PDA

View Full Version : WHIZZINATOR WANTS BACK IN

ChronoCross
04-03-2007, 12:03 PM
WHIZZINATOR WANTS BACK IN
Former NFL running back Onterrio Smith has filed the appropriate paperwork for reinstatement, nearly two full years after he was bounced for multiple violations of the substance-abuse policy.
The problems came to a head (pun definitely not intended but impossible to ignore) when a fake, um, organ for use in duping drug tests was found in his luggage at an airport check point. He later was suspended, reportedly for skipping a drug test (http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2064069).
Agent Doug Hendrickson told the Green Bay Press-Gazette that he made the application last week on Smith's behalf (http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070403/PKR01/704030540/1989).
"He's been out of the league two years, but you know the talent's there," Hendrickson said. "He's still young. A lot of teams need a back. I think someone will take a chance on him and bring him in to camp."
Smith called himself the "Steal of the Draft" after the Vikings selected him in the fourth round four years ago. He started his collegiate career at Tennessee, was expelled, and finished up at Oregon. Concerns arising from (surprise, surprise) marijuana use caused the guy with first-round talent to fall to out of day one. (A prior version of this story said that Smith was a third-round pick. We apologize for the error.)
He rushed for more than 500 yards as a rookie, including two late-season games with 148 and 146. He rushed for more than 600 yards in 2004, when he was missed games due to a drug-related suspension.
Smith tried to play for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers of the CFL in 2005, but was cut during training camp (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2479009).
Technically, Smith was banished from the league, with the opportunity to apply to reinstatement after one year. He has applied for reinstatement at least once before.
Last week, Ricky Williams applied for reinstatement following a banishment imposed in April 2006. This is Williams' first shot at reinstatement.

PFT

HometownGal
04-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Reinstatement? Both Smith and Williams should be permanently barred from re-entry into the league. Dollars to donuts says that if they are allowed to return, they're both suspended this season or next for repeat substance abuse. Once a doper, always a doper and if the NFL allows them to come back, they're even bigger dopes.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Even if he did get reinstated...word is that he has a "piss-poor" attitude

tony hipchest
04-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Even if he did get reinstated...word is that he has a "piss-poor" attitude
HA! you know marvin lewis is going through tremors trying to resist the urghe to pick up the phone and call him. "but its 1st round talent..., must call"

o smith already has experience playing with 2 johnsons.

Stainless Steel
04-03-2007, 12:19 PM
It isn't just a drug issue. It is an honesty issue. It is a charactor issue. Let him play in arena football, if they will allow it.

fansince'76
04-03-2007, 01:37 PM
If Goodell is at all serious about cleaning up the league's image, the "Whizzinator's" reinstatement request will NOT be granted. Let this assclown go play for peanuts in the Arena League. Of course, I have to wonder how far Goodell can go without Upshaw and the NFLPA interfering on the "Whizzinator's" behalf. Let's face it, nothing less than a murder conviction is enough in Upshaw's mind to uphold what would in effect be a permanent ban from the NFL for any player, and I'm not even sure a murder conviction would be enough for Upshaw.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-03-2007, 01:58 PM
HA! you know marvin lewis is going through tremors trying to resist the urghe to pick up the phone and call him. "but its 1st round talent..., must call"

I still have Marvin taking Eric Wright out of UNLV...with the arrest on rape...and finding 136 estasy pills in his apartment....he was BORN to be a Bengal!!!

BettisFan
04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
i dont even rea;y remember this guy

SteelCityMan786
04-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Reinstatement? Both Smith and Williams should be permanently barred from re-entry into the league. Dollars to donuts says that if they are allowed to return, they're both suspended this season or next for repeat substance abuse. Once a doper, always a doper and if the NFL allows them to come back, they're even bigger dopes.

Williams one more chance since he hasn't busted the drug rule enough, but Smith rid him.

Stlrs4Life
04-03-2007, 07:55 PM
[ (A prior version of this story said that Smith was a third-round pick. We apologize for the error.)[/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]

PFT
[/LEFT]

Heh. PFT apologizing for an error? They would be doing this on a constant basis.

Stainless Steel
04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
i dont even rea;y remember this guy
The only way I know him is due to Fantasy Football.

GBMelBlount
04-03-2007, 11:36 PM

Imagine inventing and making this thing for players to use!!?? I have have finally found my purpose in life!!!!!!! He was on the Saturday 104.7 talk show "extremely average" or whatefer it is...it was hysterical!