PDA

View Full Version : Dear Steelers Fever Forums Members

BettisFan
03-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey everyone i wanted to speak out and tell everyone i am sorry. The religeous post i started was stupid and unnecessary. I feel that since the post everyone on the Forums is treating me differently than when i first joined and all. I hope you can all accept i sincere apology and we can all go back to how it was, and my posts can be treated eqaul to other. Thanks again guys.

Your Fellow Forumer (i dont know lol)
ParkerFan

tony hipchest
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
dont sweat it bro. you apologized to those you offended. we all make mistakes. we all live and learn. and while it may have been stupid and unnecessary it was a fun thread to post in! aint nothing like a thread that gets untracked like a runaway train.

HometownGal
03-29-2007, 08:01 PM
You're a-OK in my book, Parker. We have a pretty lighthearted group of members here and as Tony said above, we all make errors in judgment. No need to apologize - your beliefs aren't any less credible than anyone else's, so get with it kiddo and get to posting g-d darn it! :hug: :wink02: :wink02:

BettisFan
03-29-2007, 08:06 PM
thanks guys

verks36
03-29-2007, 08:27 PM
thanks guys

Dude you are a cool cat in my book. YOu are one of the coolest kids on this forum No need for apolgy just know what sitution you are posting in.

ITs all good fellow fourmer

SteelShooter
03-29-2007, 08:48 PM
It's all good Bro.................

steelerbackr4life
03-29-2007, 08:55 PM
no big deal kid. Knowing this board though dont get upset if y-u s-e a bu--h of w--ds li-e th-s f-r aw-ile. It is just good natured kidding :wink02: Id give you one of these :cheers: but you are too young.

floodcitygirl
03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
It takes a big person to admit an error in judgement and a bigger person to admit it publically. I respect your willingness to do this. I also have a great deal of respect for your commitment to your faith. Very impressive in a young man. Keep posting. No one should be that judgemental. :thumbsup:

BlacknGold Bleeder
03-29-2007, 09:14 PM
. No one should be that judgemental. :thumbsup:

There's NO judgemental people around here...:toofunny: ....

post what you want nobody has to read it !!

steelersfanmx
03-30-2007, 09:40 AM
You're a-OK in my book, Parker. We have a pretty lighthearted group of members here and as Tony said above, we all make errors in judgment. No need to apologize - your beliefs aren't any less credible than anyone else's, so get with it kiddo and get to posting g-d darn it! :hug: :wink02: :wink02:

Well said!...:thumbsup:
(if i can write the right words, i steal it!. from a quote... due to my limited english, LOL):sofunny:

parker , no need to apolgize with me bro...:flap:

steelerbackr4life
03-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Wow there is alot of love on this thread! If someone starts singing Cumbay? Im gone.

HometownGal
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow there is alot of love on this thread! If someone starts singing Cumbay? Im gone.

Well - how 'bout a rousing rendition of.............

http://pbskids.kids.us/images/sub-square-barney.gif

:wink02: :wink02:

ARKIESTEEL
03-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Is the season here yet

HometownGal
03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Is the season here yet

Whassa matter Arkie - don't you like Barney? :wink02:

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 01:53 PM
lol

ARKIESTEEL
03-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Whassa matter Arkie - don't you like Barney? :wink02:

Your talking to a man who's little girl just turned 5 so I will let you guess if I like that purple pile of.....................:banging: :jawdrop: :dang:

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
haa yea i feel ya

HometownGal
03-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Your talking to a man who's little girl just turned 5 so I will let you guess if I like that purple pile of.....................:banging: :jawdrop: :dang:

Hey - you gotta admit, that purple pain in the rear is a helluva lot better than those evil looking Teletubby fruit loops. :sofunny:

polamalufan43
03-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Apology accepted, we all make mistakes.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 02:29 PM
thanks everyone for understanding

Mosca
03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey, you've always been OK in my book. And, you did stand up and speak when you felt like something was wrong. Nothing wrong with that.

AND, quite honestly, you did have arguable points, but you have to work on your skills. One of the nice things about debating in a forum is that you get to write, read, think, re-write, think "Wait, let me research that," and look it up in a new window... you get to take your time and formulate a strong case for yourself. You had the germ of a good idea that would have been an interesting subject. I've taken the counter-arguments lots of times, it's fun and helps you sharpen your mind. There's nothing quite like the feeling of sitting there thinking, "OK, now WHY do I believe this?"

Tom

Suitanim
03-30-2007, 07:09 PM
This is pretty big of ParkerFan, and he should be applauded...By admitting fault and showing some humility, he sets a great example that should make a mod and a member or two take notice and follow suit...

tony hipchest
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
This is pretty big of ParkerFan, and he should be applauded...By admitting fault and showing some humility, he sets a great example that should make a mod and a member or two take notice and follow suit...
:toofunny: hahaha!

to parkerfans credit, i did give some thought to if a member had "Praise allah, mohammed is the king of america and the rest of the infidels"
in their sig. it might rub me the wrong way.

then i wondered how i might handle it. i came to the conclusion i would probably just talk alot of shit and engage in cyberbattle until i emerged the victor, and enjoy myself doing it.

