PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Trying to Keep Secret That ?Car Of Tomorrow? Is Made In China

SteelCityMan786
04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
NASCAR debuted its futuristic ?Car Of Tomorrow? in last week?s Food City 500, but is trying to conceal from the circuit?s fans that the car is made like cars will be in the future right down to the last detail ? including being built in China.

?Look, a lot of our diehard fans are very much the America first, made in the USA-type crowd,? said NASCAR chairman Brian France. ?But in being true to our vision for the Car Of Tomorrow, we had to be accurate with everything. And, like it or not, everything in the future is going to be made in China. Sorry, fans, that?s just the God?s honest truth. Might as well get used to it. Oh, and while you?re getting used to it, I?d also try to learn some Chinese. That way you?ll be able to communicate with our future rulers.?

But many NASCAR fans say they?d much rather have American-made cars racing in the circuit than staying true to some sort of projection of the future.

?This is ridiculous,? said Dale Raycroft, a NASCAR fan who has attended every race at Tennessee?s Bristol Motor Speedway since 1978. ?Just another example of the current NASCAR powers-that-be ruining it for true fans. First they had to bring in those Jap Toyota cars this year, and now they?re all going to be Oriental cars? That?s bulls?t. This is an American circuit and they should only race American cars. And I mean real American cars ? as in stock cars you or I could get off of a lot. And then when those cars break down every 20 or 30 miles, the drivers should have to fix them on the side of the road just like we do. All of this reliability, quality and foreign stuff has ruined the sport.?

But despite the complaints of fans and drivers, France says NASCAR has no plans to scrap its Car Of Tomorrow or pull manufacturing out of China.

?Look, if I listened to every complaint that Joe NASCAR had, I never would have gotten anywhere,? said France. ?A lot of these people wanted to string me up just because my last name is France.?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-01-2007, 01:19 PM
The fans run every sports buisness........If they do not agree......then they have to get together and not watch nascar, not buy any nascar "stuff" and when their ratings go down and they are losing money then things will go back to the way they should be....

This is true for any sport.

Suitanim
04-01-2007, 02:29 PM
What day is it today again?

SteelCityMan786
04-01-2007, 02:32 PM
APRIL FOOLS!!!!!

Borski
04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Haha

steel4me88
04-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I was going to say... where did that artical come from? :)