PDA

View Full Version : Colon Impressing??

paw-n-maul-u
04-03-2007, 10:15 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2820156

That's the link if anyone wants it ... Len P's Insider Tip Sheet on ESPN.

heres what the articles says for those w/out insider:

Punts: Second-year veteran lineman Willie Colon, the former Hofstra standout who started the final two games of the season for Pittsburgh as a rookie in 2006, has been impressive so far in offseason work. Colon will be given the opportunity to unseat incumbent right offensive tackle Max Starks. ...

SteelShooter
04-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie! Go Willie!

GBMelBlount
04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
This is a shocker to me...Hofstra. Had a wrestling co-bud in high school went to hofstra for dental. Uhhhh...football? I can't say much about Willie except heard he was intense/fiery. If he makes it, good for him. Is he an underdog....yes!.....Love it!!!!...go Willie!!!!! GB the underdog who has the fire to overcomes the odds!!!!!!!! Go Willie! I have to call my buddy Ken and tell him the number of teeth he cleans pales in comparison to the number of of people Willie kicks on their ass!

ChronoCross
04-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Starks getting blown up on the line all last season. So it would not surprise me at all if Colon wins that position. I just cannot wait till the final lineup is put in and who wins which position on the Offensive line. Right now we take guesses, it is up to the guys now to work for that starting position.

Could you see tomlin making a practically whole new line this season if players beat out others. Cowher is gone there is no favor.

This could be 1 of many different starting lineups.
Essex
Faneca
Okobi
Mahan
Colon

GBMelBlount
04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Starks getting blown up on the line all last season. So it would not surprise me at all if Colon wins that position. I just cannot wait till the final lineup is put in and who wins which position on the Offensive line. Right now we take guesses, it is up to the guys now to work for that starting position.

Could you see tomlin making a practically whole new line this season if players beat out others. Cowher is gone there is no favor.

Essex
Faneca
Okobi
Mahan
Colon

Where is smith? did i miss something or is he playing that bad or traded?

Preacher
04-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Okay.

Let's get this out of the way.

Colon is too small
Colon is too limited
Colon is from a small school and still not ready
Colon only has attitude
Colon won't last the entire season

Why did we even waste our time with Him and the other Willie... parker just won't make it far in this league. He'll be lucky to run 750 yards! He isn't Bettis!

paw-n-maul-u
04-03-2007, 10:47 PM
no, smith would not get unseated by anyone on this roster right now, or anyone on the FA market for that matter. He is in the top half of the league in regards to LT's. That was just one VERY EXTREME case.

The line will look different next year, but not much different than:
(In order of most likely starting to least likely to start
LT-Smith
LG-Faneca
C-Simmons, Okobi, Mahan ... (I kind of hope Simmons wins the spot although Okobi probably has a slight edge right now)
RG-Mahan Simmons, Kemo
RT-Starks, Colon

The Mahan Signing pretty much closes the door on either simmons or Okobi for next year or possibly final roster cuts.

ChronoCross
04-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Where is smith? did i miss something or is he playing that bad or traded?

Smith is still around. I just thru out a total new lineup that could happen if others play hard to beat out guys like smith, starks, simmons.

Another Lineup could be;
Smith
Faneca
Mahan
Simmons
Colon

We have so many positions that are up in the air this year on the O line.. only job that is pretty well solid is Faneca. Rest hey better work hard are loose your starting job. With a new coach you never know he might make a complete change so we have to wait and see. You have Okobi, Mahan, Simmons fighting for center. You have Mahan and Simmons fighting for Guard if Okobi wins the Center Position. You have Colon and Starks fighting for RT. You have Smith and Essex fighting for LT, then again you could have Starks fighting for LT if he looses out to Colon at RT. It will be a crazy summer to see who wins what, and that is just some of the names that are fighting for positions, remember we have more at depth to. And with the draft coming we might get a stud O Linemen that could fight for one of this positions to.

