PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis still crying???

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Looks like Marvin is still crying!!:dang:

The rest of the article is good......Tomlin picks the Ravens to win the division......but supports the steelers while doing so.......:tt02:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07088/773462-66.stm

They tiptoed around the subject, but the coaches in the AFC North ultimately picked the Baltimore Ravens to repeat as the division champions this season.

"They're the division champs," answered Cincinnati's Marvin Lewis. "Last year was the Steelers, right?" (cry baby)

Actually, the Bengals won the division at 11-5 in 2005, winning a tiebreaker with the Steelers, who then made history by winning three playoff games on the road and then the Super Bowl.

steelerbackr4life
03-29-2007, 09:02 AM
Not a bad read. Interesting how they voted down the roster expansion. Why would they want to increase the payroll?
Who cares about Lewis as far as Im concerned he is more of a warden then a HC anyway.

TJSteeler
03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Actually, I think Tomlin makes it known he will always pick/expect the Steelers to win but acknowledges the Ravens and Bengals as talented teams. Seems to match his competitiveness and drive. Good things!!!

New Steelers coach Mike Tomlin did not pick his team to win it, but he left little impression how he feels about the question.

"Are you kidding? Who would you like me to say? You never have to worry about asking me that question."

OK, after the Steelers then?

"You have to acknowledge the Ravens are a good football team."

Cincinnati, he said, also could be poised for a comeback.

Buzz05
03-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Sorry I dont respect Lewis at all. So Im surprised he is crying about something. Maybe he should spend less time crying and more time keeping Chris Henry out of hand cuffs

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 09:45 AM
...I lost the last miniscule microscopic bit of respect for that tool after reading how he would post a list of players arrested or in trouble IN ALL SPORTS...on the locker room wall every wednesday....trying to minimize the lack of character on his own team.

The way this idiot can stick his head up his own rear-end should qualify him for a job with Cirque du Soleil when someone clues the Cincy Front Office into the fact that...(PSSSSTTT....Marvin has a losing record in Cincy!!)

coachspeak33
03-29-2007, 10:11 AM
...I lost the last miniscule microscopic bit of respect for that tool after reading how he would post a list of players arrested or in trouble IN ALL SPORTS...on the locker room wall every wednesday....trying to minimize the lack of character on his own team.

The way this idiot can stick his head up his own rear-end should qualify him for a job with Cirque du Soleil when someone clues the Cincy Front Office into the fact that...(PSSSSTTT....Marvin has a losing record in Cincy!!)

great post mr. lambert

the media had such a love affair with Cincy during the last three seasons.
Carson, #85, and Marvin have all been treated like royalty by the national media...now that wins are fewer in Cincy and the whole friggin world knows that thuggery is part of Bengals culture....I would imagine that love affair will cool off a bit

Edman
03-29-2007, 10:54 AM
At least Tomlin has the class to give the Ratbirds their props. Even though they'll be his biggest rival and one of the toughest tests he'll have to coach against. The other being Belichick and the Pats.

I have zero respect for Marvin Lewis. Mainly because how he has reacted to the arrests and him calling Ben a crybaby after we stomped his sissy cats out of the playoffs in '05. Which is complete irony all on it's own.

coachspeak33
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Marvin Lewis's biggest mistake, other than getting off the plane the first time he ever landed in Cincy, was merely drinking the water in the (drag)Queen city.

Man it is contagious down there....losers mentality, passing the buck, avoiding responsibility.....all that stuff just sucks people in as soon as they get there

Thank god Dick Lebeau made it out of there alive

Edman
03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Marvin Lewis's biggest mistake, other than getting off the plane the first time he ever landed in Cincy, was merely drinking the water in the (drag)Queen city.

Man it is contagious down there....losers mentality, passing the buck, avoiding responsibility.....all that stuff just sucks people in as soon as they get there

Thank god Dick Lebeau made it out of there alive

More like, Thank God Lebeau came of Cincy and he still has his winning mindset and wasn't tainted by the "Bungleitis".

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I dont like the bengals.....really I dont

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I dont like the bengals.....really I dont

LOL!!!!!!!!!...so much said in so few words!!!!!....you made me spit out my coffee!!!...rep points for you brother!!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2007, 09:41 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!...so much said in so few words!!!!!....you made me spit out my coffee!!!...rep points for you brother!!!

I am glad that my hatred of the bengals can make you laugh... :tt02:

wv2kybohntr
03-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Not a bad read. Interesting how they voted down the roster expansion. Why would they want to increase the payroll?
Who cares about Lewis as far as Im concerned he is more of a warden then a HC anyway.

I'm really surprised Lewis was not in favor of increasing game day rosters. Just figured he would be concerned work-release program would be cancelled and he would not be able to field a team on Sunday.

stillers4me
03-30-2007, 06:28 AM
Poor Marv..............his Division Championship T-sirt is wearing out and there's nothing to replace it with. (prison orange comes to mind.........)

HometownGal
03-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Poor Marv..............his Division Championship T-sirt is wearing out and there's nothing to replace it with. (prison orange comes to mind.........)

I heard Uncle Marv is sporting a new t-shirt these days - more appropo and in just the right color....:thumbsup:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TSHIRTS/9TDO105~3-Doors-Down-Loser-T-Posters.jpg

TackleMeBen
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I heard Uncle Marv is sporting a new <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.qklinkserver.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=92&k=t%20shirt&st=1" onmouseover="window.status='Search for: t-shirt'; self.ql_skeyphrase='t%20shirt'; if(window.event) self.ql_sevent=window.event.srcElement; self.ql_timeout = setTimeout('ql_doMouseOver(1)', 1000); self.ql_isOverLink=true; return true;" onclick="if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; ql_closeiframe(); self.ql_skeyphrase='t%20shirt'; window.status='Search for: t-shirt';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; if(self.ql_timeout) clearTimeout(self.ql_timeout); self.ql_isOverTip = false; setTimeout('ql_closeiframe()', 1500); ">t-shirt</a> these days - more appropo and in just the right color....:thumbsup:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TSHIRTS/9TDO105~3-Doors-Down-Loser-T-Posters.jpg

that is too funny :sofunny:

Suitanim
03-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Well, I'd have to say that the Ravens deserve the spot simply because they can keep it until they lose it. But they are definitely not "rock-solid top to bottom", and had a couple departures that will smart. They clearly sacrificed small children to Satan, too...how else to explain keeping rickety old McNair healthy? Cincy lost a few players, too, and they are always right on the cusp of self-imploding as long as they let the criminal element run rampant.