SteelersFever
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Title: Q & A With Steelers Cornerback Ike Taylor
Source: Steelers Fever
Author: Paul Eide

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0720.html

tony hipchest
04-02-2007, 12:53 PM
excellent. great to know this site has the connections to bring us this interview. it really doesnt sound like tomlin is coming in with the idea of finding a replacement for. ike. i know many fans are hoping for a replacement but he still has room to grow and i believe tomlin can maximixe his talent and make his salary look like a bargain compared to really good cb's around the league.

Stlrs4Life
04-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Nice read. Hopefully Ike turns it up this year.

polamalufan43
04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm praying that Ike will return this year to his normal self. This season could be key for him.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Suitanim
04-02-2007, 07:53 PM
"He sucked last year. Trade him for a 4th or cut him"

< Some fans on this and other boards >

GBMelBlount
04-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Great read. Ike is physically perfect for the position! Made huge mistakes last year. He is relatively young. I think he has incredible upside & IMHO think he will come through this year. He better! We made a decent investment in him. I think it will be worth it & I think this was a very good interview. Think we may have too much invested to pick much else especially early.

SteelerFanInTX210
04-02-2007, 09:18 PM
I dont want Ike to return to normal, i want him to become elite, i think he can and i always have.

GBMelBlount
04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
I dont want Ike to return to normal, i want him to become elite, i think he can and i always have.

Believe!!!!!!:cheers:

Steelersfan4life0655
04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
god, i really can see this guy being a top 5 DB. If he is focused, i really cant see another disappointment like last year. so i know this guy can be kick ass and hopefully show this coming season. :tt02:

aussiesteelers
04-03-2007, 04:17 AM
Ike will be a top 5 CB if he just learns to play the ball better. he is great in coverage but the problem was last year and even 2005 was that he couldn't react to the ball like a champ bailey. if tomlin and the new secondary coach can teach him that then there is no need to take a cornerback high in the draft.

stillers4me
04-03-2007, 05:43 AM
I like Ike......I like Mike........Here we Go, Steelers Revenge Tour 2007!! Thanks , SF!! :thumbsup:

19ward86
04-03-2007, 09:29 AM
i heard that he was the first one in camp a few months ago working out, i hope he becomes a better corner because we know that the steelers need a good corner.

ARKIESTEEL
04-03-2007, 09:59 AM
Good read great to know we got some pull to get an interveiw with Ike. Maybe we could get Hines next or Heath next???

SteelCityPride
04-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Maybe if our secondary could knock the concrete off of their hands. haha. I think he will come aorund nicely this year.

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 10:15 AM
it would be amazing f ike turned out to be like ronde

HometownGal
04-03-2007, 11:48 AM
SF - What's the feeling going into this off-season compared to last year?

IT - "It's a new leaf. It's kind of hard because for 15 years Cowher was here and you knew what to expect, but that's the nature of the game. It's a business and that stuff happens. We're all excited, we've got a new coach who seems like he's hungry and we've got to ride his coat tails."

Right on the money, Ike. It's a new season with a new coach and the birth of a new ERA. Everyone has to do their part and as Ike said earlier in the interview - consistency is the key. Forget about last season - it's in the past. Be an integral cog in that wheel, focus on the present and make it happen! :tt02:

ChronoCross
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Ike returns to 2005 form, with some improvement would be great for the team. We already know he has it in him. Just like this last season he had problems like the rest of the team.

memphissteelergirl
04-03-2007, 01:20 PM
This season could be key for him.

:iagree: I think Ike and Troy are the essential keys to our secondary next season...

paw-n-maul-u
04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I don't really know what to think of Ike. Yeah, he had a pretty good 2005 season, has all the physical tools to become one helluva corner, and seems to be enthusiastic about his new opportunity under Tomlin as HC. HOWEVER, he was also the MOST THROWN AT corner in the NFL in 2005. And Ike definitely wasn't turning those pass defenses into INT's. Not to mention the multiple times he got burned deep this year. Obviously he shouldn't have been benched but he definitely was not playing up to his contract that he signed before the start of the season.

I'm a much bigger fan of McFadden and I hope he really steps up this year. I'm sick and tired of seeing Deshea on the field.

We've spent two second round picks on CB's in the last few years, and then theres always Ike. I think our secondary is probably our most solid unit if you take into consideration the youth and potential upside. This isn't a very good class of CB's ... and no one in particular that just stands outs above all the others. Don't look for much change in the secondary this season. Possibly next year if it looks like mcfadden or ike won't pan out.

tony hipchest
04-03-2007, 09:29 PM
everybody loves ike when hes singled up on chad johnson and shutting him down the past 5 match ups.

everybody dogs ike when, in the superbowl, scheme dictates he play 10 yds off of jackson and help in run support, and jackson gets 5 catches off of him for short gains in 1 half of play. then again, ike had 1 sb int and wr's had 0 td catches. :hunch:

willie and ben suffer the same scrutiny from steelerfans. ike deserves another chance as much as anyone else.

GBMelBlount
04-03-2007, 09:48 PM
everybody loves ike when hes singled up on chad johnson and shutting him down the past 5 match ups.

everybody dogs ike when, in the superbowl, scheme dictates he play 10 yds off of jackson and help in run support, and jackson gets 5 catches off of him for short gains in 1 half of play. then again, ike had 1 sb int and wr's had 0 td catches. :hunch:

willie and ben suffer the same scrutiny from steelerfans. ike deserves another chance as much as anyone else.

Ike is physical & young. Does he have the physicalities to play the positin... Yes!!!! The knowledge & experience....we'll see. He's young. If he learns how to cover, not deer stare, that is the key. I think he is focused, motivated and has the potential, and I think as a Steeler, he will do everything possible to do us proud!

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 03:40 PM
Ike suffered last year on the mental side...he'll recover.

polamalufan43
04-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Ike suffered last year on the mental side...he'll recover.

Very good point. Half of his trouble was a mental game.

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Well, according to some, we have the worst CB's ever, they all suck and we are doomed to giving up 589 yards a game.

I, however, expect a breakout season for the entire D, including that group of "awful" DB's who are Troy, Smith, Carter, Townsend, Ike, Coke, McFadden, Clark, Chidi, Logan, Madison, and others.

GBMelBlount
04-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Well, according to some, we have the worst CB's ever, they all suck and we are doomed to giving up 589 yards a game.

I, however, expect a breakout season for the entire D, including that group of "awful" DB's who are Troy, Smith, Carter, Townsend, Ike, Coke, McFadden, Clark, Chidi, Logan, Madison, and others.

Absolutely, I actually hope we look at OLB & maybe DE before Secondary. However, If Ike doesn't come around, I'll be eatin' crow!