PDA

View Full Version : Chris Henry speaks on meeting with commish

tony hipchest
04-03-2007, 07:10 PM
in a telephone interview with rich eisen (nfl network) he said all his troubles behind him. eisen asked him about all his fans who are scratching their heads, wondering if his bad behavior is really over.

"well they're not true fans" (of course not, they're bunglefans) but he thanked all the fans who support him and still think hes great. :rolleyes: those 3 fans must be really proud.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10106445
Eisen: Many people out there, certainly Bengals fans, are left scratching their heads over your actions, the number of arrests you've had over a very short period of time. What would you say to those fans who feel confused or wondering whether you saying this is over is, in fact, going to be the case?

Henry: Well, the fans who you say are "scratching their heads" really aren't true fans, I guess, but I want to thank all the fans that supported me, which I still have a lot of with everything going on, still standing behind me. I just want to thank everybody and go into next season, make some big plays and try to take (Cincinnati) to the Super Bowl and make up for all the mistakes I made and all the problems I brought to Cincinnati.

what an ignorant moron :dang:

TackleMeBen
04-03-2007, 07:46 PM
he is an ignorant moran if he thinks cincy is going to the superbowl :sofunny:

CantStop85
04-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I still love you, Chris.

tony hipchest
04-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I still love you, Chris.

seriously???

stillers4me
04-04-2007, 06:48 AM
All these halfwit Bengals players are always being quoted in the papers here about going to the SuperBowl. Would someone please tell those morons that you have to get to the playoffs and beat the cream of the crop first before you go to the SuperBowl. None of them ever say "get to the playoffs"....it's always their impression that somebody else is playing in Carson's SuperBowl.......again.

But what do can you expect from Cintucky.......there's no cornhole playoffs........just the Carson Cornhole Classic!

ARKIESTEEL
04-04-2007, 06:53 AM
I still cant wait to see what they plan to do with this nitwit and pacman. I think its time they fell on their swords for the rest of the NFL.

Livinginthe past
04-04-2007, 07:45 AM
Well there you have the typical disconnection between pro sportsman and the average fan.

Pro sportsman makes a number of embarrassing errors in judgement - and then abuses the fans who draw the only logical conclusion they can - Chris Henry is a punk who needs to grow up.

I would love for the NFL to throw the book at these guys, but I bet they will be worrried about setting a precedent and having to clamp down on a real superstar of the game sometime in the future.

Henry should be banned for an absolute minimum of 8 games but its rumored the NFLPA will get involved if that happens.

memphissteelergirl
04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Well, I'll believe it when I see it. That's all I can say.

floodcitygirl
04-04-2007, 10:27 AM
I heard a brief audio clip of Henry being interviewed, yesterday. He talked about how good he is at playing ball and how he is a "team player"......:dang: He just doesn't get it.

HometownGal
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Henry: Well, the fans who you say are "scratching their heads" really aren't true fans, I guess, but I want to thank all the fans that supported me, which I still have a lot of with everything going on, still standing behind me. I just want to thank everybody and go into next season, make some big plays and try to take (Cincinnati) to the Super Bowl and make up for all the mistakes I made and all the problems I brought to Cincinnati.

One thought comes to mind here........

http://a1061.g.akamai.net/7/1061/5412/home/www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/292573.jpg + http://techalive.mtu.edu/meec/module14/images/paperbag.jpg = http://www.themightymjd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/chrishenrymugshot.jpg

fansince'76
04-04-2007, 10:38 AM
All these halfwit Bengals players are always being quoted in the papers here about going to the SuperBowl. Would someone please tell those morons that you have to get to the playoffs and beat the cream of the crop first before you go to the SuperBowl. None of them ever say "get to the playoffs"....it's always their impression that somebody else is playing in Carson's SuperBowl.......again.

Which is why they'll more than likely fall flat on their faces....again. That entire team has serious issues when it comes to the subject of maturity. The sense of entitlement most of them seem to exhibit when it comes to the subject of winning a Super Bowl makes them come off like a bunch of 12-year-olds. They might make a formidable team if they ever decide to grow up.

Edman
04-04-2007, 01:40 PM
I was already convinced Golden Boy Carson and the Bungles weren't ready for primetime after seeing the way they acted in (and after) the Playoff game in '05. I am even more convinced now. This team is incredibly immature and clueless. They'll go nowhere unless they grow up and act like professionals.

ARKIESTEEL
04-04-2007, 01:41 PM
I was already convinced Golden Boy Carson and the Bungles weren't ready for primetime after seeing the way they acted in (and after) the Playoff game in '05. I am even more convinced now. This team is incredibly immature and clueless. They'll go nowhere unless they grow up and act like professionals.

