PDA

View Full Version : When, oh when will it ever end???

memphissteelergirl
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
So last night I'm at choir rehearsal at my church. I have on my Bettis jersey and a couple of the musicians start a little trash talk (they are CryBoy fans). At first I took it in stride...all in fun, right? So one of them asks "What ever made you think the Steelers were any good?" My answer: "Oh, 5 Super Bowl Rings." So he comes back with "And how many of those did they steal." Y'all, I really had to remember I was in church. So I put my hand up and said, "Hey, stop right there. I am not gonna go there with you." He let it drop then.

OK, we are one season removed from the SB and people are still raggin' that the game was given to us by the officiating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little sick of having to defend the Steelers' win in SBXL. Never mind that it was arguably the greatest playoff run in NFL history-a 6th seed winning the whole thing??? C'mon now!!

Anyway, that's my vent for the day...

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 10:19 AM
So last night I'm at choir rehearsal at my church. I have on my Bettis jersey and a couple of the musicians start a little trash talk (they are CryBoy fans). At first I took it in stride...all in fun, right? So one of them asks "What ever made you think the Steelers were any good?" My answer: "Oh, 5 Super Bowl Rings." So he comes back with "And how many of those did they steal." Y'all, I really had to remember I was in church. So I put my hand up and said, "Hey, stop right there. I am not gonna go there with you." He let it drop then.

OK, we are one season removed from the SB and people are still raggin' that the game was given to us by the officiating. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am getting a little sick of having to defend the Steelers' win in SBXL. Never mind that it was arguably the greatest playoff run in NFL history-a 6th seed winning the whole thing??? C'mon now!!

If a cowgirls fan is gonna bring up "stealing"..they may want to look at T.O.'s contract!!!!They got their own issues to deal with....also may want to bring up..."Well..we wernt playing the cowboys and couldnt bet on having the game handed to us by a butterfingered QB"

coachspeak33
03-29-2007, 10:26 AM
yeah ask that cowboys fan about the great Emmitt Smith getting his HoF ass bottled up that day too...and Michael Irvin & Nate Newton were prbably tweakin from some of Columbia's finest as well

ARKIESTEEL
03-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Ask them where they stand lifetime vs the Steelers in the SB:wink02:

Edman
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Cowboy fans are just bitter that the Steelers have been one of the biggest Anti-Cowboy kyptonite teams ever. We just about match everything they have done. The Steelers thwarted the Cowboys' attempts at glory in the Super Bowl twice and we match them in SB titles.

Thier organization has been a joke since the Mid-90's. While the Steelers remained competitive. Let 'em whine.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-29-2007, 11:14 AM
As long as Jerry Jones is the dictator, er, owner, they'll never win anything...the man is a nuisance who has more money than NFL-know how.

any team that signs an opposing player (T.O.) who spiked a football on their mid-field logo has no pride. period. that is a classless organization.

coachspeak33
03-29-2007, 11:19 AM
As long as Jerry Jones is the dictator, er, owner, they'll never win anything...the man is a nuisance who has more money than NFL-know how.

any team that signs an opposing player (T.O.) who spiked a football on their mid-field logo has no pride. period. that is a classless organization.

Here is a question:

Would you take TJ Houshmanzadeh?

Even though he wiped his feet on the terrible towel.

Stainless Steel
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Here is my angle. It is a shame that this type of attitude spreads even into the church. I think that is what was bugging the original poster. She didn't want to "get down and dirty" with another church member over something so small as a different football teams. She expected, at the most, a little ribbing, not a pathetic disgusting argument over something that is insignificant in comparison ... like NFL football. I love my football and I love the Steelers, but not compared to Jesus Christ.

memphissteelergirl
03-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Here is my angle. It is a shame that this type of attitude spreads even into the church. I think that is what was bugging the original poster. She didn't want to "get down and dirty" with another church member over something so small as a different football teams. She expected, at the most, a little ribbing, not a pathetic disgusting argument over something that is insignificant in comparison ... like NFL football. I love my football and I love the Steelers, but not compared to Jesus Christ.

