burr
morgan davis
suisham
Verstraete
iorio

http://www.steelers.com/article/56312/

TasmanianTroy271
08-29-2005, 10:38 AM
hmm, the PPG article said 15 were cut, maybe more'll come out tomorrow or something.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05241/561906.stm scroll to the bottom too see. It mightve been a typo

Well, I'm most suprised that they cut Shawn Suisham before Mike Barr, and then there's Cobb and Young. But oh well, no big deal.

WHERE IS ALONZO?

Is there a difference between Waiving players and Releasing them? whats the difference?

figg
08-29-2005, 10:47 AM
hmm, the PPG article said 15 were cut, maybe more'll come out tomorrow or something.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05241/561906.stm scroll to the bottom too see. It mightve been a typo

Well, I'm most suprised that they cut Shawn Suisham before Mike Barr, and then there's Cobb and Young. But oh well, no big deal.

WHERE IS ALONZO?

Is there a difference between Waiving players and Releasing them? whats the difference?

I hope them cutting Young is a good sign for Gibson. He's the only tall WR we have left.

stillers4strife
08-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Personally, I'm glad to see Cushing go.

Koopa
08-29-2005, 01:19 PM
well i'm glad we are keeping nate washington. he really impressed me that first game against the steelers, haven't seen much of him lately but maybe cowhers is saving him. i thought they were high on cobb, i guess he fell off fast. i'm really glad doering got cut he really pissed me off friday.

BB2W
08-29-2005, 03:21 PM
I agree King, I am glad to see Nate Washington made the first cut. At least they are gonna give him a good look.... I hope he makes the team. I think he has a big upside and potential to be a special player.

He is certainly more intriguing than Sean Morey or Lee "you get what you pay for" Mays. I will be upset if Cowher keeps Mays over Washington..... Then Cowher will give that explanation that he is a "system guy" or "he knows the offense". :bs:

I also liked Walter Young.... I hope they can get him on the Practice Squad.

clevestinks
08-29-2005, 04:48 PM
Doering will be back, he always finds a way back some how??????

I was really hoping Cobb would pan out, but oh well.

BB2W
08-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Doering will be back, he always finds a way back some how?????
:laughing: No kiddin.... I hope this is his last stint with the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2005, 05:28 PM
cushing will be back.. after all he can play FB, and at the rate we're losing RB's, its only a matter of time before he comes back, he always does..

Cobb kinda surprises me but w/ the emergence of Washington, and Gibson being a 4th round pick, it makes sense..but I would have liked to see him make it further.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Waiving a player means he goes on the waiver wire for a certain period of time and a team can pick him up and his contract.. after that time, he's a FA.

Releasing is just that, outright release, terminatin of contract too.

BB2W
08-30-2005, 02:23 PM
OMG! Nooooooo.... we were right. I can't stand Cowher's thinking sometimes. :pissed: He is a great motivator, and has a great eye for talant, but I hate his game management, and roster decisions.

Cowher said he's kept the names of two players on his speed-dial.

"Matt's always an option," Cowher said of Cushing. "I talked to Matt and I talked to Chris Doering. I just told them to stay in the bullpen for me one more year."

BB2W
08-30-2005, 04:59 PM
Four more cut...

The Steelers released four inexperienced players yesterday to reduce their roster to 71 for the final week of the preseason.

Three rookie free agents -- linebacker Arnold Harrison, defensive tackle Elliott Harris and fullback Zach Tuiasosopo -- were waived along with first-year defensive tackle Grant Bowman, who was on their practice squad last season.

Teams had to reduce their rosters to 65 yesterday, but the Steelers have exemptions for six NFL Europe players still on their roster. They must reduce their rosters to 53 by 6 p.m. on Saturday.

TasmanianTroy271
08-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Hmm, Zach Tuiasosopo is a tad of a suprise. I'll be really suprised if he doesn't make practice squad.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2005, 09:23 PM
There just wasnt enough roster spaces for Zack so I kinda thought he'd be gone, but yeah I agree he'd be good for our PS !!

Suitanim
08-31-2005, 06:23 PM
Morey was the most impressive receiver of training camp...Hell, every team needs one reliable slowish white boy with good hands.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2005, 06:24 PM
I thought that was Doerings job :rofl:

Suitanim
08-31-2005, 06:32 PM
I thought that was Doerings job :rofl:

Morey was everywhere, and caught everything...

Chris was a camp body...