Starts with the owners and works its way down

ben2hines=6
04-04-2007, 01:50 PM
ohh yea the bumgals have been whining since thurman got suspended for the year saying thats the reason their defense turned sour (as if it ever got any better)...but with a team that had 9 arrests in 9 months and the team doesnt suspend any of the players u can see the class of the team, no they wait for the nfl to make their move....id say they better work on their secondary after santonio VICTIMIZED it to knock their bitch ass' out of the playoffs

CantStop85
04-04-2007, 02:06 PM
but with a team that had 9 arrests in 9 months and the team doesnt suspend any of the players u can see the class of the team, no they wait for the nfl to make their move

With the NFLPA today, there really isn't a whole lot the Bengals organization can do to these players...that being said, 2 of the guys are already gone: Matthias Askew and Eric Steinbach, the Bengals seem to be looking for a way to trade Deltha O'Neal, and it's looking iffy as to if Reggie McNeal will make it on the roster next season. Odell Thurman seems to be on a short leash, one more mistake and he's a goner if he isn't already.

The jury's still out on AJ Nicholson and Frostee Rucker, but the Bengals seem to be committed to Johnathan Joseph.

fansince'76
04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
With the NFLPA today, there really isn't a whole lot the Bengals organization can do to these players...

Agreed - Upshaw & Co. are a BIG part of the problem as well.

polamalufan43
04-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Agreed - Upshaw & Co. are a BIG part of the problem as well.

True, but it is just really annoying. I mean, I just wish that they would do something to slap these players in the head and wake-up all those obviously dead brain cells. Yes I know, this means I actually care about the Bungals players and their criminal issues, but hey, it's the offseason, and it's givinf the entire NFL a bad rep.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Steelerstrength
04-04-2007, 03:52 PM
Henry is obviously still a punk kid, with no concept of the consequences for his actions. Time for the NFL to be his Daddy and slap the shit out of him. (metaphorically speaking) 9 times equals eight times too many! It has gone beyond friends & family attempting to intervene. Whoop his ass!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Um,the real fans care about the team and want Henry either suspended,kicked off,or to clean up his damn act.The untrue fans,aka bandwagoners,will jump ship if the Bengals go 8-8 again.

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 03:35 PM
NFL: Suspend without pay for 2 seasons
NFLPA compromise: Suspend for 1 season with half pay

The problem is that these guys can't get convicted in court. We all know Henry is guilty as sin, but until a jury rings him up and sentences him, I mean REALLY sentences him to the 15 years (minimum) he deserves, nothing of substance will ever happen to these punks...

polamalufan43
04-06-2007, 04:14 PM
NFL: Suspend without pay for 2 seasons
NFLPA compromise: Suspend for 1 season with half pay

The problem is that these guys can't get convicted in court. We all know Henry is guilty as sin, but until a jury rings him up and sentences him, I mean REALLY sentences him to the 15 years (minimum) he deserves, nothing of substance will ever happen to these punks...

They only way that will happen is after he retires from the NFL. It seems that when "important" players get in trouble they are immune to charges.

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 04:19 PM
They only way that will happen is after he retires from the NFL. It seems that when "important" players get in trouble they are immune to charges.

After? You mean like OJ?

No, these guys are pretty much immune for life...

polamalufan43
04-06-2007, 04:21 PM
After? You mean like OJ?

No, these guys are pretty much immune for life...

Yeah, like he didn't really get into trouble untill after, but he still didn't get jail time, which IMHO... he did do it.

Suitanim
04-06-2007, 04:28 PM
You think OJ never committed a single crime up until he killed Ron and Nicole?

I think OJ committed a ton of lessor crimes, but it was a different era, and we just overlooked that kind of stuff in sports stars...but murder is pretty serious.

polamalufan43
04-06-2007, 04:34 PM
You think OJ never committed a single crime up until he killed Ron and Nicole?

I think OJ committed a ton of lessor crimes, but it was a different era, and we just overlooked that kind of stuff in sports stars...but murder is pretty serious.

Yeah, that's what I mean. People overlook this stuff when it comes to sports players, but it also depends on the team, because some teams are strict and will punish accordingly, while others seem not to really care.

tony hipchest
04-06-2007, 04:37 PM
ive actually heard fans call into radio shows and say that the nfl will be doing a huge disservice to these players by suspending them. the reasoning is taking away the sanctuary of the locker room and football could thrust these players into a huge tailspin and drive them into even greater trouble and darkness. :rolleyes:

as if the nfl owes them a cozy enviornment to commit crimes from, to prevent the crimes escalating to murder.

polamalufan43
04-06-2007, 04:39 PM
ive actually heard fans call into radio shows and say that the nfl will be doing a huge disservice to these players by suspending them. the reasoning is taking away the sanctuary of the locker room and football could thrust these players into a huge tailspin and drive them into even greater trouble and darkness. :rolleyes:

Pfh, and watch, the second that the player gets traded or leaves they'll start saying lock his backend up.

fansince'76
04-06-2007, 04:58 PM
ive actually heard fans call into radio shows and say that the nfl will be doing a huge disservice to these players by suspending them. the reasoning is taking away the sanctuary of the locker room and football could thrust these players into a huge tailspin and drive them into even greater trouble and darkness.

