that needs the most work. I guess its just more audition time for Tommy.

Kyle82
08-31-2005, 02:22 AM
:blah:
Check out this weeks issue of SI.....Dr. Z has you guys at 11-5 and a Wild Card :jammin:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2005, 07:59 AM
I dont really care who wins, all I really want is for us to come out of this game healthy and to put the ball in the end zone a few times and get some continuity on offense. We know our defense is good, we know our ST and kickers are good too..we just wanna see the starters on offense do something.

No 8-8 or losing season here... remember the skins won the SB after losing all their preseason games... RELAX people !!!

wcpf78
08-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Thats too bad. Ben is the one that needs the most work. I guess its just more audition time for Tommy.

Yea its about the starters staying healthy. Stephen Davis should see significant playing time

Ironman
08-31-2005, 10:17 AM
I'll be at the game Section 501 Row 15... anybody that's there stop by.

bigbensgirl7
08-31-2005, 10:38 AM
I'll be at the game Section 501 Row 15... anybody that's there stop by.
Have a great time Iron!!! :)

Ironman
08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
BBG7- Love the sig!! It's always good to see my alma mater's uniform on something positive... and not in the headlines here after another blow-out loss! Go Willie! Go Tarheels! Go Steelers!

bigbensgirl7
08-31-2005, 11:38 AM
Thanks Iron...but all the credit belongs to BB2W...he did an awesome job!

TasmanianTroy271
08-31-2005, 02:03 PM
I wouldnt mind getting a cool graphic sig like you guys, but i just have an image of a cow colored black and gold... lmao

anyways, I'm going out on a limb here and guessing 21-17 us with a TD 4th quarter... Herron with an excellent game and Ben does better... NOT regular season Ben, but better than he has been doing...

Kyle82
09-01-2005, 01:26 AM
Good Luck on tonights game :cheers:
May we BOTH come out of Charlotte injury-free :)

wcpf78
09-01-2005, 09:16 AM
Good Luck on tonights game :cheers:
May we BOTH come out of Charlotte injury-free :)

I agree Kyle.

Prosdo
09-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Good luck to you guys as well. I'm all for no injuries lol Steelers have enough as it is.