PDA

View Full Version : Lambert on NFL netword NOW!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
2:40 pm thursday

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Well that was interesting.
He was on talking with Derrick Brooks from Tampa about being a LB.
Says that players today are all about "me,me,me" and not about the team.....

true, very true

Stlrs4Life
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Darn, sometimes I wish I didn't have a job!

GBMelBlount
03-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Well that was interesting.
He was on talking with Derrick Brooks from Tampa about being a LB.
Says that players today are all about "me,me,me" and not about the team.....

true, very true

I have been hammered on this, but I do think that players have have the right to look out for themselves first. A player that will take a "paycut" to stay with their team for loyalty or SB potential is admirable & I wish all were like that, however, I can't knock a player for doing what is best for themselves.

fansince'76
04-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Damn, I would've liked to have seen that - it's a very rare occurrence when Lambert puts himself in front of a camera, any camera, since his playing career ended.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I have been hammered on this, but I do think that players have have the right to look out for themselves first. A player that will take a "paycut" to stay with their team for loyalty or SB potential is admirable & I wish all were like that, however, I can't knock a player for doing what is best for themselves.

I understand that but I think that the salaries are way above what the average american is making so I cant sympathize too much.....
I wish there was more team loyalty in football......
How are you going to feel in a few years when you have to buy everygame on PPV and there are no "free" games on local channels because the players are making too much money and it needs to come from somewhere.....Collective barganing agreement doesnt work out and we will be paying for each game.

LambertIsGod58
04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Darn, sometimes I wish I didn't have a job!

I totally agree here...I can count on one hand how many times I've seen Lambert talking on live tv in the last five years.

GBMelBlount
04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
I understand that but I think that the salaries are way above what the average american is making so I cant sympathize too much.....
I wish there was more team loyalty in football......
How are you going to feel in a few years when you have to buy everygame on PPV and there are no "free" games on local channels because the players are making too much money and it needs to come from somewhere.....Collective barganing agreement doesnt work out and we will be paying for each game.

I would prefer not to pay to watch Steelers on TV. Would I pay? Yes, and I would feel it was absolutely worth it...not sure i would want to pay ticket type prices to watch them on TV though! Ugh!:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
04-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I would prefer not to pay to watch Steelers on TV. Would I pay? Yes, and I would feel it was absolutely worth it...not sure i would want to pay ticket type prices to watch them on TV though! Ugh!:tt02:

That's the problem, if we can only get everybody stick together and not pay for it. It doesn't happen.

steeler-dude
04-02-2007, 03:37 AM
Man, I wish I could have seen that!