As if the sanctuary of the locker room and football kept them from getting into trouble in the first place. What a ridiculous argument. The kid gloves these guys get dealt justice with both by the NFL and society at large is what "thrusts these players into huge tailspins" more than anything else. Bust their asses hard the first time, and I guarantee you'll see the recidivism rate go way down. Not only that, but if examples were made of a few of these numbnuts, other "at-risk" players will be alot less likely to get into trouble with the law to begin with.

CantStop85
04-07-2007, 04:33 PM

as if the nfl owes them a cozy enviornment to commit crimes from, to prevent the crimes escalating to murder.

I agree to some extent...players usually do get into trouble more often when football is not in session. Just look at how many players have gotten arrested this offseason. Some of these guys need something to keep them occupied in order to stay out of trouble.

I'm not saying the NFL shouldn't suspend players, but the argument does hold water.

tony hipchest
04-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I agree to some extent...players usually do get into trouble more often when football is not in session. Just look at how many players have gotten arrested this offseason. Some of these guys need something to keep them occupied in order to stay out of trouble.

I'm not saying the NFL shouldn't suspend players, but the argument does hold water.putting them in prison will also prevent them from commiting more crimes (atleast against those in society).

to me, that argument holds more water. its too late for the nfl to coddle them. if they get into more trouble while they are suspended, godell has to have the balls to kick them out of the league for good.

silver & black
04-07-2007, 05:19 PM

I'm not saying the NFL shouldn't suspend players, but the argument does hold water.

How does it hold water? Do you need something to keep you occupied so you don't get in trouble? I don't. If I had millions of dollars, I think I could keep myself occupied, and out of trouble, just fine.

These guys (not just Bengals) think they are above the law, and everyone else. Its time to show them they are nothing special.

83-Steelers-43
04-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Man, I should go rob a bank this Summer and when I get busted I should tell the judge to let me off because I don't have anything to do in order to keep me busy. I could at the very least use that as a crutch for a lighter sentence. :rolleyes:

Instead of making excuses for these thugs the NFL should start cracking the whip and setting examples. Start off by booting Chris Henry and Pacman Jones out of the league. These idiots have been given enough chances. If it were anybody else they wouldn't be worrying about getting their jobs back because they would be in jail.

CantStop85
04-07-2007, 10:08 PM
putting them in prison will also prevent them from commiting more crimes (atleast against those in society).

Yeah, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

to me, that argument holds more water. its too late for the nfl to coddle them. if they get into more trouble while they are suspended, godell has to have the balls to kick them out of the league for good.

At some point, I agree.

How does it hold water? Do you need something to keep you occupied so you don't get in trouble? I don't. If I had millions of dollars, I think I could keep myself occupied, and out of trouble, just fine.

As could I, but a large portion of these players can't...football's the only thing that is preventing them from being on the streets selling dope. I don't know what you can do to punish them besides suspending/expelling them, but those are the facts.

silver & black
04-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

At some point, I agree.

As could I, but a large portion of these players can't...football's the only thing that is preventing them from being on the streets selling dope. I don't know what you can do to punish them besides suspending/expelling them, but those are the facts.

A full ride, athletic scholarship to college. A chance to earn a degree for free, if they choose. Fame and fortune in the NFL... if football is the only thing preventing these guys from selling dope on the streets, I would be fine with locking them all up.

That argument still doesn't hold water... My job is the only thing that keeps me from beating my wife, raping other women and abusing my children................. Please!

CantStop85
04-08-2007, 01:03 PM
That argument still doesn't hold water... My job is the only thing that keeps me from beating my wife, raping other women and abusing my children................. Please!

Of course that logic doesn't apply to you...it applies to a select group of players in the NFL. Let's face it, if it weren't for sports, almost half of professional athletes would end up being dead-beats or criminals. Do you really think all of them could make it through college and pick up a successful career? Look at some of the places and atmospheres these athletes have come from...even Chad Johnson has admitted that if it weren't for football, he'd probably be dead or in prison because of where he came from.

You can kick these players out of the league, but they're still going to be criminals and probably even worse. The NFL can't do anything to these people to suddenly make them better people...the only institutions that can are the federal and state governments. Until the legal system starts laying down the law on players, nothing's going to change.

