PDA

View Full Version : Assault on a pregno women, wow;

ChronoCross
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
By HOWARD ALTMAN
The Tampa Tribune
TAMPA - A Tampa Bay Buccaneers? running back was arrested early this morning after kicking a pregnant woman?s door in, destroying her property, hitting her in the face and pushing her into a wall after arguing about whether he is the father of the woman?s unborn child, according to an arrest report filed by the Hillsborough County Sheriff?s Office.

Full Story;

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/newswire/story/bucs-played-accused-of-assaulting-pregnant-woman

This guy is on the practice squad, I guess the Bucs do not pay him enough. But this is just horrible. This guys should be tied to a pole and shot.

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 02:01 PM
lol what are u searching for on the internet

polamalufan43
03-30-2007, 02:03 PM
Wow, I'm offended...

He should be dropped from the team, he sucks....sick

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

BettisFan
03-30-2007, 03:10 PM
that is really weird an nfl player would do this

klick81
03-30-2007, 05:09 PM
There are bad people in all walks of life. It's sad that the immoral minority gets all the press and attention. There are allot of really good, honest hard working people out there.

And i LOVE your avatar.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
There are bad people in all walks of life. It's sad that the immoral minority gets all the press and attention. There are allot of really good, honest hard working people out there.

That's true.A majority of the NFL's players and coaches are law-abiding citizens and only have minor infractions with the law (parking tickets,speeding tickets,the petty bs stuff).

You almost never read about the charitible stuff players do,only the bad apples get on the news.

Suitanim
03-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Louisville?

Typically this kind of behavior is endemic to the thug factories of FSU, UF and UM.

steelerbackr4life
03-30-2007, 08:13 PM
:iagree: thats funny

tony hipchest
03-30-2007, 08:13 PM
this is stupid. everybody knows tom brady is the father of the unborn child.

SteelCityMan786
03-30-2007, 08:19 PM
this is stupid. everybody knows tom brady is the father of the unborn child.

:sofunny:

Atlanta Dan
03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
The always insightful Tony Dungy has some good observations on the current run of NFL thuggery:

In discussing the league's player conduct issue, the Colts head coach said you can't ignore the impact that the era of free agency has had on teams' ability to keep a core group of veteran leadership intact. Such veteran leadership in the past played a big role in teaching younger players the do's and don'ts of NFL off-field life.

"I think that's where in the free agency system we've kind of lost things,'' Dungy said. "I don't think our team leadership is as effective when you've got the veteran players moving around as much as we do. That's one thing that's different than it used to be, What you're hoping for obviously is for the veteran players to be there and kind of direct the young guys.''

When Dungy played for the Steelers in the late '70s, the atmosphere was different, he said. NFL players always had some off-field issues, but in some cases local police were willing to look out for -- or look past -- some players' indiscretions.

"We had law enforcement that tried to protect you at that time,'' Dungy said. "And we had veteran players that understood the places to go and not to go, and were able to tell guys that when you came into town. It was a sense that it was kind of a family atmosphere and you were trying to keep family business inside. But that's changed, so we've got to change, we've got to adapt.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/03/30/vick/2.html

Good points - while the minor matters that would make the Internet today would slide in the 1970s (e.g. - Lambert's brawls in Pittsburgh taverns; my great memory of being in a jazz bar and seeing Mean Joe smoking a joint), IMHO a lot of the the major stuff today occurs because there is not a core of vets to sit on the more out of control players since everyone is an independent contractor and living year to year with no guarantee of continuity (such as Porter, Hines & Faneca being the types of players who would be lifetime Steelers in the old days but who nowadays who knows).

polamalufan43
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Good points - while the minor matters that would make the Internet today would slide in the 1970s (e.g. - Lambert's brawls in Pittsburgh taverns; my great memory of being in a jazz bar and seeing Mean Joe smoking a joint), IMHO a lot of the the major stuff today occurs because there is not a core of vets to sit on the more out of control players since everyone is an independent contractor and living year to year with no guarantee of continuity (such as Porter, Hines & Faneca being the types of players who would be lifetime Steelers in the old days but who nowadays who knows).

Yeah, I understand that part completely. Who really knows these days? I sure don't...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Suitanim
03-30-2007, 09:00 PM
When Dungy played, the players got a couple hundred thousand as a bonus, not several million. And anything post-OJ means that these kids truly believe that you can get away with murder...

It makes a difference...