PDA

View Full Version : Chicken & Rice

floodcitygirl
03-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Very simple...

2 each cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, 1 can cream of mushroom soup mix together. Add 2 cups of rice uncooked. mix well. Put it in a baking dish. Put 6 chicken pieces on top (I use breasts.) Sprinkle evenly 1 pkg of onion soup mix on top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hr. Uncover and bake for 1/2 hour more.

BettisFan
03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
my favorate is chikin and rice soup

SteelShooter
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Mmmm - Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Mamaduck43
03-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I am wondering if some extra liquid should be added to this recipe - - - or do you mean to add the canned soups along with the usual can of milk per can of soup.....

As written, it looks kind of dry..... Thanks.....

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 11:44 PM
make the soup its really good

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Sounds good when's dinner??

BettisFan
03-31-2007, 10:58 AM
16 minutes be sure u look clean cut we are having company over

floodcitygirl
03-31-2007, 12:04 PM
I am wondering if some extra liquid should be added to this recipe - - - or do you mean to add the canned soups along with the usual can of milk per can of soup.....

As written, it looks kind of dry..... Thanks.....I have never added water and the chicken and rice have always turned out very flavorful and not dry at all. For this dish, I don't use the boneless, skinless chicken that I normally do. Give it a try and let me know what you think, then you'll know for the next time if addding water would be more to your liking. As I said, I've never done it, but I don't guess it would hurt. :smile:

This recipe is great when you have little time for prep but plenty of time to let it bake. It makes the house smell like you've been cooking all day! I have put this together alot for friends and neighbors that have just had babies or an illness. I just take it unbaked so they can pop it in the oven when they are ready. Send it with a salad and some rolls, and it makes a nice dinner. It's never failed to get a request for the recipe.

BettisFan
03-31-2007, 03:05 PM
but when u do add the water it tastes even better

polamalufan43
04-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Yummy.... dinner time!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl
04-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Update....It had been a long time since I made this for myself. Make sure that you use a baking dish that is large enough to leave some room at the top. Absolutely no worries about not enough liquid! I put this in the oven today and left to pick up the carpool. The liquids had come over the top of the dish. I have a smoke filled house, smoke detector going off and a huge mess in my oven. Thank God for self cleaning technology! :dang: :sofunny: