PDA

View Full Version : Major Problem help please

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 06:18 PM
ok guys so i had this problem last season because i have recently moved to houston i dont get any Steelers games so i just looked into NFl network... um 750 dollars a year no way!! ok so i dont know what to do are there any sites that show the games for free or is there any way i can see them online for a much less cost? please help i am getting desperate its hard to just see sporscenter or the blitz and not be able to watch the games.

MACH1
04-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Check into Directv and Sunday Ticket. ST is a little spendy but worth it, between $200-250- and it comes with NFLN.

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
thanks is there anything online though where u pay and can see the games?

ChronoCross
04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
In June Direct TV offers NFL Sunday Ticket, and you can pay in 5 easy installments to take off the financial burden $49.80each month. Only Direct TV and Affiliates of Direct TV carry the package and all Affiliates of Direct TV even carry about the same price package. Some cable companies carry NFL Network channel but not NFL Sunday Ticket because they do not have the rights. And if you get the jump and order early you save like 20 to 40 bucks.

MACH1
04-02-2007, 06:48 PM

not that I know of. I have dtv and st, its well worth it here in potato land.:sofunny:

Go to their site and see if you can find something out. I'm pretty sure they dont show any games or shows over the internet.

ChronoCross
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
not that I know of. I have dtv and st, its well worth it here in potato land.:sofunny:

Go to their site and see if you can find something out. I'm pretty sure they dont show any games or shows over the internet.

Yea actually you can watch Games online, but there is about a 2min delay between live play and watching it online. We would be calling out plays that happen in online chat and some of the guys would go stop it.. Play has not happen yet for me.. But I forget what software it was tho. There is several programs, Id have to look them up.

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 09:55 PM
Yea actually you can watch Games online, but there is about a 2min delay between live play and watching it online. We would be calling out plays that happen in online chat and some of the guys would go stop it.. Play has not happen yet for me.. But I forget what software it was tho. There is several programs, Id have to look them up.

ok haha but i found these programs SoapCast and TVU. Both are said to have all nfl games during the season i hope this is true? anyone know??

ChronoCross
04-02-2007, 10:00 PM
ok haha but i found these programs SoapCast and TVU. Both are said to have all nfl games during the season i hope this is true? anyone know??

Yea that is the programs.. There is a another one are two out there.. Its not the best picture in the world and you need a good connection...

PisnNapalm
04-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Find a Steelers bar and watch them there.

SteelShooter
04-02-2007, 10:15 PM
PF,

If you go to nfl.com you can listen to the radio broadcast live (just a couple of seconds in time latency). It costs about $9.95/month. You can just pay for the months covering football season. When I was stationed in San Diego, I would turn on a game (usually a Chargers game, of course) and turn the volume down. I would place my laptop on the coffee table and listen to the game, but flip between the different channels in case they showed highlights.

It's a cheaper way out if all else fails.

Also, you said Houston? What part? I grew up near there (currently stationed in Mississippi)..

SteelShooter
04-02-2007, 10:16 PM

Bro,

I love the new Sig! :thumbsup:

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Yea that is the programs.. There is a another one are two out there.. Its not the best picture in the world and you need a good connection...

so they do show all the games?
also
"PF,

If you go to nfl.com you can listen to the radio broadcast live (just a couple of seconds in time latency). It costs about $9.95/month. You can just pay for the months covering football season. When I was stationed in San Diego, I would turn on a game (usually a Chargers game, of course) and turn the volume down. I would place my laptop on the coffee table and listen to the game, but flip between the different channels in case they showed highlights.

It's a cheaper way out if all else fails.

Also, you said Houston? What part? I grew up near there (currently stationed in Mississippi).."

Yea but what do u mean why could u not listen to the sound of the chargers game i dont understadn u listend to sound from what game?? can u just simplify what u said doesnt really make sence. Also 10 bucks a month i dunno jsut for sound i mean cant i use those programs and have video and sound? ok also i live in bellaire texas now i am moving to missouri city in 3 months.

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 10:28 PM
..??? please help :(

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 10:48 PM
i am looking into paying for the whole season 39.95 ,btu two questions if i try to get itit now it makes me do some 7 day trail and i dont see an option about the whole season also if i would buy now would it last all the way through the end of the sesason or just the time of a season form now till how long a season is?

SteelShooter
04-02-2007, 10:59 PM
My apologies over the confusion. It is the "Field Pass" that I was speaking of.

What I meant was that I would listen to the Steelers game on the pittsburgh radio broadcast (with Tunch and crew...Myron Cope was on there until his retirement).

i would just watch the Chargers game with no sound on it:

1) just to have something for my eyes to lock on

and

2) to watch for highlights, video updates, etc...

