PDA

View Full Version : JJ Wins at Martinsville!

HometownGal
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
WOO HOO!!!! :banana: Jimmie holds off Gordon to win the Goody's Cool Orange 500 at Martinsville! :thumbsup: :cheers:

Hendricks finishes 1, 2 and 4.

Suitanim
04-01-2007, 05:50 PM
That was awesome...the best drivers in the best equipment racing each other clean...

Fire Haley
04-01-2007, 06:30 PM
If it was anybody but the #48, Jeffy would have punted them to the wall, no wonder he sounded miffed after the race.

I was really hoping for the #24 and the #48 to take each other out and Hamlin win, but that's just me.

I'll take our 10th as a win...now we can get back to the real race cars and not these super-modified trucks.

Suitanim
04-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Punted like Kenseth kicked Gordon into the wall last year?

Nah, JG runs clean races...he doesn't need to wreck people to win...

Fire Haley
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh now that's hilarious... quit tryin'...everybody knows Jeffy only whines when he's the one getting whacked...he's got a lot of people mad at him...

Chicago 06
Sonoma 06
Martinsville Fall 05
Talladega 05
Martinsville Spring 05, just ask Harvick about that one

Suitanim
04-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Oh, he'll bump and run, sure...he doesn't need to flat out wreck people, though...

tony hipchest
04-02-2007, 06:40 PM
thats what sucks about direct tv. you program a race to record and it only records the scheduled race time (it doesnt take into account rin delays or the actual end of the program). my recording just ran out with about 60-70 laps and was waiting to catch the results on "inside nextel cup".

i can partially accept the "jeff gordon is one of the best drivers" argument. but other than the best equipment what is it that suggests busch and johnson are 2 of the best drivers? is hendrick just that lucky?

if he were miraculously that great a judge in talent casey mears would be a shoo-in for a top 10 spot in the rankings by now.

*cough (subpar equipment and personnel) cough*

Suitanim
04-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Johnson? Easy. Gordon raced against him and couldn't believe how talented he was...if Jeff Gordon thinks you are a great racer, I'm guessing you are probably a great racer...

Subpar? Darian Grubb is just the next phenom crew chief in the Hendrick machine. And why would Hendrick give Casey subpar equipment? He's in an owners point race, and there is a TON of sponsor money for the 25 team.

I think Casey needs a half year to get his ducks in a row, and he'll start winning too.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion...

tony hipchest
04-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Johnson? Easy. Gordon raced against him and couldn't believe how talented he was...if Jeff Gordon thinks you are a great racer, I'm guessing you are probably a great racer...

Subpar? Darian Grubb is just the next phenom crew chief in the Hendrick machine. And why would Hendrick give Casey subpar equipment? He's in an owners point race, and there is a TON of sponsor money for the 25 team.

I think Casey needs a half year to get his ducks in a row, and he'll start winning too.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion...gordon is "partial" owner of johnsons team. is he really gonna say anything different?

im sure you can imagine the nfl w/o no salary cap with kraft, snyder, and jones spearheading the charge (otherwise, the steelers winning a sb would be about as remote as vince papale actually playing in an nfl game). while i will never turn on nascar, that is what it has become.

leave it to roush to team up with "fenway".

how phenominal has evernham been w/o hendricks money behind him?

Suitanim
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
A) Gordon said that Johnson was an awesome racer before he recruited him...um, er, that's exactly WHY he recruited him.
B) The Yankee's pay 10 times in salary what the Tigers pay. Who played in the World Series last year? Equipment can't avoid "The Big One" at Daytona or Talladega. Equipment can't predict a caution that puts a driver a lap down, or make a two tire call to win a race. Equipment can't make the snap decision that avoids a wreck. Equipment is just like everything else...it's nice to have, but the driver makes the difference.
C) Evernham made the mistake of teaming with Dodge. On top of that, aero came to the forefront and replaced set-up as the key to winning races. If the COT is truly going to be a set-up car, Ray will shine again.

steel4me88
04-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Oh now that's hilarious... quit tryin'...everybody knows Jeffy only whines when he's the one getting whacked...he's got a lot of people mad at him...