I appreciate your post, Stainless...thanks for reminding me what's important :wink02:

The guy who made that statement is actually a real nice guy for the most part (he recently married a friend of mine), but I just thought that he crossed the line last night in making that statement. Maybe I overreacted just a tad too. So Sunday I will swallow my pride and apologize for that. Anyhoo, I just think there is a difference in talking a little friendly smack and just making wild and rather mean accusations.

Stainless Steel
03-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I appreciate your post, Stainless...thanks for reminding me what's important :wink02:

The guy who made that statement is actually a real nice guy for the most part (he recently married a friend of mine), but I just thought that he crossed the line last night in making that statement. Maybe I overreacted just a tad too. So Sunday I will swallow my pride and apologize for that. Anyhoo, I just think there is a difference in talking a little friendly smack and just making wild and rather mean accusations.
I love a little ribbing too, even in church, so long as it is a loving ribbing. I have traded friendly jabs from time to time. In the end, though, we can't allow it to interfere with the body of Christ.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 12:29 PM
Here is a question:

In the immortal words of Anthony Smith, looking down at a fetal-positioned TJ Houshmanzadeh (after Smith jacked him up)...."Wipe Your Feet on THAT!!!

TackleMeBen
03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
If a cowgirls fan is gonna bring up "stealing"..they may want to look at T.O.'s contract!!!!They got their own issues to deal with....also may want to bring up..."Well..we wernt playing the cowboys and couldnt bet on having the game handed to us by a butterfingered QB"

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/crybaby2.jpg

memphissteelergirl
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
In the immortal words of Anthony Smith, looking down at a fetal-positioned TJ Houshmanzadeh (after Smith jacked him up)...."Wipe Your Feet on THAT!!!

OK...did he really say that or are you just makin' that up? :wink02:

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-29-2007, 03:10 PM
even if he didn't, it sure sounds like something an intelligent steeler would say!!

polamalufan43
03-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Well, I applaud you for keeping your cool. As for the cowgirl fans, well...

They're just jealous, suck it up and MOVE ON!!!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

BettisFan
03-29-2007, 08:28 PM

Dont let them do that crap, almost on every team forum in the nfl they all say that the officals were bribed, or cheated or somethign for us but they just say that becuase their team either wasnt there or they lost so u know its just being a sore loser, and ask ur cryboy fans "whens the last time you guys have been to the SB... recently....i think not":toofunny:

GBMelBlount
03-29-2007, 10:40 PM

MSG - I committed my life to JC 6 weeks ago Anyway. Ref's are human. '78 cowboys blame the superbowl loss on Swann tripping over Cliff Harris (I think) and a couple other flukes (ref in the way, etc.) Bottom line, it is what it is! Don't blame the ref's!:tt02:

memphissteelergirl
04-02-2007, 09:49 AM
Well, y'all...here is part 2 of the story.

Sunday morning before the first service at our church I thought I would extend the olive branch to the musician who was giving me a hard time about my being a Steelers fan last week. I went over to him and apologized for my anger the week before.

His response (slightly paraphrased): "Hey, I got no problem...I know your team's garbage. If your team had really earned those Super Bowls like the Cowboys did theirs."

All right, I try to be the bigger person and I get shot down :hunch: ...oh, well. But I am not gonna let this get to me. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Like I said before, for the most part he's a good guy...just very much a Cowgirl fan...a rather bitter one it seems.

fansince'76
04-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Old school Cowboys fans stillthink we stole one from them in the 70s. Maybe one of the um um elder(is that the socially correct word) SF members remembers which one 10 or 13, the cowboys went on and on about how the refs gave it to us. I love a sore loser.

It was SB XIII, and it was due to a PI call on Benny Barnes after his and Lynn Swann's feet got tangled up. That isn't why the Cowboys lost the game, however. They lost because Bradshaw had a career game against them that day and Jackie Smith couldn't hold onto the damn ball in the end zone. Case closed. To say that the refs "gave" us that game is as ridiculous as the notion of O'Donnell being paid to throw SB XXX. We lost XXX because on his best day O'Donnell was an average QB and he wilted under championship game pressure.