83-Steelers-43
04-08-2007, 01:13 PM
I still find it funny people are against kicking them out of the league. Getting kicked out of the league should be the least of these two thugs worries. They should be in a cell where the rest of society's misfits end up. Why are they any different? Because they can catch or throw a ball? Give me a break. Go out and rape a girl. Beat the hell out of your wife. Flash guns. But don't worry, since your a football player and have no other options in life you can stay in the league and out of jail.

There are alot of people in this world who had horrible upbringings and who are not making millions of dollars every year. They stay out of trouble. Raise families. Hold solid jobs. But I guess for these two scumbags it's different? There's only one difference. Athletes get off and "normal folk" receive the punishment.

silver & black
04-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Of course that logic doesn't apply to you...it applies to a select group of players in the NFL. Let's face it, if it weren't for sports, almost half of professional athletes would end up being dead-beats or criminals. Do you really think all of them could make it through college and pick up a successful career? Look at some of the places and atmospheres these athletes have come from...even Chad Johnson has admitted that if it weren't for football, he'd probably be dead or in prison because of where he came from.

You can kick these players out of the league, but they're still going to be criminals and probably even worse. The NFL can't do anything to these people to suddenly make them better people...the only institutions that can are the federal and state governments. Until the legal system starts laying down the law on players, nothing's going to change.

I understand what you are saying... I just don't agree with it.

Many people come from hard childhoods, bad neighborhoods, negligent parents, etc... Lots of them pick themselve's up and make a life for themselve's. That takes hard work, determination and courage in the face of adversity. Every one of these primadona athletes could get a degree if they wanted it bad enough.... it's offered for free, while they "play" a game.

After they have gotten their multi million dollar contracts, what makes them seek out trouble? They are just bad seeds who will always find trouble, no matter what is given to them. Why should they be rewarded for their behaviour with multi millions of dollars and exemptions from the law to do whatever they choose?

Put a few of these idiots away for a good stretch of time, and I bet you see a different tune being played by these million dollar babies around the league.

Jeremy
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
True fans. I guess that's kind of like real Americans. Another throw away phrase people use when their heads are buried to far up their butts to see the light of day. You are what you are, people don't change. Chris Henry will get busted again, you can write that one down!

polamalufan43
04-08-2007, 07:00 PM
True fans. I guess that's kind of like real Americans. Another throw away phrase people use when their heads are buried to far up their butts to see the light of day. You are what you are, people don't change. Chris Henry will get busted again, you can write that one down!

I don't know about all people, but unless you have something or someone that kicks you straight up your arse I guess that's true.

Jeremy
04-08-2007, 10:40 PM
I don't know about all people, but unless you have something or someone that kicks you straight up your arse I guess that's true.

Henry won't change. The only leader on that club is Palmer and I don't think he has all that much stroke in that locker room.

83-Steelers-43
04-08-2007, 11:19 PM
The only leader on that club is Palmer and I don't think he has all that much stroke in that locker room.

No comment. :wink02:

msafford
04-08-2007, 11:27 PM
There are alot of people in this world who had horrible upbringings and who are not making millions of dollars every year. They stay out of trouble. Raise families. Hold solid jobs. But I guess for these two scumbags it's different? There's only one difference. Athletes get off and "normal folk" receive the punishment.

I agree...I think about my profession...(teaching) if one little thing happens, like a DUI...you're done. No pass go, no collecting of 200 dollars. So many kids look to the NFL, and more importantly, it's players, as role-models. What does it say when after so many offenses and crimes, so many of these players just get off with little more than a proverbial slap on the wrist? Being around kids on a daily basis, I know that they are very impressionable and also that not all of them have parents who can set them on the right path.

I truly hope that Goodell and co. law down the law.

GBMelBlount
04-08-2007, 11:41 PM

Hip, are you making a political statement? Sounds like the supreme court.

GBMelBlount
04-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Wow, I hate the Bunguls, I guess. They have some real Shitsticks on their team! Regardless, I still think we may be battling them to the end. A-holes doesn't mean bad team. Let's get real. Lot's of criminals are great athletes and it sounds like these criminals will keep playing.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-09-2007, 12:55 AM

That's the thing,athletes are considered above the law.They know they won't lose thier jobs over it.They might get cut by the team they are on,but they know someone will be right there to sign them to a new contract within a week.

If I did any of the things Chris Henry did,I would be out of my job and McDonalds wouldn't even hire me.I would end up in jail if not for the crimes comitted,for not paying my bills.

polamalufan43
04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
That's the thing,athletes are considered above the law.They know they won't lose thier jobs over it.They might get cut by the team they are on,but they know someone will be right there to sign them to a new contract within a week.

If I did any of the things Chris Henry did,I would be out of my job and McDonalds wouldn't even hire me.I would end up in jail if not for the crimes comitted,for not paying my bills.

:iagree:

Yeah, I think this is the overall issue.