PDA

View Full Version : Best 1st round pick

DACEB
03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Who could we draft that would come in and play right away as a starter on either offense or defense. Keep in mind that they would most likely be unseating a starter or filling a void, which IMO the only void we have is OLB. Also you can trade up or down but be realistic, we probably have no chance at C. Johnson, J. Thomas or A. Peterson.

So who would be the safest pick, so to say, that would come in and start and help us this season. My picks;

1. G. Adams, IMO he could play at OLB and DE (pass downs) from day 1
2. A. Carriker, If Keisel moves to OLB
3. D. Revis, Would start in Nickel and Dime packages
4. L. Brown, would have to unseat either Smith or Starks

Let me know what you think!

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Who could we draft that would come in and play right away as a starter on either offense or defense. Keep in mind that they would most likely be unseating a starter or filling a void, which IMO the only void we have is OLB. Also you can trade up or down but be realistic, we probably have no chance at C. Johnson, J. Thomas or A. Peterson.

So who would be the safest pick, so to say, that would come in and start and help us this season. My picks;

Safest: Carriker
My pick: Brown
What I think the Steelers will do: Moss

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2007, 02:32 PM

Gaines Adams of course but he will be long gone by the time the Steelers pick in the first round. Not unless the Steelers unload Faneca and their first round pick to move up to draft Adams.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-29-2007, 02:33 PM
Safest: Carriker
My pick: Brown
What I think the Steelers will do: Moss

LLT you really think Moss even though he was busted for weed in the past? The Steelers usually avoid those type of players. But Moss would fill a need.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2007, 02:38 PM
LLT you really think Moss even though he was busted for weed in the past? The Steelers usually avoid those type of players. But Moss would fill a need.

I'm not going to write Moss off until I see how Tomlin drafts...I am also concerened about the fact that he only could manage 16 reps at 225 lbs during the combine.....My choice is still Brown in the first...and Moses in the second....Moses will be a better OLB in my opinion

DACEB
03-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Gaines Adams of course but he will be long gone by the time the Steelers pick in the first round. Not unless the Steelers unload Faneca and their first round pick to move up to draft Adams.

I won't rule out Adams just yet. I still think it's possible he falls or we trade up. I think this could be one of those years that we go and grab the player we want ala Polamalu.

Adams might not fit the general DE mold so some teams might shy away, and it is'nt that far a drop to 15.

BettisFan
03-29-2007, 07:48 PM
we need a corner

The Duke
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
we need a corner

Leon Hall? Not amazing, but this draft isn't filled with good corners

BettisFan
03-29-2007, 09:09 PM
yea i agree not the best draft class for CB's

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I dont think a corner is big on our list...I think that Taylor will be fine this year..... and McFadden will start on the other side.......Townsend is still good enough to play and make a few plays........

MasterOfPuppets
03-29-2007, 10:11 PM
I won't rule out Adams just yet. I still think it's possible he falls or we trade up. I think this could be one of those years that we go and grab the player we want ala Polamalu.

Adams might not fit the general DE mold so some teams might shy away, and it is'nt that far a drop to 15.
adams won't make it past 7

faneca05
03-30-2007, 06:11 PM
what about trading down and taking ryan kalil?

MasterOfPuppets
03-30-2007, 06:21 PM
what about trading down and taking ryan kalil?
he won't even go in rd 1

tony hipchest
03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
what about trading down and taking ryan kalil?our last 3 1st round picks were on offense. we are young on offense and aging in the defensive front 7.

if kalil is a target, id much rather go defense with pick 15 and then trade up to get kalil with our 2nd.

GBMelBlount
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I dont think a corner is big on our list...I think that Taylor will be fine this year..... and McFadden will start on the other side.......Townsend is still good enough to play and make a few plays........

I agree IMHO, also really like the earlier posts about Brown. I guess OLB doesn't have to be 1st round. I was thinking "D' on day one but realize we have definite needs on O-line. I was really down on Ben but maybe not all his fault. Understan "D" is old. It's a tough call

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
but townsend is getting old we need a rookie to be there if we need him to step in but yea no first pick on a DB

Elvis
04-01-2007, 07:15 PM
If we have a chance at Hall Iwould have to say grab him, but I wouldnt trade up to get him.
Jesus Is Coming..
Elvis

Crushzilla
04-02-2007, 10:08 AM
but townsend is getting old we need a rookie to be there if we need him to step in but yea no first pick on a DB

McFadden?

Blitzburger
04-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Definitely don't need a corner - Taylor is coming back, and McFadden is a beast. Townsend still has some years left as nickel-back (remember the havoc he caused in the Superbowl blitzing from the slot?)

The biggest need is the interior of the O-line, but the draft isn't great there. I expect alot of the middle-picks will be there (USC's Kalil as a back-up center or either-side gaurd would be great).

The DE/OLB position is the strongest this year. Adams would be the safest pick, but he'll probably be gone by the 15th, and I don't think the Steelers are in any position to trade up unless they unload Faneca. I like Willis from Miss. or Timmons from FSU (Bowden-coached defenders always kick ass), or even Charles Johnson from Georgia as an Adams-like hybrid guy. He would go great with what Tomlin wants to do, shifting 3-4 /4-3 fronts.