Stainless Steel
04-02-2007, 11:12 AM

Sunday morning before the first service at our church I thought I would extend the olive branch to the musician who was giving me a hard time about my being a Steelers fan last week. I went over to him and apologized for my anger the week before.

His response (slightly paraphrased): "Hey, I got no problem...I know your team's garbage. If your team had really earned those Super Bowls like the Cowboys did theirs."

All right, I try to be the bigger person and I get shot down :hunch: ...oh, well. But I am not gonna let this get to me. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Like I said before, for the most part he's a good guy...just very much a Cowgirl fan...a rather bitter one it seems.
We gotta love 'em. We don't have to agree with them. God overlooks such ignorance. (Acts 17:30):wink02: So should we.

He is obviously a very immature Christian. Just keep a distance about football to maintain unity.

ARKIESTEEL
04-02-2007, 11:17 AM
We gotta love 'em. We don't have to agree with them. God overlooks such ignorance. (Acts 17:30):wink02: So should we.

He is obviously a very immature Christian. Just keep a distance about football to maintain unity.

Thats all fine and good or you could take the ARKIESTEEL way and kick him in the nuts(Doug 18:57) . Then tell him you forgive him for being rude and you hope he does the same for you.

memphissteelergirl
04-02-2007, 11:51 AM

LOL...suffice it to say I will not be wearing my Steeler gear to church in the future. :wink02:

Stainless Steel
04-02-2007, 11:57 AM
LOL...suffice it to say I will not be wearing my Steeler gear to church in the future. :wink02:
:thumbsup::sofunny:

fansince'76
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM

They didn't win SB XXX - we lost it - big difference.

Newzfoxjr
04-02-2007, 01:09 PM

I still would. Just don't say anything, it'll annoy them probably. =)

polamalufan43
04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
I still would. Just don't say anything, it'll annoy them probably. =)

Honestly, I still would. I mean, I would still want to keep the peace but I wouldn't sacrifice my opinion for it. I gotta keep it real here my friends.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stu Pidasso
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I gotta chime in here. I've spent a few bucks doing this but I got tired of the harassment, so I made a bunch of DVD copies of the NFL Total Access show where Rich Eisen and the head of officiationg Mike Perrera talked about all of the controversial calls. ALL of the calls went our way except for the flag on hasselbeck for blocking low. I get crap, I hand the DVD to them and tell them to get back to me if they have any further assinine arguments. Haven't had a problem since.

GBMelBlount
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
I gotta chime in here. I've spent a few bucks doing this but I got tired of the harassment, so I made a bunch of DVD copies of the NFL Total Access show where Rich Eisen and the head of officiationg Mike Perrera talked about all of the controversial calls. ALL of the calls went our way except for the flag on hasselbeck for blocking low. I get crap, I hand the DVD to them and tell them to get back to me if they have any further assinine arguments. Haven't had a problem since.

Dude, saw the same thing. They said some of the calls may not have normally been seen/made every time, but even if not flagrant, they techically were legitimate penalties!!!!!! Good call. (except hasselbeck.) like you said. Holmgrem is a classless crybaby. It wasn't his fault!....If the ref's hadn't thrown the game he would be......World Champion....I'm getting sick.

FastWillieParker39
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I agree with the past 2 posts if you look at the calls they werent bad at all.

Pass Interference call.........Jackson CLEARLY pushes Hope away which causes seperation which causes a TD for Seattle. If he didnt push him then Hope would have been with him the whole time and would have swatted it away.

Bens TD.........look at it again, no I mean LOOK AT IT CLOSELY. The balls nip was over BARELY, it was over though. He was BARELY over. Plus if its 4th down and an inch I think the Steelers can get over an inch with the Bus in the backfield. Or by Ben going over.

The Haggans holding call..........as you see he was pulling back on Clark which prevented him from getting to the QB. Take the hold away and Hassleback gets sacked or throws it away.

The call on Hassleback was crap I will admit that. But even that call didnt affect the game as then Randle El chucks a long one to Hines as we all know.

It annoys me because whenever I wear my Super Bowl Champs shirt around I get bashed because supposedly the Hawks got screwed.

We won fair and square.

rbryan
04-21-2007, 10:27 PM
No TJ. No Way, Terrible Towel foul or not, Douchmenzadehbinlaudah. Check his alibi on 9/11

Preacher
07-28-2007, 04:04 AM
Hey Memphis...

It is ashame your not in my church...

This coming sunday... we are starting Vacation Bible school... it is called Game day.

Well...

I am PREACHING in my Jack Lambert replithentic jersey!

rog
07-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Thats all fine and good or you could take the ARKIESTEEL way and kick him in the nuts(Doug 18:57) . Then tell him you forgive him for being rude and you hope he does the same for you.

That is too funny.

rabidfrodo
08-03-2007, 11:31 PM

I live in Philly and my family wears Steelers stuff with pride. I got a lot of crap at school about the game being thrown. Though most of my friends agree that when the Seachickens complained that they went to far. I just say look at the calls they were fair the TD call could have gone either way and lets have the Seachickens D stop The Bus it just ain't going to happen ever. Also I would still where the stuff cowgirl fans have a complex I had to deal with one in elementary school when I lived in Pittsburgh when the whole school except him like the Steelers. He never said a word until the Steelers lost Super Bowl XXX. I have to say I cried after that game and when I went into school the next day the teacher told the cowgirls fan to not say anything because she knew ever guy in the class was a Steelers fan, this was second grade everyone.

Oh and would I take TJ whats his face..... NEVER I would never take and Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Raiders, or Patriots players if I ran the Steelers. I hate them and have no respect for a man that wipes his shoes on my Terrible Towel that in my book is a sin and I would like to meet him in the streets of Pittsburgh and ask him to repeat his actions and see what happens then.

SteelCityMan786
08-03-2007, 11:45 PM
I live in Philly and my family wears Steelers stuff with pride. I got a lot of crap at school about the game being thrown. Though most of my friends agree that when the Seachickens complained that they went to far. I just say look at the calls they were fair the TD call could have gone either way and lets have the Seachickens D stop The Bus it just ain't going to happen ever. Also I would still where the stuff cowgirl fans have a complex I had to deal with one in elementary school when I lived in Pittsburgh when the whole school except him like the Steelers. He never said a word until the Steelers lost Super Bowl XXX. I have to say I cried after that game and when I went into school the next day the teacher told the cowgirls fan to not say anything because she knew ever guy in the class was a Steelers fan, this was second grade everyone.

Oh and would I take TJ whats his face..... NEVER I would never take and Ravens, Bengals, Browns, Raiders, or Patriots players if I ran the Steelers. I hate them and have no respect for a man that wipes his shoes on my Terrible Towel that in my book is a sin and I would like to meet him in the streets of Pittsburgh and ask him to repeat his actions and see what happens then.

Wear all of your Steelers Stuff with Pride Bro. Something that we all should do. I also proudly do that after every game.

FastWillieParker39
08-17-2007, 05:01 PM
I'm just wondering if Steeler fans STILL get crap thrown at them? I post on this other football forum where it covers all the divisions. There's this one forum called the "Smack Forum." Well this Seahawk fan posted a thread how we should have NEVER won that SB.

All it was, was :blah: I didn't respond to the idiot. But most of the people that responded (who were fans of other teams) said that looking back at the calls, they weren't bad and could have gone either way. Plus they told him to shut up. It was nice.

Just wondering if you're still getting crap like that today.

BlastFurnace
08-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Here is a question:

In a heartbeat. TJ, In my opinion, is a great receiver. I wish we had him.

steagles
09-29-2007, 09:50 AM

I think you should go ahead and wear Steelers gear anywhere you want to,and with pride,don't let someone else decide your wardrobe for you,that's almost like self-imposed censorship,and there's too much of that already in this PC driven world recently.JMO.