Suitanim
03-30-2007, 07:43 PM
But, the important thing, of course, would be to make sure that you never, ever, ever admitted you were wrong, right?

tony hipchest
03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
But, the important thing, of course, would be to make sure that you never, ever, ever admitted you were wrong, right?

"anything else would be uncivilized"

:chuckle:

Stlrs4Life
03-30-2007, 09:11 PM
No problem Parker.

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
lol hispanic barey!! nice thanks guys!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-30-2007, 09:31 PM
No problem....cool that you apologize though

Mosca
03-31-2007, 08:50 AM

Hey, this is the intarnet. No one is ever wrong on the intarnet.

dhosmer
03-31-2007, 09:32 AM
There's NO judgemental people around here...:toofunny: ....

post what you want nobody has to read it !!

BlacknGold i love your sig! Hahahaha

BettisFan
03-31-2007, 09:58 AM
wow so i see we have alot of barney lovers here lol

HometownGal
03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
What's wrong with Barney???

He has ugly feet. I hate feet (even my own!!!) :yuck:

BettisFan
03-31-2007, 05:13 PM
oh well if u judge him by his looks then yea i understand

Suitanim
04-01-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey, this is the intarnet. No one is ever wrong on the intarnet.

Is this a Bushism? I remember when he said:

" I Googled it on the 'internets'"

HometownGal
04-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Maybe you could do that barney dance in one of your newscast videos?? :toofunny:

Somehow, I get the feeling that Parker has 2 left feet - Barney would be appalled! :chuckle:

Mosca
04-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Is this a Bushism? I remember when he said:

" I Googled it on the 'internets'"

Sigh. I'll try to explain it again, but it gets so exasperating sometimes.

I just the other day got... an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially.

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

There. That should clear it up.

Livinginthe past
04-01-2007, 11:27 PM
Sigh. I'll try to explain it again, but it gets so exasperating sometimes.

I just the other day got... an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday, I got it yesterday. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially.

They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes. And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it's going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material.

There. That should clear it up.

My 'Introduction to Internets' hand book clearly describes the Internets as a series of mid-size to large trucks that deliver information along the 'superhighway'.

Im pretty sure the 'series of tubes' theory is old news.

Borski
04-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Takes guts to apologize, your ok in my book.

even though I never posted in that thread, it was fun to watch.

LETS GET TO FOOTBALL SEASON ALREADY!! I HATE THE OFFSEASON!!:helmet: :banging:

Mosca
04-02-2007, 08:09 AM
My 'Introduction to Internets' hand book clearly describes the Internets as a series of mid-size to large trucks that deliver information along the 'superhighway'.

Im pretty sure the 'series of tubes' theory is old news.

European protocol vs. US protocol. There's a small delay every time the tubes empty into the trucks, or the trucks have to pull up to the tubes. They're working on a standard system of conveyor belts, but the information keeps falling off and getting lost (sort of like airline baggage).

Livinginthe past
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
European protocol vs. US protocol. There's a small delay every time the tubes empty into the trucks, or the trucks have to pull up to the tubes. They're working on a standard system of conveyor belts, but the information keeps falling off and getting lost (sort of like airline baggage).

So you're basically saying that Tomlin could be a useful man to have in an internets crisis?

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 09:09 PM
this thread went from one end of the spectrum to another

Mosca
04-02-2007, 09:21 PM
So you're basically saying that Tomlin could be a useful man to have in an internets crisis?

Absolutely. He has John Kuhn in uniform.

Tom

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM

Tom

?? wHAT?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-03-2007, 06:09 PM

Tom

John Kuhn or not...the shrinking internet which I think can be directly attributed to Interweb-?p3@k by followers of Al Gore (the inventor of the Interweb), is going to cause a fallout if there is no common system to deal with a loose based system of control formed into a revolution of illiterate lingo understandable by any outside the OAPs.

It is easy for us to just pass this off in this thread as being a problem with internet trucks and tubes but until All major DBs are covered, including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and Access....we are going to see people in this forum who will start deleted their own threads..or worst yet...only be able to respond to other threads with one word statements until the Oracle and Access are approached.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2007, 09:22 AM
John Kuhn or not...the shrinking internet which I think can be directly attributed to Interweb-?p3@k by followers of Al Gore (the inventor of the Interweb), is going to cause a fallout if there is no common system to deal with a loose based system of control formed into a revolution of illiterate lingo understandable by any outside the OAPs.

It is easy for us to just pass this off in this thread as being a problem with internet trucks and tubes but until All major DBs are covered, including Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, and Access....we are going to see people in this forum who will start deleted their own threads..or worst yet...only be able to respond to other threads with one word statements until the Oracle and Access are approached.

...or it could all be taken care of if we pick whatever player is wearing a gold tie and black suit...ignoring what databases have already decided.

Mosca
04-04-2007, 10:37 AM
...or it could all be taken care of if we pick whatever player is wearing a gold tie and black suit...ignoring what databases have already decided.

I might be misunderstanding you, but hasn't that been decided by limited free agency and the current CBA? Shoes for industry/shoes for defense, and all that?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I might be misunderstanding you, but hasn't that been decided by limited free agency and the current CBA? Shoes for industry/shoes for defense, and all that?

Not if the new commisioner of Football gets his way with interpersonal taxes on franchise expenditures....but then again where would that leave second tier markets and ultimately making the common fan pay the price in the form of suits/no suits at the draft.