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 11:04 PM
oh very clever nice, yea i have decided on field pass and then using nfl.com's gamecenter but "i am looking into paying for the whole season 39.95 ,btu two questions if i try to get itit now it makes me do some 7 day trail and i dont see an option about the whole season also if i would buy now would it last all the way through the end of the sesason or just the time of a season form now till how long a season is?"

SteelShooter
04-02-2007, 11:32 PM
oh very clever nice, yea i have decided on field pass and then using nfl.com's gamecenter but "i am looking into paying for the whole season 39.95 ,btu two questions if i try to get itit now it makes me do some 7 day trail and i dont see an option about the whole season also if i would buy now would it last all the way through the end of the sesason or just the time of a season form now till how long a season is?"

You get it for a year. No need to rush and get it now. Wait until right before pre-season.

BettisFan
04-02-2007, 11:38 PM
but whats up with it sayign 9.95 a month and 7 day trial ?

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 12:10 AM
i am not goign to get it yet also becuase i dont understand that

fansince'76
04-03-2007, 12:25 AM
but whats up with it sayign 9.95 a month and 7 day trial ?

Field Pass is a rip off when you can get every Steelers radio broadcast for free at this link: http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#pit. WBGG 970 AM is the best bet for all the games and carries Tunch and Wolf. As far as TVU goes, I was able to get 4 Steelers games last year on it, but I certainly couldn't get all of them. TVU is great if you want 50 channels of Thai and Chinese TV.

LambertLunatic
04-03-2007, 02:27 AM

The only way I know of is getting the bit torrent the day after the game. If you can avoid hearing the score a whole day, and can wait a day to watch the game, it's an option. Personally, I just go to a sports bar to watch the games. Opps, I mean I go to a sports "restaurant". At least that's where I tell the kids I'm going. :cheers:

aussiesteelers
04-03-2007, 05:09 AM
I live in australia and i used sopcast last season but sometimes tvu. also there is a website where it shows what games are going to be streamed where like a tv guide. most steeler games are on but sometimes the quality can be bad and you need good internet connection.

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Field Pass is a rip off when you can get every Steelers radio broadcast for free at this link: http://www.thegamelive.com/footballnfl.html#pit. WBGG 970 AM is the best bet for all the games and carries Tunch and Wolf. As far as TVU goes, I was able to get 4 Steelers games last year on it, but I certainly couldn't get all of them. TVU is great if you want 50 channels of Thai and Chinese TV.

does this have preseason adn home and away and playoffs(lets pray) games?

To use do i just go to that link then click on WBGG 970 AM and durign the season i would listen to that and it would have games?
ALso does it matter which steeler one i use or is this one better?

fansince'76
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
does this have preseason adn home and away and playoffs(lets pray) games?

To use do i just go to that link then click on WBGG 970 AM and durign the season i would listen to that and it would have games?
ALso does it matter which steeler one i use or is this one better?

I'm not sure about preseason, but WBGG 970 carries all home and away regular season games. I occasionally connect to WDVE 102.5 when I can't connect to WBGG (which is rare) - the other stations I have never used.

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 12:55 PM
do u know which ones if any carry preseason, ( thats another reason why i want to do field pass)

fansince'76
04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I don't see why WBGG wouldn't carry them - they have local 950 AM here in Denver and they carry all the Broncos games, including preseason - I think WBGG is the same kind of deal.

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 01:05 PM
ok thanks so u think it will have the hall of fame game?

ARKIESTEEL
04-03-2007, 01:08 PM

I think this dude is in high school

ARKIESTEEL
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
ok guys so i had this problem last season because i have recently moved to houston i dont get any Steelers games so i just looked into NFl network... um 750 dollars a year no way!! ok so i dont know what to do are there any sites that show the games for free or is there any way i can see them online for a much less cost? please help i am getting desperate its hard to just see sporscenter or the blitz and not be able to watch the games.

Cant you get direct TV that 750 for the NFL network seems crazy

MACH1
04-03-2007, 01:29 PM
If you can talk mom & dad into getting dtv get it. First time customers get FREE setup, equipment and other things free for a while. They used to have for first timers get NFL ST for half price for the first year, not sure if they still do that. Might have to call them and ask for it or wheel and deal with them, there usually pretty good for making deals. And if or when you move they will move your set-up for free.

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
If you can talk mom & dad into getting dtv get it. First time customers get FREE setup, equipment and other things free for a while. They used to have for first timers get NFL ST for half price for the first year, not sure if they still do that. Might have to call them and ask for it or wheel and deal with them, there usually pretty good for making deals. And if or when you move they will move your set-up for free.
yea i have tried its a no go

Preacher
04-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Thats a shame... cause DTV is the best way...

My next suggestion, is that you find a restaurant close by that utilizes DTV. There are actually a lot of "Sports bars" that are really big restaurants. Being a pastor, I usually would rather go to those then an actual bar.