Chicago 06
Sonoma 06
Martinsville Fall 05
Talladega 05
Martinsville Spring 05, just ask Harvick about that one

I totaly agree!! If it had been any one else but JJ, Gordon would have wrecked him. You could tell Jeff was getting pissed. I can't believe I am going to say it, but I wouldn't have blamed him for it this time. JJ was defenatly holding him up.

Off the topic did you see where the hopes for a track in Washington failed. Those pea brains I can't believe they would pass up such and opportunity. I say bring a track to Montana we have lots of room. Though that would never fly because we don't have any big citys.

HometownGal
04-03-2007, 12:09 PM
Punted like Kenseth kicked Gordon into the wall last year?

Nah, JG runs clean races...he doesn't need to wreck people to win...

Absofreakinlutely Suit! :thumbsup:

Fire Haley
04-03-2007, 02:52 PM
From nascar.com.....

One COT feature, the matched bumpers, came into play at the end of the Martinsville race and prevented runner-up Jeff Gordon from pulling the bump-and-run move on eventual winner Jimmie Johnson in the final laps. On the old car, the front bumper was lower than the rear, allowing the driver in second place to nose an opponent out of the way.

Now, that move is much more difficult to execute. And Johnson was just fine with it.

"I think it's a good thing," he said after his third victory this season. "The guy behind you can't just go in there and knock him out of the way. You've actually got to drive the car past him."

What? JJ saying Jeffy can't drive? That's gotta sting...

Fire Haley
04-03-2007, 02:58 PM
did you see where the hopes for a track in Washington failed. Those pea brains I can't believe they would pass up such and opportunity.

My sister lives up there...the bottom line was it wasn't a very good deal for the taxpayers of Washington in general, and the most recent deal was almost universally opposed by the folks in and around Bremerton.

Public funding of private enterprise is almost always a bad idea, and this was no exception. A racetrack isn't like a convention center or indoor arena that can be rented to groups to pay for the construction and overhead, it's only going to get used 3 days a year, and the lack of commitment on NASCAR's part to ensure a Cup date in an already crowded schedule compounded the problem.

steel4me88
04-03-2007, 05:18 PM
My sister lives up there...the bottom line was it wasn't a very good deal for the taxpayers of Washington in general, and the most recent deal was almost universally opposed by the folks in and around Bremerton.

Public funding of private enterprise is almost always a bad idea, and this was no exception. A racetrack isn't like a convention center or indoor arena that can be rented to groups to pay for the construction and overhead, it's only going to get used 3 days a year, and the lack of commitment on NASCAR's part to ensure a Cup date in an already crowded schedule compounded the problem.

Well that does make sense now that you put it that way. It still bums me out that I won't get a track closer to where I live. Plus my sister lives near Bremerton and it would just be way handy. I would pay taxes up the wazoo to get a track in my back yard.

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 01:10 PM
From nascar.com.....

One COT feature, the matched bumpers, came into play at the end of the Martinsville race and prevented runner-up Jeff Gordon from pulling the bump-and-run move on eventual winner Jimmie Johnson in the final laps. On the old car, the front bumper was lower than the rear, allowing the driver in second place to nose an opponent out of the way.

Now, that move is much more difficult to execute. And Johnson was just fine with it.

"I think it's a good thing," he said after his third victory this season. "The guy behind you can't just go in there and knock him out of the way. You've actually got to drive the car past him."

What? JJ saying Jeffy can't drive? That's gotta sting...

But at a track with only a groove and a half, you CAN'T just drive past another driver. That's why people HAVE to bump and run. If a slow car is in front of you, and they block and won't get out of the way, the car has to be moved or it'll slow the whole pack of 43 down eventually.

There is a HUGE difference between the bump and run and wrecking someone...what Gordon was saying was that the bump and run doesn't work in this car, and the drivers will have to figure out a different way to accomplish the same result with the COT...