GBMelBlount
04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
paunmaulu, chrono . agreed it is actually scary to have so many uncertains. One thing for sure, as said by another SF brother, every tough O-line has been followed with a solid performance the next year. Not sure €how that is going to happen.....have Faith! Pray it will!!!!! We can do it!!!! We've got some young sheetsticks that just may pull it of. Believe!!!!!! And...hopefully a stud or two in the draft like CC said!

ben2hines=6
04-04-2007, 12:35 AM
Why did we even waste our time with Him and the other Willie... parker just won't make it far in this league. He'll be lucky to run 750 yards! He isn't Bettis!

ouch....how can u possibly say that...in two seasons as a starter willie ran for 1200 then 1500

OneForTheToe
04-04-2007, 02:46 AM
ouch....how can u possibly say that...in two seasons as a starter willie ran for 1200 then 1500

Sarcasm twin powers activate.

Preacher wasn't being serious, ben2hines=6.

Steel Pit
04-04-2007, 03:27 AM

Essex
Faneca
Okobi
Mahan
Colon

It wouldn't bother me to see the Steelers test this lineup. They couldn't play any worse than Starks and Simmons played last season. I guess we're all supposed to assume that Starks and Simmons just "took some plays off" last season and they'll be back stronger then ever this season. Whatever, if those guys were taking plays off last season then they should be benched or cut.

Bravo Essex! Bravo Colon! Bravo Mahan! I can't wait to see you play.

DACEB
04-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Okay.

Colon is too small
Colon is too limited
Colon only has attitude

Who are you and what did you do with Preacher?

DACEB
04-04-2007, 09:52 AM
no, smith would not get unseated by anyone on this roster right now, or anyone on the FA market for that matter. He is in the top half of the league in regards to LT's. That was just one VERY EXTREME case.

The line will look different next year, but not much different than:
(In order of most likely starting to least likely to start
LT-Smith
LG-Faneca
C-Simmons, Okobi, Mahan ... (I kind of hope Simmons wins the spot although Okobi probably has a slight edge right now)
RG-Mahan Simmons, Kemo
RT-Starks, Colon

The Mahan Signing pretty much closes the door on either simmons or Okobi for next year or possibly final roster cuts.

Agreed, but how about;

LT-Smith
LG-Mahan
C-Simmons
RG-Kemo
RT-Colon/Starks

and we have Gaines Adams!!!

tony hipchest
04-04-2007, 10:40 AM
marvel smith has a cap charge of about $6.8 million this year which means hes the most expensive steeler we got.

does anyone really believe hes gonna get beat out or ride the pine? thats flat out crazy!

fansince'76
04-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Is it just me, or does the thread title "Colon Impressing" sound like a medical condition?

tony hipchest
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Is it just me, or does the thread title "Colon Impressing" sound like a medical condition?it is. tom brady is on the injury report every week with a "colon impression".

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM
Is it just me, or does the thread title "Colon Impressing" sound like a medical condition?

"Colon Impressing"..is exactly why some people cant ride bikes.

SteelCityPride
04-04-2007, 11:50 AM

better than a colon explosion coming from lifting heavy weights.

19ward86
04-04-2007, 11:59 AM
i thought he was amazing for a rookie last year, we have struggled with the tackle position, he would come in handy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2007, 12:03 PM
better than a colon explosion coming from lifting heavy weights.

..exactly why they call the guys that stand behind weightlifters.....spotters.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-04-2007, 03:33 PM
Okay.

Colon is too small
Colon is too limited
Colon only has attitude

Are your serious??

Stlrs4Life
04-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Let's hope his impressiveness continues.

GBMelBlount
04-04-2007, 07:59 PM

That's actually because they took the seat off one too many times..

Elvis
04-05-2007, 08:24 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2820156

That's the link if anyone wants it ... Len P's Insider Tip Sheet on ESPN.

heres what the articles says for those w/out insider:

Punts: Second-year veteran lineman Willie Colon, the former Hofstra standout who started the final two games of the season for Pittsburgh as a rookie in 2006, has been impressive so far in offseason work. Colon will be given the opportunity to unseat incumbent right offensive tackle Max Starks. ...
I for one hope that he gets the job the old fashioned way...
HE EARNS IT!!
Jesus Loves You
Elvis

The Duke
04-05-2007, 09:29 PM
Hope he plays better than Max and controls his attitude.

The Duke
04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
As long as it leads to Max Starks spending less time on the playing field, I will support anyone, including Bin Laden.

:sofunny: